Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Suicide Squad: 13 Characters That Could Work in the Sequel

• 56 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Suicide Squad may not have done too well with the critics, but it's breaking records for the month of August at the box office.

It may not have been officially announced, but it seems likely a sequel will happen. When a sequel does happen, it will be a great chance to introduce more characters into the DC Cinematic Universe. We wouldn't be too surprised if Amanda Waller already has most of these supervillains locked up at Belle Reve. After all, there was no mention of Slipknot during the briefing, but he was there during the mission.

Here's 13 DC Comics characters that could really spice things up and could translate well onto the big screen.

Black Manta

No Caption Provided

A rumor that just surfaced is the possibility of Black Manta appearing in the Aquaman solo movie.

Black Manta is perhaps Aquaman's deadliest enemy. He's one of the world's best assassin and weapons masters. He's also extremely intelligent. He's equipped with a high-tech diving suit that doubles as armor since it's also bulletproof.

In the comics, Black Manta willingly joined the Suicide Squad when it was believed Aquaman was dead. If Waller ever decided to target Batman's Justice League, Black Manta would be more than willing to take on Aquaman.

King Shark

No Caption Provided

King Shark was actually meant to be in the Suicide Squad film. Writer/director David Ayer decided against using him because it would require too much CG.

King Shark has superhuman strength, senses, and healing factor. Plus, with those enormous teeth, imagine the fear he'd put into any target in sights, assuming he doesn't just gobble them up right away.

Deathstroke

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke is the ultimate assassin. They don't call him the Terminator for nothing. This is a guy you would not want to have coming after you.

With his fighting skills, super strength, endurance, and intellect, he'd be the perfect soldier to send into a stealth mission requiring many kills. In the comics, he also fought the entire Justice League single-handedly. Waller just better hope she can implant a bomb in his neck to keep him under control. Perhaps she could just offer him loads of money instead.

An appearance in a Suicide Squad movie could also set him up for solo films.

Bane

No Caption Provided

In the comics, Bane is the man that broke the Bat. He was able to defeat Batman.

Having spent a life in prison, Belle Reve would be a walk in the park. Bane trained himself to perfection. Adding in the Venom drug, his strength increased to a superhuman level.

Poison Ivy

No Caption Provided

Poison Ivy would be suitable for many different situations. She could easily go undercover and use her intellect to take down enemies from within. She's immune to pretty much all toxins and poisons. She also uses them as weapons against her enemies. She's been known to employ truth serums and love potions in order to get what she wants. If all that wasn't enough, she has complete control over plant life and has created some monstrous, man-eating vegetation.

Bronze Tiger

No Caption Provided

Bronze Tiger is one of the greatest martial artists in the DC Universe.

In the comics, he was part of the Suicide Squad with Rick Flag. That could be a way to introduce him to the team. Because of his fighting skills, he was also recruited by the League of Assassins. If he wasn't dangerous before, his time with the League pushed him over the top.

Parasite

No Caption Provided

In the movie, the question was raised: What would we do if a Superman-type being came to Earth with evil intentions? Some may wonder how exactly Captain Boomerang or even Harley Quinn could stand up to Superman. That's where Parasite comes in.

He has the power to drain the energy and life force of others. The more he drains, the stronger he gets. He has faced off against Superman many times in the comics and would be just what the Squad needs against someone at that level.

Copperhead

No Caption Provided

Copperhead is extremely agile and can snake his way into tight spots. The fangs in his helmet are coated with venom that can cause paralysis or death. He can also use his body and costume to coil around a foe and squeeze until they become unconscious.

Lashina

No Caption Provided

Lashina is a member of Darkseid's Female Furies. With the inclusion of a Mother Box and the appearance of Steppenwolf (in a deleted scene) in Batman v Superman, speculation is that the Justice League will be fighting Darkseid at some point.

In the comics, Lashina was part of the Suicide Squad under the alias of Duchess. She was actually sent to Earth to join the Squad in order to free Glorious Godfrey from Belle Reve.

With increased strength, endurance, and invulnerability, she is also an expert in hand to hand combat. If Waller can get Lashina under her control, there's no telling what they'll be able to accomplish.

Doctor Light

No Caption Provided

Arthur Light was a criminal physicist. While working at STAR Labs, he stole a suit that allowed him to control light. This allows him to manipulate light around himself to become invisible, create solid blasts of energy, make force fields and constructs, cast illusions, and fly. Later he is able to use these powers without the suit. He fought against the Justice League and Teen Titans until Zatanna's mind wipe cause his intelligence level to severely drop.

