#31402 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

In Runaways today, it's been revealed that only two years have passed since the original Civil War

Is that possible? ASM skipped 8 months between v3 18 to Secret Wars beginning, and another 8 months from Secret Wars end to ASM v4 1. That's 16 months. If, as you say, Superior was a year (let's give Marvel the benefit of the doubt and say they were just rounding up, so a minimum of 6 months) - that means all of ASM 546-700, v3 1-18, and v4 1-32 happened in a maximum of 2 months! LOL wtf Marvel...

Marvel is now retconning their timeline LOL

#31403 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: My thoughts are similar in regards to RYV. For me the two biggest issues was the rushed art and pacing of the story. The X-Men did not need to be there, Peter showed more competency but I'm not mad MJ saved him from his killing fall. The time skip was out of nowhere (IN STORY) and was just not good, a really bad final pages for the book. A considerable weak point compared to RYV 11 which was GOLD! The message of compassion and Annie and Normie teaming up to defeat Mecha Goblin was good though. Normie's sudden redemption could have used some work.

#31404 Edited by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 said:
@animehunter said:

The other thing I just realised, in ASM 789

Peter was not only pathetic in it but also a coward, and is running away from his problems, running away from being Peter Parker, and worst of all, he's using Bobbi as a crutch, as a rebound girlfriend, which usually never ends well and so like every other relationship he's had after Mary Jane, this will fail miserably as well.

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

Agreed. Honestly, I feel like Bobbi and Peter have potential, but you just know the relationship will fail - probably before ASM 800, maybe in the next 4 or 5 issues.

My GOD! ASM 789 was atrocious. And I'm still halfway reading it through online. Slott stole something from the Peter MJ era where Bobbi cut out the pictures of a newspaper to spare Peter the pain, JUST like in Spectacular Spider Man 134 - 136, the Sin Eater trilogy.

Peter being this pathetic loser and having his reputation worldwide destroyed is a horrid regression of the character. Peter continues to get warped and warped and deformed every time on ASM. But damn, this meteoric FALL of Peter is just... He's now basically the girlfriend to Bobbi.

At least Harry and Liz are back together, that's kinda good. And Harry deserves this.

The only good thing in this issue was seeing all the classic Spidey supports in the book. It was horrid seeing a pre Gwen Death Mary Jane. Before she became a truly transcendent character.

Although Couch of Doom was funny.

EDIT: Although Stuart Immonem draws a beautiful Bobbi in costume. Its no secret I LOVE Bobbi's costumed look. Just not her relationship with Peter.

#31405 Posted by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#31407 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@animehunter said:

Peter was not only pathetic in it but also a coward, and is running away from his problems, running away from being Peter Parker, and worst of all, he's using Bobbi as a crutch, as a rebound girlfriend, which usually never ends well and so like every other relationship he's had after Mary Jane, this will fail miserably as well.

-

Agreed. Honestly, I feel like Bobbi and Peter have potential, but you just know the relationship will fail - probably before ASM 800, maybe in the next 4 or 5 issues.

My GOD! ASM 789 was atrocious. And I'm still halfway reading it through online. Slott stole something from the Peter MJ era where Bobbi cut out the pictures of a newspaper to spare Peter the pain, JUST like in Spectacular Spider Man 134 - 136, the Sin Eater trilogy.

Peter being this pathetic loser and having his reputation worldwide destroyed is a horrid regression of the character. Peter continues to get warped and warped and deformed every time on ASM. But damn, this meteoric FALL of Peter is just... He's now basically the girlfriend to Bobbi.

At least Harry and Liz are back together, that's kinda good. And Harry deserves this.

The only good thing in this issue was seeing all the classic Spidey supports in the book. It was horrid seeing a pre Gwen Death Mary Jane. Before she became a truly transcendent character.

Although Couch of Doom was funny.

EDIT: Although Stuart Immonem draws a beautiful Bobbi in costume. Its no secret I LOVE Bobbi's costumed look. Just not her relationship with Peter.

