Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Spideerfan002 Also Disagree With Your Statements On Devil's Reign With Ben As Well As The Rose. Guy Had A Strong Introduction.

Also, Don't See How You Think That Miles Has Actually Been Upstaging Peter In His Titles When Miles Treated Peter With Respect, Peter Looked Out For Miles And Hasn't Been Treated In A Humiliating Degree, And Peter And Miles Treat Eachother With Respect. Also, No, Spidey Titles Haven't Been Sidelined As He Still Got Some Mini Series Coming Soon As Well As Possibly A Satellite Title.

Also, No, Peter Was Not Treated In A Humiliating Way I'm Spider-Geddon Nor Has Been Treated Badly In His Own Stuff As Miles Was There To Take The Turn As The Leader Abd Hero, Since, Well, He Has Already Shown His Worth Over The Years More Than Any Other Spiders Outside Of Peter, Ben, Kaine, Miguel, Mayday, and Annie May. So, Really, I Don't See How Miles Taking The Power Of The Cosmic Could Be Anything Bad. Especially When The Spiders Have Already Bested Their Foes. So, Really, I Think You Just Have A Bad Take Here. Especially On Peter's Use Of His Abilities.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43452  Edited By MarvelMan92

@Spideerfan002 Also Don't See How You Think Spidey Had Been Nerfed Lately. I Mean, He Has Been Capable Of Handling Things In The Nick Spencer Run(A Run You Kept Saying Peter Kept Getting Beaten On And Was Just Some Damsel As You Tried To Claim), Very Capable Under The Likes Of Zdarsky. Has Been Capable In Beyond. Has Also Shown How Much He's Actually Capable Under The Likes Of Wells, McKay, Gleason, And Ziglar. Really, The Guy Has Been Capable Of Handling Things On His Own. Even In Spine-Tingling Spider-Man. And Yet, You Think The Guy Is Actually Nerfed. And Yet, With Other Things Here, It Seems To Show The Exact Opposite Of Your Claims. Even Some On Ben. Really, You Seem To Take Things Out Of Context Or Just Don't Seem To Understand How His Whole Thing Works Here With His Abilities And All.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43453  Edited By MarvelMan92
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43455  Edited By MarvelMan92

To Respond To @Spideerfan002's Response In The CBR Forums:

Nick Lowe is the king of exxageration, and again and again we've seen him mess up.But I say Ben won't stay as Spidey because of a lot more than that statement

1)Memory loss

2)Chasm tease

3)No new solicits for Ben for 2 months minimum after Beyond ends

4)Zeb Wells didn't want to tell a Ben story in the first place

Not to mention saying he won't he Spidey is a LOT more direct than saying

Okay, First Of All, Nick Lowe IS The Guy Who Actually Has A Habit Over Overhyping Stuff. But, Really, I Doubt Anything Would Be That Severe.

Second, The Whole Memory Loss Thing Was Just An Effect He Has. Something That Would Actually Effect His Mind For A While. And Would Likely Have Him Cured At The End.

Third, There Really Is No Telling That Chasm Could Be Just Ben. It Could Be An Experiment Created By Beyond. Or In This Case A Version Of Electro Since We Saw Him In Beyond Earlier. And He Could Play A Big Role At The End. Could Be Temporary Though.

Fourth, Just Because They're Not Much New Solicits On Ben, Doesn't Mean He Won't Still Be Around. I Mean, Really, Beyond Is Actually Coming To An End Quicker Than You Think And They Haven't Had The Time To Announce Anything Ben Related. Really, With The Stuff We've Seen Of Ben In The Variant Of ASM Relaunch And That Tease From Timeless, It's Likely That We'll Still See Ben Around Later On. And Really, They'll Keep Around Around For More Adventures Later On. I Mean, They Have Done Teases Like This That Would Be Released Farther Than Expected Like We See In Other Stuff Before. Likely, Ben's Adventures Would Likely Be Released In The Middle Of This Spring, Summer, Or Fall. So, Really, Try Not To Count Ben Out On This One.