Man-Bat

No Caption Provided

Man-Bat would be another fearsome-looking soldier. Before his transformation, Kirk Langstrom was an extremely intelligent geneticist. While experimenting on himself, he transformed into a man/bat hybrid.

As Man-Bat, he has enhanced strength, agility, speed, and reflexes. He also has the power of echolocation and razor sharp claws. The ability to fly would be a great asset in field missions.

Mirror Master

No Caption Provided

In the comics, Mirror Master is part of the Rogues with Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold. They've fought the Flash on numerous occasions.

Mirror Master has complete control over mirrors and the Mirror World. He can create portals using any reflective surface, such as windows or ice, into which he, others, and objects may pass. He controls access to these portals, and is able to trap people in reflections. This power would be useful in transporting the Squad or trapping enemies.

Roy Harper

No Caption Provided

Let's be clear: in the comics, Roy Harper was only on one mission with the Suicide Squad. The former sidekick of Green Arrow had a troubled past which included drug usage. In the New 52 version of his origin, he also experienced some low points in his superhero career.

It would be feasible for Roy to have gone on a drunken bender and landed in a bit of hot water. Amanda Waller would jump at the chance to get her hands on Harper and his marksmanship and fighting abilities. He may not be a supervillain but that wouldn't stop Waller.

Who are your top choices for characters to appear in the next Suicide Squad film?

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

A lot of good choices here. What it will come down to is who the "bad guy or girl" is.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I would actually be down with all of these choices. Very good pics, Tony.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good choices.

Ginbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

I like this like good picks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Good picks.

RafaelSioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

A reboot of Poison Ivy on any movie will be great! The character deserve it.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Nice list. Another Id like to see added is Nightshade.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Very nice list

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

king shark he was great in the flash

Poison Ivy to team up with harley

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Deathstroke rumored to be in this one? I think he would be a good choice, maybe as the bad guy, rogue agent

El_Gato93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cheetah, Black Manta and Bane.

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
    FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Reverse Flash.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather see Slade as a single villain instead of being on the team. But everyone else on the list are great choices

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Great list.

I'm hoping for Cluemaster, just to set up Steph for a future Batman movie.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catwoman.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightshade please and thank you.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like the idea of Bane, King Shark or Bronze Tiger, especially since Bronze Tiger was a member of the Suicide Squad in the comics but I could see a story about Bane making an army of meta-soldiers with his level of super strength.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A reboot of Poison Ivy on any movie will be great! The character deserve it.

That is an excellent Ivy pic.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would freaking love to see either Killer Moth or Firefly

chrisburgess99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many on the list have been with the new Squad or the Ostrander run. I would like to see Black Orchid, Nemesis, Nightshade. or one the Frost's. Killing off the Firestorm villains or adding lesser known villains would help cement Suicide Squad into a franchise of Dirty Dozen caliber

Zwm210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think they should bring Slipknot back

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many great options. Done if these guys would do better as a villain in a solo hero movie (like mirror matter in the flash). But I think Deathstroke would actually make a good villain for suicide squad.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldn't mind seeing the female Copperhead in Suicide Squad 2.

No Caption Provided

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

These are some interesting and good choices especially Mirror Master.

I do agree that Deathstroke, King Shark, Poison Ivy, Bronze Tiger, and Bane but I would also throw in Catman if David Ayer wants to have the sequel lead into a Secret Six movie which consists of Catman, Bane, King Shark, and other members of the Suicide Squad that are trying to leave the team and join the other team.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mrnoital

Roy Harper could work, but I would rather the Green Arrow villain Count Vertigo

and King Shark would also be a good choice, but I think he's too much like a bigger Killer Croc who was kind of a wasted opportunity and didn't get a good flashback or emotional bit like he could have

Other than that good list, I'd think Deathstroke would be better for a cameo, maybe hired by the villain and fights most the squad at once

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane and Poison Ivy are my top picks.

Haunting752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Haunting752

I love most all these choices save for a few I don't particularly like just based on personal opinion, but my choices would be Catwoman, Red Hood, Scarecrow, and you already mentioned Arsenal, Poison Ivy and Deathstroke. Maybe if Killer Frost could be done well, and throw in Vixen while you're at it, of adding to the list of possibilities.

