Writing Confessions

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Feel surprisingly good considering how little sleep I got.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125502  Edited By ParagonxXx

@juno_fei: And responding to your thoughts on Jedi: Fallen Order. :D

Wow wow wow. Now this is the Star Wars game I have been waiting for.

Same here! It only took YEARS for a single player Star Wars game like this to come out? It should not have taken that long considering the success of the Jedi Outcast series as well as Knights of the Old Republic and it's sequel, the Sith Lords. This game is truly a work of art.

For those unfamiliar, Fallen Order follows the story of Cal, a young Jedi Padewan that was merely a boy when Order 66 occurred during the height of the Galactic Republic. Now a young man in hiding, his cover on a junker planet is suddenly blown, and is now face to face with the now all powerful Empire. With the help of a defunct Jedi Master, he sets out to find the means to bring back the Jedi Order, in the hopes that one day they will take down The Emperor once and for all...

And this ^ right here is one of my few gripes about the game as a whole. Nearly every Star Wars game takes place sometime just before, during or after one of the movies either in the original trilogy era or the prequel movie era. Literally, every Star Wars game does this with the exception of just a few (i.e. KOTOR I & II, along with the MMO). This era has been done to death and I'm sick and tired of seeing it all the time. We have been here already a countless number of times. Why does every director, game creator, etc, have to revisit this era time and again? There are lots of stories to tell that haven't been told in the Star Wars mythology such as the era in which the Jedi's first started. I'd love to see a game about that, even a movie.

Almost instantly after a world-setting introduction (which is nothing short of stunning, and gave me serious nostalgia over the Clone Wars)

Yep, I even saw a pile of broken up battle droids from the prequel era. Even a gunship! I was like, "Awesome!"

you're put right into the action as a semi-competent Jedi in training, and holy guns do you get to feel like a Jedi.

More than any other game in the history of Star Wars, I feel like a true Jedi in this game more than any other. Even Jedi Outcast. Speaking of which, I see many of the same elements in the previously mentioned game series that are similar to this game. Similar and vastly improved upon.

The combat mechanics and flow of action is superb, bringing back the rush I felt when playing the studio's previous masterpiece, Titanfall 2. You'll spend probably ten minutes swinging around your lightsaber from just how satisfying and alluring the design is overall. From fighting stun baton wielding troopers (in what feels just like Finn taking on Mr. TRAITOR) to deflecting blaster bolts back at stormtroopers, it only takes one instance for the player to feel immersed.

I LOVE the block feature that opponents have. It's a brilliant way to handle some of the combat mechanics in this game. I can chop a guy up with my Lightsaber with one hit and feel powerful doing so, but he has a decent, maybe strong, defense before I can do that.
Deflecting blaster bolts feels much more streamlined and overall far better than the Jedi Outcast games. It flows much better and feels more organic rather than a forced gimmick. I love it!

Acting is an intermission between all of the action are your usual platforming puzzle segments. That's not a barb, either, as every planet, tomb or derelict rebel base you come across feels fresh and exciting. This is one of those games where I kept catching myself with my mouth open at the sights, or gritting my teeth when making a sketchy jump to the next crumbling stone. There's tons of backstory and lore sprinkled throughout each level, but not in a way that's forced down the player's throat. Instead, it's there for if you want to learn more about your surroundings.

Indeed! The level design and game lore is truly top notch. Very, very impressive and the devs really outdid themselves with it. I like reading every little tidbit, getting insight on how to beat enemies and exploring every nook and cranny of each environment. The acting is great all around and I have no complaints so far.

Another thing to note is the performance done by Cameron Monaghan, who portrays the protagonist Cal. A lot of people (including myself) were weary of having someone who hammed it up on the Gotham series as Jerome Valeska (The proto-Joker) in such a role, especially since they use his likeness. My concerns were quickly dismissed, however, as I quickly got enveloped in Cal's naive, yet world weary personality, and quickly saw him as the inexperienced Jedi as opposed to a psychopathic clown man. All of his dialogue feels natural, noteworthy considering we spend large amounts of time with just Cal talking to his little droid buddy BD-1.

Of course, I do keep expecting Cal to start laughing like the Joker since the actor played such a character on Gotham. Hehe, but agreed! Cameron does an amazing job as an inexperienced Jedi. BD-1 is ADORABLE!

