MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

death4bunnies  Moderator

Poll MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman (598 votes)

MCU Spiderman 47%
DCEU Aquaman 53%
No Caption Provided

MCU Spiderman gets his Iron-Spider Armor and FFH feats.

Aquaman gets full gear.

Both in character but willing to fight hard.

Location DCEU Metropolis bridge.

No Caption Provided

• 
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 death4bunnies  Moderator

@ashrym said:

@death4bunnies: Spiderman was grunting in pain hitting garbage cans while getting dragged along the street by a van in Homecoming and needs a parachute while Aquaman can just jump from a plane and hit the ground. Needing the parachute at the end of FFH before gliding into the drones indicates those higher showings for Spiderman are still questionable. So does the condition he was in after that fight.

It looks to me like people claiming Spiderman is Aquaman durability or better are looking at Spiderman's high showings and Aquaman's low showings.

Oh I didnt mean to do that at all.

I think Spiderman will be hurt and or injured by every Aquaman punch.

I think Aquaman has a higher durability than Spiderman.

But when comparing Spidermans strength and strikes to Aquamans durability I don't think its unfair to say some amount of strikes from Spiderman would put him down. ( I think 10-20)

I think Aquaman hits harder and has better durability but not to the point where Spiderman cant hurt Aquaman ever, or to the point that Aquaman automatically oneshots.(I think Spiderman can withstand 1-4 shots with heavy damage each time)

----

I guess the reason I'm even looking at low ends for Aquaman is because of the claim that Spiderman cant hurt Aquaman, the claim that Aquaman cant hurt Spiderman hasn't been made.

----

I think people are looking at speed, mobility, and spider sense to say that Peter lands a bunch of strikes before Aquaman tags him.

How many and if this can reach Aquamans durability threshold before Aquaman 'gets' him is still a matter of contention in my head.

---

I give Pete a very slim majority not because hes more durable or stronger; but because hes more versatile with his webs and Iron-Spider arms; plus of course the speed and precog advantage.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: He removed me from the spam and apologized. I guess he went back and saw that I didn’t do what he thought I did.

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: But i'm still perplexed as to why i'm in his list? The hell did i do? lmao

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By HulkBusterx9

@death4bunnies: The spam is funny but it’s not funny at the same time.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 death4bunnies  Moderator

Bump.

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 death4bunnies  Moderator

Need to stop giving Black Manta feats to Spiderman. Aquaman being hurt by Manta isnt a feat for Spiderman. Its a feat for Manta's tech..

I dont think people are giving Spiderman Mantas feat, but rather saying based on Spidermans own feats he can replicate that kind of knockback, and environmental damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Peter can win, he's faster, and he should have comparable physicals. Suit gives him an edge.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 death4bunnies  Moderator

@ecstaticgrace:

I would agree that Aquaman is both more durable and stronger than Spider-Man; but I don’t think Aquaman is so durable that he can tank a unlimited amount of Spideys strikes..

—-

I also think Spidey is faster and has a pre cog edge.

—-

How many solid shots from Spider-Man do you think aquaman can withstand?

A unlimited number?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 death4bunnies  Moderator
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 death4bunnies  Moderator
kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By kalkent

@death4bunnies: No, it shouldn't. Iron Man's arc reactor is the overall determiner of the suit's durability, and not to mention that the suit is much more bulky and thicker than the Iron Spider.

Think about it like this. The Nano tech suit can probably take a few hits from a blood-lusted DCEU Superman due to the meteor and thanos beatdown feats. Do you picture Spider-Man being able to take a full powered hit from DCEU Superman?

And to add, Aquaman survived a punch from Superman and came back like 30 seconds later, wtf is Spider-man gonna do to him?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 death4bunnies  Moderator

@kalkent said:

@death4bunnies: No, it shouldn't. Iron Man's arc reactor is the overall determiner of the suit's durability, and not to mention that the suit is much more bulky and thicker than the Iron Spider.

Think about it like this. The Nano tech suit can probably take a few hits from a blood-lusted DCEU Superman due to the meteor and thanos beatdown feats. Do you picture Spider-Man being able to take a full powered hit from DCEU Superman?

And to add, Aquaman survived a punch from Superman and came back like 30 seconds later, wtf is Spider-man gonna do to him?

Spiderman did take a slam from Thanos in the Ironspider suit, and the Ironspider is powered by 3 micro arc reactors, but Ironmans mark 50 has 15 micro arc reactors (im looking for the source now, ill post it here in a sec)

-----

How Spiderman can win?

Web him up, electrocute him, and take free shots.

Based on the Black Manta fight that will be enough.

Spiderman was busting the stone walls of buildings by accidentally swinging into them in 'FFH'; he broke 4 inch think ballistic glass in 'Homecoming', and he rocked Giant Man in 'CivilWar'.

Spiderman (with the help of his AI) can increase the voltage of his taser webs to combat advanced threats(he increases them by 25% in FFH)---Aquaman has shown that electricity stuns him and I think that will lead to some free shots.

---

Spiderman also has a massive advantage in speed and precog.

He cleared a hallway full of drones with his eyes closed.

Absurdme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first post and I'm calling it for Aquaman in a close endurance fest.

Points of interest to me:

Iron Spider armor is at least 1/3 to 1/4 the thickness of the Bleeding Edge armor so it is not going to absorb anywhere near the same force. I could go on a long thing about armor that may or may not be relatively correct, but I do support the notion that it is in the realm of the Bleeding Edge when coupled with Peter's natural ability to absorb impacts as evidenced in Infinity War. It is, however, armor and will mitigate pain which Peter seems to feel more substantively than Aquaman. The armor will fail eventually I believe, but that will be towards the end of a longer fight.

Aquaman is more naturally durable. We can focus all day on taking punches from whom, but the man fell hundreds of feet riding a parademon like a surfboard into a brick apartment building and walked away like he was just plain excited. He also wasn't concerned at all about falling further at any point despite not knowing what he would land on. This may have been reckless, but it also shows an awareness of what he can take combined with an overall ability to react to his surroundings in a defensive manner.

Both characters are immensely strong with very hard to gauge overall capacities due to hollywood's general inaccuracy. Aquaman's feat with the building shows greater strength in a situation that can be compared to that of Spider-man who has a lot of experience with collapsing buildings. Aquaman not only endures the forces of such impacts, but shrugs them off and maintains better composure. Peter's striking capacity inside a hardened Iron-Spider gauntlet may be enough to rock Aquaman, but in overall applications of strength Aquaman seems superior. This will translate especially well to any grappling scenario which will likely result out of necessity to slow Peter down on Aquaman's part.

In regards to speed and perception... Film-makers cannot and will not film in constant VFX super speed shots. It's both prohibitively expensive and would ruin the movies tempo. Aquaman is shown to hand with speedsters repeatedly and consistently. He shows quick reactions to numerous situations in a manner at least close to on the level of Peter, if not quite reaching it due to the lack of intuition provided by the spidey-sense. In other words anything happening within his sight is likely fair game for him to react to. Peter's advantage is going to be in being able to control the tempo of the fight and react to unseen actions by Arthur. In other words Peter is going to avoid taking follow up hits when he gets rocked or is otherwise mildly incapacitated (during/after being thrown and manhandled, face shoved into a wall etc). This is one of the main reasons he can hang with someone who is stronger and more innately durable. Even when he doesn't avoid taking hits he will mitigate them better and make full use of that armor.

Webbing is more useful defensively than offensively as Peter has shown a penchant for using it to mitigate impacts and conduct surprise attacks. The bridge/cityscape comes into play here.

Neither character is likely to do what would end the fight quickly by impaling the other, with the trident for Arthur, or the Iron-Spider legs for Peter. While Peter is technically the better fighter in terms of striking above his weight and tactic; Arthur is too hardened and stalwart for him overall. I see Peter impressing Arthur early on but unable to put him down in most instances before Arthur can cope.