Yeah, Wih Slot's Treatment Towards The Character And His Mythos, The Series Has Become Even Moe To The Point Where It Becomes Really Toxic To Read. Really, With Slott's Current Status And Treatment Towards The Character, He Now Seems Just As Bad If Not Worse Than Zdasky. And If He Actually Stays On The Series, He Might Actually Just Try To Destroy The Character Than What ANY Writer Has Done To Their Characters Even Moe So That What Writers Like Mark Millar And Bendis Hae Actually Done To Their Characters. I Mean, Really. I Slott Actually Does Stay Here o Too Long, He'd Actually Be Able To Hurt The Character And The Entire Status O The Company Along With Them. I Mean, eally. Both Slott And Zdarsky's Treatment Towards The Character And His M ythos Are To The Point Where The Character Just Doesn't Sell The Books Anymore With Guys Like These Two On Board. I Mean, Really. I They Actually Stayed On The Character or Any Longer, There Won't Be Any More Titles To Sell Nor Would The Character's Status Try To Improve Itsel. I REALLY They'll finally Be Able To Get Rid O Slott And Zdarsky Knowing What Kind O People They Are To The Character And Their ans As Well As The Status Towards The Company.

As or Bobbi, Well, No. She Doesn't Even Try To Respect Peter Either I You Actually See The The Refrigerator Magnets On The Picture That Assembles The Words "Ha Ha" So, Really, All O Their Points On Peter And Bobbi Wouldn't Really Turn Out Well With A Writer Like Slott On Board.

#31411 Edited by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

So Yeah Incase Anyone Has Ever Mentioned This, The Latest Issue O Inhumans: Once And future Kings by Christopher Priest Ad Art by Phil Noto Has Just Been Released And I Was SO Excited That Spider-Man Appeared At The End Of The Issue. And Seeing As How A Writer Like Christopher Priest Is Handling The Series, I REALLY Cannot Wait To See Him Tackle The Character Again Even If It Is Only or A Single Issue. So, Yeah. or Any an Of His Work And Anyone Who Has Actually Read His Run On The Character, Yeah, There Is Now May Reasons To Be Excited or The Next Issue!!!!!! :) :D

So, Thoughts Guys?

@animehunter

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82, @bjparks, @the_waffle

#31413 Posted by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#31414 Edited by Mizerous (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#31415 Posted by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#31417 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
#31418 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: Zdarsky with Jim Cheung. Bad writing, great art. Has Zdarsky written something good?

#31419 Posted by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Hard to say here

I read on CBR conflicting reports that Two-In-One is just a mini-series that could lead into a renumbered FF#650 next year, whether that means Zdarsky stays on to be the next FF writer is not known

#31420 Edited by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

I read on CBR conflicting reports that Two-In-One is just a mini-series that could lead into a renumbered FF#650 next year, whether that means Zdarsky stays on to be the next FF writer is not known

Please GOD no. Zdarsky on F4, NO!

Edit: Do you like Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider Man?

#31421 Posted by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber There's interesting moments, but it feels a little too farcical

#31422 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber There's interesting moments, but it feels a little too farcical

the only thing I liked was the reintroduction of Teresa AND the overall feel and tone of the book thanks to Spidey being in NY. Out of that, the rest is terrible, story and art.

#31424 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@zariusii: Zdarsky with Jim Cheung. Bad writing, great art. Has Zdarsky written something good?

Yeah, Jim Cheung Is A Really Brilliant Artist. But, He REALLY Doesn't Fit With Zdarsky's Line Of Writing. The Guy Is More Of A Dramatic Artist While Zdarsky Is Just Basically Some Comedy Writer. His Style Would Not Fit With Zdarsky's Tone Of The Series. And Again, Spider-Man Is In This Under Zdarsky.......Again......Just Makes Me Want To Avoid Reading This Under What He Would Have In Store For These Guys. So, Yeah. I Was Actually Gonna Be Looking Forward To Reading This. But, Seeing Spidey In Here Under A Writer Like Zdarsky Just Kinda Makes Me Lose Interest In Reading This. So, Yeah. I Might Check This Out. But, I Spidey Is In This Unde Zdarsky....Yeah.... Really Hope That Cheung Gets Better Spider-Man Related Work This Time. I Really Hate To Seem Him Working Under Guys Like Slott And Zdarsky. Seriously, Those Two Are Honestly Like Poison To The Character. I Really Hope That Both Slott And Zdarsky Get Replaced By Someone Better Soon. Hopefully, We'll See Some Better Writers For The Two Characters And Series.

#31425 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

Please GOD no. Zdarsky on F4, NO!

Edit: Do you like Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider Man?

