Action 6 News [CVnU]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Catalyst

This is Action Six News with your host George Kelmer. Tonight's debate between Governor Rose O'Malley and contender Greg Dorian promises to be a memorable one. The main topic up for debate? Mutant "rights", and their recent "acceptance" by polite society. Governor O'Malley claims that the repeal of the Meta-Human Registration Act had resulted in a freer, safer America, while her contender Greg Dorian suggests that the exact opposite is true. He claims that having "walking nukes with feelings" running about unannounced puts everyone, especially those least able to defend themselves.

What do you think Linda?

Well George, as you know I have two beautiful, wonderful girls at home, and I'm just worried that one of these days one of their "classmates", perhaps an unidentified, uncontrolled mutant, will finally explode.

That is a scary thought Linda.

Isn't it? Children are not exactly known for their self-control. One kickball loss and some children might not make it home. I'm scared for them every day. I've bought them games and movies, anything to keep them from leaving the house. How does this constant fear of unregistered mutants make me or my family free?

Wow. Something to think about. Stay tuned, Delaware, next up is Donnie Jules with this weekend's forecast! Something tells me we are in for one HOT Summer. Stay tuned.

Venezuela...

No Caption Provided

Gothic City...

No Caption Provided

Grimm...

No Caption Provided

The list goes on and on. How long can we allow mutants and meta-humans to dictate the condition of our world? Of our lives, or those of our families?

No Caption Provided

How long will we entrust peace to the whims of a few men with inhuman power?

How long will we consent to be at their mercy? To live on borrowed time, on the time that THEY allow? How long until we start to protect ourselves from tragedy, rather than mourn after?

No Caption Provided

Greg Dorian knows that this issue is one that concerns all citizens, and he is intent on setting things right once more by reinstating former president Tony Stark's Meta-Human Registration Act in the state of Delaware. Vote for safety. Vote for peace of mind.Vote Greg Dorian for governor.

No Caption Provided

I am former senator Greg Dorian, and I approve this message.

*This has been a paid advertisement by the Humans First Foundation.

NEW!!!

QUINTUPLE STUFFED SCOREOS!

No Caption Provided

Now with more basketball flavor in every bite! Buy now and...

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I placed Metro City in Delaware, Paragon (as Keira Hawke) will NOT be voting for that Governor. ~_^

Awesome write up. ^_^

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Thank you! I was actually about to message you about the DSA's downsizing and an interview with Sarah Jones, if that's you as well.

Figured it could be an interesting interview, considering the anti meta bent on the station.

Adam_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it lol

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: Your welcome. And yes that is me and we can do that if you want. ^_^

Jungala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool!

Sequitur_Crix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PRO REG!!!
PRO REG!!!

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!!!! ??

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Catalyst

@paragonxxx: @sarah_and_lara:

Wow, what a game! You're back with Action 6 News, the only news that takes you right into the action! I'm George Kelmer, your host for tonight.

Here with me in the studio tonight is Department of Superhuman Affairs Director Sarah Jones! Ms. Jones, it is an honor and a pleasure. We're so happy you're here.

Now, what our viewers want to know is, why did the Department of Superhuman affairs scale down in light of recent events? Is it not true that meta-human activity has actually increased in recent years, what with the events in Grimm err-- I mean Valor City, Gothic, and even outside our borders, in Venezuela and Solace City? It seems to me, and many of our viewers, that if anything the DSA should be increasing its presence, considering how turbulent and unsure our times appear to be.

Kelmer took care to make his face appear completely flat, to nod when appropriate, to feign concern and understanding when needed. These were simple enough inquiries, but they were also prods, meant to guide the conversation where he wished it to go.

Here's something that just came in off of our Twitter page (isn't technology grand?), MrBipperBobbins asks: "Why is it that so many mutants are attacking regular people, yet so many positions of power in the DSA belong to mutants? Aren't they worried they might be too easy on their fellow mutants?" An interesting question for certain, and one we've heard quite a bit ever since your department was founded. Would you care to comment?

Oh, wait, I'm being told there's actually more. Apparently MrBipperBobbins goes on to ask "Why is it that so many of these mutants are actually offered jobs, working for the US government, rather than simply being observed? Is that not a type of government handout designed to subsidize life as a mutant?" Another good question from Mr. Bobbins. Director?

