Tim Drake is Bisexual. Yay!

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dernman: very much disagree, I am bi and figuring out youre bi takes a lot of time. It’s not based on whether society is accepting or not it’s just tricky. Cause there’s no test that you pass and boom youre bi

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By dernman
@mo_ali said:

@dernman: very much disagree, I am bi and figuring out youre bi takes a lot of time. It’s not based on whether society is accepting or not it’s just tricky. Cause there’s no test that you pass and boom youre bi

One. Takes time doesn't mean anything when you have an open door into the character where you can see more about the character they it can see for himself. It's not like the real world. You know things about the character it's not aware of itself.

Two The society thing was a separate point and was addressing a particular point about being hard to come out do to what others think and react

Three. No point was made that suggested it was like a test.

Four You don't need to be bi to know these things or understand. You think strait people have everything figured out about themselves?

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@mo_ali said:

One. Takes time doesn't mean anything when you have an open door into the character where you can see more about the character they it can see for himself. It's not like the real world. You know things about the character it's not aware of itself.

Two The society thing was a separate point and was addressing a particular point about being hard to come out do to what others think and react

Four You don't need to be bi to know these things or understand. You think strait people have everything figured out about themselves?

I mean straight and gay and asexual people would be able to figure out their sexuality easier than bi people mainly cause it’s more evident

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Antebellum

WOW, STUNNING AND BRAVE.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By dernman
@mo_ali said:
@dernman said:
@mo_ali said:

I mean straight and gay and asexual people would be able to figure out their sexuality easier than bi people mainly cause it’s more evident

• It's not a fact that a bi person would have a harder time. You either like something or not. It's just a matter of being honest with yourself and coming to grips with it. That depends on the individual.
  • Even if it were true it's not so far beyond the limit where someone can relate.
  • Even if you took out sexuality there is always going to be something that someone has trouble figuring out about themselves to make them understand the struggle of knowing themselves.
Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I’m talking about nothing else but sexuality. And as a bi person and talking to irl bi friends believe me figuring out your sexuality is way more complicated when you’re bi,pan,omni etc cause you don’t not like anything. And I’m 16 while Tim is 18/19 which is around the exact age someone would realize they are bi

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Tim’s coming out is a bit sudden and he could’ve had a self discovery arc but like I like that they didnt make it a big deal. Tim saying “yeah i think I’d like that” means he’s given it thought before. Being bi also doesn’t change anything except help give him more options. I don’t see the discourse

Avatar image for deactivated-63abc1f72d85e
deactivated-63abc1f72d85e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustafa-28: that’s understandable too. It just would have had better optics if there had been a least some form of Tim ‘figuring out his sexuality’ before now. Wasn’t he in a long standing on again off again ship with Steph? They could have dropped some crumbs way back then. Made it appear as if it’s always been on the radar so to speak. You don’t just wake up one day in your twenties and realize you could go either way. On some level you’ve always known. Had inner thoughts and confusing struggles as you learn to accept who/what you are. But I could be wrong.

I did lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there's nothing wrong with them taking "straight" characters and making them not anymore since, change like this happens irl too. People often misinterpret their own feelings (especially in bi peoples cases) and that leads to them thinking they're straight when they aren't. some people do one day wake up and realize they aren't straight, sometimes it isn't so sudden.

and for the people losing their shit rn, it reeks of insecurities and like you're trying to convince yourself you're straight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Tim’s coming out is a bit sudden and he could’ve had a self discovery arc but like I like that they didnt make it a big deal. Tim saying “yeah i think I’d like that” means he’s given it thought before. Being bi also doesn’t change anything except help give him more options. I don’t see the discourse

there's no such thing as "a bit sudden" when it comes to figuring out sexuality or self identity in general, I also see this as his self discovery arc. It also seems like this is taken out of context/there's more too it than just this one panel due to the "other night"

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the uproar if a writer one day just decided to turn an originally gay character straight. I'm sure you'd get far fewer people saying "Wow think of all the new stories that could tell."

It's pathetic that people find meaningless virtue signaling like this something to be excited about.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f3a8e120119
deactivated-62f3a8e120119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In DC you either die a hero or live long enough to randomly become gay or bi.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akztemp: booster gold died at the best time tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f3a8e120119
deactivated-62f3a8e120119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the uproar if a writer one day just decided to turn an originally gay character straight. I'm sure you'd get far fewer people saying "Wow think of all the new stories that could tell."

It's pathetic that people find meaningless virtue signaling like this something to be excited about.

Well that’s the thing, they didn’t turn him gay. They aren’t invalidating his past relationship. He’s just bi which is completely understandable and honestly fits his character better

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does that mean that Tim x Conner has a possibility now 👀 my crack ship is more of a weed boat now

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperthegrim: Well everyone hated how ice was handled including queer people so I’d think thr reaction would be the same. Plus we were never told that Tim was straight, we knew he liked women but never told he ONLY liked women

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korraalone:

Does that mean that Tim x Conner has a possibility now 👀 my crack ship is more of a weed boat now

👀👀👀

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When half your superhero roster is bisexual, you know you got a problem lol.

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mustafa-28
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustafa-28: uhm

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: oh you meant batfamily and not dc as a whole lol. Well why would a lot of them being bi matter

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustafa-28: Overly represented, etc.