Yeah, I REALLY Do Not Want To See Zdarsky Handling The Fantastic Four When They Get Back. I'd Rather Have Writers Like Al Ewing, Gerry Duggan, Mattew Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Charles Soule, Jason Aaron, Donny Cates, And Possibly Even Simon Spurrier, Ed Piskor, Or Maybe Even Saladin Ahmed Handling The Series. Anyone Would Be Great. I REALLY Do NOT Want To See A Writer Like Zdarsky Handling The Series. Especially Ater Their Big Return. Just......No...Just No, Please.....

#31427 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio
#31428 Edited by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

-

There are a few relationships that could have done well for Peter, after MJ. The problem is that Slott doesn't want to use them. I personally feel that Slott should lay off the romantic relationship and focus more on the friendship development aspect for Peter Parker and Bobbi Morse. The two relationship candidates that Slott should have used during his run on ASM was Jennifer Walters and Betty Brant. But he wasted that opportunity with love interests that no one care about. He did a good job with his run on She-Hulk. You would think that it would be a no brainer to use Jennifer Walters as a possible companion for Peter Parker and possible tie their story towards Bruce Banner and Betty Ross in connection to their scientific research. Slott could have brought the ASM readers into Jennifer's world in connection to The Incredible Hulk and The Abomination who might have personal ties to Peter's parents during his time as a KGB Agent. So much wasted nonsense that Slott has produced since he took over the reigns of ASM.

If Marvel as a whole is doing very bad, I blame that on the current management. I am quite happy that Marvel Film Studios broke away from Marvel Entertainment. No Ike Palmer, Joe Quesada, or Joe Loeb to screwup the Marvel movies with their constant delays with the production.

#31429 Posted by ItsaWorld (2328 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a few relationships that could have done well for Peter, after MJ. The problem is that Slott doesn't want to use them. I personally feel that Slott should lay off the romantic relationship and focus more on the friendship development aspect for Peter Parker and Bobbi Morse. The two relationship candidates that Slott should have used during his run on ASM was Jennifer Walters and Betty Brant. But he wasted that opportunity with love interests that no one care about. He did a good job with his run on She-Hulk. You would think that it would be a no brainer to use Jennifer Walters as a possible companion for Peter Parker and possible tie their story towards Bruce Banner and Betty Ross in connection to their scientific research. Slott could have brought the ASM readers into Jennifer's world in connection to The Incredible Hulk and The Abomination who might have personal ties to Peter's parents during his time as a KGB Agent. So much wasted nonsense that Slott has produced since he took over the reigns of ASM.

If Marvel as a whole is doing very bad, I blame that on the current management. I am quite happy that Marvel Film Studios broke away from Marvel Entertainment. No Ike Palmer, Joe Quesada, or Joe Loeb to screwup the Marvel movies with their constant delays with the production.

Ya know what you can do after a Peter MJ romance?....MORE PETER MJ ROMANCE! It's been a decade and Spiderman has never recovered! Just give it back!

#31431 Posted by ursaber (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
#31432 Edited by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Bobbi is the new Carlie, genius comparison.

@animehunter

And man, I wonder what the catch is with Mole Man? Seems like he's now in the clear to marry Aunt May

#31433 Posted by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#31434 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY Hope That More People Follow This.

#31436 Posted by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#31437 Edited by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio
#31438 Edited by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@ursaber

@amazingfantasy

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th October 2017 – “Legacy Barely Has A Leg To Stand On”

This is the Top 10 Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And for a second time, every single shop is reporting that their bestseller for the week was Metal #3. It’s still a rare occurrence for any comic to do that given the disparate nature of comic shops, but Metal has done it twice. But Mister Miracle‘s continued performance may be the surprise for many, outselling Flash and Amazing Spider-Man with its third issue. And Babyteeth continues to sneak into the top ten too, outselling every Marvel title save Spidey.

1. Dark Nights: Metal #3
  2. Action Comics #989
  3. Detective Comics #966
  4. Mister Miracle #3
  5. Amazing Spider-Man #789
  6. Flash #32
  7. Wonder Woman #32
  8. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #30
  9. Justice League Of America #16
  10. Babyteeth #5

Thanks to the following retailers

And this is what they had to say,

No Marvel in our top ten this week. The Marvel lenticular covers have managed with their renumbering and images with titles of other books, to confuse customers. Dark Knights Metal 3 was of course the number one selling book this week. Image’s Walking Dead variant covers are giving Marvel’s titles a run for their money.

Everyones buying Dark Nights Metal – haven’t found anyone loving it, or raving about it, but they all buy it on the reputation of Snyder/Capullo’s past works.

Less interest this week on the Marvel books, but still another solid week with lots of good comics for everyone published by everyone.

—-

Is there anything bigger in comics than Dark Nights Metal? Sort of. The Button Hardcover did amazing and addtionally we had several requests for the individual issues despite the fact that the collected volume came out. NYCC no doubt boosted the hype for Doomsday Clock. All the Marvel Lenticulars performed decent despite not many crested the top 10. We just recently announced Donny Cates for a store signing on December 9th, and saw a rise in sales on Babyteeth, and the newly released comic format edition of Atomahawk sold really well. Wonder Woman has climbed to a higher position with James Robinson writing and the return of Grail.

—–

Metal is continuing its triumphant reign over the rest of the books that are coming out weekly. That looks like it’s going to be the status quo for as long as it has a title coming out. Action Comics came in second, followed closely behind by Babyteeth. Amazing Spider-Man made it to #7. DC books dominated the rest of the Top Ten. The Murder Machine and The Dawnbreaker are still selling consistently and managed to make it into the Top Twenty on their third and second weeks respectively.

Legacy barely has a leg to stand on. Amazing Spider-Man managed to break into the Top Ten for the first time in a long while. I don’t know if it was the Large Number or the new direction, but we’ll see if the numbers can hold. The only other Marvel books in the Top Twenty were Weapon X, Defenders, and X-Men Blue. All of which were outsold by Ragman of all the books. I can’t think of a Marvel book that’ll beat the (sadly low) sales of Amazing Spider-Man just based off the idea of Legacy. We’ll push Doctor Strange and Thanos as they’re being written by FFF favorite Donnie Cates, and the movies might help, but I just don’t see the numbers going up dramatically enough to make much of a difference.

Saga and All Star Batman both managed to sneak into the tail end of the Top Ten even on their third and second week.

—–

Marvel Lenticulars saw a few more people coming in for them this week, but Metal still outsold ANY of the Marvel books 3:1, Action was 2:1. Indy books are still solidly gaining new fans, as story and art content drive most readers decisions.
—–

Keeping with the pattern of the last few weeks, DC is still running the show sales-wise at our store. More specifically, Batman is lifting most of that weight. DARK NIGHTS METAL #3 is our top seller, showing there’s still plenty of steam in fan-favorite Bat-Team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

Also moving very well for us this week is MISTER MIRACLE #3, and it does my heart good to see Tom King and Mitch Gerads’ excellent, layered take on Scott Free proving to be such a hit.

In the middle of the pack, we had Marvel’s biggest seller for us this week: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #789, the first issue of that series to go back to legacy numbering in Marvel’s recent push to try and look backwards and forwards simultaneously.

The rest of our top sellers list is pretty much usual suspects: WONDER WOMAN #32, X-MEN BLUE #13, FLASH #32, and the like. I’m hoping it won’t be too long before we see something exciting shake up our weekly sales a bit.

—-
Metal #3 is our top seller this week with Mister Miracle #3 in second place, which is quickly becoming a pattern on weeks that they come out. Both books are holding strong, and Mister Miracle, especially, is something our customers get excited about when they see it in their pull. No Legacy titles made the top 10 this week, but three other Marvel titles did so it’s not all bad.

—-

Only one Marvel made our Top Ten list this week, and that was Amazing Spider-Man #789 in tenth place. Otherwise, the list was all DC. Negative response to Marvel Legacy has been very strong because customers are frustrated that they can’t just buy the lenticular variant covers they want at cover price. Unfortunately, we’ll have to adjust our numbers down to pre-Legacy quantities beginning next month, which is a shame–there are some good books in here that are getting overlooked because Marvel went for the sell-in rather than supporting the sell-through. (Maybe DC could initiate a program whereby we strip out unsold Marvel Legacy titles and ship ’em to DC for a limited Doomsday Clock variant?…)

And a few significant sales of the week…

Hulk #1 1.8 $7,200.00 Purchased at NYCC and sold the same week.

Night Nurse #1 Fine $80.00 Even though there are two iterations of the character in Marvel movies and tv shows I really didn’t expect this book to go for as much as it did. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Thor #165 8.5 $995.00 Grade is estimated as not a graded and slabbed book

Amazing Spider-Man #128 6.5 $68.00 The same customer also bought the 1:50 t-shirt variant for Spider-Man #789

Avengers Annual #7 6.0 $67.00

#31439 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@ursaber

@amazingfantasy

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th October 2017 – “Legacy Barely Has A Leg To Stand On”

This is the Top 10 Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And for a second time, every single shop is reporting that their bestseller for the week was Metal #3. It’s still a rare occurrence for any comic to do that given the disparate nature of comic shops, but Metal has done it twice. But Mister Miracle‘s continued performance may be the surprise for many, outselling Flash and Amazing Spider-Man with its third issue. And Babyteeth continues to sneak into the top ten too, outselling every Marvel title save Spidey.

1. Dark Nights: Metal #3
  2. Action Comics #989
  3. Detective Comics #966
  4. Mister Miracle #3
  5. Amazing Spider-Man #789
  6. Flash #32
  7. Wonder Woman #32
  8. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #30
  9. Justice League Of America #16
  10. Babyteeth #5

Thanks to the following retailers

And this is what they had to say,

No Marvel in our top ten this week. The Marvel lenticular covers have managed with their renumbering and images with titles of other books, to confuse customers. Dark Knights Metal 3 was of course the number one selling book this week. Image’s Walking Dead variant covers are giving Marvel’s titles a run for their money.

Everyones buying Dark Nights Metal – haven’t found anyone loving it, or raving about it, but they all buy it on the reputation of Snyder/Capullo’s past works.

Less interest this week on the Marvel books, but still another solid week with lots of good comics for everyone published by everyone.

—-

Is there anything bigger in comics than Dark Nights Metal? Sort of. The Button Hardcover did amazing and addtionally we had several requests for the individual issues despite the fact that the collected volume came out. NYCC no doubt boosted the hype for Doomsday Clock. All the Marvel Lenticulars performed decent despite not many crested the top 10. We just recently announced Donny Cates for a store signing on December 9th, and saw a rise in sales on Babyteeth, and the newly released comic format edition of Atomahawk sold really well. Wonder Woman has climbed to a higher position with James Robinson writing and the return of Grail.

—–

Metal is continuing its triumphant reign over the rest of the books that are coming out weekly. That looks like it’s going to be the status quo for as long as it has a title coming out. Action Comics came in second, followed closely behind by Babyteeth. Amazing Spider-Man made it to #7. DC books dominated the rest of the Top Ten. The Murder Machine and The Dawnbreaker are still selling consistently and managed to make it into the Top Twenty on their third and second weeks respectively.

Legacy barely has a leg to stand on. Amazing Spider-Man managed to break into the Top Ten for the first time in a long while. I don’t know if it was the Large Number or the new direction, but we’ll see if the numbers can hold. The only other Marvel books in the Top Twenty were Weapon X, Defenders, and X-Men Blue. All of which were outsold by Ragman of all the books. I can’t think of a Marvel book that’ll beat the (sadly low) sales of Amazing Spider-Man just based off the idea of Legacy. We’ll push Doctor Strange and Thanos as they’re being written by FFF favorite Donnie Cates, and the movies might help, but I just don’t see the numbers going up dramatically enough to make much of a difference.

Saga and All Star Batman both managed to sneak into the tail end of the Top Ten even on their third and second week.

—–

Marvel Lenticulars saw a few more people coming in for them this week, but Metal still outsold ANY of the Marvel books 3:1, Action was 2:1. Indy books are still solidly gaining new fans, as story and art content drive most readers decisions.

—–

Keeping with the pattern of the last few weeks, DC is still running the show sales-wise at our store. More specifically, Batman is lifting most of that weight. DARK NIGHTS METAL #3 is our top seller, showing there’s still plenty of steam in fan-favorite Bat-Team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

Also moving very well for us this week is MISTER MIRACLE #3, and it does my heart good to see Tom King and Mitch Gerads’ excellent, layered take on Scott Free proving to be such a hit.

In the middle of the pack, we had Marvel’s biggest seller for us this week: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #789, the first issue of that series to go back to legacy numbering in Marvel’s recent push to try and look backwards and forwards simultaneously.

The rest of our top sellers list is pretty much usual suspects: WONDER WOMAN #32, X-MEN BLUE #13, FLASH #32, and the like. I’m hoping it won’t be too long before we see something exciting shake up our weekly sales a bit.

—-

Metal #3 is our top seller this week with Mister Miracle #3 in second place, which is quickly becoming a pattern on weeks that they come out. Both books are holding strong, and Mister Miracle, especially, is something our customers get excited about when they see it in their pull. No Legacy titles made the top 10 this week, but three other Marvel titles did so it’s not all bad.

