#1 Edited by Neon_Leon (2476 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a confession about something you do while writing? Wanna talk about something you feel OOC? Just feel like posting nonsense at a reasonable rate? Then this is the place for you!

My confession is my story ideas are generally all over the place until I just pick something.

#2 Posted by _Nox_ (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

I write all my posts on the toilet. That's why they're hot shit. Lol

#3 Posted by _Sharp_ (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooh gettum!

I always do my posts to movie scores or instrumentals.

#4 Posted by Marcus_Crowne (1456 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Neon_Leon (2476 posts) - - Show Bio

@_nox_: lol that joke was crap XD

#6 Edited by Marcus_Crowne (1456 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I am able to build my whole post around a GIF that I want to use.

I also wrote a 4 paragraph post about pizza once. No lie.

#7 Posted by Bonfire (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Never RPed using a female character.

#8 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonfire said:

Never RPed using a female character.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
#9 Posted by Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I've ever completely finished an RP.

#10 Posted by _Sharp_ (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I did once. Sin Fong, Flucks and then Animus personal assistant

#11 Edited by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by _Nox_ (9696 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Neon_Leon (2476 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to write all m y stuff in an hour and I'm like I'll wait to post but I dont.

#15 Posted by Maverick_6 (9230 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably the first user ever to put more effort into the of his own mooks/underlings than their own main characters.

I write female characters, but often have difficulty doing so at times. Especially when it comes to people hitting on you, which I am getting over.

Maverick is probably my biggest no sell account in concerns to fighting characters/other groups.

My writing in my view is inconsistent. Sometimes it's good, other times it's meh....got a bit of polish on it but not actually good.

I edit a lot. I post something long and it will be almost guaranteed riddled with grammar or sentence errors because I miss things in my brief proofreading.

Characters talk mad sh** sometimes but of course, it doesn't mean much ooc, even if I get "out of hand."

I often listen to video game music while I write that fits well for the scene itself.

Avatar image for hank_huntington
#16 Posted by Hank_Huntington (67 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

I often pay more attention to the music I'm listening than to the whole post. My vibe depends a lot of it.

I usually plan three or four posts ahead while writing one, even though I know it's never going the way I want because people don't think like me.

Sometimes I'll just finish a post and while reading it, I'll decide that the character is better off not existing.

If I had to describe my writing, I'd say "it has been better". Nowadays I try to focus more on the emotional than the words and I prefer to actually build a backstory and a character than being all 'I have powers and pretty words, let's fight!' like I once was.

I despise at least 50% of all canon I built, the other 50% is just lucky that I don't remember it... Or it's a character that I hold/held dear for one or two decent interactions.

That second case is rare. The characters are: Drake Wolf and Atrocity (Sith version).

I find it magical when I see people writing more than four paragraphs and they're all great. I can't even properly write one with enough interesting information!

If I had to pick a favorite topic to RPG about, I'd say space. I have loads of ideas about space and I find myself constantly thinking about why I didn't use that lore to expand CV's canon.

#18 Posted by superstay (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm a cowardly writer...I love RPing on the defensive, or the run...

All of my female characters start off as female counterparts to my males...

I'm deeply unable to write my characters to harm animals. Even the monstrous/psychotic/psychopathic characters I have bare a reason for them not to harm animals...

d^_^b

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
#19 Posted by Crimson_Vigilante (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I'll skim a bio just for the info I need at the moment, and then forget to fill int he blanks later.

I write female characters, but often have difficulty doing so at times. Especially when it comes to people hitting on you, which I am getting over.

Oh stahp it, there's no way you could have been more awkward than Cade in that scenario :P

#20 Posted by Crimson_Vigilante (874 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake: Ditto on most of that lol

I've got this weird thing going for me where whenever I look at any of my things I've written, i hate them and want to improve but am too lazy to and it kills me. I mean, I'm sure they're all fine, but everything I write is shit in my eyes and I want to burn it and start over.

#21 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake: Ditto on most of that lol

I've got this weird thing going for me where whenever I look at any of my things I've written, i hate them and want to improve but am too lazy to and it kills me. I mean, I'm sure they're all fine, but everything I write is shit in my eyes and I want to burn it and start over.

This is where we differ =P

#22 Posted by Feral Nova (55691 posts) - - Show Bio

The only male character I've ever written was a genderbent Feral Nova but he was more of a joke than an actual character to RP with. Other than him I've never writtin a male character.

Avatar image for kaylen_knightfall
#23 Posted by Kaylen_Knightfall (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely feel you on that.

#24 Posted by Feral Nova (55691 posts) - - Show Bio

If I can't find a gif for my post, I feel that it's severely incomplete.

Or if I find a gif I really want to use, I'll change my entire post to fit that gif.

#25 Posted by Dreadpool10 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm terrible at writing female characters. I just am.

I tend to look at post of other writers that I look up to for inspiration.

Avatar image for kaylen_knightfall
#26 Posted by Kaylen_Knightfall (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone once thought I was a woman when I wrote the original version of 'Fraga' who was an alternate universe daughter of my other character, Andres Knightfall. Needless to say, I had good ass laugh responding to his PM, LOL.

#27 Posted by Zauberin (5730 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6 said:

Getting hit on is just strange overall.

#28 Posted by _Lila_ (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of my character ideas come from things I've watched or even music I was listening to. I made Abel because I was watching Tim Burton's Batman on Netflix, and after watching Terminator Genesis I want to make a T-800.

#29 Posted by Dreadpool10 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#30 Edited by Feral Nova (55691 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the seven years I've been here, I can count the number of Rps I've made on one hand.

#31 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

I make the best characters when I'm depressed about me and my writing. The name Nobody is a product of that.

#32 Posted by Untamed (508 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like anything I write.

It always needs improving in my mind.

#33 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like anything I write.

It always needs improving in my mind.

Am I in any way related to you? Like, blood relations, past-life relations, soul relations? We can't be so damn equal!

#34 Posted by Untamed (508 posts) - - Show Bio

@_drake:

Dude.

We're related by the stars.

#35 Posted by Vivide (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

Took a break because a rpg blog post got eaten by the site and re-organizing the whole thing ruined the mood

#36 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Maverick_6 (9230 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I'll skim a bio just for the info I need at the moment, and then forget to fill int he blanks later.

@maverick_6 said:

Oh stahp it, there's no way you could have been more awkward than Cade in that scenario :P

That was exactly what I was thinking about when I was typing that post.

@zauberin said:
@kaylen_knightfall said:
@maverick_6 said:

Getting hit on is just strange overall.

It feels natural for a few male characters of mine. The rest, I can just play with the awkwardness or act indifferently.

And then there are character I make who you simply don't hit on.

Females, its like my character should be receptive of it, depending on the person and how it's done, but I as an author....am not.

Out of the seven years I've been here, I can count the number of Rps I've made on one hand.

Rather demanding. None too sure about doing something everyone can be involved. Though I can plan places.

#38 Posted by Crimson_Vigilante (874 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Feral Nova (55691 posts) - - Show Bio

I always feel very awkward when someone wants a relationship with one of my characters. its just... Weird... And... Uncomfortable for me LOL very out of the box writing.

#40 Posted by Untamed (508 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Maverick_6 (9230 posts) - - Show Bio

@vivide said:

Took a break because a rpg blog post got eaten by the site and re-organizing the whole thing ruined the mood

Copy/Paste is your friend,

I always feel very awkward when someone wants a relationship with one of my characters. its just... Weird... And... Uncomfortable for me LOL very out of the box writing.

Depends. I think it generally should be more story reasons as to why you do it. If it happens, it should be interesting.

#43 Posted by Vivide (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6: forgot to do that before and will return with a soft reboot

#44 Posted by Maverick_6 (9230 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Crimson_Vigilante (874 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Hank_Huntington (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't write females for the life of me and have never wrote one in all my history of rp'ing

Despite having the flirtiest flirt on earth FF i have no idea how to write relationship stuff

#47 Posted by Untamed (508 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to bitch.

#48 Posted by Hank_Huntington (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a reallllly bad habit of thinknig about how x character will fare in a fight vs y character

#49 Posted by _Drake (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to whine about my problems.

#50 Posted by Untamed (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Moan complain mope whine