User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XiiX
TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think you may be over estimating Mordru a bit. He may be able to handle the first with difficulty and maybe the second with extreme difficulty but a fully powered Onslaught should stop him and everybody after that is out of his league besides Thanos who should probably be below Onslaught and definitely is below Mephisto.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XiiX

@themagicstik: I know it doesn't equate to an actual fight, but Mephisto has always shown apprehension in regards to challenging Thanos outright. Namely, he's opted never to do it when there didn't seem any reason why he couldn't/shouldn't(the most notorious of which being when Thanos tricked him into receiving an inactive cosmic-cube, which left Mephisto extremely pissed off).

And just to clarify: It'd be Onslaught without having absorbed Nate or Franklin's powers.

Anyway @beatboks1, what's your opinion on how far he'd get?

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@themagicstik: I know it doesn't equate to an actual fight, but Mephisto has always shown apprehension in regards to challenging Thanos outright. Namely, he's opted never to do it when there didn't seem any reason why he couldn't/shouldn't(the most notorious of which being when Thanos tricked him into receiving an inactive cosmic-cube, which left Mephisto extremely pissed off).

And just to clarify: It'd be Onslaught without having absorbed Nate or Franklin's powers.

Anyway @beatboks1, what's your opinion on how far he'd get?

In the recent Thanos Annual Thanos was about to be smited by Mephisto and only survived because future Infinity Gauntlet Thanos stepped in and saved him.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: Damn. That sounds cool as hell(and I imagine would pretty decisively fly in the face of many claims that Thanos isn't too far removed from Odin-level, given Mephisto is arguably significantly so himself).

Know where I could find that showing?

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMagicStik

Well if you want to see the full issue it's Thanos Annual #1

Here's the scan.

No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could stop at 4

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XiiX

@themagicstik: Nice. Finally Mephisto's getting portrayed seriously again.

But wouldn't that mostly be because Mephisto has the home-field advantage AKA it seemingly taking place in Hades/Hell(hence him regarding the second Thanos' presence as "trespassing")?

Obviously it's his most impressive feat, but he does have the precedent of stalemating Galactus on raw-power while in his realm(until Galactus resorted to devouring it).

How do you think Mordru and Mephisto would compare in a neutral realm?

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

But wouldn't that mostly be because Mephisto has the home-field advantage AKA it seemingly taking place in Hades/Hell(hence him regarding the second Thanos' presence as "trespassing")?

Obviously it's his most impressive feat, but he does have the precedent of stalemating Galactus on raw-power while in his realm(until Galactus resorted to devouring it).

Frankly I don't know, Mephisto has a bit of inconsistency with feats and statements. On panel he has stated and other have stated that he is omnipotent in his own realm and he has self stated to be capable of Galactic destruction but at the same time he has gotten out muscled at least three times that I know of in his own realm including Thanos w/ IG, the other two times being Galactus nearly eating his realm like you said and Magik coming in and nearly chopping his head off. Apparently Odin at one time also stalemated him in his realm, I don't know the context but it just seems like the dude gets tossed around a lot more than he should in his own realm where he is supposedly ultimately powerful. I also have seen him fight really powerful people outside of his realm so I really don't know if there is too much of a difference in and out of his realm except in statement.

I'm 90% sure Mephisto would annihilate Mordru in a neutral realm.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

In that assessment you'd be wrong. 20th Century Mordru would probably defeat Mephisto in a neutral realm. 30th Century would annihilate him and probably win a his Mephisto's own realm too.

We're talking about the guy who while at the low 20th century levels destroyed Multiple Lords of order and Chaos and absorbed their power. he killed Jarred Stephens Fate who was completely immune to magic and reality warping. Absorbed the power of just about every mystical entity he ever encountered. Defeated an unecumbered ( all the seven deadly sins were removed from the ROE so his power wasn't used in containing them) and Amped (he'd spent days increasing his power level in preparation for his coming battle with Spectre) SHAZAM in his own place of power. So basically he defeated Shazam when his power level was far greater than when Shazam faced the Unbound Spectre in DOV and held his end up for several pages.

The only one I see here putting Mordru Down is Odin. 30th Century Mordru could even give him a fight before falling. But then 30th century Mordru had absorbed all magic on Sorcerers world which was half the magic in the universe at that time, so that's pretty freaking amped.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik said:

In that assessment you'd be wrong. 20th Century Mordru would probably defeat Mephisto in a neutral realm. 30th Century would annihilate him and probably win a his Mephisto's own realm too.