Would you care to comment?
Would you care to comment?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: Small correction there, but Sarah is not a mutant. She's human and her identity as Starblade is not public knowledge. ^_^

You'll have an IC response to this either later today, tomorrow or Sunday. ^_^

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: (Changed. If it's still inaccurate let me know!)

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slow going.

You don't know the half of it, Glost.

Still know more than you do, Herric. Donovan Glost, president of the HFF, smirked his patented, unbearably smug smirk, and lowered the still steaming tea onto the dainty little saucer Mitchell Herric had provided, swiping his long, platinum blonde hair out of his eyes as he did so. The tea was weak, and a weak chamomile to boot. Simply undrinkable.

We've been hemorrhaging funds since the Registration Act was repealed. There doesn't look to be much hope of garnering much action in the coming election either. Dorian is losing the youth vote thanks to all the hip, young metas running around. The positive spin on the hero angle is insane right now. Every John, Jim and Mary knows somebody who was saved by some mask or another. He's down 12 points in the polls among adults 18-25. He's a dead fish, Don.

Donovan Glost seemed entirely unphased by the pessimistic predictions of his associate, lifted the cup of tea to his lips once more before he catching whiff of the weak tincture within and, remembering his disappointment, lowers it gingerly onto the saucer once more, shaking his head as he does so.

Tut, tut, tut, Herric. Haven't you learned to trust me yet? The campaign hasn't even started in earnest yet. Just trust me. He smiles gingerly at his comrade, pityingly, almost. The man has no imagination AND no taste in tea. Such a shame.

Don't you know, Herric? Donovan Glost always has a plan.

Downtown Dover City, Delaware

Spotted her. Yes I'm sure. What do you take me for, an amateur? Uh huh. No. Yeah. Orangish hair, hairclip always on the right side, five foot five-ish, looks like a middle-schooler, sparks shooting up sometimes. Yeah. IT's HER! Gee-Frickin'-US! YES! Look, you tell Glost to shove it. If I wanted somebody micromanaging my ass and second-guessing every move I make I would have stayed at home with my wife.

Yeah. Yeah our volunteers are here. Of course they're fitted with the devices. No, no. Told 'em it'd be a minor shock. Like a taser. Yeah. In position too. Shouldn't be a problem, nearest patrol car's gotta be a mile away. We'll be first on for sure. Yeah. Yep. Oh, it's gonna be a hell of a show. Yeah, ha ha ha, yeah... I gotta give it to 'im, Donny's a pain the ass, but he's got a hulluvan imagination. This oughta be fun...

Rebecca Long stands at a busy street corner, microphone in hand, waiting for the cue from her cameraman/director/boyfriend/maybe soon-to-be ex-boyfriend.

What do you mean, Marcus? How am I supposed to "look cheerful, but respectable and serious"? You mean I don't look respectable right now? And why are we out here anyway?

Marcus shook his head. She knew perfectly well why, but she never tired of making her point. Well the debates are on in a couple of hours. When else are we supposed to take a litmus test of the public's opinion on mutants and metas?

Ugh. But it's so hot, and I was supposed to be in the commentator's booth by 7! I've got a master's in Journalism AND poli-sci. I swear they're always wasting me on this fluff stuff when I could be doing some real work...

Marcus Stain knew she was right. She was a smart woman, capable, personable (when she wanted to be), stunningly beautiful, and as quick witted as they came. It was why the lump in his throat had begun to form. He didn't want her to be involved in this. He'd begged Herric and the rest to choose somebody else, but she was pretty. She was personable. She was smart, and capable, and quick witted...

And losing her would be a tragedy for the community. He knew that. He just wished it wasn't her.

Rebecca sighed to herself and focused on taking the outside perspective, like she always told herself to. Did she get what she wanted? Maybe not, but by being out in the field without complaint (assuming Mark kept his trap shut about her complaining) she would show how versatile and willing to adapt she could be. So what if they had her doing "man-on-the-street" interviews? She was more than equipped for those, and beyond that, this was still her name on the job. She could either pout and scream (and possibly never be trusted by channel 6 again) or put her name on it, own it, and really make the best of the situation.

Well, I'm no quitter... and I am the best there is in front of a camera...

Alright, fine. I'll take this one, but you owe me dinner for this Mark.

Yeah, sure, anything. Let's just get this done.

Marcus lifted his camera and began filming, the dread rising in his gut.

Ok, the older people first. You now, a proper sample.

So who are you supporting in the election next month, sir?

Oh, I don't know, probably ol' Rosey O'Malley. We old farts gotta stick together you know? Heh heh heh....

And you ma'am, what do you think about Mr. Dorian's proposal to reinstate the Registration Act?

Well the way I see it...

Finally Marcus spotted her. The one they were looking for. She was just as they described, maybe a little cuter than he expected a mud-gene to be. She was a short little squirt, a little like his kid sister...

His stomach turned while he stared, paralyzed by the idea of what he was now supposed to set in motion. She walked along, seemingly carefree, or maybe taking care to project that sort of air about her. Either way, she had to be ignorant of what was about to happen, walking along ignorant while he contemplated doing the unthinkable: destroying what little peace she still had left in her life.

Maybe it's not her. It can't be. She's just a regular girl...

But the parted hair, the oddly orange tint blazing throughout, gave her away. It was her. He knew it was, which meant he had no choice but to follow through.

His stomach churned and squeezed, his throat tightened into a wiry knot. The reality of what was about to happen, of what he was about to do, finally began to settle in his mind. Distressed as he was, he still managed to choke out his last allotted line.

What about... her, the-- the kid He choked on the word.

Rebecca looked up, annoyed that he would even suggest a child. She was a real reporter, a political correspondent, why would she be giving out Nickelodeon style, "Kid's Choice Award" interviews?

Her? Why would I interview her? She's not even of voting age. She can't be more than 13. What do you expect me to do, slime the girl if she gets the question wrong?

Well, first of all, she's cute, and that's good for ratings. Plus, it's important to involve the next generation, and all that. You know... he wanted to continue, but suddenly his throat was sandpaper and glass.

Oh God, Becca is gonna notice. There's no way this slips by her... She's too perceptive, too smart, too kind, too feeling a person to not notice me screwing this up...

And notice she did. But Rebecca Long, for her part, did not act on what she observed. She had always prided herself on her laser focus, and when her mind was made up on doing the random, catch-as-catch can interviews, she had decided to devote her full attention there. If Marcus had something bothering him, he would have to wait until after the interviews were done.

That's true... good ratings... huh? Yeah. It might be interesting to see what the kids think of all this, but I kind of doubt she'll even know what we're talking about. When I was young I was more concerned about what Nancy Drew was up to rather than who Anthony Stark was and what, or who, he was doing...

But it's worth a shot.

Yeah... it's worth a shot. And you're right. She is adorable. She'll make for great TV. C'mon then!

Yeah...

Rebecca Long, age 22, sauntered over to the young girl she saw non-chalantly walking the streets of Dover. With a bright smile (and in an exaggeratedly cheerful voice) she asked the stock question she'd been asking all day.

"Hi there, I'm Rebecca Long with Action 6 News. We're out here today doing interviews, trying to get a feel for what people think about gubernatorial candidate Gregory Dorian's proposal to reinstate the Meta-Human Registration Act in Delaware. Do you know who that is, and what that act does?"

Long smiled invitingly, coaxing the girl into the interview while simultaneously blocking her current path, adjusting her angle to allow the camera to capture the best light to frame both her and her guest. Oddly enough, it made Marcus love her even more. That she could be so attentive, so accommodating, so thorough in everything she did... the way she smiled, the mischievous twinkle in her eye when she thought she had the girl stumped...

He bit his lip and choked back a gasping sob, for once glad that his face was hidden away by the heavy camera equipment.

@soliton

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohh, this is what you were referencing.

Love it. I feel I need to do something about it.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Well this street interview is in a public place. Anybody could be coming along at any time. I certainly won't stop you from coming along!

Somebody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst:

Oh, you sly b@$%@# ds. ;P
Oh, you sly b@$%@# ds. ;P

Read your posts. Interesting. Nice approach. I like the setup for the RP with Soliton. Definitely gonna keep an eye on this.

Avatar image for deactivated-634b031e20c47
deactivated-634b031e20c47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst:

Wow, what a game! You're back with Action 6 News, the only news that takes you right into the action! I'm George Kelmer, your host for tonight.

Here with me in the studio tonight is Department of Superhuman Affairs Director Sarah Jones! Ms. Jones, it is an honor and a pleasure. We're so happy you're here.