Omission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see Poison Ivy

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should add a couple of mostly unknown villains so that they can die..but if u look at the list...most of these r just copies of each other or members already on the team..it would be really cool of their next mission was 2 save a couple of diplomats from death stroke that are being assassinated by lex Luther or maybe lex is one of the targets...that would be really fun 2 see them go against death stroke in an arkham origins sort of story

VnanImguel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Nightshade, Count Vertigo, Nemesis, and Black Spider?

Black Manta's good

King Shark? Use the same actor please

Deathstroke? alright then but turn him into a villain as the movie goes on

Bane? Nah

Poison Ivy's good

Bronze Tiger? Yes absolutely just use the Post-Crisis Bronze Tiger not the new one

Parasite's good, I like him especially when he and Harley were together lol

Copperhead? good choice

Lashina? replace her with Cheetah unless the SS has something to do with Darkseid if there is an upcoming invasion from Darkseid

Dr. Light? yes everyone needs a laugh and a joke member lol

Man-Bat? give him a Katana lol then kill him later

Mirror Master? Idk

Roy Harper? Idk how and why Roy's gonna join the squad unless they have the same goals like the ones in the comics where Vixen comes in.

My choices :

Count Vertigo to replace Diablo (both are AoE and can attack multiple people at a time)
    Black Spider to replace Slipknot only he gets more screen time but he still dies xD.

Nemesis, they need a good inside man in future missions

Nightshade, a replacement for Enchantress

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Catman

Jeanette

Scandal Savage

Secret Six delusions aside, Bronze Tiger or Black Lightning would be my choices

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer Frost

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Maybe we shouldn't place too many hopes on who should join the 'kill yourself, you looser' platoon and instead place our hopes on people who actually know how to pull their stunts off successfully?

GLCosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put King Shark on the roster and premiere during Shark Week. Guaranteed #1 at the box office.

Haunting752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else ever question whether Constantine would work on a Squad or is it just me?

Wandering_Wand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wandering_Wand

I definitely would like to see Bronze Tiger AND Deathstroke in some fashion in the DCEU.

Let's stay away from Bane and Ivy for a little longer...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By NightFang3

@warrior100 said:

i wouldn't mind seeing the female Copperhead in Suicide Squad 2.

No Caption Provided

There really should've been a Arkham spin-off Suicide Squad game with her, Bane, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger, and Rick Flag Jr.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    No Caption Provided

http://needham-comics.deviantart.com/art/King-Shark-Suicide-Squad-movie-concept-628045207

This is a design I came up with, loose design/WIP, of King Shark in a sequel to Suicide Squad. I figured that his very being would tie into Aquaman, his design, and his very being. King Shark has tattoos similar to Aquaman's. To breath on land he has this reverse scuba gear. I also imagine that the movie would go a similar rout as Killer Croc and use mostly real world effects and prosthetics with some CG to tie it together.

(I'd imagine they would use that avatar face capturing tech and cg for his emotions. I would also hope that for the most part he would be practical effects like prosthetics and animatronics like Jim hensen's tmnt film.)

Its rough, and will probably stay rough because its for fun and not something I am getting paid for.

Normally I'd think the movies would have to alter the god stuff because that that wouldn't work on the films, but Suicide Squad had Enchantress and others. So his origin could stay, just maybe tie it into Aquaman's world and Atlantis. He is the demigod (like Hercules) son of a Hawaiian Atlantis god and a human... maybe an Atlanta.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Deathstroke and Black Manta would top my list

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Freeze. Waller can dangle the carrot for Nora and get him on her side. Rig his suit with a microwave should he disobey. Always loved Victor's character.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By SoA

RAGDOLL!!

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
    deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Dr. Light, we really don't need that rapist loser in the cinematic universe.

bookofoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about comics. But i'd love to see a lot of villains on Suicide Squad sequel. Those villains sound good. Especially Deathstroke and King Shark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
    deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Copperhead sounds like a great fit & Bronze Tiger could use some more love.

JUDGE_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy in a duo with Harley and King Shark as a replacement of Croc. And why not a competition between Lawton and Wilson for the best of the best killer prize??

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bronze Tiger is all you need. Could add Shiva, Cheshire , zoom, and Circe (because we need some magic)

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke would be my favorite to see

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
    deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cute that you guys think there will be a sequel.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.