—-

Only one Marvel made our Top Ten list this week, and that was Amazing Spider-Man #789 in tenth place. Otherwise, the list was all DC. Negative response to Marvel Legacy has been very strong because customers are frustrated that they can’t just buy the lenticular variant covers they want at cover price. Unfortunately, we’ll have to adjust our numbers down to pre-Legacy quantities beginning next month, which is a shame–there are some good books in here that are getting overlooked because Marvel went for the sell-in rather than supporting the sell-through. (Maybe DC could initiate a program whereby we strip out unsold Marvel Legacy titles and ship ’em to DC for a limited Doomsday Clock variant?…)

And a few significant sales of the week…

Hulk #1 1.8 $7,200.00 Purchased at NYCC and sold the same week.

Night Nurse #1 Fine $80.00 Even though there are two iterations of the character in Marvel movies and tv shows I really didn’t expect this book to go for as much as it did. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Thor #165 8.5 $995.00 Grade is estimated as not a graded and slabbed book

Amazing Spider-Man #128 6.5 $68.00 The same customer also bought the 1:50 t-shirt variant for Spider-Man #789

Avengers Annual #7 6.0 $67.00

Yeah, With That, I Believe That Marvel Should Actually Consider Listening To Their Fans Considering How Their Current Statuses Are With Their Treatment Towards The Fans, Readers, Retailers, And Characters. Really, Right Now Only ASM Has Managed To Sell Well. But, How Long Do You Think That Series Would Actually Hold Up Considering How Far Dan Slott Might Take The Series And The Fans. I Mean, With How The Series Is, I Honestly Don't Think That Fans Nor Readers Would Actually Even Try To Tolerate It That Much. So, With How Their Current Statuses Are, They Should Definitely Listen And Start Apologizing To Their Fans, Readers, And Retailers, Otherwise They Along With Other Comic Companies Would Actually Suffer Some Casualties As Well. Also, They Really Need To Fire Dan Slott Since He's Already Proven Himself To Be A Problem In The Community As Well As The Industry. The Guy Has Actually Shown To Be Mistreating The Character, Fans, And Readers Even Harassing Them Online Even To The Point Where The Guy's Actions Are Criminal. Really, If Someone Like Slott Were To Stay Around With The Character And The Industry, You Might Actually See A Death Of A Character For A While Until A New Writer Who Actually Loves And Understands The Character Comes Forward And Tries To Fix And Improve Him. I Mean, Right Now With Slott And Zdarsky, The Character Now Has Double The Poison. I Mean, Righ Now We Have RYV And Spider-Man/Deadpool. But, If These Two Stayed Around In The Main Series, You Might Look At Not Only The Death Of A Character, But, Also A More Critical Condition To The Company. So, Really. If These Two Actually Stayed Around Long Enough, They May Look At A Serious Critical Condition Under These Guys. So, Right Now, Slott's Spider-Man Issue Is Doing Fine. But, That Was Just The First Issue Of The Arc. If Slott Continues To Mistreat The Fans, Readers, And This Series, I Don't Think This Series Would Hold Up Well With Guys Like Him In It. or The Series And Character To Succeed, They Need To Replace Slott With Someone Not Only Better. But, Ones Who Also Truly Love And Respect The Character And His Mythos As Much As The Fans Do. But, If Guys Like Slott And Zdarsky Were To Stay Around Long Enough To Do Somethin That Would Actually Effect The Character's Status. Then The Character Might Not Recover Until A New Writer Comes In And Steps Forward To Help The Character. Hopefully We'll Get That Soon Enough. In All Honesty, If Slott Stays Around Long Enough Until Like Maybe 800 Or 801 Which Would Feel Like Long Enough Considering The Condition The Series Is Going On Now, The Series Might As Well Feel More Toxic Enough As It Is.

#31440 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Does Anyone Here Know If There Are Gonna Be Any Cons Coming Up This Month Or The Next Following Months? Because I'd Really Like To See And Hear More Announcements Coming Up Because The One In New York Comic Con Didn't Actually Help Lifted My Spirit Quite A Bit Especially When It Mostly Has To Do With A Character And Series Such As Spider-Man. I'm REALLY Hoping For Some More New Announcements Coming Up Because With Guys Like Slott And Zdarsky And Nothing Else Much New There, Nothing Else Has Actually Got Me More Pumped Up For Anything Related To The Character. And Honestly, These Guys Have Done Some Toxic Stuff To The Character Long Enough. So, Anybody Else Gotten Some Kind Of Information Of When The Next Con Will Come Up If Any?

@animehunter

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82, @bjparks, @the_waffle

#31441 Posted by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

Looks like Slott got triggered by the BC top ten list, he came over on CBR to object to it:

I really wish people would stop looking at that BC feature as a legitimate "source". It's a handful of shops that are friendly with Rich and BC. With that comes a LOT of behind-the-scenes baggage. It's just a fancier version of anecdotal "evidence". And it *never* matches up with the actual rankings at the end of the month. Ever.

As a rule of thumb, anecdotal accounts from shop to shop say more about the shop than how well the books are received. And when they come from fans who give accounts of the "stacks and stacks" of any one book that are still on a rack, it says more about that particular fan's agenda than anything else.

I was repeatedly told-- even here on the CBR boards-- that there were "stacks and stacks" of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 on the shelves-- that the book was a full scale disaster and that no one was buying it. This anecdotal "evidence" was repeated over and over again as SSM #1 went back to press for a 2nd printing, and then a 3rd, and so on...

Remember during the first MARVEL NOW! initiative? When they had red bars along the bottom of books? When they went to second printing, they re-ran the cover with a blue bar. When they went to a 3rd printing, they made it green. One day I went up to the office and they had just ended a meeting to decide what color to make 4th printings because they had to send SSM back to press again and no Marvel Now book had gone to a 4th printing yet. That was the day Axel took me aside and told me that I could stay on Spidey for as long as I wanted. And on that SAME day, I went home, went online, and there was another person giving anecdotal evidence that there were stacks of SSM #1 (first run) on the racks of his store. And I told him to ship them to me, that I'd make a profit out of them, because they were going WAY over cover price on eBay, so they had to be selling out somewhere.

End of the day, my advice is don't trust anecdotal "evidence" of this stuff. Wait till the final/actual tallies come in

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#31442 Posted by blackspidey2099 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

Looks like Slott got triggered by the BC top ten list, he came over on CBR to object to it:

I really wish people would stop looking at that BC feature as a legitimate "source". It's a handful of shops that are friendly with Rich and BC. With that comes a LOT of behind-the-scenes baggage. It's just a fancier version of anecdotal "evidence". And it *never* matches up with the actual rankings at the end of the month. Ever.

As a rule of thumb, anecdotal accounts from shop to shop say more about the shop than how well the books are received. And when they come from fans who give accounts of the "stacks and stacks" of any one book that are still on a rack, it says more about that particular fan's agenda than anything else.

I was repeatedly told-- even here on the CBR boards-- that there were "stacks and stacks" of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 on the shelves-- that the book was a full scale disaster and that no one was buying it. This anecdotal "evidence" was repeated over and over again as SSM #1 went back to press for a 2nd printing, and then a 3rd, and so on...

Remember during the first MARVEL NOW! initiative? When they had red bars along the bottom of books? When they went to second printing, they re-ran the cover with a blue bar. When they went to a 3rd printing, they made it green. One day I went up to the office and they had just ended a meeting to decide what color to make 4th printings because they had to send SSM back to press again and no Marvel Now book had gone to a 4th printing yet. That was the day Axel took me aside and told me that I could stay on Spidey for as long as I wanted. And on that SAME day, I went home, went online, and there was another person giving anecdotal evidence that there were stacks of SSM #1 (first run) on the racks of his store. And I told him to ship them to me, that I'd make a profit out of them, because they were going WAY over cover price on eBay, so they had to be selling out somewhere.

End of the day, my advice is don't trust anecdotal "evidence" of this stuff. Wait till the final/actual tallies come in

LOL, he made that comment in the ASM 789 thread which I made. It's funny how he addressed the sales, but ignores everyone poking holes in the horrible logic and storytelling...

But tbh, he is right that these Bleeding Cool anecdotal analyses are far from accurate. I'd say wait for the actual sales numbers before commenting.

#31443 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

LOL, he made that comment in the ASM 789 thread which I made. It's funny how he addressed the sales, but ignores everyone poking holes in the horrible logic and storytelling...

But tbh, he is right that these Bleeding Cool anecdotal analyses are far from accurate. I'd say wait for the actual sales numbers before commenting.

Aren't There Other Sales Numbers That Show Their Exact Charts Other Than Bleedincool? Because Most Of Them Have Probably Been Stating The Same Thing. And Like Others Have Said, If They Don't Think Tha The Sales Are Actually Bad, Then Why Not Just Show Us Proof Of That? I Mean, Why Not Just Try And Show The Actual Sales Numbers To Try And Prove Us Wrong. Many Fans, Readers, And Retailers Have Actually Showed Us All The Sales Numbers. So, Why Not Do The Same Thing To Back Up Your Own Claims? I Mean, Why Not Just Show Us Some Bit Of Proof Instead Of Just Throwing The Same Kinds Of Insults? I Mean, Really. It's Pretty Much Just An Exact Waste Of Time If You Are Gonna Plan On Trying To Fool Around Instead Of Giving Us Some Sort Of Evidence Or Any Information.

#31444 Edited by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 Apparently someone on the article's comment section pointed to Comixology's sales for the week, and ASM was seventh place there.

And yes, I did notice Slott was remarkably...reserved when it came to that thread, focusing on the initial sales (seems to be all Marvel staff tend to object to these days) and not even addressing the criticisms, or, for that matter, Stillanerd's review, which he used to do a lot.

#31445 Posted by blackspidey2099 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 said:
@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

Aren't There Other Sales Numbers That Show Their Exact Charts Other Than Bleedincool? Because Most Of Them Have Probably Been Stating The Same Thing. And Like Others Have Said, If They Don't Think Tha The Sales Are Actually Bad, Then Why Not Just Show Us Proof Of That? I Mean, Why Not Just Try And Show The Actual Sales Numbers To Try And Prove Us Wrong. Many Fans, Readers, And Retailers Have Actually Showed Us All The Sales Numbers. So, Why Not Do The Same Thing To Back Up Your Own Claims? I Mean, Why Not Just Show Us Some Bit Of Proof Instead Of Just Throwing The Same Kinds Of Insults? I Mean, Really. It's Pretty Much Just An Exact Waste Of Time If You Are Gonna Plan On Trying To Fool Around Instead Of Giving Us Some Sort Of Evidence Or Any Information.

Yeah, I think Slott was telling us to wait for actual sales numbers (not BC) before making any claims about the state of ASM. Those are the numbers which come out at the end of each month. I'm not sure what you mean by fans, readers, and retailers showing us sales numbers, since they wouldn't have them...

@zariusii said:

@blackspidey2099 Apparently someone on the article's comment section pointed to Comixology's sales for the week, and ASM was seventh place there.

And yes, I did notice Slott was remarkably...reserved when it came to that thread, focusing on the initial sales (seems to be all Marvel staff tend to object to these days) and not even addressing the criticisms, or, for that matter, Stillanerd's review, which he used to do a lot.

Ahh, that's probably a better metric. But I'm more interested in how ASM is trending after Legacy, personally, than how it's doing against other books.

LOL, and yeah I think he's getting tired of going on forums and seeing criticism. TBH, I don't even know how he could address the criticisms in the thread since most of them were on point.

#31446 Edited by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

Yeah, I think Slott was telling us to wait for actual sales numbers (not BC) before making any claims about the state of ASM. Those are the numbers which come out at the end of each month. I'm not sure what you mean by fans, readers, and retailers showing us sales numbers, since they wouldn't have them...

I Meant That The Fans, Readers, And Retailers Have Actually Showed Us Some Of The Sales Numbers While Some Of The People Are Too Ignorant And Arrogant To Show Us Any.

@zariusii said:

Ahh, that's probably a better metric. But I'm more interested in how ASM is trending after Legacy, personally, than how it's doing against other books.

LOL, and yeah I think he's getting tired of going on forums and seeing criticism. TBH, I don't even know how he could address the criticisms in the thread since most of them were on point.

Well TBH Here, Most Of Us Would Like To See The Spider-Man Series Succeed In The Charts Because He's Suppose To Be A Flagship Character. But, The Character Does Need Some Better Writers And Creators Who Actually Do Love And Understand The Character As Much As The Fans Do. And As Beloved Flagship Character Such As Spidey, The Character Really Deserves Some Better Treatment In His Series.

#31447 Edited by ZariusII (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 Usually his favourite way of deflecting on-point criticism is to accuse the reader of interpreting it differently than what he had intended on the page.

#31448 Posted by blackspidey2099 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@blackspidey2099 Usually his favourite way of deflecting on-point criticism is to accuse the reader of interpreting it differently than what he had intended on the page.

lmao. idk whether to laugh or cry...

#31450 Edited by MarvelMan92 (4072 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@itsaworld

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

@blacksuit

@magnetic_eye

What BC list ??

It's Actually Bleedingcool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.