Fifth, Wells May Not Have Wanted To Tell A Ben Story, But, He's Done A Pretty Good Job With Him So Far. So, Nothing Bad Here.

Also, More Importantly, Just Because Ben Won't Be Spidey, Doesn't Mean He Wouldn't Be Called Something Else. I Mean, We Already Have Two Spider-Men Being Peter And Miles. We Don't Need Another One. And We Already Have Kaine Taking Up The Role As The Scarlet Spider. So, Really, Nothing Bad Here. He Might Really Be Called Something Else. Taking Up A New Name.

Really, With All The Things You Put In, I Don't Think You Know How Any Of This Stuff Works As Usual. And Really, You Seem To Overexaggerate On Things And Put In Alot Of Bad Faith Here. Like, Really.....

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43456  Edited By MarvelMan92

@Spyrotdog @Spideerfan002

I See The Guys At CBR Actually Trying To Trash The Latest Issue Of ASM As Well As The Entire Arc, Which, Really, Ain't That Bad As They Are Trying To Claim. Like, Really, Nothing Compared To The Last Run. Like, Really, They Really Seem To Think The Series Would Actually Be Doomed Forever. With Them Missing The Points Of Ben's Issues Abd Some If The Issues If This Arc Being Good, Great, And Decent At Best. Really Seem To Think The Series Us Actually Just Doomed Forever.

Like, The User From CBR Name Matt RatHere:

"That is never going to happen. ASM will always be a consistent top seller based on branding alone even if the content is consistently crap. Your best bet is to not support the book in your own way and wait for a writer that will give you what you want, even if those writers are in shorter and shorter supply, they do crop up now and then."

Like, Really, We All Had Our Problems With The Series For A While. One With Slott. Abd Some Issues Being With Nick Spencer Especially After The Whole Thing With The Events If Last Remains. But, Really, With Beyond, It Doesn't Seem To Be That Bad Nor Problematic Compared To Others. Abd Hopefully Wells Does Well With His Latest Run Especially With His 900th Issue. Could Be Greater Than Expected. But, Really, With The Stuff They Are Actually Claiming With Beyond, I Think They Take Things Too Far Here. And Just Seem To Be Overexaggerating Here And Just Putting Bad Faith And All. Really Think They Should Try And Wait Fir The Finale To See How Things Would Hold Up.

Also, Very Likely That ASM Would Turn Out Well Later On As Well As Other Titles Coming Soon. Possibly Satellite Titles. Hopefully Ones That Would Be Mostly Ongoings For Peter Parker Along With Ben Reilly And Kaine Parker/Scarlet Spider.

Really, I've Been A Regular At CBR Fir A Long Time. For A Long While. And While I Am Banned There, I Still Hang Out There. Even Long Before I Went Here On This Site. But, Really, With Stuff Relating To Things Like This, I Have Been Really Bothered By some Of The Things They Said. Some Things I Really Disagree With. Things That I Really Need To Reply There. Abd Really, Most If The Stuff They Put In Have Some Bad Takes. And Some There, Even Ones Like Spideerfan Here, Have Put Some Bad Faith On Here. Like, Really, With The Whole Thing They Put In, They Pretty Much Just Overexaggerate On Things. Even Claiming That This Arc Is Possibly Much Worse Than The Last Run. Which Is Actually Just Really Frigging Ridiculous.

So, Yeah, While I Still Go At CBR, I Still Hope For Things To Be More Interesting There.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw This On CBR. And Really, This Thread Is So Bad, I Wish I Had To Respond To That Idiotic Thing, But, Have To Respond Here Just So Anyone At CBR Could Give This Guy The Message:

Yep. Cue rolling eyes.

You know, Peter - not Spider-Man, but Peter in the scene with Tombstone - is acting like a cocky @$$ in the Wells/Romita Jr. ASM #1 preview. I wonder if he somehow gives Ben some or all of his foundational memories plus his sense of responsibility at the end of Beyond. Then Ben can go off and be the mature Spider-Person in a committed relationship with Janine, while Peter will be the manchild who can't be trusted to have an adult relationship with anyone - which would lead to Peter being on the outs with the people in his life.

