Lady Blackhawk: Awesome

#1 Posted by Hawkingbird (384 posts) - - Show Bio

If you disagree, please tell me why. I love Zinda so much. She just doesn't take herself or her life as seriously or as dramatically as everyone else does. She'll take others and their lives seriously and with utter respect, but she's so laid-back and fun.

#2 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

is there anyone else you could compare her to personality wise?

#3 Posted by Hawkingbird (384 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really hard to compare her with anyone else because she's so fun yet her military training is clear.

#4 Posted by spellslinger (37 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont read birds of prey but she seems pretty cool 
#5 Posted by info nation (867 posts) - - Show Bio
@spellslinger: But I'm confused, she talks like she's from the 40's yet she looks about 20! is she really young, or does she just age really, REALLY well?
#6 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

In Zero Hour,I think,she was dropped into our time. She came from the 40s originally.

Avatar image for graphic_depiction
#7 Posted by Graphic Depiction (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Zinda's first appearance was in 1959.  She appeared in Blackhawk comics on and off throughout the 60s, then she fell into obscurity.  Writer Beau Smith was a longtime Lady Blackhawk fan, and used the events of Zero Hour to bring her forward into the 90's.  She appeared in Guy Gardner: Warrior until that series was cancelled.  Gail Simone then picked her up and added her to the Birds of Prey.  I think it was Gail who retconned Zinda, placing her as a member of the Blackhawks during World War II.

#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Blackhawk is beyond awesome she takes the words to new levels

Avatar image for graphic_depiction
#9 Posted by Graphic Depiction (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
And arguably, the 
Best 
Costume 
EVER!
#10 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

Zinda is awesome!  There is no doubt.
#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear you like Blackhawks.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" Zinda is awesome!  There is no doubt. "
This.
#13 Posted by SC (18159 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@TheCrowbar
said:
" I hear you like Blackhawks. "

@The Dark Huntress
said:
" @PowerHerc said:
This. "

Yeah, you guys are all awesome, and you know where its at.  

Lady Blackhawk, I love that issue where she deals with Barda's death, that is one of my favorite issues ever. Zinda is just one of those characters, thats unapologetically awesome, and nice too, in that cheeky fun way. She's her own person. Its great. 
#14 Posted by infonation (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

@harleyquinn12: Sorry it took me so long to answer this, but I must thank you, for some reason I could never find out just how Lady Blackhawk managed to stay so young so easily. Once again, thank you for the infromation!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.