Note: I'd pay to see this fight. It would be a good one. Although Peter shows greater adaptability (it is a hallmark of the character); Arthur shows some interestingly abnormal disregard for certain potential harms and proves un-phased by a number of situations. The plucky geek from Queens does have a good shot at a heavy hitter in that armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Black Manta’s suit likely gives him Atlantean level stats. Because the Atlanteans in the same armor were able to hurt Aquaman and knock him out with their strikes. I can see the taser webs causing Spiderman to get snatched and grounded in a similar way Manta did. When you compare the durability feats for all Atlanteans since they all have the same biological abilities Aquaman is way too tough for Spiderman to take down. Aquaman was getting thrown through pillars by Karathen, smashed into rock by Orm, hit so hard by SW that he broke a bridge, and jumping out of planes unarmed. Orm survived a huge hit by Karathen that sent him into a ship and he left a huge dent in it. Or him and Aquaman making shockwaves in their fight underwater. And one was so large that it blew the audience back. Orm also survived a huge fall when Mera dropped him in mid air. There are numerous more. I’d say AM is more on Tony’s level durabilitywise.

Based on spider-man’s striking feats, I don’t think he can accumulate enough damage to significantly hurt Aquaman. I also can see this fight coming down to a lot of close quarters once SM notices that his webs are working against him or are ineffective. Aquaman hits hard with or without his weapons and his other stats allow him to contend. Aquaman is way above his level tbh.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 death4bunnies  Moderator

@absurdme:

Thank you for the in-depth and legit breakdown my guy.

That was awesome to read.

Absurdme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

What else is there to do when home sick from work with a 102 fever but nerd out!

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 death4bunnies  Moderator

@hermes1220:

Im one of those that believes water amps Aquaman (just based his fights in and out of water).

I also think a lot of his underwater speed/strength feats are partially due to the jet propulsion effect of his underwater movement.

I think Spidermans striking feats are enough to eventually put Aquaman down, maybe not in 1 shot or even 10, but I think around 15 Aquaman will be dazed, and anymore could lead to injury.

Here are a few Spiderman feats.

Staggering Giantman. (Giantman was no selling gunfire and missiles to the face, Pete seems to punch about as hard as a combined Warmachine/Ironman)

Staggering Thanos. (I know this seems like a outlier, but I think we can credit this to the IronSpider)

Spiderman also uses his webs in a classic "web in your eye" move on Thanos; that I think will be helpful for a free shot or two.

---

I dont think these feats are so outrageous for someone who in there very first scene stopped a speeding car, and caught Culls punch, and can hold himself and Strange from the vacuum of space, and breaks parts of stone buildings when he accidentally swings into them.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 death4bunnies  Moderator

@absurdme said:

@death4bunnies:

What else is there to do when home sick from work with a 102 fever but nerd out!

Dam, I hope you feel better.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman still wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: These are nice feats but they honestly didn’t really do anything to the person he was fighting.

I don’t think water does anything but give him great propulsion. The Atlantean tech is made to fight other Atlanteans, therefore, in or out of water it will be able to contend. The belief that water amps Atlanteans is baseless tbh. And yes part of his feats come from propulsion, but it doesn’t change the fact him and Orm were creating shockwaves by just hitting each other and swinging at each other as well.

Spider-Man is by no means weak but even some of the super soldier level characters have performed feats similar to those. Minus Cull’s punch. The Vulture fight says a lot about how easily blunt force takes Spider-Man out.

Absurdme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

After a week where for whatever reason I have ended up reviewing basically every spider-man movie appearance for commentary... My opinion here remains unchanged. Aquaman wins a prolonged battle. Speed only kills if you possess superior firepower compared to the resilience of your opponent, that's not true here. I would still pay good money for this fight though.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and it's not even close

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers