MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

death4bunnies  Moderator

Poll MCU Spiderman vs DCEU Aquaman (597 votes)

MCU Spiderman 47%
DCEU Aquaman 53%
No Caption Provided

MCU Spiderman gets his Iron-Spider Armor and FFH feats.

Aquaman gets full gear.

Both in character but willing to fight hard.

Location DCEU Metropolis bridge.

No Caption Provided

• 
ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#201  Edited By ashjhadiiaskll

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Yes, Falcon moved, but he couldn't actually do anything.

No Caption Provided

Aquaman moves he kills him

The rest of your post isnt even worth replying to. People are just going in circles and lowballing at this point. I stated and showed how he tags spiderman I suggest you go re read my post..im not repeating myself. Spiderman isnt doing a thing to Aquaman

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

Im one of those that thinks Aquaman in water> Aquaman outside of water.

Which is baseless because his performance against hightiers (SM, SW, Orm, Karathen) is still the same on both land and water.

I can understand and respect your outlook tho.

Also I wasnt trying to lowball, infact I hate to look at anti feats, but they seem necessary to determine the minimum damage that will affect a character.

Really though? Let me put it this way, Aquaman has faced Orm, Karathen, Superman, Steppenwolf, yet the only one you're using is Blackmanta who BTW had Atlantean gear and tech, yet when Aquaman got serious still bodied him despite the fact Aquaman was injured by then. Like I said, using Aquaman's low-showings Spider-man stands a chance otherwise he gets beaten.

Here are a few striking feats that I believe suggest Spiderman can hurt and eventually put down Aquaman.

Feats that surpass Steppenwolf, Orm, Superman or Karathen? I'd like to see them.

Id say 15-20 solid hits from Spidey would do it.

They won't, not by a long shot.

Spiderman has a few others in FFH (like swinging into a brick building a breaking a large chunk of it) but im waiting on gifs.

That's amateur stuff, Aquaman surfed through a building, hill busting blasts, multiple pillars, Orm's underwater clash, SM's punch, Steppenwolf's axe...

Ill just speak on underwater Aquaman vs out of water Aquaman man.

Would it be fair to say that underwater Aquaman receives atleast a boost in speed, and maneuverability?

I think speed and maneuverability are clearly amped when he gets in the water, and I think some of his feats can be directly attributed to the jet propulsion effect he exhibits underwater.

The Aquaman respect thread I pull gifs from is down right now, but I basically think his striking underwater is sometimes amped with speed, and I think his on land showings seem weaker than his underwater showings.

I even think he did better against Steppenwolf underwater than on land.

I understand and respect your position tho.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Buoyant things float, do you agree that the Sub was buoyant? It floated.

You never addressed the jet propulsion effect of Aquaman underwater.

Do you think hes faster and more maneuverable underwater?

Based on his fight out of water and in water I dont think its unfair for me to think water amps him.

The Orm fight and the Manta fight sere on 2 different levels.

Also I think Aquaman faired better against Steppenwolf underwater than he did out of water.

spiderboi038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll:

And you still haven't addressed how Arthur is gonna tag a post-FFH Peter, who could maneuver around streams of gunfire from multiple drones in a confined hallway.

Show me one combat speed feat that puts Arthur on a level to tag post-FFH Peter.

Maybe you haven't seen it yet. Well, here you go:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ashjhadiiaskll:

First of all, Falcon himself didn't do much. He lightly brushed a button on his gauntlet. Redwing did the rest. Does Arthur have a weaponised drone? No, so that argument's out of the window.

Also,

"Aquaman moves he kills him"

What are you trying to say here?

I looked at your posts. No feats for Arthur that put him remotely on Peter's level in terms of combat speed. You show me Arthur reacting to thousands of rounds of bullets and maybe I'll agree with you.

And no, I am not trying to lowball Arthur. He is definitely stronger and more durable than Peter but he is not moving if wrapped up enough webbing and consistent punches from Pete will eventually KO him.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man:

Would it be fair to say that underwater Aquaman receives atleast a boost in speed, and maneuverability?

