Follow

Riptide

Character » Riptide appears in 293 issues.

Riptide a member of the Marauders. He is a Marvel villain that has the power to spin at superhuman speeds and fire sharp objects out of his tornado-like body. His neck was once broken by Colossus but he has since been cloned and brought back to life.

X-Men: First Class Character Profile: Riptide

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

When X-Men fans think of Riptide, they generally think back to his first appearance as one of the 'Marauders' during Chris Claremont and John Romita Jr.'s X-Men run in 1986. The Marauders were an evil team of mutants brought together by Gambit under the command of Mr. Sinister. Based on Riptide's character history and his first appearance, how will he fit into the 'X-Men: First Class' movie plot-line?

Riptide hadn't made an appearance in any of the 'X-Men: First Class' trailers or character teaser clips up until recently when we caught a glimpse of him as what appears to be Sebastian Shaw's right hand man. In the clip, we see Riptide in full force and in the guise of a tornado approximately 13 seconds in. He then reverts to a human likeness (portrayed by actor Alex Gonzalez) at around 50 seconds into the clip, adjusting his suit jacket.

In the brief moments we do see Riptide, he appears on screen as an assistant to Sebastian Shaw, the leader of The Hellfire Club. Could this mean that Riptide is simply one of Sebastian's henchmen in the upcoming movie? If so, this would be a completely different characterization of Riptide- not really what we've seen in the comics. The good news is that Riptide does seem to be keeping his powers; his crazy wind burst and super speed giving him powers likening to that of a tornado. How does this compare to his comic book appearances?

== TEASER ==
    I look way better in the movie. Promise.
    I look way better in the movie. Promise.

In the comics, Riptide is considered something of a henchman as well, and is probably most famous for the damage he did to Nightcrawler during the Claremont story-line. During the Mutant Massacre, Riptide unleashed his whirl-wind powers, launching projectiles in all directions, massacring the Morlocks and causing the most damage of any other mutant. He gravely injured X-Men teammates Nightcrawler and Colossus- his actions eventually led Colossus to snap his neck. I have to wonder if Riptide will have his neck broken in the film, even though (unfortunately) Colossus won't be the one to do it.

Fox's X-Men: First Class hits theaters June 3rd, 2011. What do you think of all the changes being made to the portrayal of the X-Men in the upcoming movie? It's pretty safe to say that his connection to Mr. Sinister will not be featured at all. Are you looking forward to the film?

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By skaarason

im now looking forward to this movie thanks to all the comicvine coverage , thanks guys !!!!!

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sobe Cin

Interesting...
    Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

Good job on covering the mutants like Darwin and Riptide and stuff...but why have ya'll skipped Emma Frost? Or did I miss that one?
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrCipher

@Babs said: "... how will he fit into the 'X-Men: First Class' movie plot-line?"

Excellent question. Unfortunately, based on everything I've seen I would have to ask the same question of every character offered in this movie (and all other X-Men offerings to date). No one seems to be "adapted" terribly well and they all seem to be wedged together in some sort of bastardized amalgamation of the producer's, director's and writer's warped imaginations.
    My question is: "Why can't we see real story lines from the comics?" We deserve story lines that are true to the actions, the spirit, and the events of things we've all read and enjoyed. I'm all for eliminating childish concepts, awkward costumes and "all other thing lame", but drastically altering characters, team members, and just making up story lines doesn't satisfy my need for some butt-kicking marvel action. These comics were written well. Why not use the material?
    If a certain studio wants to continue to create garbage that does not follow traditional continuity and is nothing but a series of over-the-top special effects, inane one-liners, and dubious acting, why not just get John Wu and Michael Bay to collaborate on all movies they produce from now on? The trailers could all feature a byline "FROM THE MINDS OF JOHN WU AND MICHAEL BAY" followed by "The Voice-Over Guy's" baritone "IN A WORLD ..." at their opening, and I'll know to take that as my cue to squeeze my eyes shut, stuff my fingers in my ears, and scream "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA" at the top of my lungs until the mind-numbing, culture-destroying, trash is over and I can continue with my day.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Kweschun_Mark: Don't worry, we have them all planned out. Be sure to check really really soon...

Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By thecheckeredman

The collection of mutants on this flick gets weirder and weirder...when's Alchemy or Gateway gonna show up?

Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wingfoot

Hi !

Why Riptide as Shaw's henchman ?

Why Havok in the 60's ?

Why Azazel ?

Because Fox don't give a f***. To them, they're just gizmos for pop-corn eaters.

Hihane washte.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm looking forward to the film but good lord there's so much footage and commentary we've seen now.  It makes me wonder if there's anything left to surprise me when I go to actually see it.  As for no Mr. Sinister, I knew it wouldn't happen even if Sinister is one of my all time favorites.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Golden Cod

I don't mind them using Riptide since he's filling a henchman role.   Presumably he won't have much plot significance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrCipher
    Why do I want to sit through a movie about the exact same story that I've already read. I already have all the emotions, ideas and fulfillment from reading the story why do I need to see it in live action? I want new stories that will make me just as excited and emotionally invested.

Let's get out of comics for a second and go to books.....specifically the Harry Potter series. This was a book franchise that made a ton of money. I started reading them when I was a high school day camp councilor/swim instructor because all my kids were carrying them around and I was curious how a book could be grabbing so much attention from them. So I read the first two, enjoyed them and read the rest of the series.

When the movies started coming out I really wasn't that happy about it. For one I hate movies based on books. For instance one of my favorite books is Starship Troopers......but I wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone. Too much is lost in the transition from books to movies and you don't get the same atmosphere watching a scene as you do creating it in your head from the pages of a book.

So with the Potter movies I knew alot of the detail that made the books so great and built that world wouldn't get on the screen......and that's exactly what happened. There's no way you could keep an audience engaged through the 5-6 hrs it would take to fully cover the books and so you get a much more condensed and rushed feeling in the theater than you would from reading the series.

The same would be true of any direct comic book storyline adaptation. Most of the major series takes place over numerous books, crossovers with other titles and so on and trying to streamline it into a 2 hr movie would lose that girth that made the stories so memorable in the first place.

Though some books have been perfectly (and faithfully) adapted to the big screen (To Kill a Mockingbird definitely my favorite), the best adaptations have come from loose reference to the material used by the writers and directors to build there own visions. Look at films like Goodfellas (from Wise Guys), Blade Runner (from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep), Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder version), Shawshank Redemption (Open Seasons), and Apocalypse Now (Heart of Darkness) to name a few.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

if he is any sequels to first class, i want him to be involved with the Mutant Massacre, because he is a Marauder, Then I will be pleased.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bestostero

They are just raping the Marauders one by one... Arclight in X3, and now Riptide in this. 

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By umbrafeline

did i see shaw wearing magnetos helmet or was i seeign things?
    Avatar image for hrdwrkngxsoldier
    hrdwrkngXsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#14  Edited By hrdwrkngXsoldier

@Itbrd

I think it is okay to expect a loose adaptation.  We aren't even gettting that.  Singer and Fox are giving us a re-imagining of a top selling franchise rooted with history and continuity.  They aren't even trying to do anything remotely close to the comics.  They didn't do it in the other four productions they have given "fans". 

I think it is sad Fox and Singer don't believe enough in the X-Men brand to be truer to its roots.  Instead they count on the popularity of the brand to fuel the box-office regardless of the trashy mish-mash they throw up on screen.

Fox will never give us the movie we want.  Please people, please don't give Fox your money.  We won't get a decent X-men flick until Marvel/Disney gets the rights back to the franchise.

Every Marvel studios made movie, may not have been tried and true of the comics, but at least they were adaptations.  You can see the essence of the core material pressent in the plot and characterization.  I would rather have a strawberry flavored shake made with strawberry flavoring, than a frog in a blender.

chrisburgess99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chrisburgess99

They seem to be taking mutants from all story arcs and crating an "Amalgam"  of X-Men. The interpretations of Mystique, Emma Frost, And Havok are off in left field considering that 3 X-Men movies and an origin of Wolverine have been put out and the characters do not mesh with their previous protrayals. It is almost to a point that Singer wants to relaunch the whole franchise and make all previous X-men stories obsolete.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Cherry Bomb

The effects for Riptide look awesome! (: 
    and yeah, he's sort of the 'muscle' for Shaw's team alongside  Azazel and Angel

Plus, Alex Gonzalez is a beautiful man. Him and Zoe are the perfect henchmen/women
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I originally thought this was supposed to be Shinobi Shaw, but he makes a good Riptide. This is a good casting and character choice, in my opinion.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By The Mast

There have been about three trailers and something stupid like eight TV spots.

People need to stop encouraging it. They're so afraid of going into a movie unaware nowadays. I HATE that aspect of modern culture, it sucks.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By GBrutality

yeah, there really is nothing left to wonder about in terms of what's going to happen anymore from all the coverage being given with the bits we have seen. i feel like i've practically seen the whole thing at this point. but i'm guessing other than the white queen and shaw who was the black king, we won't be seeing any other true hellfire members. pity, it's a damn interesting group of villains. yes frost and shaw are the most engaging, but it was still cool to see a sort of cabal of sorts that resembled a high society social club on the outside.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#20  Edited By The Impersonator

Even the movie is entirely different from comics, I'm definitely going to watch it.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By MrMazz

his inclusion made me go WHAAAA t first but meh Fox just wants rights to characters adn they say its all keeping within film continuity....

I thought he could actually make tornados not just spin real fast to "become" one
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
    @hrdwrkngXsoldier said:

@Itbrd

I think it is okay to expect a loose adaptation.  We aren't even gettting that.  Singer and Fox are giving us a re-imagining of a top selling franchise rooted with history and continuity.  They aren't even trying to do anything remotely close to the comics.  They didn't do it in the other four productions they have given "fans". 

I think it is sad Fox and Singer don't believe enough in the X-Men brand to be truer to its roots.  Instead they count on the popularity of the brand to fuel the box-office regardless of the trashy mish-mash they throw up on screen.

Fox will never give us the movie we want.  Please people, please don't give Fox your money.  We won't get a decent X-men flick until Marvel/Disney gets the rights back to the franchise.

Every Marvel studios made movie, may not have been tried and true of the comics, but at least they were adaptations.  You can see the essence of the core material pressent in the plot and characterization.  I would rather have a strawberry flavored shake made with strawberry flavoring, than a frog in a blender.

learn a new tune already......we got 2 great x-films in x-men and x2
    Ahmed Sherif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Ahmed Sherif

Why would they choose a Maradure to be a member of the Hellfire Club. And if it's a Maradure, why go for Rptide out of all of them?
    Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Out_of_Space

Why do they have to screw this movie so much. If was making X-Men First Class i wouldn't put Riptide.

Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

I seriously don't understand everyone's negativity toward this film. The Movie-verse is compeltely different than the Comic-verse. You want to see storylines from the X-Men comics, go re-read them. Honestly, give them a chance. You should treat the live action Movie-verse as a different AU like Ultimates or AOA.

While I'll admit I was a bit on edge about the character castings at first, I've come to approve of the vast majority of characters they've chosen.

For those of you who want to argue that Emma doesn't fit in because of the Wolverine Origin's movie...please go dig youself in a bunker and rot. That movie was pittiful. Doesn't even deserve to be counted as continuity.

As for Havok...don't even pretend this is the first time we've seen Havok and he wasn't Scott's younger brother. If I recall he was Older than Scott in one of the other AU's (Ulitmates?). Regardless would it be so bad if Havok turned out being Scott's cousin or Uncle...still family...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hrdwrkngXsoldier

Hold on a second. How about we look at the similarities to the comics that are in this movie:
    1. Xavier and Erik started as best friends
    2. Xavier could walk before he and Erik became enemies\
    3. Xavier comes from wealth and could afford to buy a mansion that makes up the Xavier Institute
    3. Mystique ages slower than a normal person/mutant -> Not completely confirmed but implied in the comics
    4. Beast did not always have the blue fur appearance but always the enhanced strength and agility
    5. Erik survived the holocaust
    6. Azrael has the same abilities as Nightcrawler
    7. Sebastian Shaw absorbs kinetic energy and is the Black King of the Hellfire Club
    8. Emma Stone has both telepathic abilities and can convert her body into a diamond form
    9. Emma Stone is a member of the Hellfire Club (not confirmed yet if she's the White Queen)
    10. Banshee flies using his sonic scream and the thin film under his arms
    11. Riptide has control of wind and twirls around like a tornado
    12. Havok needs to wear a focusing circle at his chest to help aim his powers -> In the comics Havok's costumes all have circle patterns on them and they are also containment suits that help regulate and contain his powers.
    13. Darwin evolution powers appear to be the same
    14. In the comics Xavier is given a Blackbird from a government agency.....in the comics he gets it from Nick Fury, this movie he appears to get it from Moira
    15. From earlier trailers it looks like Erik is involved in Cerebro's creation
    16. Shaw sees mutants as superior to humans
    17. Erik sees mutants as superior to humans
    18. Shaw wants to conquer the world

So what's not exactly like the comics:
    1. This isn't the same characters as the comic book version of the First Class
    2. The Hellfire Club is introduced earlier and includes Riptide and Azrael
    3. Riptide isn't a Marauder
    4. Moira is a CIA agent vice a scientist/doctor
    5. Xavier has hair
    6. Shaw seems to have developed Magneto's helmet
    7. Azrael is a member of the Hellfire Club
    8. Mystique is moody (and really if you read the entire breath of the X-men canon you should realize this isn't far off given her neurotic behavior and depressions demonstrated throughout her character's history)

I'm sure we could dissect every single piece and second of this movie for other things but in my mind (and from the trailers) these appear to be the biggest items to look at. So in terms of numbers the ways in which this movie and its characters are similar to the comics seems to outweigh the number of ways in which it is different. Plus, every difference is really not that big a change EXCEPT for the characters called the First Class......and if that's all you're getting hung up on than read New Avengers and see how a team's history can change overnight when new writers take the helm.

I think as fans of the material we have to question just what is taking the X-men franchise in the wrong direction. The X-men are a team and while their are more popular characters than others like DC's Justice League and Justice Society the members of that team constantly change (well, except now when every surviving mutant seems to be part of the X-men) and there have been long periods in X-men history where Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Angel, Xavier and others have not been part of the team or where part of other teams not connected to Xavier. So if these characters haven't been constant for every single issue why do they have to be part of every single movie?

In my mind being true to the source material is holding true to the ideal that the X-men represent, to protect both human and mutants from danger and to bridge the gap between humans and mutants in order to build a better future for both species. HEY, that's exactly the message Xavier is putting out during the film and that Shaw is opposed to. That is the essence of what the X-men really are, not just the characters on the team, and as long as the movies can stay true to that message and make it the forefront of what the films are about (rather than just focus on special effects and big action) than I'll be happy to see that films interpretation of the characters and history.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator

Why aren't they making the movie exactly how I wanna see it. Stupid popcorn is so expensive anyway. Why is Galactus a cloud gaaaaaaaah! 

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By sa5m

The more I see of this the more I like =)

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrSeaman70

It's a disaster in the making :( Why are X-Men and Villains from different time periods appearing during the First Class era ?
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By riri4life

Riptide?.........Mkay, this film officially has the most random assortment of characters.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized

When I saw him in the trailer, I thought it was a gender swapped Dust.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Im really excited to see this movie. No continuity from the other movies, and start fresh, i can't wait to see the under appreciated x-characters and other new mutants alike to debut on the big screen. Hopefully this can knock off the bad tast of X-3 and Wolverine  Origins out of my mouth.

calvinwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By calvinwick

well its took me awhile but i think i'm going to see this movie. I don't like the change to much but i'm just going to see it for x-men as movie and not a comic.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cherry Bomb

The inclusion of Riptide could mean that Sinister may appear in the next film and with more Marauders!  (Hopefully Vertigo too <3) - since he could switch sides once the Team defeats Shaw.  Just a theory XD
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eyz

I wouldn't expect much respect or faithful adaptations for these characters and storyarcs.
    You guys are reading waaaay too much into this.

The Marauders? Seriously? In the next movie??
    BWAHAHAHA!

hogscraper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hogscraper

I don't really care if a movie or tv show is anything like the written material I love. I always look at it as a retelling. After so many instances, starting back with The Stand, you're just looking for a reason to be upset if you hope for it to be anything like what the original material was. If it is, great, if not, get over it and try to enjoy it for what it is. I'm super hyped this year! So many comic movies coming out! At the very least it will bring a couple readers to the comics we love hopefully prolonging their runs with added revenue to the companies printing them.

Evpraksiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Evpraksiya

Cool video, but the screams...way too much for people supposed to become heroes...they're young..alala

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Eyz said:
    I wouldn't expect much respect or faithful adaptations for these characters 

I think characters could be a place they actually do well with. Well, at least the bigger names, since the movie does appear more character based. Not that it should be expected. This is just my hope. I don't care about these mutants powers, I care about their characterizations. I have heard enough about Xavier, Magneto and Emma to believe I will enjoy the movie... 

@Cherry Bomb said:
     (Hopefully Vertigo too <3) 

Ahhhh! Movie version of her would be so awesome! She is my fav Marauder!!!!

@Evpraksiya said:
    Cool video, but the screams...way too much for people supposed to become heroes...they're young..alala

Oh... I think this is a trailer thing as of late... screaming and shouting. Its the new thing bwahaha
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @SC:  Vertigo's my fave Marauder too!  :D  I love her, she has such simple but cool powers (: and I love her hair.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    @SC:  Vertigo's my fave Marauder too!  :D  I love her, she has such simple but cool powers (: and I love her hair.

It goes so well with her outfit!! I doubt thats the version we'd see in the movie, but it would rather exciting to see how they could modernize it for the big screen. Her powers would be so easy to do as well. Just have the camera man shake the camera lol Anyway, she is a great supporting character! Ugh, she works so well with Riptides powers too... 

Not sure why the artist drew her hair so pale. 0_0 
    Not sure why the artist drew her hair so pale. 0_0 
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By TDK_1997
    @skaarason said:
    im now looking forward to this movie thanks to all the comicvine coverage , thanks guys !!!!!
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shadow_Thief

The words "disposable henchman" come to mind.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:
    I originally thought this was supposed to be Shinobi Shaw, but he makes a good Riptide. This is a good casting and character choice, in my opinion.
    I thought the same thing.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @SC:  (: totally!  Or since it is set in the 60's they'd probably for the retro look they gave her in the animated series. And they probably wouldn't give her green hair, but green highlights like Psylocke in X3 (purple highlights) would be fine by me! :D 

No Caption Provided
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By JonesDeini
    @MrCipher said:
    @Babs said: "... how will he fit into the 'X-Men: First Class' movie plot-line?"

Excellent question. Unfortunately, based on everything I've seen I would have to ask the same question of every character offered in this movie (and all other X-Men offerings to date). No one seems to be "adapted" terribly well and they all seem to be wedged together in some sort of bastardized amalgamation of the producer's, director's and writer's warped imaginations.
    My question is: "Why can't we see real story lines from the comics?" We deserve story lines that are true to the actions, the spirit, and the events of things we've all read and enjoyed. I'm all for eliminating childish concepts, awkward costumes and "all other thing lame", but drastically altering characters, team members, and just making up story lines doesn't satisfy my need for some butt-kicking marvel action. These comics were written well. Why not use the material?
    If a certain studio wants to continue to create garbage that does not follow traditional continuity and is nothing but a series of over-the-top special effects, inane one-liners, and dubious acting, why not just get John Wu and Michael Bay to collaborate on all movies they produce from now on? The trailers could all feature a byline "FROM THE MINDS OF JOHN WU AND MICHAEL BAY" followed by "The Voice-Over Guy's" baritone "IN A WORLD ..." at their opening, and I'll know to take that as my cue to squeeze my eyes shut, stuff my fingers in my ears, and scream "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA" at the top of my lungs until the mind-numbing, culture-destroying, trash is over and I can continue with my day.
    I'll be seeing this to have an informed opinion of it, and because I'll get to see it free. I have 0 expectation for this movie that doesn't involve the word "total and utter, failure". 
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GREGalicious
    @riri4life: I kno right...the random characters is the only problem i have.
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GREGalicious

I dunno why ppl keep complaining about these films not sticking to the source material. If the so-called fans want an EXACT play by play of the X-MEN: FIRST CLASS story, then they need to go buy the comic and cut the crying. 
    I personally dont really kno what kind of fool would want to limit themselves to the original story when they have this opportunity to create a new universe all there own. 
    This is just a different version, just like the AGE OF APOCALYPSE X-Men, ULTIMATE X-Men, or even X-Men 2099.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By SpidermanWins

I like their take on Riptide a lot. so exited but will I even see any footage I haven't already? They have revealed way too much.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By cosmo111687

Riptide's hair was really immaculate in that movie. Don't you think it would get blown around a bit with all that wind? What kind of gel does he use?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.