Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zariusii said:

@blackspidey2099 Usually his favourite way of deflecting on-point criticism is to accuse the reader of interpreting it differently than what he had intended on the page.

Which Makes Him Lose All Credibility As Well As Anything To Make Him Take Seriously. Seriously, Dan Slott Has Done More Than Just Accuse People Online. He Also Stalks Them Everywhere They Go As Well As Finding Some Past Statements They Have Actually Made Like About More Than 2 Years Ago, Block Them Then Typed Something Bad About Them, Unblock Them To Debate With Them Then Block Them Again. He Has Also Hacked A Couple Of Accounts Impersonating Them To Cause Some Trouble Which Would've Not Only Gotten Him Fired But, Also Get Himself Arrested Had He Actually Taken Things Too Far. So, Yeah. Dan Slott Is Not Only A Trollish Writer Who Has Also Don e Some Trollish Things. Bu, The Stuff That He Has Done Has Actually Shown To Be More Criminal Compared To What Any Other Writer Would've Done.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@marvelman92: I figured, that´s why I deleted the post, but thanks anyway hehe :)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zariusii said:

@blackspidey2099 Usually his favourite way of deflecting on-point criticism is to accuse the reader of interpreting it differently than what he had intended on the page.

lmao. idk whether to laugh or cry...

Both. Laugh at Slott's deflection attempt, then cry at the current state of Spider Man, actually, Peter Parker, cause he's worse than ever, Mockingbird t-shirt worse. At this point what does she even see in him?

BTW what you think of stillanerd's cool review?

https://bamsmackpow.com/2017/10/14/amazing-spider-man-789-review/

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

I know we kinda talked about not posting more Diversity and Comics videos, but I make the exception for his review of ASM 789. He became enamored or rather, he thought Dan Slott was deserving of being Spider Man's writer but this issue really took him down a notch.

After this, no more D&C vids

Loading Video...

@animehunter@zariusii@itsaworld@marvelman92@blackspidey2099@eto@amazingfantasy@magnetic_eye@strongtower7

Why did we say not to post D&C videos? Also, when did he become enamored of Slott? All the videos I've seen of him are just him criticizing Slott and Zdarsky.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31461  Edited By blackspidey2099  Online
    Unspeakable100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've kinda ignored D&C videos but I'm guessing some folks here are fans of those videos. And I'm really wondering why?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31463  Edited By ZariusII

@blackspidey2099 I'm not ok with D&C because he doesn't like Renew Your Vows and he believed Peter and MJ were going to divorce in that book based off his interpretation of the issues he read.

@unspeakable100 I prefer reviewers like Doug Ernst and Captain Frugal, D&C really is'nt a role model because he has views that could be construed as being shared by the alt right movement.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@blackspidey2099 I'm not ok with D&C because he doesn't like Renew Your Vows and he believed Peter and MJ were going to divorce in that book based off his interpretation of the issues he read.

@unspeakable100 I prefer reviewers like Doug Ernst and Captain Frugal, D&C really is'nt a role model because he has views that could be construed as being shared by the alt right movement.

Ahh, okay, LOL.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

I know we kinda talked about not posting more Diversity and Comics videos, but I make the exception for his review of ASM 789. He became enamored or rather, he thought Dan Slott was deserving of being Spider Man's writer but this issue really took him down a notch.

After this, no more D&C vids

Loading Video...

@animehunter@zariusii@itsaworld@marvelman92@blackspidey2099@eto@amazingfantasy@magnetic_eye@strongtower7

Wait, I Thought Diversity & Comics Hates Slott On Spider-Man. But, Yeah. This Issue Would Really Break Any Fans Of The Character. It's Pretty Clear To Me That Guys Like Slott And Zdarsky Has Actually Made The Character Feel More Toxic. It Might Be Toxic Enough To Start Lowering In Their Sales If They Actually Do Keep This Up As Well As Pulling Some Sick Stuff On Their Fans And Readers. So, Hopefully When One Or Two New Writers Show Up To Fix And Improve On The Character, We'd Actually See The Character Return To His Former Glory. Hopefully, They'll Be Able To Do That Because I Really Don't Know How Much These Two Could Actually Keep Up. Slott Seems To Want To Destroy The Character And His Fanbase Which Would Hurt The Company's Status If They Actually Continue To Let Him On. And Zdarsky Just Seems So Bored At This Point. Hopefully, These Guys Would Actually Leave The Series For Some Others Who Are Not Only Better, But Also Loves And Understand The Character And His Mythos As Much As The Fans Do. Hopefully, We'll See That. Hopefully, They'll Announce Something Soon. Anyone Know Any Cons Coming Up For Moe News?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did we say not to post D&C videos? Also, when did he become enamored of Slott? All the videos I've seen of him are just him criticizing Slott and Zdarsky.

