MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman

Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) 11 days, 7 hours ago

Poll: MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman (127 votes)

MCU Spiderman 44%
DCEU Aquaman 56%
No Caption Provided

MCU Spiderman gets his Iron-Spider Armor and FFH feats.

Aquaman gets full gear.

Both in character but willing to fight hard.

Location DCEU Metropolis bridge.

No Caption Provided

#1 Edited by Smarinteko (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman could win by speed and webs shot.

#3 Edited by TonyMartial (10156 posts) - - Show Bio

With full gear Arthur would clown him. Make him unarmed and gearless like in the Manta fight then he can make a good effort.

#4 Posted by HERMES1220 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins pretty easily tbh.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#5 Posted by FinalKingThanos (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight Arthur would likely edge it eventually 6-7/10

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#6 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7800 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a stomp but Aquaman likely wins Spiderman can't really do much to Aquaman while his trident will filet Spiderman

#7 Edited by g2_ (12243 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins.

#8 Posted by eri123 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#9 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey. Too fast for aquaman to tag and too durable for him to do any good damage if he somehow does tag him.

#10 Edited by Smarinteko (88 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by HERMES1220 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@smarinteko: No, he was being electrocuted by Black Manta. The electricity was passing through a hook that was beneath his skin. Then he snatched Black Manta into him and put him into the ground.

#13 Posted by geekryan (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a stomp but Aquaman likely wins Spiderman can't really do much to Aquaman while his trident will filet Spiderman

#14 Posted by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's durability will be tough to get through, but he has no chance of tagging Spidey. Peter should eventually either wear him down or steal the trident with his speed/webs and then it's game over.

#16 Edited by tanhausergate (196 posts) - - Show Bio

On paper, Arthur should be capable of bodying Peter. But in spite of physiology that can withstand tens of thousands of force due to life underwater he’s probably closer to Asgardian level (being generous). Sure he has a feat of sending Steppenwolf flying, but Peter is no slouch in taking hard hits (blows From Thanos, being hit by a bullet train, and having a parking lot collapse on him). He’s plenty durable and his agility/speed advantage mean he’s going to dance around Arthur. The trident is never going to touch him, and Arthur will eventually be webbed up

If it came to Melee Arthur would undoubtedly win, but he’s too slow to ever touch Peter and gets incapped IMO.

#17 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m backing Spider-Man.

Way too fast for Aquaman and plenty strong enough to hurt him. Also his webs are a major problem

#18 Edited by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

No one going to address the elephant in the room? They are on a bridge and well, Karathan is a big assist as he can call to her. 'Talking' to fish is part of his powerset after all. He can also summon the trench 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: as far as speed is concerned he fought evenly against Steppy with Wonder Woman. W.O.N.D.E.R. W.O.M.A.N.

Still haven't seen FFH yet but Aquabro is being highly, highly underestimated here.

#20 Edited by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

as far as speed is concerned he fought evenly against Steppy with Wonder Woman. W.O.N.D.E.R. W.O.M.A.N.

If you're suggesting that Aquaman is as fast as Wonder Woman (casual bullet timer) then I strongly disagree. Yes he did well against Steppenwolf, but none of them were using super speed in that fight barring Flash and that one time Diana sped over to block falling rubble. The DC movies tend to make it very obvious when super speed is being used, and imo there is no indication of Diana, Arthur, or Steppenwolf using it in that scene. Plus, he wasn't portrayed as having super speed on land at all in his movie, so that wouldn't really make sense.

#21 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

No fish for Aquaman, and no -spoiler- for Spider-Man.

Basically no one can call in help.

——————-

#22 Edited by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@deep_silver: The slow motion, the blurred movement, sonic booms, etc, are just vfx to show us these characters are fast; not that those specific visuals have to happen for them to be moving at super speed every time. Lets not judge based on lack of a visual flare when they have feats to back them up. Besides the insinuation would be that Wondy wasn't going all out against Steppy, which is a hell of a stretch. Supes I can maybe understand but Steppenwolf? Nah.

#23 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

FFH Spider-Man has a speed feat above DCEU Diana.....it is chalk full of spoilers.

I think everyone is avoiding mentioning it to you.

#24 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: i think I know what it is and that's fine. It's just Arthur's stats plus the trident of Atlan; i don't see Spidey winning. It won't be a stomp due to iron spider.

Here's a question: do we separate feats from suits like we do Iron Man? If so, do any of Spidey's FFH suits outmatched Iron Spider?

#25 Edited by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I just don't think it makes sense to take a character with no other super speed feats, and assume that they have super speed which they choose to never use based on a scene with no apparent super speed. And I think WW not going all out with her speed is just PIS.

#26 Posted by Bearderby (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey

#27 Posted by Amendment50 (15844 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#28 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

I specified in the OP that the Iron-Spider carries FFH feats.

Without that specification a argument could be made that Peter can’t move as fast in the heavy armor.

I think the Iron-Spider has more functionality due to the Spider-Arms and adds a bit more durability.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#29 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermes1220:

How does he break out of webs that could stop a car going at 60 km/h?

#30 Edited by HERMES1220 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverinebatmanftw: Did I say he breaks out of them? No, what I said was a response to someone asking if he can be electrocuted significantly.