Trouble is, Spencer already told the story of Spider-Man being divorced from his responsibility and told it well at the beginning of his run with Peter and Spider-Man split into two. But if I were a gambling person, I'm betting that's where Wells is heading. And the Marvel higher ups would LOVE it, as they already think Peter's core value is "youth" - which they interpret as irresponsible and unreliable - and not "with great power must also come great responsibility."

Boy, You Mean That Peter Actually got info from Tombstone about What he's Actually Doing in plan to just try and harm Other People in the war and hope to sabotage it just so People could be safe and that Tombstone's Plan would Actually be ruined and make himself look like a fool? That is why Peter had to be so Cocky? Really? Boy, Who Woulda Guess That?

Also, you Really Do Not Know When the conversation between him and Tombstone takes place? Could be Way After Peter had his friends stop being in contact from him. Looks like Many Weeks or Months Later. Really, with This sorta thing, this stuff between timelines Happens All The Time. And yet, you just Try to Overreact and Overexaggerare Calling Peter and Irresponsible Cocky Little @#$% Without Having Any Context To Understand nor Any Evidence to Back That Up. And Really, I doubt it's have Anything to do with Tombstone. Heroes mess up Much Worse in Gang Related Crimes than this. Even Much Worse than that. So, Really, Must Be Something More Personal. And Really, Again, you Overexaggerate the whole arc with Nick Spencer again comparing one of his Arcs to the arc that has Yet to be released without Any Context Given. So, Yeah. All of this is just Really Ridiculously Idiotic. As well as the stuff with Ben, Janine, and Peter. It's All Just Incredibly Really Ridiculous.

So, Yeah, The Guys At CBR Just Made Another Stupid Thing Yet Again. Like, Really.......

@Spideerfan002

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spideerfan002 I See That The People At CBR Likes To Pretend That Beyond Is Bad And Just Like To Pretend To Ignore That McKay And Gleason Were Involved, Doing Their Best Stuff In Those Stories. Like, Really. These Guys Pretty Much Don't Seem To Have Much Taste Here. Especially Seeing As How They Not Only Say Beyond As A Whole Is Bad, But, Saying That It's Worse Than The Whole Thing In Nick Spencer's Run Especially With Kindred, As Said By Username Exile, Is Just Incredibly Ridiculous Abd Just Tried To Use That As Something That Would Make Him Look More Superior And Edgy. Like, Really, With All The Things You Guys Say At CBR, It Just Actually Comes Off As Exaggerated.

Really, You Also Have The Exaggeration And Imagination That Spidey Had Been Nerfed. Like, When Under Wells Especially When, Really, If You Actually Checked Out His Work, That's Not Really The Case. Like If You Checked Out His Works On Doctor Octopus Year One, Avenging Spider-Man, Other Spidey Stuff Basically Shows Him Being More Capable Than You Think. Abd From What We've Seen In The Previews Of The Upcoming ASM Relaunch, It Seems That Peter Is More Than Capable Of Handling Things.

So, Really. You, Along With The Others At CBR Like Mister C, Exile, And Such Have Been Making Some Exaggerations. Putting Some Bad Faith And All. And Really, It's Just Frigging.....Yeah......

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to stage a little intervention here, because I think we all need it.

By now, all of the Vine regulars have moved over to Discord, myself included, and, frankly, I feel even there now everyone's losing touch with one another. Nobody has a conversation there anymore, we just sort of post news and remind people new comics are in the storage clouds etc, I've tried keeping correspondence with a couple but they pretty much never have time, and I don't think Spider-Man or comics in general interest them anymore. Fortunately I've never lost the bug.

It saddens me, Marvelman, that you've let this obsessive vendetta against CBR still plague you, enough to the point you've driven everyone else away from this thread. We get it, you are a shill for this era, you seem to think any Spider-Man status quo that isn't Slott is some kind of golden age immune to criticism of any sort.

But nobody is 'pretending' that Beyond is bad, they have the god given right to that opinion, just the same as anyone who didn't like what Spencer was doing. In my opinion Beyond has been fairly mediocre. Sure, you had McKay, Ziglar, and Gleason, but their contributions have largely been overshadowed and eclipsed by the more problematic writing.

And yeah, Wells sucks, I don't care for his body of work, and I don't trust him with the relaunch

spyrotdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump rip

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92

Spin this!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amazing-spider-man-93-leaks-future-of-ben-reilly-spoiler/

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yeah, Sorry. Just Don't Have A Discord. Didn't Even Know You Guys Were There. Have No Idea What You Guys Are Doing. Really, I Just Have No Idea What You Guys Have Actually Been Doing. Really, If Only Anyone Here Had Let Us Know.

As For The Stuff At CBR, Like I Said, It Was The Only Other Place I Could Go To See Any Full Thoughts And Info. And Been There Way Before I Even Found This Site. But, Really, Despite All It's Issues, I Still Actually Go There To Find Some Things. But, Really, With All That, I Actually Still Find Things That Irk Me. Most Likely Things That Don't Sound Right. Not Even Saying That Beyond Us Perfect. There Are Some Issues There. But, It Just Seems That Most Of The Guys There Just Say Some Questionable And Bad Takes. Even @SpideerFan002 For That Matter. Since The Last Run, They Keep Making Up Some Nonsense That Peter Had Been Portrayed As Pathetic. Always Getting His Ass Beaten. And Being Some Sort Of Damsel In Distress. Though, When You Actually Follow The Run, You Would Know That Is Actually Not The Case. Abd They Just Keep Putting In Bad Faith In The Series. Just Fir The Most Ridiculous Of Reasons. And Not Trying To Make Anything Good. Mistaking Most Of Those Context For Anything Problematic. Same Goes With The Stuff At Beyond. Despite All It's Issues, Their Takes Just Become Much Worse. Just For The Most Ridiculous Reasons. Heck, Even Outside Of CBR, Spideerfan Had Been Shown To Have His Issues Outside There Like In Twitter. Arguing With People. Just Kept Arguing With People Over Some Takes. And Even Showed More Of His Ideals That Sounded Alot Like The More Controversial Group About A Certain Community. Taking Everything Seriously There And Just Said Some Things That Really Didn't Sound Anything Good.

Not Only That, But, The Last Time I Spoke To Him In That Site Was When I Notice That He Was Arguing With A User In That Site On The Homepage. A User That I Followed. I Actually Got Into The Conversation. And He Actually Accused Me Of Stalking. And With That, Actually Just Gave Me An Attitude Along With The Other User And Just Actually Blocked Me. And With That, Just Blocked The Other Guy Too.......After It Was Revealed That He Actually Stalked That Guy By Just Re-Quoating An Earlier Post He Made A While Back. Just Showing More Of His Hypocricy. So, Yeah, With That, It Just Seems That I'm Just Not Really All That Fond Of Spideerfan After That Behaviour And Really, Just Kept On Showing Most Of His Bad Faith There. Really, The Guy Gets In My Nerves. But, What He Did There Just Really Didn't Make Him Look All That Good. Like, Really.

But, Yeah, Despite Beyond's Problems, I Just Don't Like All The Other Stuff The Ones At CBR Have Put Some Bad Faith There. Honestly, I Wish I Knew You Guys Had A Discord Sooner. Heck, I Really Would've Known Sooner. But, Really, This Was Just Really Surprising To Find Out. But, Yeah.....

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow this looks interesting cant wait!!

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

WOW

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43465  Edited By ZariusII

WOW what?

Just another status quo that won't last

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope we don't see much more of Ben in the next run, time to focus on Peter and MJ. If they want to tell a Ben story, give him a side book or a mini.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spyrotdog: @cmpunk4life: @thor-parker: @zariusii: @Spideerfan002

Hello Everyone, Just Want To Let You All Know That I Finally Have A Discord. It's CosmicSpider76. So, If Any Of You Want To Chat Me Up, You Guys Can Finally Do That On Mobile. So, Yeah. Really Hope To See You Guys There.....