Something about trashing RYV in a really unfair way. His points really made no sense if you analyze correctly, especially his criticism that Annie is like Riri, which she's not. His MJ as a hero criticism has a little more merit but at the same time, trashy.

Loading Video...

He became enamored with Slott after reviewing his latest issues from ASM 27 when Spidey was attacking Symkaria, etc. He then even made a video about Slott and how he should be promoted.

Loading Video...

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, this movie looks so awesome! I wouldn't say his suits are better than Iron Man's though (they look cooler but Iron Man armor is more powerful, and Spider-Armor is more powerful too)...

I like them much better. Black Panther looks wickedly cool, easily the coolest looking Marvel Studios character. The MCU Iron Spider armor is still untested and we've only just seen it but not in action and since the MCU version of this suit doesn't appear to have the added spider arms and iron tech armaments, I'm writing it off as weaker until we see Infinity War. Iron Man's armors have been getting weaker as of late and are especially vulnerable to vibranium like Cap's shield whereas Panther has an entire suit made of vibranium mesh in the movie with a repertoire of vibranium tech gadgets as the trailers for the movie show. This is MCU talk, not comic talk. Iron Man comic armor is infinitely stronger.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

Yes, this movie looks so awesome! I wouldn't say his suits are better than Iron Man's though (they look cooler but Iron Man armor is more powerful, and Spider-Armor is more powerful too)...

I like them much better. Black Panther looks wickedly cool, easily the coolest looking Marvel Studios character. The MCU Iron Spider armor is still untested and we've only just seen it but not in action and since the MCU version of this suit doesn't appear to have the added spider arms and iron tech armaments, I'm writing it off as weaker until we see Infinity War. Iron Man's armors have been getting weaker as of late and are especially vulnerable to vibranium like Cap's shield whereas Panther has an entire suit made of vibranium mesh in the movie with a repertoire of vibranium tech gadgets as the trailers for the movie show. This is MCU talk, not comic talk. Iron Man comic armor is infinitely stronger.

Oh, yeah Black Panther's MCU armor is definitely way better than MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Spider. I was talking about the comics where some of Iron Man's armors (like Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Superior, etc.) and Spider-Man's armors (like Spider-Armor Mark III and IV, Superior Mark III) are more advanced.

And yeah, I think Panther looks to be the coolest MCU character so far if the movies live up to the 2 trailers we have. Unfortunately Homecoming Spidey isn't even near the top of that list.. :(

I'll probably watch those D&C videos to see what he said, but tbh ASM 27 was really good IMO, so I can see why he liked it.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

Oh, yeah Black Panther's MCU armor is definitely way better than MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Spider. I was talking about the comics where some of Iron Man's armors (like Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Superior, etc.) and Spider-Man's armors (like Spider-Armor Mark III and IV, Superior Mark III) are more advanced.

And yeah, I think Panther looks to be the coolest MCU character so far if the movies live up to the 2 trailers we have. Unfortunately Homecoming Spidey isn't even near the top of that list.. :(

I'll probably watch those D&C videos to see what he said, but tbh ASM 27 was really good IMO, so I can see why he liked it.

But in the comics, Black Panther is also supremely formidable and his Panther suit is also highly advanced as well. Still Iron Man in the comics, and especially his latest Model Prime Armor is still better in my opinion. Panther in the comics however is still better than Iron Spider. Iron Spider hasn't really been used outside the original Civil War and that cringeworthy MJ appearance in Power Play, so its definitely inferior to current Black Panther suit in the comics.

Homecoming was good but not great. Holland and Keaton were great but the film tried to do a lot of things too differently and that Michelle MJ non Mary Jane stuff was abysmal. Plus no actual funny jokes (more like funny scenarios), no spider sense, too techy and none of it is Peter's own design, and not good action scenes or fights. Still the ASM 33 part was great.

ASM 27, when Peter goes to invade Symkaria with his spider themed toy collection, no! The only cool thing about the Osborn arc was the final fight with Osborn, the fist fight but that's it.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31475  Edited By ZariusII
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

But in the comics, Black Panther is also supremely formidable and his Panther suit is also highly advanced as well. Still Iron Man in the comics, and especially his latest Model Prime Armor is still better in my opinion. Panther in the comics however is still better than Iron Spider. Iron Spider hasn't really been used outside the original Civil War and that cringeworthy MJ appearance in Power Play, so its definitely inferior to current Black Panther suit in the comics.

Homecoming was good but not great. Holland and Keaton were great but the film tried to do a lot of things too differently and that Michelle MJ non Mary Jane stuff was abysmal. Plus no actual funny jokes (more like funny scenarios), no spider sense, too techy and none of it is Peter's own design, and not good action scenes or fights. Still the ASM 33 part was great.

ASM 27, when Peter goes to invade Symkaria with his spider themed toy collection, no! The only cool thing about the Osborn arc was the final fight with Osborn, the fist fight but that's it.

