Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17259 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 REVIEWS

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Wait, when does this film come out?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, when does this film come out?

Comes out April 18th in the UK, and even then they have a 2 day early release so April 16th .

I have to wait until May 2nd here.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...Honestly screw these reviews I'll just watch it for myself,It doesn't seem that bad. IGN usually reviews certain things poorly and Rotten tomatoes...meh

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@flameboy298: Well look at it like this, it has 2 middling reviews and 7 good ones.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: 7 good ones eh?Didn't know about that.Wonder when the DVD release will hit

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By w0nd

@flameboy298: I will still see it, even if it's a bad movie it will still be a good action one.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Its no Spiderman 2 but I still can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Andrew Garfields peter parker and I hated Gwen Stacy in the last movie but somehow I am still excited for this.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: My feelings exactly except the Gwen part.

DarthTanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the movie yesterday at the french premiere in presence of the cast and crew (Emma Stone is awesome, she signed autographs for like straight up 20 minutes!). My verdict is that it was very strong film, the acting is pretty good, the plot is quite clear and not overloaded as it was many people's fear and the action is AMAZING (best super hero action ever I dare say).

I will not say anything further as I don't want to spoil it for you people. Go see the movie, you won't regret it!

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was Amazing

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boogiesteven007: Use the spoiler blocks, the movie hasn't been released yet in America along with many other countries.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

70%!!

Rotten Tomatoes are CRASHING this film........it had 87% last week!!! O__O

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flameboy298

@punyparker: Damn.....well I find IMDB or whatever to be the most accurate when it comes to rating the movies

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Damn.....well I find IMDB or whatever to be the most accurate when it comes to rating the movies

IMDB is a bunch of misleading crap,my friend.
    Rotten Tomatoes is the overal score or the gathered reviews.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I firmly disagree with that statement.

Sometimes it bases casting on rumours,and puts it out as official.
    They had JK Simmons as Jonah in the Amazing Spider-man film,for a while......then they took it down.

As for Rotten Tomatoes,that's how it works,it's not my opinion.....there's nothing to disagree about.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@flameboy298 said:

They had JK Simmons as Jonah in the Amazing Spider-man film,for a while......then they took it down.

As for Rotten Tomatoes,that's how it works,it's not my opinion.....there's nothing to disagree about.

Yep, he is right. Rotten Tomatoes is a collection of scores given by various reviewers. Its not always a good barometer, but is usually a fair indication. Not a brilliant score for ASM2, but if you read the comments on my thread, I will try and explain why without giving any spoilers!!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Don't really care about reviews for any movie. I can't even remember the last time I read one.

I see a lot of movies and am fully capable of forming my own opinions.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boogiesteven007 said: plus i rather see electro in costume in comics then looking like a boxer, i dont mean to be a racist but electro isnt black in comics

Because it's the movie verse...nick fury wasn't black either, and then ultimate made him that way, and then the movie followed. Hulk wasn't made by recreating the super soldier experiment, but in the 2008 movie he was just like the ultimate comics. Electro doesn't look like a boxer, he looks like a nerdy loser, and then a blue energy man. No idea what race he is in ultimate comics

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 SC  Moderator

@boogiesteven007: Even though users should be apprehensive about reading a thread about movies they do not wish to be spoiled, this isn't a spoiler thread (no indication) just for initial reviews, so in that light please be careful with what you reveal and remember you can use spoiler functions.

Like this?

Or like this?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@punyparker said:

@flameboy298 said:

Yep, he is right. Rotten Tomatoes is a collection of scores given by various reviewers. Its not always a good barometer, but is usually a fair indication. Not a brilliant score for ASM2, but if you read the comments on my thread, I will try and explain why without giving any spoilers!!

Well,i said many times that it's not in America and most Europe yet,so it has the potential going 80 again.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

So good! Not a big spidey fan usually, but this film may have converted me. Between this and Cap 2 there is a new surge in the superhero genre which it lacked last year. Great job!

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

One thing about looking at reviews though......damn, I have to use a spoiler for this point LOL

Some people do not like their movies to have unhappy endings

Also the movie has gone back up to 72% on RT, expect a huge change (one way or the other) when it arrives in the US.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the movie has gone back up to 72% on RT, expect a huge change (one way or the other) when it arrives in the US.

Yay.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Toastergeist

I've been hearing that it's meh.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why does everyone use Rotten Tomatoes as a guideline? A lot of the reviews for any movie don't even end up on it. The review has to come from an approved website. Never understood why everyone looks to Rotten Tomatoes, as long as you like the movie your watching who cares?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone use Rotten Tomatoes as a guideline? A lot of the reviews for any movie don't even end up on it. The review has to come from an approved website. Never understood why everyone looks to Rotten Tomatoes, as long as you like the movie your watching who cares?

Read above.

Rotten Tomatoes is a gathering of reviews,and making an overall score of it.
    That's why.

It's not an opinion of a certain critic.It's an overall score of the reviews that come in....why do you think the score is drifting?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read above.

Rotten Tomatoes is a gathering of reviews,and making an overall score of it.

That's why.

It's not an opinion of a certain critic.It's an overall score of the reviews that come in....why do you think the score is drifting?

I'm not talking about this movie specifically. I'm talking about every movie. Most people use it as a way of saying "this movie is better than that" or "this movie has this rating so it's not worth it". Now I get if people were wondering if the movie if the movie is generally liked, its great for that, but you guys shouldn't worry so much about it. Look at Man of Steel it has like a 56%, I don't believe it deserves that, I think the 70's would suit it. But I digress, like I said, not every review makes it onto RT, so what does it matter, plus the meter is very accurate, there are some reviews that are considered negative that should be positive and vise-versa.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PunyParker

I'm not talking about this movie specifically. I'm talking about every movie

Me too.

And as i said numerous times before,i dont believe this 72% now,cuz the movie is not out half the Europe AND in the US yet......if this 72% will still be as it is in the middle of May,then tough luck,but now this 72% means nothing to me.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

Me too.

And as i said numerous times before,i dont believe this 72% now,cuz the movie is not out half the Europe AND in the US yet......if this 72% will still be as it is in the middle of May,then tough luck,but now this 72% means nothing to me.

This 72% will probably go down knowing the US.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Me too.

nah.
    I still think it'll hit 78 or 80% ....

ASM has 73% dude......this will be ridiculous.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Me too.

nah.

I still think it'll hit 78 or 80% ....

ASM has 73% dude......this will be ridiculous.

I don't really care about critics rating. I think the audience rating is the one to go by. Critics view movies very differently.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PunyParker

I don't really care about critics rating. I think the audience rating is the one to go by. Critics view movies very differently.

Well,ASM got a 78% from the fans ,so it's not a big difference.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

Reasonable score for the movie. I would think.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Reasonable score for the movie. I would think.

It sure is.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Yeah, hadn't taken into account the fact that nearly all the reviewers are British. As a Brit myself I can tell you that British film critics are notoriously snobby when it comes to films, in the best brit tradition, they generally love all this low budget art house stuff, rather than big budget Hollywood blockbusters which they deem beneath them and their reviews are normally low scoring of super-hero films. So 72% is pretty good really and yes, once the US critics get to see it, the overall rating should go up a lot.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@punyparker:

Yeah, hadn't taken into account the fact that nearly all the reviewers are British. As a Brit myself I can tell you that British film critics are notoriously snobby when it comes to films, in the best brit tradition, they generally love all this low budget art house stuff, rather than big budget Hollywood blockbusters which they deem beneath them and their reviews are normally low scoring of super-hero films. So 72% is pretty good really and yes, once the US critics get to see it, the overall rating should go up a lot.

It was at 87% at some point.......really hope it does well in the US market.
    Come to think of it,in the acual market it WILL do well....it might reach Spider-man 3 standards......the critic and fan reaction is what i am concerned.

Love the UK.Wanna visit London.
    I've been only in Liverpool for a week.Visited Anfield,for a game. :D !!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Cap America's already cleared the 500 Million Dollar barrier, if Spidey doesn't get beyond 800 million I will eat my trousers!

Yeah you should visit London, great city and impressed you have seen a Liverpool home game, even I haven't managed that and I am a major football fan, but live on the South Coast of England.....only problem with UK is its too damp and cloudy for much of the year, unlike most of the USA....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Yeah you should visit London, great city and impressed you have seen a Liverpool home game, even I haven't managed that and I am a major football fan, but live on the South Coast of England.....only problem with UK is its too damp and cloudy for much of the year, unlike most of the USA....

I was young,i dont know where my dad got the tickets! :P
    What team do you support?....i am a major football fan too,and after that game,my English team is Liverpool,of cource.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

The premier league team I follow is Newcastle United. They are from the North east of England and are currently rubbish, but have a great tradition and passionate fanbase, coming from a former industrial part of England. They are probably something equivalent to your US football team the Pittsburg Steelers, although at least the steelers have won a few trophies in recent times!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@punyparker:

The premier league team I follow is Newcastle United. They are from the North east of England and are currently rubbish, but have a great tradition and passionate fanbase, coming from a former industrial part of England. They are probably something equivalent to your US football team the Pittsburg Steelers, although at least the steelers have won a few trophies in recent times!!

Im not an American,and i follow football 16 years now,so i very much know who Newcastle is,mate! ;)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Humble apologies for my presumption - !!

As you know who Newcastle are you will understand my pain!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

As you know who Newcastle are you will understand my pain!!

Yes,of cource.......(big mistake selling Cabaye,btw..)
    And you understand mine,cuz Liverpool was pure sh!t for lots of years....even the Benitez years are mediocre,if you exclude 2005's Champions League trophy.

But we're getting off topic here,so if you want to have a football chat,pm me anytime! ;)

paulorotosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the movie was so epic my favourite scene was when

gwens death and when peter visited her grave everyday for five months, it was very touching and a great new direction for this film series.

Avatar image for wewatchedamovie
    WeWatchedAMovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.