Community Written Articles!!

• 62 results
Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So is there enough interest in the PM group for content creators that I should try and make it? Or at least start a separate thread for it to see how people react?

It seems that so far no one is interested in taking a leadership role but perhaps I'm not being patient enough.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#53 inferiorego  Staff

Not sure if it's worth the shot but it's the only one we got. Imma try to get Matt down here.

@inferiorego: Hey man. I know you're tired and all but I just want your feedback on it. No rush with the response or anything.

community articles cannot be posted to the front page. only paid staff can do that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#56 SC  Moderator

@staticspeedster: Community Spotlight wasn't on the front page, it was just a pinned thread. Also you can't really just ask IE to magically create another staff member, I understand that you are enthusiastic, but thats just not really how it works. Its like if I asked you to "...maybe somehow donate 50 thousand dollars to CV smiley face" somethings are practical, some things are not.

I do sympathize with your earlier comments about getting "guided" by staff and moderators, but again, if it were that easy, it would have happened many times before. Or to put it another way, threads like this have been created before, when people are filled with emotion and passion, good things, but like many things, success is when individuals actually just put in consistent time and effort over long period of times, which is something they have to be motivated to do. Getting help from others is nice, but you can only control how much time and effort you yourself can put into something.

You also have to face the idea that you could spend a whole year putting up quality blogs that could be "comic book website main page worthy" every week, but only have five or six people comment on each one. I know it may seem frustrating to have people be skeptical, in a way though its just a call to real sustained action. Only guidance I could give for example, is have an idea and commit to it. Start now, instead of asking about community written articles, start writing and creating community articles. Now. Or create a PM with other users with similar ideas, pick a topic, started creating content, post it a day later. Organize a schedule of when to post more content. Stick to it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#57 pikahyper  Moderator

@staticspeedster: You do realize this site is owned by CBSi right? they would never allow web site users to have their work published on the front page for many many reasons: pay, legality, ownership, accountability, etc. and there is no way a staff member would be able to help anyone in the community in any way mentioned in this thread because that is not what they are paid to do. We were spoiled as part of Whiskey Media, staff were a part of the community, as part of a corporation now there is a disconnect between staff and users like any other faceless media outlet and any interacting the staff does now is probably off the clock and on their own time. Ego has enough on his plate now, spreading him thinner isn't going to help things.

Sorry if I'm being too blunt but all these threads and a chicken little community are getting annoying. Tony is a good guy, yes he started this place, he will be missed and he did a lot of good work over the years but after the buy out he became an employee of CBSi, employees come and go unfortunately and they don't interact with the public, people are interchangeable in the corporate world and the higher ups only care about the bottom line so users should just continue doing what they want to do; post, write, blog, edit, read, battle, RP, draw, interact, etc. just keep doing it or do more if you want but as long as the site keeps making money, attracts users and we don't cause CBSi any problems we should be fine.

As for those comparing us to AnimeVice or saying it's gone they are wrong, CV is nothing like AV and AV still exists both as a forum and a wiki.

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By StaticSpeedster

@pikahyper: Look I appreciate it that you're being blunt with me on this. I honestly never looked at it this way. Makes me quite ignorant eh? I know you know that this wasn't supposed to annoy anyone in any way. All some people here and I want to see are new articles on the site and we're willing to do it ourselves. All this was, was a try hard attempt to put stuff up the front page without Mat or any staff having to spread themselves too thin. Basically something the community and the staff could work on together. Now that you've told me all these things that I should have known, I guess all we can do is publish them on the forums and have readers for it just like it was something more than a forum blog. Something as big as a staff written article. It's what I'll try to setup so at least nothing here would end up looking like a bunch of chicken shit ideas. lol

Yes, I appreciate what Tony and Mat had done for the site all this years too. There's no denying that. And I have to admit Tony leaving made me worried for the site in some ways. Mat and Tony are like the two pillars of this site. But nonetheless, like I said above, I was gonna do this whether Tony left or not. So...... heh. :)

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@staticspeedster: Community Spotlight wasn't on the front page, it was just a pinned thread. Also you can't really just ask IE to magically create another staff member, I understand that you are enthusiastic, but thats just not really how it works. Its like if I asked you to "...maybe somehow donate 50 thousand dollars to CV smiley face" somethings are practical, some things are not.

I do sympathize with your earlier comments about getting "guided" by staff and moderators, but again, if it were that easy, it would have happened many times before. Or to put it another way, threads like this have been created before, when people are filled with emotion and passion, good things, but like many things, success is when individuals actually just put in consistent time and effort over long period of times, which is something they have to be motivated to do. Getting help from others is nice, but you can only control how much time and effort you yourself can put into something.

You also have to face the idea that you could spend a whole year putting up quality blogs that could be "comic book website main page worthy" every week, but only have five or six people comment on each one. I know it may seem frustrating to have people be skeptical, in a way though its just a call to real sustained action. Only guidance I could give for example, is have an idea and commit to it. Start now, instead of asking about community written articles, start writing and creating community articles. Now. Or create a PM with other users with similar ideas, pick a topic, started creating content, post it a day later. Organize a schedule of when to post more content. Stick to it.

I have to admit that was pretty stupid for me to say. I guess enthusiasm really does overshadow logic at times. lol

No Caption Provided

I'm thinking of getting a group of people (just like what @iara said above) to brainstorm article topics. If we got em, we'll post them out consistently and if we do this successfully then we could actually have community written articles on the forum! No need for them to be on the front page no more.

Thanks a lot. :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#60 pikahyper  Moderator

@staticspeedster: More quality content is never a bad thing. I just want people to look passed their own views to the bigger picture even though most of us don't know what that bigger picture is. With so little information theories and assumptions can run wild and it can get peoples hopes up and it can crush it and while this is a worthwhile thread it can have a negative impact, less so then the other threads of course but still an impact, as in it can lead to people leaving, especially with wiki editors cause they start to feel like their work will soon be gone and their time will have been wasted.

I do have a legit tip for all of you that want the site to continue and want to post more content, share it, if you create something here or you like a thread you are in or like an article link to it on twitter or facebook, if you have an appropriate offsite blog or web site post links to CV content there, don't get all spammy but the more CV content gets linked to and shared with the rest of the world the better off CV will be.

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

Thanks man. :) Will try to do it once we have everything set up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster said:

@dernman said:

In the five stages of grief i think this would fall under bargaining.

I'm in no grief. I would have written this article even if G_Man stayed.

I'd like to have my content featured. :v

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster said:

@dernman said:

In the five stages of grief i think this would fall under bargaining.

I'm in no grief. I would have written this article even if G_Man stayed.

I'd like to have my content featured. :v

Wut content? :3

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: The content I slave away to make for good of the community. :v