Sarah smiles politely as she is welcomed here, "Thank you, I'm glad to be here." She doesn't show it, but she's nervous. She has no idea how this is going to go. Will she end up looking bad? Will she look good? Who knows. It all depends on how well she can answer some deep questions she is expecting. The media needs to know, the people do too. No doubt, people have questions. Which is why Sarah is even here.

Now, what our viewers want to know is, why did the Department of Superhuman affairs scale down in light of recent events? Is it not true that meta-human activity has actually increased in recent years, what with the events in Grimm err-- I mean Valor City, Gothic, and even outside our borders, in Venezuela and Solace City? It seems to me, and many of our viewers, that if anything the DSA should be increasing its presence, considering how turbulent and unsure our times appear to be.

Sarah is not one to water down the truth, not in this case. The people deserve to know the current state of affairs. So, she decides to answer honestly, "That's a very good point and also fair to ask. Where was the DSA during the Valor City crisis, where were we in Gothic City and why didn't we prevent Solace City from being taken over by a terrorist? Our viewers have already asked these questions in our newspapers and those are very fair questions. That is why I am here now. I'm not going to shy away from the truth. As the Director of the DSA, I failed the America people because I should have had the DSA be there in those cities to meet the crisis occurring within. But I was not. There is no answer I can give that will satisfy anyone. I failed, not the DSA, and that's on me. However, during the recent crisis in Metro City, the DSA defended it's home. We managed to avert a crisis. So, because of that, the DSA has been scaled down to protect the city we call home and the only city we have managed to protect since it's obvious we're doing such a poor job protecting others. The world needs better protectors and, I am sad to say, the DSA isn't it."

Here's something that just came in off of our Twitter page (isn't technology grand?), MrBipperBobbins asks: "Why is it that so many mutants are attacking regular people, yet so many positions of power in the DSA belong to mutants? Aren't they worried they might be too easy on their fellow mutants?" An interesting question for certain, and one we've heard quite a bit ever since your department was founded. Would you care to comment?

Oh, wait, I'm being told there's actually more. Apparently MrBipperBobbins goes on to ask "Why is it that so many of these mutants are actually offered jobs, working for the US government, rather than simply being observed? Is that not a type of government handout designed to subsidize life as a mutant?" Another good question from Mr. Bobbins. Director?

Sarah is about to speak when he asks if she cares to comment but there's more. So, she waits patiently and then decides to answer the question someone asked from Twitter, "Those are very good questions and I hope I can clarify them for you. The mutants that work for the DSA view their jobs the same way a police officer does. If they find a mutant breaking the law, they aren't afraid to bring that mutant in. Mutants are people too, I believe that and that is why so many mutants have positions within this organization. But just as with everyone else, there are mutant criminals and the DSA will arrest them regardless if they are mutant, alien, cyborg or otherwise. They break the law, we will take them in."

Then Sarah answers the next few questions, "The reason why we offer mutants jobs is, as I stated a bit earlier, mutants are people too and they need jobs just as you or I do. Just because they are born different, doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same rights. I may be human myself, I'm not a mutant. But when I look back on our history, I see racism and prejudiced people made issues about skin color, about women and now it's about mutants. When will this all end? Yes, Mutants are dangerous. They can, and have, used their powers for nefarious purposes. But so do humans. Humans like me don't have powers, but give us a gun, a bomb, resources, and we can be almost as dangerous. While the DSA does monitor mutant activity, and others with extraordinary power, we also wish to offer these people a job. A chance to benefit society instead of damaging it."

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Catalyst

@sarah_and_lara: Patience. That's the name of the game.

That's a very good point and also fair to ask. Where was the DSA during the Valor City crisis, where were we in Gothic City and why didn't we prevent Solace City from being taken over by a terrorist? Our viewers have already asked these questions in our newspapers and those are very fair questions. That is why I am here now. I'm not going to shy away from the truth. As the Director of the DSA, I failed the America people because I should have had the DSA be there in those cities to meet the crisis occurring within. But I was not. There is no answer I can give that will satisfy anyone. I failed, not the DSA, and that's on me. However, during the recent crisis in Metro City, the DSA defended it's home. We managed to avert a crisis. So, because of that, the DSA has been scaled down to protect the city we call home and the only city we have managed to protect since it's obvious we're doing such a poor job protecting others. The world needs better protectors and, I am sad to say, the DSA isn't it."

And we would very much like to thank the DSA for its attempts at protecting the people of Delaware, of course. A furrowed brow, a well practiced look of sincerity, of empathy.