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@marvelman92: hello there marvelman

you sent a DM that you had joined discord

i have a group with zarius, animehunter, blackspidey, thor parker, quilsniv, itsaworld (she never responds mind you) and myself

in order to add you i need your full discord username with the #0000 as well

example: username#0000

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

Hello, My Username Is Actually CosmicSpider76#9853

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ursaber:

Hello, My Username Is Actually CosmicSpider76#9853

check your discord

sent you a friend request

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, ASM #1 was a pile of garbage.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one thinks outside the box at Marvel. This is why comics have lost significant market share to the Japanese manga. Everything between Marvel and DC are segregated by Editorial departments that don't want to work together, which is sad. The problem with Spider-Man is that there are too many Spider-Characters who share the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker. The same supporting cast and rogues every time. No one wants to mix things up to create a suspenseful story.

@zariusii: Yeah, Sorry. Just Don't Have A Discord. Didn't Even Know You Guys Were There. Have No Idea What You Guys Are Doing. Really, I Just Have No Idea What You Guys Have Actually Been Doing. Really, If Only Anyone Here Had Let Us Know.

As For The Stuff At CBR, Like I Said, It Was The Only Other Place I Could Go To See Any Full Thoughts And Info. And Been There Way Before I Even Found This Site. But, Really, Despite All It's Issues, I Still Actually Go There To Find Some Things. But, Really, With All That, I Actually Still Find Things That Irk Me. Most Likely Things That Don't Sound Right. Not Even Saying That Beyond Us Perfect. There Are Some Issues There. But, It Just Seems That Most Of The Guys There Just Say Some Questionable And Bad Takes. Even @SpideerFan002 For That Matter. Since The Last Run, They Keep Making Up Some Nonsense That Peter Had Been Portrayed As Pathetic. Always Getting His Ass Beaten. And Being Some Sort Of Damsel In Distress. Though, When You Actually Follow The Run, You Would Know That Is Actually Not The Case. Abd They Just Keep Putting In Bad Faith In The Series. Just Fir The Most Ridiculous Of Reasons. And Not Trying To Make Anything Good. Mistaking Most Of Those Context For Anything Problematic. Same Goes With The Stuff At Beyond. Despite All It's Issues, Their Takes Just Become Much Worse. Just For The Most Ridiculous Reasons. Heck, Even Outside Of CBR, Spideerfan Had Been Shown To Have His Issues Outside There Like In Twitter. Arguing With People. Just Kept Arguing With People Over Some Takes. And Even Showed More Of His Ideals That Sounded Alot Like The More Controversial Group About A Certain Community. Taking Everything Seriously There And Just Said Some Things That Really Didn't Sound Anything Good.

Not Only That, But, The Last Time I Spoke To Him In That Site Was When I Notice That He Was Arguing With A User In That Site On The Homepage. A User That I Followed. I Actually Got Into The Conversation. And He Actually Accused Me Of Stalking. And With That, Actually Just Gave Me An Attitude Along With The Other User And Just Actually Blocked Me. And With That, Just Blocked The Other Guy Too.......After It Was Revealed That He Actually Stalked That Guy By Just Re-Quoating An Earlier Post He Made A While Back. Just Showing More Of His Hypocricy. So, Yeah, With That, It Just Seems That I'm Just Not Really All That Fond Of Spideerfan After That Behaviour And Really, Just Kept On Showing Most Of His Bad Faith There. Really, The Guy Gets In My Nerves. But, What He Did There Just Really Didn't Make Him Look All That Good. Like, Really.

But, Yeah, Despite Beyond's Problems, I Just Don't Like All The Other Stuff The Ones At CBR Have Put Some Bad Faith There. Honestly, I Wish I Knew You Guys Had A Discord Sooner. Heck, I Really Would've Known Sooner. But, Really, This Was Just Really Surprising To Find Out. But, Yeah.....

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yhyh

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Spideraty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current Spider-Man run sucks that’s all I’m saying maybe getting a feat of him beating or hurting the thing might change my opinion a tiny bit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.