This is just my initial assessment after spending six hours with the game, and I can already safely give it my personal recommendation to anyone who's even remotely a Star Wars fan looking for a good single player experience.

Same here!
Now, is it my imagination or does that gal named Cere look like Homer Simpson? I mean, seriously. Look at those bulging eyes. Oh my goodness. 0.0

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalius_hawthron: No, but the episodes are short so far. Why, I can only guess because of the budget.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#125504 Feral Nova  Moderator

I want to battle someone, but then at the same time I don't want to put the work into it LOL

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125505 Feral Nova  Moderator

I wonder if I can convince Mercy to do a interaction for So-so, I really wanna finish up her "figuring out who I am" story.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm done with tonight.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I left my mouse at home. -____- This is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125508 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:

I left my mouse at home. -____- This is gonna be a pain in the ass.

you take your own mouse to work? >.>

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Yeah! The mouse touchpad on my laptop is kinda wonky (I may have spilled wine or something else on it) so I tote my mouse everywhere I bring my laptop. I guess tonight I was just in such a hyper rush that I left it on my work desk at home.

What alternative would there be?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125510 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:

@feral_nova: Yeah! The mouse touchpad on my laptop is kinda wonky (I may have spilled wine or something else on it) so I tote my mouse everywhere I bring my laptop. I guess tonight I was just in such a hyper rush that I left it on my work desk at home.

What alternative would there be?

I just use the mouse at work LOL

I see some people bring their own things to work (keyboard, mouse, phone handset, chair and such) but idk that sounds like too much work. But you have a reason, your touch pad is acting up. Sorry you forgot it :/

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Ohhhh! Yeah, I also work at a warehouse that's still being constructed so not really any alternatives. A chair sounds like a bit much for hassle. >_> Keyboard and phone, even mild mysophobic tendencies could be at play, especially considering the environment.

I really want a new laptop. This one's WAY old and likely on its last legs. It's been a good run, but I'd like to get something that can do things like run photoshop and other programs like so without slowing to a crawl. As well as other more major technical issues which have me constantly backing everything up onto flash drives for fear of one day in which it might just stop turning on.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125512 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:

@feral_nova: Ohhhh! Yeah, I also work at a warehouse that's still being constructed so not really any alternatives. A chair sounds like a bit much for hassle. >_> Keyboard and phone, even mild mysophobic tendencies could be at play, especially considering the environment.

I really want a new laptop. This one's WAY old and likely on its last legs. It's been a good run, but I'd like to get something that can do things like run photoshop and other programs like so without slowing to a crawl. As well as other more major technical issues which have me constantly backing everything up onto flash drives for fear of one day in which it might just stop turning on.

Oh yeah, most of those who bring things in are a bit of a germophob, some of them just swear that the things they bring are better lol Like the chair. He's a doctor and just doesn't like the chairs that are provided for us here in the ER. He said they're not... ugh I remember what he called them but the only thing that comes to mind is combat ready? LOL He conceal carries and it's at his ankle and he said that the chairs we have don't allow him easy access to his weapon so he brings a chair that he swears is better. He just keeps it here in the ED at a room we use for storage.

you go treat yourself a new laptop! you deserve one for the amount of work you do.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: o_O He just...does that...and he's allowed to bring that in the hospital? I mean I get that he's a doctor, but...Jesus! There's something comical about all this coming from a doctor, but also disconcerting. I couldn't deal with that. Panic attack waiting to happen.

Well, I'll see how much I can save by the end of the month and if it'll leave enough after rent to Black Friday myself something nice from the website Armtrice told me about. In the absence of that, I'd hope to take advantage of the fact I'm scheduled to be working on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years to try and stack as much as I can.

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that my greatest strength as writer is portraying each of my characters and their posts in such a way that they feel distinct, almost like they were written by different people. At least, that’s what I have been told.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125515 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:

@feral_nova: o_O He just...does that...and he's allowed to bring that in the hospital? I mean I get that he's a doctor, but...Jesus! There's something comical about all this coming from a doctor, but also disconcerting. I couldn't deal with that. Panic attack waiting to happen.

Well, I'll see how much I can save by the end of the month and if it'll leave enough after rent to Black Friday myself something nice from the website Armtrice told me about. In the absence of that, I'd hope to take advantage of the fact I'm scheduled to be working on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years to try and stack as much as I can.

I mean... no he's not allowed to, but he also doesn't tell anyone except for other people who also conceal carry. He also told me because well... I used to be his scribe and I would sit right next to him so everything he talked about I heard lol. I actually feel pretty safe with him around cause I know if sh!t happens he'll take care of it. I've never felt anxious around him.

You're working all the holidays!? Zaubs! You need some fun too! T_T

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125516  Edited By Rosso

@feral_nova: Well, I suppose if Nova approves...

Holidays equal more money! Money is fun!

And it's pretty much a guarantee that other people won't hassle me. With their presence.
And it's pretty much a guarantee that other people won't hassle me. With their presence.
Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore is wild.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to battle someone, but then at the same time I don't want to put the work into it LOL

If you are looking for a half-hearted battle then Im your guy, lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m looking for a battle too but I need it to be canon

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125521 Feral Nova  Moderator

ANYONE WHO HURTS CAT WILL BE BANNED

just saying

and totally kidding... maybe...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone post my gif and @ nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than Nova I don’t think I would survive here without Impero

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

Hmm. I could use some more battle experience.

Would you want the battle to be like a sparring match or something? Because if you're lookin for a hero/villain thing I don't have many baddies.

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer: So....you want to slow stuff down (which I understand) but jump to get into the hexagon with Cat???

Dark_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_grimm:

It's not about slowing things down. I'm still going to be active, my posting and time on here will just be off, which I think Cat understands. I'm working on getting caught up right now so yes, I can afford to get in the Hexagon with Cat.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125528 Feral Nova  Moderator

Someone post my gif and @ nova

LMAO

@adam_grimm:

It's not about slowing things down. I'm still going to be active, my posting and time on here will just be off, which I think Cat understands. I'm working on getting caught up right now so yes, I can afford to get in the Hexagon with Cat.

you need to be on your A game with Sha. B won’t cut it... unless you wanna die :P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125529 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova said:

If you are looking for a half-hearted battle then Im your guy, lol

Hmmmmm interested. who do you wanna use?

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Oh man, battles galore today. I replied to you first but you are now third in que so some waiting is going to have to occur

• You using Nova?
  • you want this in canon or random interaction?
  • I got Adam, Razcaz (techno morpher virus), Pretty Kitty, and Lady Power - so how you answer the above would dictate the challenger, unless you have someone in mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_west: It can be either or I have a story I want to push but I just need a venue

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125532  Edited By Cutting_Edge
Dark_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador:

Well, I'm interested in the story you have brewing in your genius mind.

Avatar image for daughter_of_nordok
Daughter_of_Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANYONE WHO HURTS CAT WILL BE BANNED

just saying

and totally kidding... maybe...

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War of the mods O_o ?

Adam_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: true confession - I had no idea that GIF was to symbolize Cat and Nova. Mind blown

TheSentinell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125537  Edited By TheSentinell

I feel as if I'm the only one who finds sporting events dull

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125538 Feral Nova  Moderator

@feral_nova: Oh man, battles galore today. I replied to you first but you are now third in que so some waiting is going to have to occur

• You using Nova?
  • you want this in canon or random interaction?
  • I got Adam, Razcaz (techno morpher virus), Pretty Kitty, and Lady Power - so how you answer the above would dictate the challenger, unless you have someone in mind

I was just gonna use Whatever character is better suited for whatever character you wanted to use LOL

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be a perfect time to get into The Clone Wars.

Avatar image for daughter_of_nordok
Daughter_of_Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: It's always the perfect time to get into The Clone Wars.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge: true confession - I had no idea that GIF was to symbolize Cat and Nova. Mind blown

Pathetic.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125542  Edited By Cutting_Edge

Where is everyone getting all this vibranium from?! Isn't that stuff supposed to be exceedingly rare and incredibly expensive >_< ?

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason having to play as the redhead from Gotham has my interest @ a zero. Its 2019. If I cant make at the very least, moderate changes to my characters appearance, I'm out.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, here we go!
Well, here we go!
Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a better Gibraltar than I am Wraith.

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchmen is high art lmao

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125547 Feral Nova  Moderator

Princess Mononoke is in theaters till the 20th but the nearest showing is 100 miles away T___T

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go see Spirited Away in theatres a hundred miles away.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

oh damn i thought it was my turn lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60324cd907a0e
deactivated-60324cd907a0e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points