"Those are very good questions and I hope I can clarify them for you. The mutants that work for the DSA view their jobs the same way a police officer does. If they find a mutant breaking the law, they aren't afraid to bring that mutant in. Mutants are people too, I believe that and that is why so many mutants have positions within this organization. But just as with everyone else, there are mutant criminals and the DSA will arrest them regardless if they are mutant, alien, cyborg or otherwise. They break the law, we will take them in."

George Kelmer nodded and, on occasion, even smiled a thin, but patient, smile. He seemed to ponder her statements, hands folded neatly in front of him, until finally he felt he had heard enough and felt he needed to "clarify".

Oh, hold on there, Ms. Jones. Now, as I understand it, what you're describing here, that mutant-kind are "just like us", I think that that requires a little bit of nuance, don't you? People-- normal people, mind you-- we share a few experiences, certainly, but for mutant-Americans there are many more potent, shared experiences. Surely you would not deny that there is a culture of ill-treatment toward mutants in many parts of the country, perhaps, to some small degree, even here? Surely you don't mean to deny the bonding experience of shared suffering, do you? Kelmer seemed oddly proud, almost gloating, as he feigned a look of speculative curiosity. It was restrained, certainly, but just as certainly, it was there. Sarah Jones could simply sense it in the air around him, in the somewhat disbelieving, somewhat smug furrow of his brow, the look of incredulity mixed in there with the questioning curiosity as he shook his head almost imperceptibly.

The reason why we offer mutants jobs is, as I stated a bit earlier, mutants are people too and they need jobs just as you or I do. Just because they are born different, doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same rights. I may be human myself, I'm not a mutant. But when I look back on our history, I see racism and prejudiced people made issues about skin color, about women and now it's about mutants. When will this all end? Yes, Mutants are dangerous. They can, and have, used their powers for nefarious purposes. But so do humans. Humans like me don't have powers, but give us a gun, a bomb, resources, and we can be almost as dangerous. While the DSA does monitor mutant activity, and others with extraordinary power, we also wish to offer these people a job. A chance to benefit society instead of damaging it."

Again, Kelmer interrupted. He threw up his hands as through surrendering, but instead pressed forward.

Whoa! Hold on now Ms. Jones! Now no one is suggesting that mutants do not have rights or that they do not deserve the chance to make a living. In fact, I am sure that many people, myself included, are glad that your organization has managed to corral so many mutants into a place where they can do some actual good in the world. The only nitpick I believe our viewer here may have is that mutants seem to obtain these "jobs" purely by grounds of the "talent" (as many call it) that they are born with. Does that not seem to you to be an unfair system that benefits, almost exclusively, people who have a trait that they cannot choose to have? I mean, who among us would not take the powers of Superion, or Thee Champion, or any other mutant or meta-human if given the chance? I believe the gripe that our viewers are presenting is that it is unfair to hire mutants based solely on the fact that they are mutants. Understandably, you are hesitant to permit a human to attempt this type of work, but I assure you that with the right technology (such as that of Avalon, or perhaps a requisition of Maverick's old arsenal, or even some of the technology now flowing out of mutant-controlled Venezuela) a human can present plenty of challenge for a mutant, so why not hire us on? You said it yourself, we're plenty dangerous, and so, plenty capable, with bombs and weapons.

And by the way, you brought up another very interesting point. You claim that mutants "have the same rights", but is that really true? In the same breath you said you also "monitor mutant activity", and this seems to imply, to me at least, a form of active surveillance not condoned with "normal" Americans. Is that correct? AT what point does your job end? What is private, and would the Meta-Human Registration Act, which makes all of this public knowledge, not be preferable to what some people are calling the"secret police" program that they accuse the DSA of being? At that moment, before she could respond, Kelmer glanced down at an ornate gold and platinum watch on his wrist. And we'll get to Sarah Jones' responses right after these messages. Stay tuned.

A smug smile crossed his face as he breathed a long, drawn out sigh. Thanks for coming by, by the way. You have no idea how hard it is to book guests from Metro-City in a little town like this. He clasped his hands together, seemingly amicable, but she could still sense the cold disdain radiating from the stiffness of his shoulders, from the way the smile did not touch his eyes.

Commercial Break

In a world of increasing uncertainty and risk, where anyone could be stronger, faster, and tougher than should be humanly possible, there is only one person who can protect your family.

No Caption Provided

You.
You.

No Caption Provided

Protect yourself. Protect your home. Protect your family.

With new, Stag-Eye Security four gauge shotgun shells, now available at all major hunting and fishing retail stores.

Avatar image for deactivated-634b031e20c47
deactivated-634b031e20c47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst:

Sarah hides her own smugness, but keeps it well hidden. She knows she is getting to this guy a little bit. She can tell. But it's obvious by now that this man is trying to discredit mutants and possibly the DSA. She wouldn't even be here if it hand't been for Monica Waller ordering her to be here. During the commercial break, Sarah takes a drink of water. Before the commercial ends and they are back on the air, Sarah hears him addressing her.

A smug smile crossed his face as he breathed a long, drawn out sigh. Thanks for coming by, by the way. You have no idea how hard it is to book guests from Metro-City in a little town like this. He clasped his hands together, seemingly amicable, but she could still sense the cold disdain radiating from the stiffness of his shoulders, from the way the smile did not touch his eyes.

Sarah gives yet another of those pleasant smiles, silently thinking to herself, Boy, I wonder why? But she already knows the answer to that question. "Your welcome. Might I suggest you try and book Maxine Maxima next time? I think you'd like her." Sarah doesn't get the chance to speak much more when they are back.

Oh, hold on there, Ms. Jones. Now, as I understand it, what you're describing here, that mutant-kind are "just like us", I think that that requires a little bit of nuance, don't you? People-- normal people, mind you-- we share a few experiences, certainly, but for mutant-Americans there are many more potent, shared experiences. Surely you would not deny that there is a culture of ill-treatment toward mutants in many parts of the country, perhaps, to some small degree, even here? Surely you don't mean to deny the bonding experience of shared suffering, do you?

Once more, Sarah smiles. She knows the man has that air of smugness about him. Like he's proud of something, even almost gloating. After quickly saying what he said to her, including his question, she says in response, "Oh there's plenty of that, I don't deny it." But before the man can interrupt, Sarah continues as quickly as she can, "But even you cannot deny there has been a needless amount of fear, racism and prejudiced people who look at a mutant and fear the unknown simply because they are different? The DSA seeks to help them find a better path in life rather then give society an excuse to hate them. Isn't that a good thing?"

Sarah gives him a subtle look, a questioning look as if to ask, Would you deny them a chance to be better?

If Sarah has to sit here and be uncomfortable, she's going to do her best to this guy. Now to address the next thing.

Understandably, you are hesitant to permit a human to attempt this type of work, but I assure you that with the right technology (such as that of Avalon, or perhaps a requisition of Maverick's old arsenal, or even some of the technology now flowing out of mutant-controlled Venezuela) a human can present plenty of challenge for a mutant, so why not hire us on? You said it yourself, we're plenty dangerous, and so, plenty capable, with bombs and weapons.

"I'm glad you brought that up. We do hire people who have no powers. We have people wearing power armor and wield fantastic levels of technology to meet a super powered threat. I will make an effort to hire more men and women like that. Please know, that hiring a mutant or meta-human with a specific talent is simply to fight super-human crime more effectively, much the same way as other agencies would hire a cryptographer to decode messages instead of an archaeologist." And that's all she says about that, provided she isn't interrupted first.

Now to address the final point and questions the man man made.

And by the way, you brought up another very interesting point. You claim that mutants "have the same rights", but is that really true? In the same breath you said you also "monitor mutant activity", and this seems to imply, to me at least, a form of active surveillance not condoned with "normal" Americans. Is that correct? AT what point does your job end? What is private, and would the Meta-Human Registration Act, which makes all of this public knowledge, not be preferable to what some people are calling the"secret police" program that they accuse the DSA of being?

"If Hitler were still alive, wouldn't you monitor him? Why? Because he's a criminal. We monitor criminals who wield dangerous powers in order to keep America, now Metro City, safe. If we didn't do that, then we'd fail at our jobs." Sarah knows a lot of Americans will see it the same way, but there are lot of Americans who won't. It's a polarizing debate. Security over freedom, privacy over being safe. It's a hard issue to deal with and there is no easy answer.

At the next commercial break, Sarah rises from her seat and offers to shake his hand, "Thanks for having me here, but I have to go."