Not really, his Atlantean biology (stated in the opening of Aquaman movie) is what enables him to move at those speeds and maneuver underwater, no boosts. the same way he can breathe, talk (both to fish and other Atlanteans), see in the dark underwater as well as handle the pressures of the deep seas. He has all these abilities already, he just doesn't have a way of applying most of them on dry land.

I think speed and maneuverability are clearly amped when he gets in the water, and I think some of his feats can be directly attributed to the jet propulsion effect he exhibits underwater.

He doesn't get amped, he just gets a medium that he can apply them. He cant very well swim in the air. the jet propulsion as a result of his Atlantean biology and not speed boosts.

The Aquaman respect thread I pull gifs from is down right now, but I basically think his striking underwater is sometimes amped with speed, and I think his on land showings seem weaker than his underwater showings.

Nope, SW toyed with him and left at his pleasure with the motherbox while Aquaman watched and there was nothing he could do.

I understand and respect your position tho.t

If Aquaman was weaker on land or as weak as Spiderman level then he would have been constantly one-shotted starting from Manta blast, skydiving (twice) SM's punch, SW's axe.

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man said:

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Based on his fight out of water and in water I dont think its unfair for me to think water amps him.

Also I think Aquaman faired better against Steppenwolf underwater than he did out of water.

Are you trolling? Because youre just acting like it right now. The sub was under water.....they did not ascend on their own...aquaman pushed it to the surface.....what happened after that is completely irrelevant and you know it is so i dont know why youre wasting my time.

I dont need to address it...Quicksilver cant lift a submarine.

So you think because he can swim faster than he can run.....you get to decide to make up rules for his power set regarding strength and durability that conveniently help you in battles? Based on Dodging black manta...reacting to people who react to arrows and missiles on land....reacting to grenade launchers and bullets....on land....no i think youre just lowballing

And Ocean master did better underwater than he did on land....and why did they say was the reason.. Because theyre use to fighting in an underwater environment.

Yeah and Thanos fought against starlord and spiderman are ona different level than Hulk and Thor...and yet...he lost to starlord and beat thor. Youre not using logic..youre just using abc logic

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: Im not interested on your take or your opinion. Falcon could move while webbed up.................an still took out spiderman.....what you think was impressive does not concern me. Any moron with a working brain would go....gee falcon could barely move and still took out spiderman.....Wtf is aquaman going to do like peters webs will any effect at all on someone who lifts submarine when his webs couldnt even hold a ferry which weighs much less.

You also keep ignoring that his webs can be dodged grabbed etc etc, Im sick of you people just trying to ignore 80% of a post so you can ramble on about what you think is impressive or not to wank

Aquaman stomps.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Tin-Man

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

Not really, his Atlantean biology (stated in the opening of Aquaman movie) is what enables him to move at those speeds and maneuver underwater, no boosts. the same way he can breathe, talk (both to fish and other Atlanteans), see in the dark underwater as well as handle the pressures of the deep seas. He has all these abilities already, he just doesn't have a way of applying most of them on dry land.

He doesn't get amped, he just gets a medium that he can apply them. He cant very well swim in the air. the jet propulsion as a result of his Atlantean biology and not speed boosts.

Nope, SW toyed with him and left at his pleasure with the motherbox while Aquaman watched and there was nothing he could do.

If Aquaman was weaker on land or as weak as Spiderman level then he would have been constantly one-shotted starting from Manta blast, skydiving (twice) SM's punch, SW's axe.

Im not exactly arguing why he has jet propulsion underwater, im just saying he does, and he can hit harder with it.

Like when Superman flys into a opponent rather than standing punch them, I think when Aquaman swims into a opponent its stronger than his normal punch.

/

You dont think Spiderman has durability feats on this level with the Iron Spider?

He took a slam from Thanos that broke the ground.

Tanked a bunch of explosions to the face in FFH

Got shot in the chest at least twice with no ill effects besides knock back.

Hit through a school bus by shocker.

and got crushed between two cars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll:

So slightly moving a finger to activate a drone and full on bursting out of the webs in your mind are the same thing?

Jesus Christ, you're so deep in denial you can't see anything with a shred of logic.

