Will Avengers: Endgame become the Highest Grossing Film of all time?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Avengers: Endgame become the Highest Grossing Film of all time? (216 votes)

Yes 38%
No 48%
Poll Results 15%

Infinity War is the 4th highest grossing film of all time atm. With so much Hype and anticipation, do you think Endgame will the impossible and end Avatar's reign as the highest grossing film of all time? Or do you think it will fall like its predecessor

I personally think and hope it will beat Avatar. Avatar's had this title for 9 years now and i think it's time for a new (and better) film to surpass it. And if there's one film that deserves to beat it, it's Endgame

• 
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I wasn’t triggered, I was annoyed. Learn to read properly. Also, instead of making a load weak assumptions, you could try just talking like normal person.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: triggered = annoyed. For someone who doesn’t care you seem to care an awful lot.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: The fact that Endgame has a CinemaScore of A+ which is extremely rare by the way and the fact it has better reviews and Rotten Tomatoes score than IW proves your factually wrong about the rewatch ability of a Endgame. If anything Endgame will make more than IW and have even better legs. Not saying it’ll beat Avatar but this movie making over 2 billion is amazing. There won’t be many other films reaching the level of the Avengers going forward.

I swear people who say dumb shit like this make me lose my brain cells. Rotten tomatoes mean absolutely nothing. Ant Man and the wasp and Dr. Strange have a better Tomato score than Infinity war. Means nothing. The last Jedi and Ant man and the wasp have better tomato score than Mos and batman begins but theyre laughably worse. Most critics are biased or hyped.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lone_wolf_and_cub: The idea that you can’t tell the difference between these two things is hilarious. If anything, you are taking this more seriously has made you triggered. Also, you care WAY more than I do since you keep coming back for now reason. Seriously, get a life ?????. I guess talking trash about Endgame has really brought out the MCU worshipping fanatic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's held up by hype right now but when people realize it doesnt live up to the hype at all sales will slow down. Probably still a 2 billion dollar movie though.

Just because you don't think it lives up to the hype, doesn't make it true.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I think it will beat Avatar now, 3B is also possible...

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: you sound triggered

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I’m going to miss these deep talks with you. Sorry I hurt your feelings champ.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how this weekend goes. If it suffers a normal drop it's still going to be around the 2nd biggest weekend of all time. It's hard to predict.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huthimamwa: I tagged you because you (among others) doubted Endgame surpassing IW.

No. No I did not. Nothing I ever said even remotely suggested this.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar made 2 billion dollars in foreign markets alone. That just seems unrealistic.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By huthimamwa

You took Endgame's WORLDWIDE opening night gross

@higherpower said:

"Endgame cracked 300 million by opening day."

And compared it to IW's DOMESTIC opening weekend gross.

@higherpower said:

"IW made 257 mill throughout opening weekend."

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Anyone with half a brain can see that. You took a factor with an inherently higher number and applied it to Endgame. You took a seperate factor with an inherently lower number and applied it to Infinity War. That is using false-logic.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: he had good scenes with the guardians of the galaxy and cap. He just wasn’t a one man wrecking crew like he was in infinity war. However, he was integral to the plot and did a lot. Heck, don’t forget what he did to thanos in the first 20 minutes. No one saw that coming. He just didn’t have any “battle forum feats”. That movie wasn’t about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc7073397bd
deactivated-5ccc7073397bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has the best shot of any movie for the foreseeable future.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: all of them for comedy. And aren't we talking about fat thor? He did nothing but crack jokes at inappropriate times and drink. Man he only came for the mission because there was beer on the ship

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no, with confidence a couple month ago.

But I was wrong to be so sure. It could happen. No saying it will, but at least now they are in the same ballpark.

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By chicago_bastard

@christianrapper: It's not about feats, he literally did nothing of importance to contribute to the win over Thanos. Hell, he didn't even do anything to secure the reality stone, Rocket did all the work alone while he was babbling with his mother (which was a good scene nonetheless). Every other member of the team at least contributed by retrieving one of the stones, only he didn't. Hulk did the first snap, Tony the second, Nat sacrifised herself for the soul stone, Cap secured the mind stone, Scott came up with the idea to go into the quantum realm, Rhodey and Nebula retrieved the power stone, Hawkeye secured the Infinity Gauntlet, Cap Marvel saved Tony, who was integral for the win and the rat brought Scott back from the quantum realm. What exactly did Thor do that compares? If we did a ranking of the importance of every non-snapped character he would end up at the last place.

Bringing up the killing of the weakened Thanos who wasn't even a threat anymore is ridiculous. That didn't help their case at all.

That said Thor's awful treatment by the Russos won't affect the gross of Endgame at all, so I don't know why this discussion takes place in this thread.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By RBT

Domestic wise, I think Endgamehas a shot at beating The Force Awakens. Endgame opened at $357m in domestic. The Force Awakens' domestic total is $936.6m. To surpass that, without adjusting for inflation, Endgame will have to have a multiplier of 2.625 roughly. Infinity War had a multiplier of 2.634. Just above what is required of Endgame. So, all Endgame has to do is give a better multiplier than Infinity War. However, that's easier said than done. That extra 100m on the first weekend is not very easy to make up for in the long run for a good multiplier.

Good news is, Endgame seems to be doing better than Infinity War when it comes to multipliers so far. Till Wednesday, Endgame has earned a total of $452 million making its multiplier so far to be of 1.266. Infinity War, till its first Wednesday, had a multiplier of 1.253.

If Endgamecan maintain this pace, then it might become the highest grossing movie of all time in domestic.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Endgame has made 2 billion and its only on its second week. This is looking more plausible by the minute. If it does end up surpassing Avatar I'm going to quote all the plebs in this thread who said it wouldn't beat IW and ridicule them.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now, 100%

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I have to eat crow. I said it wouldn’t and it would make the same money as IW.

It has already passed Titanic for #2 all time in just its second week.

I will say it is a lock to be the highest grossing movie ever.

A lot of people in this thread have to eat crow, especially the MCU haters. They can criticize the movie all they want, it was damn good.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

I have to say I voted no because I thought it would do well but not enough to beat Avatar. However the amount of money Endgame has made so far is insane, it definitely has a shot and if it doesn't it will get pretty damn close.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@higherpower: I'll make sure to quote you whenever you're wrong...you know, just to be an asshole.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@higherpower: I was talking about in general, duh. But you know the funny thing is I couldn't find any of these people saying "I told you so" until Endgame came out. Goes to show how much confidence y'all had.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: Go to my profile and check my status. I put that prediction there before first trailer came out.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe this is legit happening. Avatar 2.78b is a lot of friken money. This is on pace to do 2.9. Even the few that voted yes prob didn't even put this in perspective.

jimmyvailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already passed Titanic after barely a week.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First two weeks it hasn’t had much competition. Detective Pickachu this upcoming weekend, John Wick the next and Godzilla at the end of the month. Hype will die down eventually

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. Its a contender right now.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, but it still seems a bit unrealistic.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like if Detective Pikachu doesn't do well it might. On the right track at least.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame was a predictable film, i think it would have been better if they had an element of surprise, like having thanos win again and the the living tribunal show up or something

It was definitely more hyped, tells a beautiful story, but the build up to infinity war was insane

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably will now. It literally became the second highest grossing movie of all time in less than two weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it will once finals are over more people will go and it's already past 2b, and you know some crazy ass person is gonna watch this 100x by himself.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@mister_stark: At least this would make more sense than the guy who watched Captain Marvel 116 times lol

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not

Nothing is beating Avatar anytime soon, Endgame will even have a tough time beating IW imo.

Infinity War probably had more hype behind it than Endgame it was the Avengers film the entire MCU had been building to for years with ridiculous hype around it and even that didn't come close to scratching Avatar, it couldn't even beat Star Wars TFA and was almost $800M off from Avatar.

For Endgame to even beat IW it needs to be able to retain the audience from IW and also gain a bigger audience since IW came out but it will struggle to do that since it is heavily tied to being a sequel to IW. Not like the other Avengers films which were films with their stories and villains contained to those specific films individually.

I can 100% say Endgame won't come close to beating Avatar if you know about how movie grossing works you'll know the chances are ridiculously slim. For something to beat Avatar it's going to have to be something crazy with ridiculous marketing and maybe some new kind of movie viewing technology that has a novelty around the world which makes literally everyone want to go see it, Avatar is a complete anomaly and only grossed like that because of the 3D used in it not the quality of the film.

The biggest question on the cards imo is will Endgame gross more than Infinity War which I think it will be a close match-up.

LOL.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Definitely not

Nothing is beating Avatar anytime soon, Endgame will even have a tough time beating IW imo.

Infinity War probably had more hype behind it than Endgame it was the Avengers film the entire MCU had been building to for years with ridiculous hype around it and even that didn't come close to scratching Avatar, it couldn't even beat Star Wars TFA and was almost $800M off from Avatar.

For Endgame to even beat IW it needs to be able to retain the audience from IW and also gain a bigger audience since IW came out but it will struggle to do that since it is heavily tied to being a sequel to IW. Not like the other Avengers films which were films with their stories and villains contained to those specific films individually.

I can 100% say Endgame won't come close to beating Avatar if you know about how movie grossing works you'll know the chances are ridiculously slim. For something to beat Avatar it's going to have to be something crazy with ridiculous marketing and maybe some new kind of movie viewing technology that has a novelty around the world which makes literally everyone want to go see it, Avatar is a complete anomaly and only grossed like that because of the 3D used in it not the quality of the film.

The biggest question on the cards imo is will Endgame gross more than Infinity War which I think it will be a close match-up.

LOL.

Lmao

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Definitely not

LOL.

Lmao

Little did he know.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The smugness here is palpable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The smugness here is palpable.

Well, can't blame us. Am I right?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_stark: @higherpower: @g2_:

We all in the comic book bubble keep failing hard at predicting box office numbers from B v S, JL to BP, so what is your point here? You didn't even made a prediction that dismantled @thorthunder98 post, did you?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I laughed because he said it wouldn't beat IW. I really like the guy though.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It very well could. I thought Avatar was crap so if Endgame dethrones it.... so be it.