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fun to read.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarah_and_lara:

The conversation had not gone as planned, and Sarah Jones had actually deflated a lot of their claims of bias in hiring. It was a dangerous gambit, they knew when they broached the subject. She could easily bring up the facts and figures on the matter, and that she did. They do hire normal people, they do provide the technology to combat metas, they will make an effort to hire more of those people based on the public's concerns, and the mutants were hired to take advantage of special skills (as opposed to implication that they hired them wholesale, an underlying accusation he would have preferred to maintain intact throughout the interview.

His smile grew ever more tense. He simply nodded and kept his mouth shut, preferring to let her speak until the end to address her points. Then she rolled into overtime, and the crew signaled for a break. He'd lost his chance. Well, he'd get her after the--

"Thanks for having me here, but I have to go."

break. He'd lost it. Lost control of the message. He fumed, the skin around his neck taking on a reddish tint. Still he smiled his terse, thin little smile.

Completely understandable. I realize there is only so much time a person such as yourself has for interviews like these. Thank you again for your time and for your work as a DSA agent and patriot.

Then it was back to business as usual.

Except she got the last word on you, George-y boy. Made a mess of things. Made you look like a preening simpleton. She sicced the cat on your tongue, and you let her get a hold of it too long. Stupid.

Business as usual. A breath, make-up, a drink of water, and action.

Up next, terror in piggy paradise. How tourists are unintentionally killing these swimming pigs in the Bahamas, and what you need to know to avoid doing the same. Over to you, Jerry.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: Thanks for the RP! Please let me know if you want to do it again. ^_^

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx:Sure thing! I'm always happy to RP, and you really helped me get back in the swing of things! Thanks for the ability to take pot shots at your organization too =P

@rosso: I always appreciate the kind words! We need to RP sometime soon!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: Your welcome! ^_^

If you click on "Show Bio" You'll see a link to "My List of Characters". Please let me know if you ever, at anytime, want to RP with any of them and we'll set something up. ^_^

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

This is fun to read.

The commercial inserts add a cool layer.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: I LOVE the commercials. One of those "outside the box" things you might not think to include, but when someone actually does it's like "wow, almost obvious." But now if anybody else did it they're just biting his style.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: I'll toss some spaghetti at you and see what sticks.

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f514b6ead6d5
deactivated-5f514b6ead6d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_catalyst: Careful, Rosso is an assassin. That spaghetti she threw is laced with poison. ~_^

The_Catalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Catalyst

Let's go to Tony Danderman in Action Chopper Six! How're things looking out there, Tony?

Well George, traffic down the 13 has literally stopped as construction continues. We recommend transferring onto the 15 and then transferring back onto the 13 past the construction site near Carpenter Bridge. Aside from that there is some light traffic on the 1 going North from Dover to Metro City, as it seems yet another traffic collision has been caused by lookie-loos trying to keep an eye on some of Metro City's flashier, high-flying heroes. Just a friendly reminder, folks, rubbernecking leads to accidents, and it can be construed as distracted driving, which is illegal in the state of Delaware. Stay safe out there folks, and keep your eyes on the road! Back to you in the studio, George!

Thank you for that, Tony. That actually brings us to a related report: Are superheroes actually causing traffic collisions? A study recently published by the National Traffic and Highway Administration seems to suggest so. In cities where prominent superheroes take up residence, there has been shown to be, on average, a 3% increase in traffic collisions for every "major event" in which a hero takes part. This number actually increases to a whopping 5% if the hero has the ability to take flight, and 10% if they have an ability that allows them to "drastically increase their size or otherwise appear prominently in such a way as to take up 15% or more of a driver's viewing area". This study did not differentiate between so called "villains" or the "heroes" that combat them, but one thing has been made sufficiently clear. If you find yourself too distracted by one of these superhero punch-ups, you should do yourself and your fellow drivers a favor: pull over, watch the melee, then get back on the road.

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ACTION6NEWS

@zauberin@rosso:

Sorry to have summoned you like this, but is there any way to transfer ownership of this thread to this account?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rosso

@action6news: Unfortunately not, sir. You'd have to make a new thread, or post with that account here from now on and switch when you wanted to edit.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nordok  Moderator

@action6news: If you wanted to copy/paste the OP into a new thread under this account, we could lock this one. Since it's relatively new, you wouldn't lose much content that way.

ACTION6NEWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ACTION6NEWS

@nordok:Sure, that'll work. I'll do that.

Thanks guys!

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nordok  Moderator

@action6news: No prob! Just give one of us a yell if you ever want this one unlocked.