No, Iron Man's Model Prime armor is kinda weak, LOL. Superior Iron Man and Bleeding Edge are way better. I think Extremis is also more advancd than Black Panther suit.

BTW, I wasn't talking about Iron Spider. That's pretty weak overall. I was talking about Spider-Armor Mark IV (the recent armor Spidey wore) and Spider-Armor Mark III (the one from Ends of the Earth) which are more advanced than Black Panther's current suit.

Homecoming was lame. I liked Holland a lot, but I agreed with evrything you said was bad plus the fact that they completely ruined Peter's independence and original indepencednce from the comics.. It was a horrible Spider-Man and Peter IMO. But Civil War was really good so hopefully he is good in Avengers 3 and 4.

ASM 27 was awesome and fun! Peter was a badass in that. Conquering countries like a boss. ASM 28, which had the final fight with Osborn was so bad though since Slott forgot that Peter's armor has a gas mask and is EMP proof. And he also forgot Peter has Way of the Spider skills which he can use to easily defeat Osborn. Complete BS.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Seems To Be Good So Far. I Mean, Everything From Avengers, X-Men, Cap, Guardians, Inhumans, Doctor Strange, Thanos, Thor, Daredevil, Punisher, Defenders, And Other Cosmic Related Stuff. Deadpool Seems To Be Great As Well. I'm Also Lookin Forward To Some Of The Spider-Man Related Series. RYV Seems To Be Really Interesting. So Connors Is Involved In This Latest Arc. I Wonder If We're Still Gonna Have His Son Billy As The Lizard. Hope To See What They Are Gonna Have In Store For Us In This Series.

Spider-Man/Deadpool Seems Fun Enough. Really Surprised That We're Gonna Be Having Two Issues In A Month. Really Like How The Chameleon Is Gonna Be Involved In This Story. Can't Wait To See How That'll Unfold In This Story As Well As The Other Story That'll Effect The Two For July. I REALLY Cannot Wait To See How The Story Would Actually Effect The Two Characters.

For ASM........Yeah.......Seeing The Zodiacs Come Back Especially Still Under Slott Does Not Get Me Excited Considering How He Handled Them Between Peter. I Mean, Really. This Is Honestly One Story That I Won' Be Looking Forward To. Same Goes For PP:SM Under Zdarsky. Things Look To Be Even Worse With How Peter Has Been Portrayed Under Zdarsky. Really Am Not Looking Forward To Either Of The Two Series Especially From Guys Like Them.

For The Venom Series, Now I've Checked Mike Costa's Works Featuring Spider-Man Since He's Gonna Be Appearing In The Story. And So Far, The Guy Has Done A Pretty Good Job With The Character If You Read Avengers Millenium. And If You Actually Ignore His Bit With The Online Thing In His First Venom Arc With Lee Price, The Guy Can Do A Pretty Good Job With The Character. So, I Hope That The Guy Does Well On Him In The Latest Venom Arc.

So, Yeah. There Are Some Pretty Good And Great Stuff There. I'm Also Looking Forward To Some Of The Spidey Related Stuff With The Exception Of ASM And PP:SM. So, Yeah. Pretty Grea Stuff There And I Really Hope To Look Forward To Them All.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31480  Edited By animehunter

From the looks of the main covers Black Cat appears to have some changes coming to her. Because in Defenders she's with a group of heroes/anti-heroes and the solicits says "there will be new Defenders…" and in Venom #160 we see her fighting along side Spider-Man, which is sure to be a rather awkward reunion and I just hope not a deadly one.

Covers of Note

January 2018 Titles

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #15

JODY HOUSER (W), NICK ROCHE (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

EIGHT YEARS LATER Part 3

• The Annual Parker Family Fun Day has been a super hero disaster!

• But what the Spider-Family thought was a surprise attack on civilians by the Lizard…

• …is turning out to be a far more Sinister scheme than imaginable!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #794

DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

AVENGERS VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK

THREAT LEVEL RED Part 1

• NEARLY ONE YEAR AGO Spider-Man hurled the dangerous madman called Zodiac a full year into the future.

• IN THIS ISSUE Spidey catches up to him, and Zodiac’s had a whole year to prepare for their rematch!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #299

CHIP ZDARSKY (w) • ADAM KUBERT (a)

COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN

Most Wanted Part 3

• Tinkerer enlists the aid of his augmented allies to squash Spider-Man once and for all!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #26

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • SCOTT HEPBURN (A/C)

SPIDER-MAN VERSUS DEADPOOL Part 4

• Peter Parker and Wade Wilson are in their eighties and live in the same nursing home. Wait, WHAT?!

• The madness of this book gets a brief interlude in the form of a story from the future! But this is not a throwaway issue!

• This issue is the first prelude to the biggest Spider-Man and Deadpool story of all time that will come to fruition in JULY OF 2018! DO NOT MISS IT!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #27

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)

AREA 14 Part 1

• The Chameleon has gained access to a secret ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, which is a sentence Peter Parker hoped would never be written.

• Wade Wilson? Completely ignorant of just how bad the situation is.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #596 (Mary Jane)

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STEFANO CASELLI & ALEX MALEEV (A)

COVER BY MIKE DEODATO

Avengers Variant Cover by CHRIS STEVENS

THE SEARCH FOR TONY STARK Part 4

• Doom is trapped in a hell of his own making, Riri makes a huge choice for the future and the mystery of Tony Stark begins to reveal itself – and it’s a shocker! Who is behind Iron Man’s amazing resurrection, and is this the Tony we all know and love?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DEFENDERS #9 (Black Cat on the cover)

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)

KINGPINS OF NEW YORK Part 4

• Harlem burns as the Defenders push back against the bloodiest gang war in Marvel history.

• Some will rise, some will fall and there will be new Defenders…

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

VENOM #160 (Black Cat on the cover)

MIKE COSTA (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A/C)

Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

Avengers Variant Cover by INHYUK LEE

VENOM INC. Part 5

• Spider-Man and Venom continue their uneasy alliance as they work to stop Maniac from taking over New York’s criminal underworld!

• It’s outright mayhem as the heroes mount a counteroffensive and take the fight to Maniac! But with an unleashed symbiote and an army at his command, will it be enough?!

• (Hint: Probably not, True Believer!)

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: VENOM INC. OMEGA #1 (Black Cat on the cover)

DAN SLOTT & MIKE COSTA (W) • RYAN STEGMAN & GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

Variant Cover by Gabriele DELL’OTTO

VENOM INC. Part 6

• The symbiotic super villain called Maniac has seized control of all of New York’s major crime families, and he’s now got his sights set on the entire city!

• To make matters worse, he’s also got a cadre of super villains under his symbiotic spell, and Spider-Man, Venom and their allies are the only things standing in their way!

• The final chapter of VENOM INC!

48 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #13

PETER DAVID (W), WILL SLINEY (A)

Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH

THE SLINGERS RETURN Part 4

• After learning where the Hornet’s true allegiances lie, the Slingers switch sides and team up with the Scarlet Spider to take him down!

• But will their combined might be enough to stop him?

• PLUS: Ben’s secret identity may be compromised by one of his most trusted allies in Vegas, and it sure ain’t making his life any easier!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #16 (Spider-Gwen)

MARK WAID (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)

CHAMPION FOR A DAY Part 1

Following their staggering loss in their adventure with the Avengers, the Champions decide to double down on their mission to make the world a better place – but they know now they can’t do it alone! That’s right – it’s time for a membership drive!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-GWEN #28

JASON LATOUR (W)

ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (A/C)

GWENOM Part 4

• Every road in Earth-65 leads to Matt Murdock.

• Gwen takes the fight to the man who’s orchestrated so much of her problems.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN #236

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)

Cover by PATRICK BROWN

SINISTER SIX REBORN ParT 3

• The Bombshells are back together?!

• Lana has been through so much and has grown into a hero, but with her mom back in the equation, things look bad for her.

• Know who they look even worse for? MILES MORALES, SPIDER-MAN! And with Electro in the mix as well…?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

X-MEN BLUE ANNUAL #1 (Venom)

CULLEN BUNN (W) • EDGAR SALAZAR (A)

• Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    • Variant Cover by Pasqual Ferry
    • Venomized Variant Cover by TBA
    • Poison X Variant Cover by TBA

THE CROSSOVER BETWEEN VENOM AND X-MEN BLUE STARTS HERE!

Spinning out of the events of Venomverse, the Children of the Atom and the Lethal Protector team up to take down an extradimensional threat! This is it, folks, the team-up you’ve been asking for: X-MEN BLUE and VENOM must band together in the cold reaches of space to protect our universe from a threat more diabolical than you can imagine. But will EDDIE BROCK, his faithful SYMBIOTE, MARVEL GIRL, CYCLOPS, ICEMAN, BEAST and ANGEL be enough to save this universe? I really, really hope so.

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVABLE #24

CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A)

LOST IN THE PLOT PART 1

• Gwen’s got a new bag of woes she’s battling and it looks like time is not on her side…

• But when life’s got you down you can always turn to your friends!

• Especially one who plans on robbing one of Manhattan’s high-class casinos!

• Gwenpool and Batroc--back together at last!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #675

MARK WAID, AL EWING & JIM ZUB (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)

• OCT170809 WRAPAROUND COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    • OCT170810 TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • OCT170811 CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (1 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    • OCT170812 VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    • OCT170813 SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    • OCT170814 AVENGERS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    • OCT170815 YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    • OCT170807 PARTY VARIANT VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUÑA
    • OCT170808 SKETCH PARTY VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUÑA

NO SURRENDER Part 1

AVENGERS goes WEEKLY for the stunning sixteen-part saga that will write the end of an era!

The Earth has been STOLEN! The sky burns while mysterious cosmic objects crash down from above, wreaking havoc across the world! The Avengers are the last line of defense between Earth and the mysterious forces threatening to tear it apart. It’s time to ASSEMBLE! The teams you know and love from AVENGERS, UNCANNY AVENGERS, U.S.AVENGERS and OCCUPY AVENGERS come together to face a threat beyond any they’ve faced before in a weekly epic adventure that will define the future of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

AVENGERS #676

• Cover by MARK BROOKS
    • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (2 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    • Avengers Variant Cover by ALAN DAVIS

NO SURRENDER Part 2

NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!

The Black Order. The Lethal Legion. Two teams of powerful villains bent on destroying each other have arrived on Earth, and they don’t care who gets caught in the crossfire. But who’s pulling their strings? And what is the secret of the lost Avenger?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #677

• Cover by MARK BROOKS
    • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (3 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    • Avengers Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC

NO SURRENDER Part 3

NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!

Quicksilver flamed out of the Avengers, leaving devastation in his wake. But now that it’s all hands on deck, is this his chance at redemption? Or will his hunger to prove himself be his downfall?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #678

• Cover by MARK BROOKS
    • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER (4 OF 4) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    • Avengers Variant Cover by Mike Del Mundo

NO SURRENDER Part 4

NOW ON SALE WEEKLY!

The Avengers are caught in a game of cosmic proportions, but they don’t know the rules – and one of them is about to pay the ultimate price! THE FIRST AVENGER FALLS!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA #697 (Kraven The Hunter)

MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)

Avengers Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

HOME OF THE BRAVE PART Part 3

Kraven the Hunter has a new target – and it’s Steve Rogers! Trapped in unfamiliar territory, stripped of his shield and on the run, Cap must find a way to evade Kraven long enough to save an innocent life – but this time, that might be impossible! And just wait until you see the final page…

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

January 2018 Trades

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WORLDWIDE VOL. 7 TPB

Written by DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE

Penciled by STUART IMMONEN & GREG SMALLWOOD

Cover by ALEX ROSS

What will SECRET EMPIRE mean for the Amazing Spider-Man? The return of Otto Octavius! But this isn’t the Doc Ock of old. As the Superior Octopus, he’s allied himself with Steve Rogers and Hydra, and he has a personal mission: to take down Parker Industries, the company he helped create! Peter must use the full force of his company, and every asset at his disposal, to stop Ock and Hydra — but will it be enough? Then, as New York recovers from SECRET EMPIRE, a new phase in Spider-Man’s life begins. But when that bad ol’ Parker luck rears its head, can Mockingbird help put a smile back on Peter’s face? Spider-Man is renewed and ready to fight another day, but why is he taking that fight to…the Daily Bugle?! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2015) #29-32 and #789-791.

160 PGS./Rated T …$19.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-90294-0

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TEAM-UP VOL. 3 HC

Written by LEN WEIN & GERRY CONWAY

Penciled by ROSS ANDRU & JIM MOONEY with GIL KANE

Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.

With his popularity skyrocketing, Spider-Man became comicdom’s top seller — and fans wanted more, more, more! MARVEL TEAM-UP provided a second monthly dose of Spidey action with the added bonus of a new heroic guest star every issue. When even that wasn’t enough, Marvel launched GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN, featuring double-sized extravaganzas! And lucky you, they’re both being collected here! The action includes adventures with Daredevil, Shang-Chi and the Falcon; horrific tales featuring Dracula and Brother Voodoo; and Spidey vs. the Hulk! And while Spider-Man takes the stage in GIANT-SIZE, the Human Torch teams up with Thor, Iron Man and the X-Men! It’s all brought to you by some of the greatest writers and artists Spidey has ever known! Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #23-30 and GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN #1-3.

272 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

ISBN: 978-1-302-90970-3

VENOM VOL. 3: LETHAL PROTECTOR — BLOOD IN THE WATER TPB

Written by MIKE COSTA

Penciled by PAULO SIQUEIRA & MARK BAGLEY

Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Something sinister is lingering in the darkest depths of New York, and no one is safe! Even the monsters know fear when the world’s deadliest hunter, Kraven, makes them his prey. Their only hope is Venom, a lethal protector who can turn the hunter…into the hunted. But with Kraven armed to the teeth and hungry for blood, can Venom hold him off long enough to protect the dinosaur community living beneath the streets of Manhattan? Or will the vengeful, relentless and unkillable Kraven find himself a heartbeat away from adding a new trophy to his collection: the head of Eddie Brock?! Plus: You’ve seen things from Eddie Brock’s perspective, now see how they look from the other side in a tale told from the point of view of the Venom symbiote! Collecting VENOM (2016) #154-158.

112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-90604-7

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER VOL. 2 — DEATH’S STING TPB

Written by PETER DAVID

Penciled by WILL SLINEY

Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Out of the ashes of THE CLONE CONSPIRACY, Ben Reilly is alive once more — and he’s retaken the mantle of the Scarlet Spider! But with enemies bearing down on him from every side, neither of those status quos might last too much longer! Ben is running out of options and running out of time! And it doesn’t help that one of the people out for his blood is his spider-powered, web-slinging “sibling” — Ben’s fellow clone, Kaine! Can Ben run this latest gauntlet and emerge victorious, or will he lose his new lease on life? And when a mysterious new Hornet flies into Vegas, who’s pulling his strings — and what’s their connection to the Scarlet Spider? Collecting BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #6-9 AND SLINGERS (1998) #0.

112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99

ISBN: 978-0-7851-9459-0

CARNAGE OMNIBUS HC

Written by PETER MILLIGAN, ZEB WELLS, CHRIS YOST, CULLEN BUNN, KEVIN SHINICK, RICK SPEARS, GERRY DUGGAN & GERRY CONWAY

Penciled by CLAYTON CRAIN, LAN MEDINA, REILLY BROWN, KHOI PHAM, DECLAN SHALVEY, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, DAN MEXIA, KIM JACINTO, MIKE HENDERSON, SALVA ESPIN, GERMÁN PERALTA, JOHN TIMMS & MIKE PERKINS

Cover by TBA

ON SALE April 2018

The psychopathic symbiote steals the spotlight! Cletus Kasady takes his killing spree on the road — including bloody showdowns with his “daddy” Venom, his “son” Toxin, and Deadpool! The Avengers attempt to spare the American heartland from Kasady, but who will save the Microverse? How about Scarlet Spider and a new Venom, Flash Thompson? Then, the Wizard makes Carnage superior, and Axis makes him…a hero?! And Kasady leads the FBI, Man-Wolf and Eddie Brock on a monstrous chase around the globe...but can they stop him from raising the elder god Chthon? Collecting VENOM VS. CARNAGE #1-4, CARNAGE (2010) #1-5, CARNAGE U.S.A. #1-5, MINIMUM CARNAGE: ALPHA and OMEGA, SCARLET SPIDER (2012) #10-11, VENOM (2011) #26-27, SUPERIOR CARNAGE #1-5 and ANNUAL #1, DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1-4, AXIS: CARNAGE #1-3, NOVA (2013) #26-27, CARNAGE (2015) #1-16 and material from ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT POINT ONE.

1168 PGS./Parental Advisory …$125.00

ISBN:978-1-302-91227-7

Trim size: oversized

AVENGERS & CHAMPIONS: WORLDS COLLIDE TPB

Written by MARK WAID

Penciled by JESUS SAIZ & HUMBERTO RAMOS

Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

The Avengers come face-to-face with the Champions! The countdown for a clash of generations begins when the twisted High Evolutionary sets the Earth on a catastrophic collision course with its opposite number: the unnatural planet Counter-Earth! Can the two teams put their turbulent history aside to meet this threat — or will they be at each other’s throats? And even if they can find a way to work together, can this awesome assemblage of heroes save two entire planets from destruction? There are billions of lives on the line, and it will take every single member of both teams to have any hope of stopping the Evolutionary — so what happens when the death of a hero changes the game? Collecting AVENGERS (2016) #672-674 and CHAMPIONS (2016) #13-15.

144 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-90613-9

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN: IRONHEART VOL. 1 — RIRI WILLIAMS TPB (Mary Jane)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Penciled by STEFANO CASELLI

Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

A new Iron Age begins! From the violent streets of Chicago, an armored hero rises! Clad in her very own Iron Man suit, Riri Williams is ready to show the world what she can do as the self-made hero of tomorrow. Her technology just might change the world forever…if she survives long enough! But is she ready for all the problems that come with stepping into Iron Man’s jet boots? Problems like her first big Marvel villain. And the other guy currently running around as shell-head. And the laundry list Tony Stark left of criminals looking to destroy his legacy. Oh, and all the super-teams out to recruit her! As Riri’s adventures go viral, it’s time to claim an alter ego of her own — welcome to the Marvel Universe, Ironheart! Collecting INVINCIBLE IRON MAN (2016) #1-5.

136 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-90672-6

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31481  Edited By Mizerous

I wouldn't be surprised if this is for helping improve Black Cat character's overall popularity before her movie comes out.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Marvel given Slott another EXTENSION in his contract with ASM? Tom Brevoort once said that Slott's goal was to write 200 issues of ASM until issue #850. I am so tired with all Marvel's motives to single out Peter Parker as a youth oriented character. I want to see Marvel bring in a writer who can bring in new readers to ASM by incorporating characters from the X-Men, Avengers, and Captain Britain in Spider-Man's social circles and rogue galleries.

Ever since Disney bought Marvel, it's all the constant TV/Toy tie-in with the comic series, as well as bringing in writers who do not care about the fan/readers. I feel that Marvel management is comprised of those whose work were rejected by DC Comics. I think that the current management at Marvel are hellbent of making Marvel Comics into Yahoo!.....

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Marvel given Slott another EXTENSION in his contract with ASM? Tom Brevoort once said that Slott's goal was to write 200 issues of ASM until issue #850. I am so tired with all Marvel's motives to single out Peter Parker as a youth oriented character. I want to see Marvel bring in a writer who can bring in new readers to ASM by incorporating characters from the X-Men, Avengers, and Captain Britain in Spider-Man's social circles and rogue galleries.

Ever since Disney bought Marvel, it's all the constant TV/Toy tie-in with the comic series, as well as bringing in writers who do not care about the fan/readers. I feel that Marvel management is comprised of those whose work were rejected by DC Comics. I think that the current management at Marvel are hellbent of making Marvel Comics into Yahoo!.....

With How The Current Status Of The Character Is, I Really Don't See Someone Like Slot Staying There For Too Long. Especially With What The Guy Has Been Doing To The Character And His Mythos. So, With How Guys Like Slott And Zdarsky Are In These Series, I Doubt That They'd Be Staying For That Long. So, I Do Hope That Marvel Does Try To Bring In Some New Writers Who Actually Not Only Care About The Character And His Mythos, But Also Are Respectable Towards The Fans And Readers. So, Hopefully They'll Be Able To Do All Of That. And No, Marvel Does Still Try To Hire Some Comic Writers Even Ones Who Began Writing For Television Which Is Mostly How Writers Get In The Business. But, I Do Hope They Mostly Hire Talented People Who Do Care About The Marvel Universe And Its Mythos Instead Of Just Mostly Some Forced Political BS. But, Yeah. I Do Agree That Marvel Really Does Need To Improve On Their Management. And The Best Thing They'd Do Is Just Get Rid Of The People Who Have Actually Tried To Make Their Business Side More Complicated Such As Dan Slott, Mark Waid, Nick Spencer, Heather Antos, Gabby Rivera, Tom Breevort, And Axel Alonso For Some Other People Who Are Not Only Better. But, Truly Love, Care, And Understand The Marvel Universe, Characters, And Mythos As Well As Being Respectable Towards The Fans, Readers, And Retailers. So, I Really Hope They Actually Do All O That. Especially With Hope Marvel Is Right Now. So, Yeah. I Really Hope To See Alot O Improvements There Soon.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where did you heard this? The last interview by Brevoort said Slott would be out somewhere in the future, soon or later. If it is true, I am deeply disappointed with Marvel (again). This man is creatively dry and stale, he caused a lot of damage in the franchise and can wreck thing even further. It just shows why they don't deserve the trust of the readership.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksuit: Slott's has killed my interest with Spider-Man/Peter Parker ever since the ASM issue 700 was published. In the now defunct Fromspring(2012) Q&A, I asked Tom Brevoort would Slott remain on ASM until issue 1000. He answered my question by saying that it's very difficult for anyone to work on a series for that long since there will likely be a burnout from the Writer and/or the Readers. In closing he goes on to stay that by the time when "ASM issue #850 is published, you guys will be begging us(Marvel) to pull Slott off the book."

I am not making any of this up. Those where Tom Brevoort's own words. It would seem that Slott might hang around until 2020 at the latest, which would be very sad as I have never seen a writer so hellbent on making Spider-Man a poor man's version of Batman.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31487  Edited By ZariusII
    ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: he can say what he wants. I still wont buy it

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previews: October 18th, 2017

There are more preview pages for the following

Invincible Iron Man #593 which feature Mary Jane

-

Do you guys remember this part of the panel that appeared in the Legacy preview (above), well guess what it's in today's issue. Thoughts.

And would it be possible for someone to check a physical copy of it, just to be sure it's not just in the digital version.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I'm certainly not getting a physical copy of that trash.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

Previews: October 18th, 2017

There are more preview pages for the following

Invincible Iron Man #593 which feature Mary Jane

-

Do you guys remember this part of the panel that appeared in the Legacy preview (above), well guess what it's in today's issue. Thoughts.

And would it be possible for someone to check a physical copy of it, just to be sure it's not just in the digital version.

I've just been informed, it's in the physical copy as well.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksuit: Slott's has killed my interest with Spider-Man/Peter Parker ever since the ASM issue 700 was published. In the now defunct Fromspring(2012) Q&A, I asked Tom Brevoort would Slott remain on ASM until issue 1000. He answered my question by saying that it's very difficult for anyone to work on a series for that long since there will likely be a burnout from the Writer and/or the Readers. In closing he goes on to stay that by the time when "ASM issue #850 is published, you guys will be begging us(Marvel) to pull Slott off the book."

