Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17268 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darthfury78: Yeah,no. I really don't think it's actually a good idea for Marvel to start rebooting their entire universe especially since most of their stuff from the 2010s to early 2016 were really stellar. I believe the best course of action they should do is just try and restore everything to it's former glory like bringing back big characters like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner which they have been doing and just try and improve more of their stuff AND MORE IMPORTANTLY make some sort of story event one shot or series as a full apology over the stuff that had actually happened to them like teams killing and crippling each other, murdering your former mentor, and just constantly just beat up each other and arrest people for crimes they have not even committed and blame people for the stuff they didn't do because of that person's extremist behaviours. And as for Spider-Man, they should restore the guy to his full and former glory as a more mature, responsible, competent, and intelligent person with some traits he had since college. They should also try to improve on his life more often. Because, really. Of all the stuff the guy had actually went through in all of his life, the guy really deserves this. And More Importantly, the should try to undo OMD and restore the marriage but with some effort. If the marriage being restored happened but with some actual effort put into it, then this would really help make their sales rise even higher than ever. Even the ones they had before. Really, if the restoration happens, you could expect more people picking up their stuff even more. And really, that would actually help be the one that would actually make their sales sky rocket like they never had even experienced before. I mean, with guys like Dan Slott and Chip Zdarsky, the status on the characters in his series haven't been all that good and is most likely hurting the character even more with them on board. So, yeah. I really don't think that Marvel should reboot. But, just to improve things some more. Really, rebooting the universe would really not be a good thing for all the characters that had appeared in all these years.

It's not a reboot. It's a universe that continues where the Marvel Universe of 1984-1985 left off.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

PREVIEW OF AMAZING SPIDER-MAN#789

(It's funny how Peter doesn't want to hear the words "Brand New Day", yet this feels a lot like a stage-by-stage reenactment of it, even Bobbi is acting a bit like Michelle here)

Spidey bails out the Blackbird as Annie narrates the closing chapter of the Stegman era

PREVIEW OF AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS#12

PREVIEW - DEFENDERS #6 (BLACK CAT)

PREVIEW - GWENPOOL #21

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

(It's funny how Peter doesn't want to hear the words "Brand New Day", yet this feels a lot like a stage-by-stage reenactment of it, even Bobbi is acting a bit like Michelle here)

Spidey bails out the Blackbird as Annie narrates the closing chapter of the Stegman era

for ASM, Really. What The Heck Is Bobbi's Problem Here? Why Is She Just Trying To Treat Peter Like This? I Mean, It Was Bad Enough With Michelle And Really Bad With Nadia Pym. But, Here With Bobbi.......I'm Sorry.....But.....Didn't See Know What Has Been Going On With Peter? On Why He Did What He Did? Why Is She Treating Him Like This? I Would've Had A Problem With This Questioning Her Being A Hero And Everything. But, This Actually Goes Really Beyond or Me To Even Like Her Here. I Was Concerned About What Slott Was Gonna Do In Their Relationship. But, This Is Actually Even Worse Than I Expected. Yeah, This Kind Of Thing Actually Just Shows Why Slott Shouldn't Stay On The Series or Long. The Guy Is Just Ruining The Character, His Mythos, And Status. Why Is Slott Even Doing This? Why Is Marvel Even Doing This. This Seems Less Like Loving The Character And More Like Hating Him. I Mean....Really...I Really Don't See This Series Holding On With A Writer Like Slott Around. I Really Hope That The Guy Does Actually Leave The Series or Someone Not Only Better. But One Who Really Loves And Adores The Character As Much As We Do. And I Really Hope That We Get That Soon. But, for Now, We're Just Gonna Have To Hope That The Upcopming Venom Inc. Is Any Good I Mean, Mike Costa Writes A Pretty Good Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Especially Since He's Actually Co-Writing or The Tie In ASM.

for RYV. Looks Really Great. Totally A Breath Of fresh Ater Reading The ASM Preview. Really Like How He's Teaming Up With The X-Men. Hope The Other Heroes Will Assist Him Here In This Battle. I Also Hope To See How This Chapter Ends or Part 1 Of Their Story. Really Can't Wait To Check This Out :)

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31355  Edited By MarvelMan92
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

for ASM, Really. What The Heck Is Bobbi's Problem Here? Why Is She Just Trying To Treat Peter Like This? I Mean, It Was Bad Enough With Michelle And Really Bad With Nadia Pym. But, Here With Bobbi.......I'm Sorry.....But.....Didn't See Know What Has Been Going On With Peter? On Why He Did What He Did? Why Is She Treating Him Like This? I Would've Had A Problem With This Questioning Her Being A Hero And Everything. But, This Actually Goes Really Beyond or Me To Even Like Her Here. I Was Concerned About What Slott Was Gonna Do In Their Relationship. But, This Is Actually Even Worse Than I Expected. Yeah, This Kind Of Thing Actually Just Shows Why Slott Shouldn't Stay On The Series or Long. The Guy Is Just Ruining The Character, His Mythos, And Status. Why Is Slott Even Doing This? Why Is Marvel Even Doing This. This Seems Less Like Loving The Character And More Like Hating Him. I Mean....Really...I Really Don't See This Series Holding On With A Writer Like Slott Around. I Really Hope That The Guy Does Actually Leave The Series or Someone Not Only Better. But One Who Really Loves And Adores The Character As Much As We Do. And I Really Hope That We Get That Soon. But, for Now, We're Just Gonna Have To Hope That The Upcopming Venom Inc. Is Any Good I Mean, Mike Costa Writes A Pretty Good Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Especially Since He's Actually Co-Writing or The Tie In ASM.

for RYV. Looks Really Great. Totally A Breath Of fresh Ater Reading The ASM Preview. Really Like How He's Teaming Up With The X-Men. Hope The Other Heroes Will Assist Him Here In This Battle. I Also Hope To See How This Chapter Ends or Part 1 Of Their Story. Really Can't Wait To Check This Out :)

If Marvel give Slott a contract extension, he would destory Spider-Man as we know it. The guy doesn't like Peter Parker. He likes Dr. Ock. I never understood why Marvel didn't give Slott a Doc Ock spinoff series and give ASM to Charles Soule of Brian Reed.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

If Marvel give Slott a contract extension, he would destory Spider-Man as we know it. The guy doesn't like Peter Parker. He likes Dr. Ock. I never understood why Marvel didn't give Slott a Doc Ock spinoff series and give ASM to Charles Soule of Brian Reed.

Yeah, It Is VERY Clear Now That All Slott Is Actually Doing Is Destroying The Character And His Mythos Along With His Status. They're Not Really All That Clever Nor Meaningful. They're Just Really Cringeworthy To Read And See. Same Thing Goes For A Writer Like Chip Zdarsky. All They're Doing Is Actually Hurting The Character Rather Than Just Trying To Improve It. Really, These Guys Are Really Not Even Trying To Write A Good Spider-Man Story Even More. All Slott Is Doing Is Just Wasting Time Just Trying To Troll The Fans And For Zdarsky, I Doesn't Really Seem Like He actually Cares About Writing A Story At This Point. Really, All Of This Was Actually Just Trying To Humiliate The Character Even Further. And Honestly, With Slott's Handling Of The Character And His Treatment Towards The Fans And Readers And With Zdartsky's Writing, I Don 't Think Either Of Them Would Last On The Series Since They Really Aren't Doing Anything To Help The Character Nor The Industry For That Matter. So, Yeah. I'd Really Like To Have Some Writers Not Only Better For The Character And His Series, But, Also Really Loves And Understands The Character And His Mythos As Much As The Fans Do. So Yeah. If That Happens, Then, I'd Really Like To See Writers Like Charles Soule Handling The Character In The ASM Series While A Writer Like Gerry Duggan Handles The Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Masn Series With Rotating Writers Such As Matthew Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, And Possibly Even Others Like Saladin Ahmed, Donny Cates, Rodney Barnes, Al Ewing, Cullen Bunn, And Possibly Even Jef Loveness There. But, I'd Mostly Like To See Gerry Duggan Handling The Series. Any Writers Would Do. Just So Long As They Really Treat The Character Well.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Wih Something Like That, They REALLY Should Start Improving More On Their Company Series, Characters, And Status As A Whole. I Mean, They Really Have No Reason To Fool Around At This Point. They Are Really At A Point Where They Should Start Improving On Their Status And Listen To The Fans, Readers, And Retailers. It Really Doesn't Hurt To Do All Of These Things And It Never Has. Just Try To Listen To Them And Apologize At The Same Time And Try To Make The Series And Characters And Their Mythos Great I Not Brilliant Again. I Mean, That's All They Really Have To Do. Some Of Their Stuff Looks Good. But, So Far, None Of Them Were New. And The Spider-Man Panel Was The Most Disappointing Panel That I Have Ever Seen Mostly Because Of The Writers Not Doing Anything To Peak My Interest And The Reveal That Carlie Cooper Would Be Back And Still Likely Under Slott. Really, There Is Really No Point At All To Ignore And Mistreat The Fans, Readers, And Retailers At This Point. They Are At A Point Where They Should Start Listening To Them Instead Of Just Putting Some Forced Political Nonsense And Try To Pander To The SJW Crowd Who Never Cared About Comics Nor Any Concepts Of Creativity. I Mean, Really. They Should Start Listening. Start Improving. And Just Try And Restore Everything Their Natural Glory. And I REALLY Hope To See Some Good If Not Great Progress Being Made To Them.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31360  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