And you are also consistently ignoring my point about Arthur being outclassed in combat speed.

Show me some decent combat speed feats. Please.

Or you know, you can just insult me like an angry 9-year-old, if that's what you wanna keep doing.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man said:

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Are you trolling? Because youre just acting like it right now. The sub was under water.....they did not ascend on their own...aquaman pushed it to the surface.....what happened after that is completely irrelevant and you know it is so i dont know why youre wasting my time.

Disagree, I think how buoyant it was matters.

Neither can Aquaman on land.

So you think because he can swim faster than he can run.....you get to decide to make up rules for his power set regarding strength and durability that conveniently help you in battles? Based on Dodging black manta...reacting to people who react to arrows and missiles on land....reacting to grenade launchers and bullets....on land....no i think youre just lowballing

Yes I think he can swim faster than he can run, seems pretty obvious really.

And Ocean master did better underwater than he did on land....and why did they say was the reason.. Because theyre use to fighting in an underwater environment.

Yup and Aurther is use to fighting with 'on land' stats. Seems to line up with what I said.

Yeah and Thanos fought against starlord and spiderman are ona different level than Hulk and Thor...and yet...he lost to starlord and beat thor. Youre not using logic..youre just using abc logic

No im using pretty strait forward logic. Thanos slammed Spiderman into the ground hard enough to break the ground.

You are lucky im not scaling the Iron Spider off of Tonys armor, otherwise this would be a mismatch.

Yet you are trying to scale Aquaman off of Steppenwolf off of Diana, because you know Aquaman doesnt have the speed feats to compete. Three tiered scaling, is a reach. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Again, you are giving low showings from before Peter used his spider sense. Now that he has it, Arthur is not keeping up with him. Goddamn it, Pete activating his spider sense properly was a major plot point of the movie, when are you going to realize that he was much faster by the end?

And with your gif of Arthur evading the single rifle... are you seriously going to suggest that dodging a single pirate with a gun is on the same level as dodging multiple heavily armed stark tech drones?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Arthur also could not dodge a grenade launcher from someone who he saw aiming a weapon at him.

But whatever, I guess.

I suppose you dont understand what an arc is, so, there is really no point to arguing this with you. It was heavily implied that his spider sense had been amped up in the last fight... but sure. You go ahead and get butthurt and call me a moron. Because it's easier to insult people than accept something you don't like.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man said:
@ashjhadiiaskll said:
@tin-man said:

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Disagree, I think how buoyant it was matters.

Neither can Aquaman on land.

Yes I think he can swim faster than he can run, seems pretty obvious really.

Yup and Aurther is use to fighting with 'on land' stats. Seems to line up with what I said.

No im using pretty strait forward logic. Thanos slammed Spiderman into the ground hard enough to break the ground.

You are lucky im not scaling the Iron Spider off of Tonys armor, otherwise this would be a mismatch.

Yet you are trying to scale Aquaman off of Steppenwolf off of Diana, because you know Aquaman doesnt have the speed feats to compete. Three tiered scaling, is a reach. lol

ok so just dumb then

So for a 6th time

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If he cant prove he cant otherwise youre just a butthurt mcu fanboy making stuff up he cant prove

At this point youre just replying to reply knowing you dont have an argument...typical tintin...usually you just tag peopkle and start pack trolling.....this is a little less annoying....but still annoyin.

"No im using pretty strait forward logic. Thanos slammed Spiderman into the ground hard enough to break the ground."

And Steppenwolf cut through stone...and fingers peirced stone just from grabbing a ledge...thus spiderman didnt stagger thanos...brilliant reply

LOL im lucky youre not comparing spidermans suit...to tonys suit? No im not lucky...youre not doing it because youd get laughed at and mocked like everyone else who does that on here....but pelase do feel free.

I gave you aquamans speed feats and why he can tag the always taggable spiderman.... you didnt even bother replying to it and just keep repeating Submarines float like youre the clown from it.

At this point I think its obvious you dont have anything to say...ill give you want last chance to make an argument FOR spiderman but im not replying to this aquaman out of water = loses his powers because youre just talking out of your ass.

LOL you literally said in your last post that Aquaman can run on land as fast as he can swim in water. LOL

Thats laughable.

/

Why couldn't we scale Ironspidey to Ironman? Spiderman wins here regardless, but do you think the Ironspider offers no added protection? Agains he was slammed to the ground by thanos> anything Aquamans faced.

/

Did you just think you were flexing by saying Steppenwolf crushes stone with his fingertips?? LMFO. Thanos breaks vibranium with his finger tips. And Spiderman took a slam from that guy.

/

What do you mean "thus Spiderman didnt stagger thanos" yes he did; you must have to close your eyes real tight to give DCEU the win here.

/

Aquaman doesnt have speed feats and your formatting is terrible to the point where half your gifs dont load, or the text beneath them doesnt. Terrible terrible formatting .

Why dont you give me one, just one speed feat that puts Aquaman on Spidermans level, just one and ill go away.

But you cant because they dont exists and your just being purposely obtuse in your refusal to admit that Aquaman doesnt have the speed feats on Spidermans level,

Prove me wrong and just post one, just one, and Ill go away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man:

Man, he's just gonna keep insulting you, because he doesn't wanna accept facts.

I flagged a few of his posts. We don't need people like that here.

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man: youre jst ignoring me and repeating yourself....were done here

@ashjhadiiaskll:

Arthur also could not dodge a grenade launcher from someone who he saw aiming a weapon at him.

But whatever, I guess.

I suppose you dont understand what an arc is, so, there is really no point to arguing this with you. It was heavily implied that his spider sense had been amped up in the last fight... but sure. You go ahead and get butthurt and call me a moron. Because it's easier to insult people than accept something you don't like.

He didnt try and dodge it...when he shot again,...he did dodge it

Yes whatever

Yeah bro...spiderman appeared in what 4 movie all to show off spider sense..an ability hes had since his first appearance. Brilliant. It wasnt heavily implied its just what you fanboys say to wank. Spiderman was dodging bullets and energy blasts before FFH and I didnt hear anything.....why is that? Cus he was getting tagged. But now....the rational of the fanboy is....wow this is the coolest instance of spidermans spidey sense...not endgame...not IW when he was dodging Starlords energy blasts....bullets from drones!!!!! cus it looks way cooler.....thus he got a boost. Thats how you people think. I dont..And when Spiderman gets tagged again in the enxt movie you all will be yelling PIS cus OMG FFH

No theres is no point in arguing with me because you will lose. Im not one of these people on here who will shake my head and go yeah that makes sense...aquamans powers dont work the same out of water.....im the guy who goes...no thats retarded....prove that.

Youre the guy whos sitting here going man you really should ignore every time spiderman has been tagged cus he has spider sense now.....even tho hes always had spider sense and dodged things implied to be faster than bullets....

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 death4bunnies  Moderator

@tin-man:

Man, he's just gonna keep insulting you, because he doesn't wanna accept facts.

I flagged a few of his posts. We don't need people like that here.

He was banned just yesterday for the same shit, then he got mad and started spamming gay porn.

I agree tin man, just let him be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: motm is back, IP address was the same as Krypto which was confirmed by motm himself to be his alt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll: stop coming back here, your arguments make no sense.

Plus I thought you said you were done with CV.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Submarines also weigh less while they’re underwater

Then again, this is Ta Er we’re talking about

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man:

Im not exactly arguing why he has jet propulsion underwater, im just saying he does, and he can hit harder with it.

I also don't buy the jet propulsion thing, based on this scene here and plenty other swimming scenes shows them using their limbs to move underwater.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nfHvmPe4A

Like when Superman flys into a opponent rather than standing punch them, I think when Aquaman swims into a opponent its stronger than his normal punch.

Two questions, is he generating that force on his own? Yes. Can his body handle that much? Yes. How he does it is irrelevant. The question you should be asking is how Spider-man is going to beat that in order to put down Aquaman.

You dont think Spiderman has durability feats on this level with the Iron Spider?

No, his best so far

And what did spider-man do after that? Aquaman surfed through a building and flipped his hair, did another one in the desert, took a casual punch from SM, multiple hits from Steppenwolf, Karathen and Orm.

Any of those capable of busting a rocky hill more than once, energy blasts from Atlantean ships

Aquaman's own skin is already bulletproof, his armor is overkill

None of those beats getting slammed by Orm or Karathen

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

I also don't buy the jet propulsion thing, based on this scene here and plenty other swimming scenes shows them using their limbs to move underwater.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nfHvmPe4A

Two questions, is he generating that force on his own? Yes. Can his body handle that much? Yes. How he does it is irrelevant. The question you should be asking is how Spider-man is going to beat that in order to put down Aquaman.

No, his best so far

And what did spider-man do after that? Aquaman surfed through a building and flipped his hair, did another one in the desert, took a casual punch from SM, multiple hits from Steppenwolf, Karathen and Orm.

Any of those capable of busting a rocky hill more than once, energy blasts from Atlantean ships

Aquaman's own skin is already bulletproof, his armor is overkill

None of those beats getting slammed by Orm or Karathen

Ill find some feats for the missiles in FFH but they for sure oneshotted Happy Hogans plane.

Too answers your questions(I hate it when people dont answer mine) Yes Aquaman is generating that force on his own, but I dont think he can replicate outside of the water; I totally think if this fight goes off the bridge Aquamans strikes will increase with propulsion. And yes Aqumans body can handle that water or on water.

/

But lets just talk about propulsion.

In the video you linked, we see the Atlanteans swim pretty fast by moving there arms, but then at time stamp 0:28 Aquaman does something different; he kinda gather himself, then jets forward. This looks to me like his first instance of using underwater atlantean propulsion.

I guess im just trying to say that after time stamp 0:28 his swimming look different, almost like jet boots or water-kinesis.

I dont think its unreasonable to think this amps his underwater strikes via speed.

Loading Video...

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 death4bunnies  Moderator

Almost 100 votes and its still pretty even.

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmfao

No Caption Provided
flame thrower
flame thrower
struggles getting back up
struggles getting back up
wearing bullet proof armor made by shield
wearing bullet proof armor made by shield
ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man: anyone listening to this dudes literally make up shit needs to be shot and its exactly why this site is trash. When someone like tintin sits here for days talking about aquaman loses his powers outside of water should laugh at him. When he sits here using made up terms that he himself invented like atlantean propulsion...he should be laughed at.....sitting here pretending like hes not making this crap up gives his arguments credit...and he will continue to use his made up crap in other threads. Learn how to debeate...that goes for all of you

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man: anyone listening to this dudes literally make up shit needs to be shot and its exactly why this site is trash. When someone like tintin sits here for days talking about aquaman loses his powers outside of water should laugh at him. When he sits here using made up terms that he himself invented like atlantean propulsion...he should be laughed at.....sitting here pretending like hes not making this crap up gives his arguments credit...and he will continue to use his made up crap in other threads. Learn how to debeate...that goes for all of you

LOL, the only one being laughed at is you. LOL

Your the site joke; and will probably just revert to gay porn later today once your trash arguments fail....again.

But lets just look at the things you are wrong about; yet again.

Did you say that it was the shield suit that made him bulletproof,...ya that and his new suit; and probably the iron spider which he has here.

/

Those flames didnt do shit to him, so thats a feat for Spiderman.

/

Also Aquaman uses some kinda water propulsion to swim fast and strike harder(amped by speed), call it what you want but its pretty clear.

How do you think hes moving through the water? Strength?

LOL see laughing at you again.

/

Must suck to spend your days upset that your consistently proven wrong.

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man:

LOL, the only one being laughed at is you. LOL

Your the site joke; and will probably just revert to gay porn later today once your trash arguments fail....again.

Im not really interested in what a moron finds funny. Nah i only do that when the mods give me a reason to. Im perfectly a ok making you look stupid the old fashioned way

Did you say that it was the shield suit that made him bulletproof,...ya that and his new suit; and probably the iron spider which he has here.

How am I wrong because you just named another instance? Again youre retarded

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I reall

Did you say that it was the shield suit that made him bulletproof,...ya that and his new suit; and probably the iron spider which he has here

Those flames didnt do shit to him, so thats a feat for Spiderman.

His suit was burning and charring from the fire of a flame thrower but youre saying he can tank explosions......k

Also Aquaman uses some kinda water propulsion to swim fast and strike harder(amped by speed), call it what you want but its pretty clear.

How do you think hes moving through the water? Strength?

LOL see laughing at you again.

lol see laughing at you agaim...wtf are you 12? Is that supposed to hurt my feelings or soemthing..you just look retarded...hah ha im laughing at you see ha ha...jesus kid get a grip

second

Im not going to sit here and argue with you like these other morons.they stated what atlanteans can do under water...youre just making shit up s you can lowball the sub and speed feat because youre gabage

Loading Video...

all jokes aside you really are trash

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

This.

ashjhadiiaskll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

This.

hes been told this by like 4 different people over 3 days......

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220 said:
@macleen said:

@tin-man:

This.

hes been told this by like 4 different people over 3 days......

And some people agree with me.

Also the votes are about even at 99 votes; so not the stomp you think out is.

/\

Spiderman wins in a hard fight.

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashjhadiiaskll: @macleen: @hermes1220:

From Director James Wan

"It is very difficult just trying to simulate that, the look of weightlessness that you would get under water, but we did tons of R&D very early on," Wan explained. "With how people would move under water. We built props, we built sets, and we submerged everything under water, and we did tons of study just to see what things would look like. Ultimately, what we realize, is what we can do under water... We're still very much limited by what we're capable of doing, because we're normal human beings. We're not Atlantean, right? These guys, obviously, move very differently in a water space, in that space. To them, they're basically like super heroes flying, but, for us, we swim slowly."

“I learned very early on that actors could look like they were flying rather than floating in water, so that was something we had to be mindful of as well,” says Wan. “We had to figure out ways to remind the audience that they were underwater, which we did by developing these simple but effective visual cues, like adding bits of floating particulate, and bubbles and stuff"

“I shot a lot of the movie like that before I ultimately realized that that was just not correct for the look of the film. Atlanteans would not be moving in slow motion, despite being underwater. Through the course of research and development and principal photography, we realized it was just not the right look. The whole movie would have been just way too slow.”

The finished product is definitely not slow — "everyone zips around beneath the waves like they have bubbly Saturn V rockets on their feet."

/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/cc2lbp/james_wan_aquaman_interview/

/

I accept your concession.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man said:

From Director James Wan

"It is very difficult just trying to simulate that, the look of weightlessness that you would get under water, but we did tons of R&D very early on," Wan explained. "With how people would move under water. We built props, we built sets, and we submerged everything under water, and we did tons of study just to see what things would look like. Ultimately, what we realize, is what we can do under water... We're still very much limited by what we're capable of doing, because we're normal human beings. We're not Atlantean, right? These guys, obviously, move very differently in a water space, in that space. To them, they're basically like super heroes flying, but, for us, we swim slowly."

“I learned very early on that actors could look like they were flying rather than floating in water, so that was something we had to be mindful of as well,” says Wan. “We had to figure out ways to remind the audience that they were underwater, which we did by developing these simple but effective visual cues, like adding bits of floating particulate, and bubbles and stuff"

“I shot a lot of the movie like that before I ultimately realized that that was just not correct for the look of the film. Atlanteans would not be moving in slow motion, despite being underwater. Through the course of research and development and principal photography, we realized it was just not the right look. The whole movie would have been just way too slow.”

The finished product is definitely not slow — "everyone zips around beneath the waves like they have bubbly Saturn V rockets on their feet."

/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/cc2lbp/james_wan_aquaman_interview/

/

concede to what? The fact that your own source has not proven that Aquaman is weaker on land?

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@tin-man said:

From Director James Wan

/

/

concede to what? The fact that your own source has not proven that Aquaman is weaker on land?

To water propulsion.

I think Aquaman hits harder and can lift more with aided by water propulsion, in the same way Ironman can lift more when aided by repulsers.

/

Do you now agree Aquaman swims via some kinda Atlantean propulsion??

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By macleen

@tin-man:

To water propulsion.

I think Aquaman hits harder and can lift more with aided by water propulsion, in the same way Ironman can lift more when aided by repulsers.

/

Im curious, just how weak you think Aquaman gets outside water? half, quarter, fifth, eigth?

Tin-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@tin-man:

To water propulsion.

/

Im curious, just how weak you think Aquaman gets outside water? half, quarter, fifth, eigth?

Not at all physically; I just think jet propulsion helped him perform a few feats, and of course the increase in speed and maneuverability.

I think his fight with Orm was a tier above his performance Manta, due to being able to gain speed then strike.

----

Supports a corner of a Transporter

Kinda like this Ironman feat, I attribute it to the thrust of the repulsers mostly.

----

I dont think Aquaman could lift a sub off the ground outside of the water; and especially not with the added water weight/drag; without his thrusters.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tin-man:

Not at all physically; I just think jet propulsion helped him perform a few feats, and of course the increase in speed and maneuverability.I think his fight with Orm was a tier above his performance Manta, due to being able to gain speed then strike.

.we are going to agree to disagree here because I have plenty of examples of not only Aquaman but other Atlanteans actually using their hands and legs to propel themselves rather than fly(I've gone through all their underwater travelling feats). I can get plenty of gifs for you by tomorrow to proof if you're interested.

----

Supports a corner of a Transporter

Kinda like this Ironman feat, I attribute it to the thrust of the repulsers mostly.

Unless you can proof IM can't lift what he can propel then this is a flawed analogy

----

I dont think Aquaman could lift a sub off the ground outside of the water; and especially not with the added water weight/drag; without his thrusters.

The sub surfaced and went into the air, that alone is enough. Also your logic is flawed, Aquaman's body still needs to be able to handle that amount of force ( assuming we use your argument) which still puts him far above Spidey quite literally. Also moving something through air is a lot easier than in water in case you forgot. Of course, Aquaman may not be able to replicate the feat on land due to him not being able to fly but he can still lift the sub base on the water feat. That feat alone even if low-balled still puts Aquaman at 1000+ tons, that's way above what Spidey can do stats-wise.

Avatar image for aadkajkdasjkkkk
aadkajkdasjkkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

once again...people give him half a odzen reasons why hes wrong and his argument is bullshit....just repeats himself anyway. And then you have morons like above^^^ sitting here going well how weak des he get out of water trying to validate a made up argument with more holes in it then the rubber his dad used when he banged his mom....This is why this place is garbage now

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 death4bunnies  Moderator

@tin-man: @macleen:

I can see both sides.

It’s not entirely unreasonable for Tin-man to believe that this odd Atlantean propulsion helped in his sub lift; there is at least some evidence to believe this.

I can also see macleen what is saying, Aquamans body would have to put up with the pressure one way or another.

I still this this is a pretty even fight with peters maneuverability and webbing.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 death4bunnies  Moderator

@aadkajkdasjkkkk:

Tinman linked a article from the director literally saying that The Atlantaean swim via propulsion.

The director said like Saturn V rockets.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 death4bunnies  Moderator
aadkajkdasjkkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aadkajkdasjkkkk:

Tinman linked a article from the director literally saying that The Atlantaean swim via propulsion.

The director said like Saturn V rockets.

1. tinman has 60 something post...it took me less than a minute to go through his entire post tracker..hes dropped no such link

2. He also claims his powers increase and decrease out of water..wheres the link for that

aadkajkdasjkkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aadkajkdasjkkkk:

Your arguing with the director of the movie now.

im not arguing with anyone...that includes you. Im flat out calling you a liar

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 death4bunnies  Moderator

@aadkajkdasjkkkk:

There is no link for the power decrease.

But there is a link in post 237 near the bottom that speaks water propulsion.

It’s not a h link tho; I don’t think he knows how to work the formatting buttons yet.

But it’s there, and I’ve seen that director statement multiple times.

skinnyjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man wins.

Don’t forget his IW Iron Spider suit legs and webbing were able to pull back Dr Strange from the vacuum of space. The strength needed for that is ridiculous. Add in the unpredictability of spider mans fighting style and senses and Aquaman is outclassed.