Avatar image for abstractdimension
#31 Posted by AbstractDimension (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman would pull off more wins than Spidey

Peter's webs will have no effect..they're a non factor

Spidey's strength is good but it seems Aquaman is just as strong, maybe stronger actually and his durability is better. He took a shot from Superman and was fine. Peter may be quicker, but not by THAT much, his spider sense isn't very impressive if he even has it. Aquaman would outlast and beat Peter.

#32 Edited by HERMES1220 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanhausergate: Just wondering, how is he asgardian level? Everything he’s done in and outside water is above that by far.

And Peter high key barely is asgardian level tbh. He was getting hurt when flying into metal and stone and barely making any cosmetic damage on it. If you compare them feat by feat, Spider-Man is out statted by far. If you compare the fights and blows they’ve survived. Spider-Man can’t do anything but try to survive.

#33 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractdimension:

Have you seen FFH?

Because you seem to be mistaken on a major plot point of the movie?

#34 Posted by AbstractDimension (52 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by AbstractDimension (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Oh the whole "Peter tingle" thing? Yeah it's not very impressive nor fleshed out. It will not make a difference, he hardly uses it. He only used it at the very end against Mysterio when he was about to be shot.

#37 Posted by death4bunnies (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Oh the whole "Peter tingle" thing? Yeah it's not very impressive nor fleshed out. It will not make a difference, he hardly uses it. He only used it at the very end against Mysterio when he was about to be shot.

I can respect your opinion, but.....

He did that whole scene with his eye completely closed.

Loading Video...

#38 Edited by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractdimension: That is just not true. He can dodge automatic gunfire from multiple sources at once with it

#39 Posted by AbstractDimension (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@deep_silver: Sure, but is that his enhanced agility or 'spider sense'? How do you really know when he uses it? There is no special sound or theme when it's utilized. Plus he constantly gets tagged when his spider sense should be constantly bailing him out. He should be untouchable, but he's not.

#40 Posted by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractdimension: Because he says "Come on Peter tingle" then closes his eyes and dodges bullets that he can't see. They couldn't really imply it any more without stating it outright. And he got tagged before because he wasn't in tune with the ability until the end of FFH. It was a significant plot point that he wasn't fully utilizing it until now

#41 Posted by AbstractDimension (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@deep_silver: Yeah I mentioned that in my post, it wasn't until the end that he used his spider sense. It took a gun to his head for it to happen. Look I don't want to argue okay.. whether his peter tingle is active or inactive I choose Aquaman ftw.

#42 Posted by Deep_Silver (30 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#43 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermes1220:

Oh, lol, I didn't even see your other posts. Was just responding to the first one in which you said "Aquaman wins pretty easily tbh"

#44 Posted by Lan_Fan (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman would win eventually.

#45 Posted by StellatedColt (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting but I still siding with Aquaman. Tom Holland did get a decent buff and I'd think that Iron Spider is his best suit but Aquaman stronger and more durable. Holland Spidey sense will make it close but I still feel that Arthur would tag him eventually. And it would hurt him more than he would hurt Arthur.

#46 Edited by jullatguard (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractdimension said:

Aquaman would pull off more wins than Spidey

Peter's webs will have no effect..they're a non factor

Spidey's strength is good but it seems Aquaman is just as strong, maybe stronger actually and his durability is better. He took a shot from Superman and was fine. Peter may be quicker, but not by THAT much, his spider sense isn't very impressive if he even has it. Aquaman would outlast and beat Peter.

His spider sense was unimpressive? Lmao. The same one that allowed him to close his eyes and dodge rapid gun fire from multiple angles in a narrow hallway from constantly moving drones...? And not get tagged? That spider sense? Wew lad, yea I guess.. And he has it per end of the movie he mastered it. So thats not a question.

Anyway i really dont see arthur tagging him now.

#47 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@deep_silver: understood but I think scaling regardless of vfx should count. Think Thanos vs Thor or Iron Man. They both have MHS attack speed and in both cases, flight speed. So it wouldn't make sense that Thanos could keep up with them unless his reaction speed scales to them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2615fcd8dea
#48 Posted by deactivated-5d2615fcd8dea (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is faster and the suit gives him some decent offensive capabilities, but I don't think it'll be enough to beat Aquaman.

He won't activate instant kill mode, even though I don't think it would be effective against someone like Arthur anyway, and he doesn't have the damage output to drop Arthur.

The trident is fully capable of killing Peter, and even if he can't be tagged via a trident toss, Aquaman could eventually wear Peter down, pin him down, and then stab him.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#49 Posted by FinalKingThanos (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

as far as speed is concerned he fought evenly against Steppy with Wonder Woman. W.O.N.D.E.R. W.O.M.A.N.

If you're suggesting that Aquaman is as fast as Wonder Woman (casual bullet timer) then I strongly disagree. Yes he did well against Steppenwolf, but none of them were using super speed in that fight barring Flash and that one time Diana sped over to block falling rubble. The DC movies tend to make it very obvious when super speed is being used, and imo there is no indication of Diana, Arthur, or Steppenwolf using it in that scene. Plus, he wasn't portrayed as having super speed on land at all in his movie, so that wouldn't really make sense.

Agree with that mate.

#50 Posted by RetroMetro (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquabro 7/10... Peter was very impressive in far from home.