Just finished Issue Twelve of Renew Your Vows. Woo boy, it packed a lot into it..don't think it was quite as satisfactory a conclusion as I'd have liked to have seen, but for a finale to the Conway/Stegman era, it was servicable

In a twist, it's revealed it's Mss. January, not Normie, who is controlling the Mech Goblin. Normie had a change of heart off-panel and got into an argument with January, which led to him being knocked unconscious. I presume it was January that gave the order to wipe out the board of directors in the previous issue as Normie says to MJ and Liz he did not want to commit any more bad deeds, but I guess it's ambiguous enough.

Peter and the X-Men battle the Mech Goblin but they are easily overpowered by the machine, which absorbs their powers. Peter tries to siphon the power with his own Regent tech, but he winds up being completly drained of his own abilities. MJ saves him, but the symbiote is caught in the line of fire and disintegrated, leaving MJ intact, but powerless, and the two smash into the window of a nearby building.

Normie and Annie team up and Annie journeys inside the Mech Goblin to take out it's energy core and they manage to bring it down. Normie and Annie patch things up and embrace, with Normie giving Peter an orb that contains all of his and the X-Men's stolen powers. MJ webs up her face to conceal her identity after losing the symbiote.

Flash forward to eight years later, and Peter and MJ give Annie her new outfit for her birthday

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'm spoiling some off it for you, but I just had to show you,

Please don't ask what happened I don't want to relive this again, it was that bad. a definite FFFFFFFFFFFFF

not only does Mary Jane look weird in the last panel she's in, but the whole issue was a cringe fest, Mary Jane just came off as unsupportive as one can get, eventhough I think Slott was trying to make her sympathetic to Peter, which failed miserably. I mean much more can Slott ruin Mary Jane than he already has. It's despicable.

Also, I believe his job at the bugle will be writing the science column

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@animehunter:

Slott just took MJ back to her very first appearances under Stan Lee and John Romita Sr when she was just a ditzy party girl. Next thing you know she'll have no thought balloons again.

Is the black guy Hobie? And where's Jameson?

This is a good step, in the sense that finally all of Peter's closest supports are in one book together, but man, where they badly utilized, especially MJ. Flash and Harry were good enough though.

Overall

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@animehunter:

Slott just took MJ back to her very first appearances under Stan Lee and John Romita Sr when she was just a ditzy party girl. Next thing you know she'll have no thought balloons again.

Is the black guy Hobie? And where's Jameson?

This is a good step, in the sense that finally all of Peter's closest supports are in one book together, but man, where they badly utilized, especially MJ. Flash and Harry were good enough though.

Overall

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No, I pretty sure that that's Randy Robertson

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Ah, right, forgot he existed. Though I did see Robbie in the background.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter This is why you should always be careful what you ask for...we want MJ interacting more with Peter's supporting cast, we get that, but, yep, it's the same status quo we've had before where there's tension and MJ hiding behind a persona she learned to put aside out of love for Peter.

There's the hope now that she's back in the book there will be some build-up to Issue 800 involving her somehow, but we're at the mercy of what Slott does to prep that up, and that may have to involve putting up with where he's left them since then.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter This is why you should always be careful what you ask for...we want MJ interacting more with Peter's supporting cast, we get that, but, yep, it's the same status quo we've had before where there's tension and MJ hiding behind a persona she learned to put aside out of love for Peter.

There's the hope now that she's back in the book there will be some build-up to Issue 800 involving her somehow, but we're at the mercy of what Slott does to prep that up, and that may have to involve putting up with where he's left them since then.

There is no hope. If there is a build up to 800, it'll be about MJ just not caring that Peter is with Bobbi and just being glad for him or something.

Peter's supports being all around him again is a treat, if there were no dialogue balloons.

The MJ from that page, saying "Petey" reminds me of her very first appearances with Stan Lee and John Romita. That's how far she's been taken back.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

Just finished Issue Twelve of Renew Your Vows. Woo boy, it packed a lot into it..don't think it was quite as satisfactory a conclusion as I'd have liked to have seen, but for a finale to the Conway/Stegman era, it was servicable

In a twist, it's revealed it's Mss. January, not Normie, who is controlling the Mech Goblin. Normie had a change of heart off-panel and got into an argument with January, which led to him being knocked unconscious. I presume it was January that gave the order to wipe out the board of directors in the previous issue as Normie says to MJ and Liz he did not want to commit any more bad deeds, but I guess it's ambiguous enough.

Peter and the X-Men battle the Mech Goblin but they are easily overpowered by the machine, which absorbs their powers. Peter tries to siphon the power with his own Regent tech, but he winds up being completly drained of his own abilities. MJ saves him, but the symbiote is caught in the line of fire and disintegrated, leaving MJ intact, but powerless, and the two smash into the window of a nearby building.

Normie and Annie team up and Annie journeys inside the Mech Goblin to take out it's energy core and they manage to bring it down. Normie and Annie patch things up and embrace, with Normie giving Peter an orb that contains all of his and the X-Men's stolen powers. MJ webs up her face to conceal her identity after losing the symbiote.

Flash forward to eight years later, and Peter and MJ give Annie her new outfit for her birthday

I'm glad you wnkoyed it man.

I have yet to read. Hopefully I'll get my comics this week provided if they are shipped on time.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31370  Edited By animehunter

Here are the pages from Defenders #6 where Black Cat is involved - https://imgur.com/a/CkMgW

I think this (Edit)might be the start for Black Cat to make another change in her status quo

EDIT: what I'm really afraid of is she might get worse. But I am hoping seeing the Defender coming to help her will trigger something in her for her to join them or at least see that the path she's on isn't the the right one for her.

-

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31371  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

There is no hope. If there is a build up to 800, it'll be about MJ just not caring that Peter is with Bobbi and just being glad for him or something.

Peter's supports being all around him again is a treat, if there were no dialogue balloons.

The MJ from that page, saying "Petey" reminds me of her very first appearances with Stan Lee and John Romita. That's how far she's been taken back.

You're welcome to be a pessimist as usual, but I for one would like to think Chip's claims that Slott wants Peter and MJ to interact more will lead to something meaningful.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31372  Edited By ursaber

@zariusii: Pessimist, realist, whatever, think and hope what you will. How many times has Slott delivered in regards to Peter and MJ. The last thing Slott did with MJ is write her off the book and now she's in Iron Man. Whatever hope or tease they try to present will not deliver and fall flat. That's basic Slott as you well know. He starts off decent then drops halfway through and splatters by the end of it. If something good does end up happening (despite the very small chance for that) then bravo but it's more likely he'll do something to piss us off. Remember Power Play.

Edit: And you're basing all of that on Chip's claims of Slott's desires, CHIP who is a far worse writer than Slott with worse humor.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Not sure if she will turn over a new leaf yet...

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous said:

@animehunter: Not sure if she will turn over a new leaf yet...

You might be right, what I'm really afraid of is she might get worse. But I am hoping seeing the Defender coming to help her will trigger something in her for her to join them or at least see that the path she's on isn't the the right one for her.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh, today wasn’t a great day. RYV was a bit underwhelming and anti-climactic (seriously, Peter and the X-Men just getting punked like that but Annie doesn’t?) and ASM was horrible (pathetic, useless Peter, mean-spirited Bobbi, useless “friends”, unsubtle teasing of Peter becoming a science writer, and people undeservedly hating on Peter).

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31376  Edited By animehunter
    @blackspidey2099 said:

Ehh, today wasn’t a great day. RYV was a bit underwhelming and anti-climactic (seriously, Peter and the X-Men just getting punked like that but Annie doesn’t?) and ASM was horrible (pathetic, useless Peter, mean-spirited Bobbi, useless “friends”, unsubtle teasing of Peter becoming a science writer, and people undeservedly hating on Peter).

You're not wrong, while RYV was still heaps better than ASM, it was a bit of a let down compared with issue #11, From the looks of it, it was really rush for both the art and the writing. Definitely not at his best.

and ASM every page was a cringe and what hurt the most was to see Mary Jane the one who always supported him acting in such an unsupportive and unsympathetic manner, all so that Bobbi can be shown in a more supportive light near the end of the issue. It was not only disrespectful to Mary Jane but despicable as well. Just when I thought Slott couldn't do any more damage to her he goes and does this. Shameful utterly shameful. I would have used something more descriptive of how I really felt, but that would be going too far here.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to comment since two days ago but my internet connection hasn't been nice to me. T-T
    Aw well, since I have some spare time now, might as well say what I typed earlier and new thoughts.

So, books:

Being honest I thought today's RYV was weak. A kinda meh conclusion to an arc that started strong and to the whole first year. Wouldn't say it was 'bad', but...

Once again Peter gets taken out and someone else shines. *sigh* The time-skip was a bit sudden (and I still do not see the need to it , but ah well). Normie stuff happening off-screen, desnecessary last minute antagonist with no build-up. Normie could've easily been defeated and turned good instead of a woman that most readers probably don't know the name or care about taking over.
    Why were the X-men there again? lol They weren't at all relevant and could've been replaced by any other team since all they did was get taken out anyway.
    I wish that all 3 protagonists teamed up and took the Mecha Goblin down, maybe a team effort, Peter attacks/stuns it with tech, MJ distracts it and Annie destroys it from the inside like she did. Also feel like the whole issue was rushed, pacing continues to be a problem in the book. The time-skip could also have waited to the next issue, and I thought there would be some in-universe reason for the time skip but no... Lol Suddenly, 8 years later. Okay?

On more positive notes, Art was alright. I felt like the last page it looked a bit weird however, especially Annie's face in the last panel (Poor Annie always gets draw weirdly here and there, even as a teen LOL). Ahem anyways, I'll take any of the fill-ins we've had for Stegman over Stockman lol. Annie and Normie interaction was also cool and reminded me of Spider-Girl, tho I feel his turn for the good was a bit too fast.

I didn't dislike the issue but I'm not 'satisfied' by it either, I think this may be my least favorite issue from the series, and the weakest Stegman issue. I hope the next team does a great job at the book, and hopefully fix problems like pacing, nearly irrelevant Peter, etc. Overall it was a good first year, not flawless but still very good.

-

Not much to say about ASM, I also read v4 32 which I hadn't had the chance tho and I think it's an interesting path for Norman and I'd be surprised if Slott doesn't tie-in the magic/totem stuff with Spidey's mystical side. It only makes sense that his biggest enemy would have magic involved as well, especially with all that web of life, fate and stuff... Wouldn't make sense for his biggest enemy to simply be a random human. Legacy issue was... Eeeh. Peter will probably take the science thingy from the bugle, so keeping his character related to science which is cool and I appreciate, but nothing mindblowing. Mockingbird was a byeetch at first for like no reason but at least she was cool later. It was nice seeing the old supporting cast. And of course, Immonen's art is awesome, I really really like how he draws Peter. I hope he stays at the book for a good time at the very least I can enjoy the eye candy LOL.

I also read issue 8 of Scarlet Spider, which IMO continues to be great. I wish Bagley stayed at the book tho...

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Yeah, ASM was an utter cringefest. MJ, and pretty much all of Peter’s friends were laughing about him, and Peter was so pathetic that he spent weeks just moving around on Bobbi’s couch instead of doing something productive (like inventing something that he could sell to another company, if not make a new company himself). Not to mention how irresponsible he’s being by dodging Harry’s calls. The last couple pages with Mockingbird and Spidey were okay IMO, but the rest of the issue was complete crap.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31379  Edited By ZariusII
    amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Interesting, but I wonder if other writers will acknowledge this. Seems a 'little' weird even for comics, I mean... off-screen Secret Wars timeskip alone we've got 16 months. So everything we saw on comics that happened post-CW so far was only 8 months? lol

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy It also means everything from BND through to Dying Wish occurred in the same year, keep in mind it was said Ock possessed Peter for a year in-universe during Spider-Verse

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like the fact Hammerhand sticks by his employer lot of loyalty shown by this hired gun. Anyway Peter is struggling to pay the bills again...yay?!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31383  Edited By animehunter
    @mizerous said:

I do like the fact Hammerhand sticks by his employer lot of loyalty shown by this hired gun. Anyway Peter is struggling to pay the bills again...yay?!

I think you meant Hammerhead

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous said:

I think you meant Hammerhead

Nah I called him that for fun look at his hands they are huge! :P

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31386  Edited By ZariusII

I hope the newspaper strip's current storyline starts to wrap up soon...it's been going on all year.

We still need to know:

-If Tyranus will keep his word and not attack the surface world

-Whether or not Aunt May is alright after they teased her heart giving out shortly after Tyranus captured Mole Man

-Whether or not the fountain of youth will play any part in May's recovery

-When Mary Jane and Aunt Anna will return from Denver and reunite with Peter and May (they couldn't make the wedding because of an overnight storm) so MJ and Peter can carry on and complete the promotional tour. I'm presuming Anna will take May back home with her.

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

In Runaways today, it's been revealed that only two years have passed since the original Civil War

Is that possible? ASM skipped 8 months between v3 18 to Secret Wars beginning, and another 8 months from Secret Wars end to ASM v4 1. That's 16 months. If, as you say, Superior was a year (let's give Marvel the benefit of the doubt and say they were just rounding up, so a minimum of 6 months) - that means all of ASM 546-700, v3 1-18, and v4 1-32 happened in a maximum of 2 months! LOL wtf Marvel...

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blacksuit

@blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye

@eto

@mizerous

Yeah, This Was A Really Good Issue. Really Loved How They Give Peter More Of An Opportunity And Screentime To Handle This Kind O Situation. I Also Really Like How Even Though He Actually Did Try To HJelp Stop This Giant Mechanized Goblin Robot His Wie MJ Had Even Less Opportunity To Stop It Making Her Not Get In The Way Of His Moment This Time. I Like MJ Being A Hero And All And Actually Take Matters Into Her Own Hands, But, I Really Don't Want Her To Stand Up More Than What Peter Was Going To Do. I Also Really Love How Annie Had More Of An Opportunity To Handle The Bot By Herself Just Like How An Insect Would. It's Actually More Nice To See The Child Have Its Moment Than The Mother While Peter Doesn't Get Sidelined. I Also found It Really Od And Surprising That Ms. January Was The One Piloting The Goblin Bot. And That She Was Somehow Tied To Harry. It's Something Like That That Would Later Peak My Interest During The Time Skip. However, My Biggest Problem With This Issue Was That I Kind Expected The Big Epic Battle Between Spider-Man And The X-Men To Be A Bit Longer. Not Only That. But, I Kind Expected Every Other Heroes To Show Up Like The Avengers As Well As Possibly The fantastic four. It Really Would've Been Great To See Every Hero Sticking By Peter for Once Since, Lets face It Here, Most Of The Other Heroes Kinda Treat Him Like Dirt At Times. And I Really Don't Think It's Mostly Based On His Jokes. I Mean, Seeing Them All Side By Side With And for Him Would've Actually Really Been Great To See. But, We Instead Get A few Members Of The X-Men Including Bobby Which Would've Made It So Much Better If They Actually Included Firestar There. But, It Was A Nice Little Battle Between Them No Matter How Short It Has Been. But, Yeah. Overall, This Was A Pretty Good Issue. It REALLY Should've Been A Whole Lot Longer. But, I Liked It Nonetheless. This Was A Really Good final Issue With Stegman And The Original Team. I Really Congratulate On Their Hard Work And Effort Into This Series And I Really Hope That Jody Houser Doesn't Disappoint Us. Overall, I Give This Issue An 8.5/10. I Really With It Could've Been Alot Longer In Terms Of Story And I Really Wish That The Rest Of The Other Heroes Showed Up To Assist Peter. But, Hey. This Was Honestly A Really Good in al Issue from Stegman And The Team, And I REALLY Hope That Jody Houser Doesn't Really Disappoint.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @animehunter: Yeah.........I REALLY Did Not Like How Slott Portrayed MJ In This As Well As His Other Supporting Casts. Like, Really. I Was Concerned That Peter Would Constantly Get Mistreated Ater What He Did With Parker Industries. But, This Was Actually Just As Bad If Not Terrible Than I Thought It Would Be. Like, Really. Everybody Just Seems Less Supportive Of Peter. And Not Only That But, Not Only Is MJ Portrayed As Unsupportive Of Peter. But, She Also Seems To Be A Bit Ditzy or Some Reason. I Get That MJ Is A Party Girl. But, She Was Never A Typical Party Girl Enough To Be Some Sort Of, And I REALLY Hate To Say It Here, A "Vally Girl". And Seeing MJ Like This......Yeah....UGH.. But, Hey, At Least Peter Has Some Moments Where He Doesn't feel So Incredibly Helpless. And Really, Is Mockingbird Suppose To Be Bipolar? I Mean, I Honestly Don 't Know Enough About Her. But, The Way She Actually Treated Peter Since The Beginning Of The Issue Towards The End Just Makes Me Think That Bobbi Could Just Be As Crazy As Michelle I Not More. Especially With How Her Solo Series Portrayed Her from What I've Heard. So, Yeah. I Don't Think I Would Be So Looking Foward To Their Relationship In This Arc.