We're talking about the guy who while at the low 20th century levels destroyed Multiple Lords of order and Chaos and absorbed their power. he killed Jarred Stephens Fate who was completely immune to magic and reality warping. Absorbed the power of just about every mystical entity he ever encountered. Defeated an unecumbered ( all the seven deadly sins were removed from the ROE so his power wasn't used in containing them) and Amped (he'd spent days increasing his power level in preparation for his coming battle with Spectre) SHAZAM in his own place of power. So basically he defeated Shazam when his power level was far greater than when Shazam faced the Unbound Spectre in DOV and held his end up for several pages.

The only one I see here putting Mordru Down is Odin. 30th Century Mordru could even give him a fight before falling. But then 30th century Mordru had absorbed all magic on Sorcerers world which was half the magic in the universe at that time, so that's pretty freaking amped.

You think Mordru is Galaxy busting level?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think Mordru is Galaxy busting level?

If he's up against one? Absa freakin lutely.

Mordru's schtick is that he is a mystical energy sponge who feeds on any energy and drains it and uses his opponents energies against them. When he's soloed the JSA for example he absorbed the power of Dr fate, and the Starheart from Alan Scot. He almost in his words "feasted on the speed force" from Jay Garrick.

When he fought the super amped Shazam he absorbed and used the pwoer of the ROE (Shazam's own power source) against him.

It was only after talking to Mordru and him telling them how that the JSA could defeat Extant who was a universe buster.

The guy soloed the combined JLA/JSA/ and LoSH. That was a team that included 2 supermen, Superboy, mon-el, Powergirl, Ultraboy, Dr Fate, Alan Scot, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, Wonder Woman, and a truck load more people. He did this AFTER every wizard on Sorcerers world had combined and crated a spell to tie and bound him to earth and yet he could still reach out across centuries and light years and warp reality or bed space to his whim.

The Guy one shotted Kent Nelson Fate (the original, who was like a merger of Classic Strange with Superman and Captain Atom) after Fate had absorbed and amped himself with the power of both Green Lanterns ( Alan and Hal).

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Frankly I don't know, Mephisto has a bit of inconsistency with feats and statements. On panel he has stated and other have stated that he is omnipotent in his own realm and he has self stated to be capable of Galactic destruction but at the same time he has gotten out muscled at least three times that I know of in his own realm including Thanos w/ IG, the other two times being Galactus nearly eating his realm like you said and Magik coming in and nearly chopping his head off. Apparently Odin at one time also stalemated him in his realm, I don't know the context but it just seems like the dude gets tossed around a lot more than he should in his own realm where he is supposedly ultimately powerful. I also have seen him fight really powerful people outside of his realm so I really don't know if there is too much of a difference in and out of his realm except in statement.

Didn't the female Ghost Rider and Adam Warlock with the Soul Gem own Mephisto in his own realm?

So you have Thanos w/ the IG, Galactus, Magik, Ghost Rider and Adam Warlock.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1up.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Night4345

Based on what beatboks1 said He probably clears.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@xiix: question... does Mordru have molecule manipulation resistance? also what about draining?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Odin most likely

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XiiX

@kidman560: I don't recall anyone trying to manipulate him on a molecular-level. He's a being of pure chaos, so I'm doubtful that would prove very effective against him(unless the person you had in mind has a feat or feats tantamount to manipulating a being of unbridled chaos who's power exceeds most skyfathers).

In addition, it's worth noting that Mordru is capable of manipulating/replenishing his form at will, and has a history of using reality-warping offensively and effectively against someone as powerful as Alan Scott(he oneshotted him by turning him into wood).

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XiiX

@kidman560: Oh, I almost forgot; draining was tried on him as a means of keeping him imprisoned. Just for reference, The Rock of Eternity is a magical conduit/prison of virtually limitless magical energy. It was meant to siphon power off of Mordru and keep him jailed for at least "a millennium" by "absorbing his power into it, and keeping him constantly drained and weakened".

Mordru manifested himself a body out of the rock itself, and starting beating the crap out of Shazam even in his severely weakened state(The Wizard Shazam is one of the most powerful Lords of Order), until he rallied and fought back. It's important to note that Shazam had been anticipating a bout with The Spectre, so he'd prepared and conserved his power accordingly.

..........And all it did was use up enough power for Mordru to free himself completely and totally unharmed.

So a fully powered Shazam took it to an extremely drained and weakened Mordru(in Shazam's OWN place of power/realm), and only succeeded in wasting nearly all of his power and have Mordru standing over him taunting.

So I'd say "draining" him is a long shot, at best.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@xiix: so no draining him thank you my good sir... then he'll get through round 1 and 2 no probs. i could see him stopping at round 6 or 7

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Dormammu. Maybe Odin.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Odin

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prep for doom and strange thats a stomp bro.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

clears

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Mordru have any TPresistant feats? If not Onslaught lobotomizes him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Outside_85

Does Mordru have any TPresistant feats? If not Onslaught lobotomizes him.

If he didn't, the Legion of Superheroes wouldn't have so much trouble with him, considering one of their founders is Saturn Girl, one of DC's most powerful telepaths.

Anyways, the issue for the gauntlet is that it's not specified how much they know about Mordru before they have to face him, especially:

• Do they know he is one of the few true immortals in comics? That he cannot die and that he's supposed to live beyond the end of time?
  • Do they know of his crippling claustrophobia?
SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Still, I don't think that the Legion of Superheroes are as ruthless as what Onslaught is. Mordru is very powerful but is constantly jobbed.

I can't see him getting by Onslaught.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85:

Still, I don't think that the Legion of Superheroes are as ruthless as what Onslaught is. Mordru is very powerful but is constantly jobbed.

I wouldn't say level of ruthlessness is a bonus for Onslaught if he just cant get to Mordru's mental soft spots. But while you are right he's jobbed a lot against the LoSH, it is worth remembering that as time has moved on Mordru has grown in consistency of his level which is now generally accepted to be someone you need the entire Legion to deal with and still they end up relying on luck and Mordru's own arrogance.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

He's on Dormammu level and you think he'll have a problem with Onslaught ??? Ha ha, your kidding right?? Dorm's best feat is that with the help of his sister he briefly took the power of a weakened eternity. Mordru did the exact same thing with the aid of Glorith. Stole the power of Infinity man (the living embodiment of all time and space, all universes). While weakened and only at his 20th century levels he defeated Shazam in Shazam's own place of power after the wizard had spent time amping himself, and relinquishing himself of power encumberments. Moments after he left was when Shazam fought Spectre in Day of Vengeance ( a battle that Shazam held up his own for a page or three before succumbing). A weakened Mordru faced him at a higher power ebb than Spectre and defeated him faster (though not as fully).

Also one has to remember that before Mordru EVER faced the LoSH he was first weakened by all the mystics of sorcerers world. Before his encounter with the LoSH all those wizards combined their power to bind him to earth so that he was limited. It was only then that LoSH (with it's 50 strong membership and 6 Kryptonian level members, a Sorcerer Supreme level mystic, Green lantern level players, several Omega mutant level energy manipulators, an omega mutant level telepath ...........) could take him as a whole unit.

Every single time he faced the LoSH but one he had been weakened in power.

His whole shtich is that he absorbs the energies of those he defeats and kills. So by the time he faces Onslaught in this gauntlet he has absorbed all the energy of Loki, Doctor Doom, Doctor Strange, Apocalypse, Silver Surfer, Thor, and Beta Ray Bil.

Even at his much weaker 20th Century levels (at this time he's had 1000 less years absorbing energy and building himself in power) it took a team that included Alan Scot, Dr fate, Hourman One million, Jakeem Thunder, Obsidian, Powergirl, Stargirl, and a half dozen more JUST to entrap him (not an actual victory). During one of those battles he had added the power of three of them to his own (Alan, Fate and some of Obsidian).

Odin is where he stops, he may have a tough fight at Dorms but i'd say scrapes through by the skin on his knuckles.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 6

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either stops at Mephisto or Dormammu.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: how would you rank them and where do you think mordru stops?

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Soratoumiga

This order... He could honestly clear everyone, except Dormammu and the trio from Round 1.

LightingJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This order... He could honestly clear everyone, except Dormammu and the trio from Round 1.

Avatar image for donotdenyyourfate
Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all i see is a bunch of people feeding him before he gets to the last rounds (energy manipulation) and none is really beating his immortality, he clears this

also the order is kinda off, team 1 should be one of the last

teganstone7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers