By .Mistress Redhead. 21 Comments
I was lucky enough to have Red Lamp our venerable creator and leader to sit down and take some time to allow me to practice my interview skills, creating a list of questions that are both for him and just for fun!
Read and enjoy!
1. What do you put in a toaster?
RL Raisin bread toast.
MR HA no you put BREAD in the toaster and TOAST comes out
2. What are you wearing? (Be clean please this is a family site)
RL Puma sneakers ( always! ). Jeans and plain T-Shirt. Camouflage boxer briefs for when it gets real.
3. What made you want to start ComicVine?
RL I grew up thinking that I wanted to be a magazine publisher. After college I found out how easy it was to turn that dream into something better through the power of the internets.
4. When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was your first thought?
RL Should I brush my teeth before or after breakfast?
5. Does working on ComicVine give you more or less time with your family?
RL It's not a 9-5 job that's for sure. Probably less :(
6. The obvious one now, but I am sure readers will want to know… What superpower would you have? And yes you can only choose one.
RL My super power is super farts. I can fly through the sky with them... by the seat of my pants!
MR Now I know the real person with the worst habit in the CV office
7. Do you still wear the original Red_Lamp costume or have you updated it at all?
RL I have never updated. It smells terrible. The entire thing was bought in the children's section of Target, so it's very tight, and I have to diet before I wear it.
8. Who has the worst habit in the ComicVine office?
RL G-Man. He cannot stop talking about comic books. That's why he's perfect for the job!
9. Who would win in a fight between Storm and Wonderwoman?
RL Storm. She beat cyclops in the danger room without her powers. It's the Batman VS Superman question. I say ultimately Batman/Storm.
10. What did you want to be when you were a child?
RL I wanted to own my own company in architecture or magazines. I wanted an empire! I wanted to be Lex Luthor but not bald or mean!
11. Did you steal the last cookie?
RL I'm on a low carb diet, so no, it wasn't me. Unless its a beef cookie?
MR No it was choc chip, I bet Babs stole it.
12. What would you do with a time machine?
RL Dirty stuff. I cannot elaborate at this time.
13. How many hats do you own?
RL At Comicvine? Hundreds.
14. We are almost half way now, are you sad it’s nearly over?
RL F*ck Yeah! oops.
MR I had to edit that!
15. What would be your “gold” interview for ComicVine or AnimeVice?
RL Take that timemachine back to around 1985 and interview Wendy Pini about Elf Quest. But I'd want her to be naked on a bear skin rug in front of a pack of wolves.
MR O_o I don’t think I will give you that time machine after all… unless you’re happy for me to join you but disappear to see Judd Nelson on the set of Breakfast Club… we will talk later.
16. What would be the title of a movie about you?
RL The Naked Wolf: A story of a man and his beast.
17. I am starting to run out of question ideas, can you tell?
RL I'm shocked you thought of this many for a moron like me.
MR I don’t interview morons ;)
18. Do you have one favourite comic artist and writer?
RL I'm old, so my favorite was always John Byrne. But nowadays I would say, Mark Millar for writing. Love Steve McNiven's art.
MR Aren’t you the same age as me? So what I am old…
19. If I gave you an elephant, where would you hide it?
RL I do have an elephant. I won't tell you what I mean by that.
20. What superheroes/Villains would you like to go partying with?
RL Colleen Wing she's wicked hot.
21. Coke or Pepsi?
RL Diet Pepsi.
22. What’s the speed of dark?
RL That one is easy. It's the direct inverse property of the speed of light divided by Pi and quantified by Z. Or, D = C*M+m/Pi * Z. Simply math really. If you have a flux capacitor I could show you.
MR I sold it on ebay, sorry
23. Best moment in Whiskey Media history
RL Paintball war games on my co-workers farm last December! I got pretty aggressive by the end. They should have cast me in Platoon or at least Tropic Thunder.
24. Who would you shout “off with their head” too?
RL Angry, mean people.
25. Who would you turn gay for?
RL Me, if I could clone myself. Will the timemachine clone too?
MR Hell yeah why not.
26. What do you prefer, Comics or Manga?
27. Favourite story arc of this last year?
RL Old Man Logan probably because it's an homage to the movie Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood.
28. Have you ever tried Vegemite? Want too? (if you don’t know what it is, it is a famous Australian spread)
RL I know what Vegimite is, I grew up listening to Men At Work. I've have marmite while living in England, not so great.
MR I will send the office some and you can all try it.
29. Favourite and least favourite characters in comics.
RL I'm not such a superhero fan in comics as I am a good story fan. So the stuff that I love are books like "Y: The Last Man" and "The Walking Dead". I guess I would not say I'm a fan of the characters exactly, so much as a fan of the story. But for superheros my favourite is Puck, just kidding.
30. Do you think we could all be a part of the Matrix?
RL Dude, I think about that once a week! I'm pretty sure we are actually. Reading about quantum physics, M theory and what not, makes me question if anything is real.
MR OMG me too!
Thanks to Red Lamp for shedding his superhero exterior and letting us see the man behind the massive hair, he has a super busy life and for him to help me out and allow me to practice my writing skills on him and learn how to be a good interview was a real gift to me. Thanks Ethan!
Special thanks to my honey for helping me come up with questions as well as telling me which ones were crap and which ones worked! <3
Mad Redhead (Madeleine) is busy studying (in between trying to get real work) to become a writer and film reviewer, help her to stretch her skills by giving positive feedback or contact her here