As or The Depiction O Her By Immonen, Yeah, Like @ursaber Said, She Actually Seems To Be Taken Inspiration from The Lee/Romita Sr. Depiction Of Her. But, I Really Would've Like To See Some Original Depiction from Immonen. To Me, With Her Hair Like That So Down, Slithery, And Somewhat Wet, She Seems To Be Depicted Of How She's Actually Written Here. I Would've Actually Gone With A More Modern Approach Like Ho He Depicted Her In The USM Series As Well As Some Other Depictions Like from Mark Bagley, Todd McFarlane, Todd Nauck, Adam Kubert, Alex Garner, Phil Noto, Mark Brooks, Terry Dodson, Stefano Caselli, Ryan Stegman, David Marquez, Sal Busceme, Leinil Francis Yu, And Of Course Artgerm Portrayed The Character As Well As Other Artists Like Gabrielle Dell Otto, Sara Pichelli, Maguriette Bennet/Sauvage, Alex Busceme, And Amy Reeder Portrayed Her. And I Also Would've Liked To See How She Was Done Compared To His Take On A Character Like Jean Grey Back In The All New X-Men Series by Bendis. Any Depiction Would Actually Be Great or The Character. I Mean, Don't Get Me Wrong. I Really Like How Romita Sr. Depicted MJ In The 60s And Inspired That Take To The 70s. And I Really Thank The Guy for Bringing The Character To Lie. But, That Depiction Of Her Served Her Point. I Just Seems To Me That People Depict Her Like That Way Too Much Tha It Actually Went To The Point Of Her Becoming A Bit More Bulemic And At Times Superficial Taking That Kind Of Take On The Character A Bit Too Much. I Mean, It Actually Would Be Nice To See Her More Naturally Beautiful Than Just Really Gorgeous Enough To Be More Bulemic And Superficial. That's Actually Just My Take On This. Still, MJ Looks fine Her. I Just Think They Actually Justy Depict Her Way Too Much Of How Romita Sr. Depicted Her Since The 60s. A More Natural Take On The Character Would Be Nice. I'm Not Really Shallow Or Anything. I Just Really Don't Like How far Some Artists And Creators Actually Try To Depict Her At Times But, That's Honestly Just My Two Cents On This. Like I Said. I Really Like Immonen's Take On The Character. I Just Don't Really Like How He Did Her Hai. Maybe It's The Colorist. But, That Hair Just Seems Way Too Wet To Me. And That Depiction from Slott Didn't Help Her Support Her Personality.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'POISON X' Brings VENOM to X-MEN: BLUE ANNUAL #1

https://www.newsarama.com/36908-poison-x-brings-venom-to-x-men-blue-annual-1.html

Press Release

In the far reaches of space, the Poisons attack the Marvel Universe – but who exactly are these new enemies, and what destruction are they planning to unleash on Earth? This is just the beginning of Poisons diabolical plot to overthrow the Marvel Universe…and it requires an unexpected team-up! This January, the Children of the Atom will join forces with Eddie Brock for a 6-part crossover that begins in X-MEN BLUE ANNUAL #1!

First seen in VENOMVERSE, the Poisons pose a threat that can only be stopped by the X-Men – and Venom. When the X-Men drag Venom into space for help, it turns out that they’re going to need to save the universe from something a little scarier than their own troubles, and Eddie Brock and his faithful Symbiote might be the only thing that can help stop it!

Don’t miss the crossover everyone will be talking about – POISON X starts this January with X-MEN BLUE ANNUAL #1!

X-MEN BLUE ANNUAL #1

• Written by CULLEN BUNN
    • Art by EDGAR SALZAR
    • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

-

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31392  Edited By Thor-Parker

What do you guys think of "Amazing Spider-Man #789" ??

EDIT: Never mind, I just read your opinions, same as mine.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other thing I just realised, in ASM 789

Peter was not only pathetic in it but also a coward, and is running away from his problems, running away from being Peter Parker, and worst of all, he's using Bobbi as a crutch, as a rebound girlfriend, which usually never ends well and so like every other relationship he's had after Mary Jane, this will fail miserably as well.

-

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter was not only pathetic in it but also a coward, and is running away from his problems, running away from being Peter Parker, and worst of all, he's using Bobbi as a crutch, as a rebound girlfriend, which usually never ends well and so like every other relationship he's had after Mary Jane, this will fail miserably as well.