I am not making any of this up. Those where Tom Brevoort's own words. It would seem that Slott might hang around until 2020 at the latest, which would be very sad as I have never seen a writer so hellbent on making Spider-Man a poor man's version of Batman.

I am not doubting you, but we should not take this statement so seriously, he said that in 2012, five years ago, much before the recent events, much before Parker Industries and the crisis Marvel dig itself in the last year and we all can agree that the Slott's burnout is happening for years and just getting stronger. Bleeding Cool said he would be gone by ASM #800 and I find this rumors reasonable.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31494  Edited By BlackSuit

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@ursaber

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@mizerous

@eto

@magnetic_eye

Slott says January's issue of ASM is important

I'm not spoiling it this far ahead. There's no hint of it on the cover or in the solicit. It's a secret. And it's important.

Off course he said it will be important, this issue have Zodiac, the same villain that one year ago just saw the future and just throws away the upcoming plotpoints of the next stories in ASM in a overblown dialogue balloon. I bet the same thing will happens in January.

EDIT - By the way, I remember days ago,, that Slott mentioned in a tweet that now that he wrapped up Silver Surfer he will focus in an creator owned project. I ask myself what that might mean for ASM, due the fact Slott is so slow and lazy that he can't barely focus in more than two books a month, with him delaying SS for months and being unable to ship ASM two issues a month. People are speculating he might be out of the book in the following months and it might be other indication of this.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31495  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter So it's not an artist's error. Either Bendis is just being Bendis and ignoring continuity, or they're building to something. Also pretty much continues to bury MJ as she seems is totally fine with digging up archive footage of an event that triggered a particular tumultuous period in her and Peter's life just to boost Tony's reputation. Ugh.

Oh, and I've unsubscribed from Nerd Wonder's channel after I caught her bashing Renew Your Vows on some jackoff's video critiquing the latest issue. I'll probably subscribe again when my temper's cooled, but I am just so sick of these videos trying to throw the book under the bus and gaining traction from it. This guy also seems to think Peter and MJ have a lousy marriage and is willing to lie about this false narrative by saying Peter's a "beta male" and that Annie runs off and has her own adventures to escape her dysfunctional life. BULL.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off course he said it will be important, this issue have Zodiac, the same villain that one year ago just saw the future and just throws away the upcoming plotpoints of the next stories in ASM in a overblown dialogue balloon. I bet the same thing will happens in January.

EDIT - By the way, I remember days ago,, that Slott mentioned in a tweet that now that he wrapped up Silver Surfer he will focus in an creator owned project. I ask myself what that might mean for ASM, due the fact Slott is so slow and lazy that he can't barely focus in more than two books a month, with him delaying SS for months and being unable to ship ASM two issues a month. People are speculating he might be out of the book in the following months and it might be other indication of this.

One can only hope. Still, it won't matter his departure if the successor writer isn't good so who would you recommend?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter So it's not an artist's error. Either Bendis is just being Bendis and ignoring continuity, or they're building to something. Also pretty much continues to bury MJ as she seems is totally fine with digging up archive footage of an event that triggered a particular tumultuous period in her and Peter's life just to boost Tony's reputation. Ugh.

I doubt Mary Jane would allow such a picture to exist, whatever her current issues with Peter, I would like to believe she still cares for him and would still protect his dual identity and would never betray that trust. Plus the fact that no one at the expo is reacting to such a reveal. No, I would like to think that there is something behind this and that the post OMD world is breaking down and what we are seeing are the first signs of leakage of pre-OMD events.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blacksuit said:

One can only hope. Still, it won't matter his departure if the successor writer isn't good so who would you recommend?

Hi ursaber, good to see you again! I sincerely don't know who would be a good replacement, almost no one at Marvel inspire me trust, the few I may would like to see are Robbie Thompson or Charlei Sole, some people speak well of Nick Spencer and I find him a skillful writer, but I don't know about him either. The franchise needeed someone like JMS or DeFalco, who deeply understand and care for Peter and could heal the franchise, but whoever might be will be better than keeping Slott in the title.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blacksuit said:

Hi ursaber, good to see you again! I sincerely don't know who would be a good replacement, almost no one at Marvel inspire me trust, the few I may would like to see are Robbie Thompson or Charlei Sole, some people speak well of Nick Spencer and I find him a skillful writer, but I don't know about him either. The franchise needeed someone like JMS or DeFalco, who deeply understand and care for Peter and could heal the franchise, but whoever might be will be better than keeping Slott in the title.

Likewise.

My replacement pick would be none other than Charles Soule, the excellent writer of Daredevil. I believe he can restore Spider Man and has shown dislike for the OMD status quo making a crack at it in one of his issues and has shown himself to not be so political or sjw.

Nick Spencer is a no no, no matter how good a technical writer he is.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.