Also I was talking about DC in General.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess him and Cassie isn’t a thing anymore?

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its better than the way Marvel just ignored the 50 years of Ice-Man being in committed heterosexual relationships. If a characters sexual orientation is the most important thing about that character then that character is really boring.

Yeah, that was just a slap in the face to everyone involved. I'm not against gay heroes...but at least give a good reason for such a massive change to take place...or how about make a new hero so you don't run into this issue in the 1st place?

Iceman being gay is about as plausible as me one day telling my girlfriend, who I adore and love that I'm gay 'cuz someone told me I am'.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the problem there?.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Forced crap, is what. You know what they say.

Get woke, go broke.

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@joker567892 said:

period

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another lazy and garbage appeal to the woke crowd. Take an established character we all love and change his sexuality. Now all the established fans of the character have to begrudgingly go along with it despite being a completely different departure from the character.

Decades upon decades of not being gay, but now 2021 called and Batman isn't gay enough.

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another lazy and garbage appeal to the woke crowd. Take an established character we all love and change his sexuality. Now all the established fans of the character have to begrudgingly go along with it despite being a completely different departure from the character.

Decades upon decades of not being gay, but now 2021 called and Batman isn't gay enough.

They didn’t change his sexuality. They aren’t erasing Tim in any sense just adding to his character in a sense. Comic book fans didn’t seem to have such a hard time grasping Harley cuz ofc

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was listening to NPR on the way into work this morning and they mentioned this. I had to go to work so I didn't listen to the whole thing, but this article covers it and covers it in the way expected.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/10/1026482411/batmans-sidekick-robin-comes-out-it-makes-sense-if-you-were-paying-attention

And this was the actual audio clip

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/11/1026628929/robin-batmans-sidekick-comes-out-as-bisexual

Cheerleading it. This is I believe part of the reason they did it. Marvel and DC may not be chasing sales like they used to, but they crave positive mentions on any sort of media and this is the sort of thing that a lot of the media loves to celebrate. They also love goading people (as in my opinion Bendis did with Bobby) and claiming the role of victim of a right wing hate mob on twitter.

To those here who are cheering it, I hope you get what you want. And I would love to read it too. I'm straight, but old and I can remember when this sort of thing wasn't even whispered in polite society. Anyone here ever read the "Well of Loneliness" by Radcliffe Hall? That's an entire book about finding your sexual identity within a very restrictive society, the book was actually banned when it came out in 1928. But it is a very good exploration of what it means to be that different emotionally. When you think of if Tim exploring this part of himself is what every person has to do eventually, we all have to find our sexual identity and a lot of the time it's not easy for a lot of reasons. If the writer at DC wants to go this way, to explore how and why Tim's doing this and put in the stressful context of supervillains, aliens and other comic book menaces then it is going to be a very challenging bit of writing. If the writer succeeds this will be a great story, but is any comic book writer up to this level these days? Mostly what we are getting is splash pages, stunts and crossovers, not in depth emotionally complex and nuanced stories.

killerboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By killerboi

Even more reason not to read anything with Tim drake.

killerboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe the AIDs and other STI and STDs will spread more...

...he can get his passport to Canada cos

No Caption Provided

Trudeau is also happy

All great answers

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimensionpopup said:

No Caption Provided

Trudeau is also happy

@datstupidguy said:

All great answers

Ok troll

killerboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustafa-28: Overly represented, etc.

Also I was talking about DC in General.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay? more like gay 🤢

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustafa-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustafa-28 said:
@killerboi said:
@dimensionpopup said:

No Caption Provided

Trudeau is also happy

@datstupidguy said:

All great answers

Ok troll

Ok f*gg*t

Your acc is so bait

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cocacolaman  Moderator

See that's the thing though, if a character's not straight typically that's a big part of their character, kind of like how Black Panther is directly tied with his race, but less well done than with Black Panther because a lot of writers don't want to write good, they want to appeal to what's popular because that's what makes them money.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Forced crap, is what. You know what they say.

Get woke, go broke

How is it forced?, It doesn't take anything away from his character or the story and he had no label prior to this.

Ok let's even assume it was "forced", if it was forced, how does it affect the story that it is such a problem for you ?🤨

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: That's not exactly new. One of the reasons that Virgil wrote the Aeneid to please the Romans after all, knowing that flattering them would get him money. Imagining themselves as descendants of Troy appealed to the Roman mind. But while that may be one of the reasons he wrote it, he also put effort into the characters and plot.

But why it's written should be a side issue, the main issues are 1) is it any good and 2) will the change be part of the character going forward or will this be trotted out everytime they want to write a preachy story on intolerance.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you please show me a comic, a page or a panel of Tim Drake saying he was straight?!, If not , there's no change.

Will you die if you "go along" with it, I thought y'all read comics for the plot, why is the person Tim is kissing or fucking so important to you, why are you so concerned about another's man romantic/sexual life, that's very gay of you if you ask me

No Caption Provided

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@joker567892 said:

period

They're so dumb lmao

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One proof that Tim was straight?, Give me one, quick.🤨

Yes, heterosexuality is boring, tasteless and overplayed so it can't tell any new stories. Awnn, is someone jealous thier sexuality is basic and outdated😢?

If it's meaningless, why are you so pressed?🤨.