-

Agreed. Honestly, I feel like Bobbi and Peter have potential, but you just know the relationship will fail - probably before ASM 800, maybe in the next 4 or 5 issues.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @itsaworld, I Really Want To Say Congratulations o Being Part O The Comic Book Youtube Team With Doug Ernst, Captain rugal, I Love Comics, Just Some Guy, And All O The Other Anti-SJW Comic Reviewers And Groups And Congrats On Getting So Much Attention And Shout Outs from Your friends, Subscribers, And Groups. Really Hope To See More O Your Videos And I REALLY Cannot Wait How ar You'll Actually Reach Them. But, or Now, I'm Just Gonna Put This Video On Since You And rugal Actually Showed Me A Bit About This Guy And Why More People In The Industry ESPECIALLY Marvel Should Be More Like Mr. Ethan Van Sciver:

Loading Video...

@animehunter

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82, @bjparks, @the_waffle

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

-

Agreed. Honestly, I feel like Bobbi and Peter have potential, but you just know the relationship will fail - probably before ASM 800, maybe in the next 4 or 5 issues.

Hopefully That's When Slott finally Leaves The Series. Because, Really. I REALLY Don't Know How Long They'll Actually Take Much Moe O This With The Character Since Slot And Zdarsky Are Moe Likely Destroying The Character Than Trying To Help Improve Him. I REALLY Hope That They Actually Do Get Rid O Him Because They Really Aren't Doing Anything To Help The Industry That Much At All. And I Really Hope That They Do Looking At How Their Statuses Are.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @itsaworld, I Really Want To Say Congratulations o Being Part O The Comic Book Youtube Team With Doug Ernst, Captain rugal, I Love Comics, Just Some Guy, And All O The Other Anti-SJW Comic Reviewers And Groups And Congrats On Getting So Much Attention And Shout Outs from Your friends, Subscribers, And Groups. Really Hope To See More O Your Videos And I REALLY Cannot Wait How ar You'll Actually Reach Them. But, or Now, I'm Just Gonna Put This Video On Since You And rugal Actually Showed Me A Bit About This Guy And Why More People In The Industry ESPECIALLY Marvel Should Be More Like Mr. Ethan Van Sciver:

Loading Video...

@animehunter

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82, @bjparks, @the_waffle

Thank you! I saw you in the chat!!!! It was a blast!

Ethan Van Skyver is phenomenal and is doing the art for Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan. Fantastic guy who also has his own youtube channel where he does videos on drawing. He puts me to shame and i love it!!!

This is a video explaining what had happened on youtube with HUGE detail but respect for others.

Loading Video...

and if you are interested, here's EVS' youtube channel!

Loading Video...

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31398  Edited By MarvelMan92

@marvelman92 said:

Loading Video...

@animehunter

Thank you! I saw you in the chat!!!! It was a blast!

Ethan Van Skyver is phenomenal and is doing the art for Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan. Fantastic guy who also has his own youtube channel where he does videos on drawing. He puts me to shame and i love it!!!

This is a video explaining what had happened on youtube with HUGE detail but respect for others.

Loading Video...

and if you are interested, here's EVS' youtube channel!

Loading Video...

Really, With How Writers And Creators Like Dan Slot, Mark Waid, Nick Spencer, And A Couple O Others Like Some Poses Like Gabby Rivera And Heather Antos And Guys Like Tom Breevort And Axel Alonso, They Are Mostly Just Tainting The Industry And Their Status As A Company. Now, hat Really Isn't To Say That They Really Don't Have Much Writers And Creators Who Do Respect Their ans And Mostly Bring Up Their Works. But, Really, With Guys Like Ethan Van Sciver, We REALLY Need More People Like Him In The Industry. And So ar, Some O The People That Marvel Have That Are Mostly Just ar-Let Especially Towards Everyone Even Their fans, They REALLY Need To Hire Moe People Like Mr. Van Sciver. There Are So Many Creators Even Ones Who Are Liberals Who Could Put In Moe Love, Care, And Understanding Into Their Works Especially o The ans And Readers. I Mean, They Have The Opportunity To Do That And Improve More On Their Company As A Whole. They Could Hire More Creators Like hat Instead O Just ar-Let Novelist Who Have No Experience In Comics Nor The Characters. And I REALLY Hope They Do Actually Do All That Because I Really Can't Take Any More O This Whole Politically Extreme BS. Really Hope To See Some Improvements Soon.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31400  Edited By ZariusII

The Green Lantern artist is a class A+ act, why can't we stumble on creators like that on Twitter more often? I also love that he has an art tutorial video series. Hopefully if @itsaworld ever gets her foot in the door, she can have a similar occupation, taking time in between comics and tutorial sketches/opinions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.