Suicide Squad

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@deadpool25mm: According Leto, alot of his scenes were cut.

Yeah I heard that too. I still think they can make him good, I hope so.

Sigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

There is no conspiracy to hate DC movies. The latest iteration of characters, especially Superman and Batman are fundamentally different. The writers are to blame. Instead of supporting this crap, demand that DC fix it.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Wife and I got free tickets to see it through T-Mobile, but I wouldn't feel slighted had I paid. Definite room for improvement here, but I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this cast/director combo. Good summer action flick that's a fun way to kill a few hours.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good enough film 3/5. What drew me out of it was the excess musical inserts.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By AkshSarpanch

Really enjoyed the movie a lot. Not necessarily the best DC movie ever but still a very enjoyable one. 8/10.

Can't wait for sequel.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough Joker

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed the movie and came out happy to have seen it. I felt good as I exited the theater, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think it was a great film. I would say it is a marginally above average movie with a number of problems most specifically the villain and how that conflict resolves itself. But, even though there are a lengthy list of issues with the movie, I can't deny that I really liked spending time with these characters. For that, it is my favorite of the three DCEU films released so far.

eljefe30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Will Smith's character is going to be. He really does well in portraying characters roles (my opinion). It will be interesting to see him do this. I saw this hyperlink to the movie, I am a geek and like stupid stuff like this... https://fastfilez.com/9YqD

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came from the theater. This movie's brilliant.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

one and half stars for me

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sigil said:

There is no conspiracy to hate DC movies. The latest iteration of characters, especially Superman and Batman are fundamentally different. The writers are to blame. Instead of supporting this crap, demand that DC fix it.

amen. if people keep buying it studios will never fix it.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent movie, like a 3/5. Joker was terrible in my opinion. Way too much of a gangster who looked like a tattooed Joker with Joker's laugh. Not enough moments that made me say "Oh yeah that's the Joker". I liked Harley but hated the Joker.

JwalserV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see it getting some good word. I enjoyed the hell out of it. People are being too harsh.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see it getting some good word. I enjoyed the hell out of it. People are being too harsh.

And some are far too forgiving

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: Alright, so here's what I'm thinking: Charles Roven is the problem. Had both directors cut a ton of shit which is why we got an unlimited edition for BVS and which is why we'll most likely get an ultimate edition for SS. I think once Johns gets things rolling we'll be fine. I love the movies as is right now, but I think Johns will tweak it so everyone's happy.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sigil: Its not even cause they are different, these could be wild different from the characters and still be good movies I.e X-men. THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE GOOD MOVIES.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie should be titled - Suicide Squad: " At Least it's Better than BVS"

Pacing was terrible. Predictable story and lines. Didn't like Gangster Joker. So many plot holes. Where was Flash and/or Batman during this catastrophic event? Where is are the bruises or blood from somehow surviving a helicopter crash? or even when fighting enchantress? Killer Croc was pretty lame and did not look the part. Only good things we're Will Smiths Deadshot and Harley.

JwalserV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
@jwalserv2 said:

And some are far too forgiving

Oh boy.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did we ever find out if Common's role was officially that of the Tattooed Man or not?

Avatar image for det_batsuperman
Det_BatSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Det_BatSuperman

Finally saw it absolutely loved it

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie was ok villian was weak dialogue was a little off my real complaint is with the music my god was it random as hell i was cringing when they started playing eminem it took me right out of the movie like a rocket heading to the moon

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it today it was OK not constant as it should be did enjoy the joker bits but meh nothing great cival war was better but OK didnt suck lol

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt: your post literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but whatever I don't really care, motor am I in the mood for arguing.

I don't recall replying or tagging you on my comment, so why would you have anything to say in the first place?? the two people i tagged are relevant to the post i made, which was a conversation they were having.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw RT, this review is more honest and less nit picking. RT gave sharknado a 70ish%, so I don't trust that web for it's review.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Batman3000

@gmanfromheck Do you have any idea why critics wouldn't like this?

Zur_En_Arrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#227  Edited By Zur_En_Arrh

@batman3000 said:

@gmanfromheck Do you have any idea why critics wouldn't like this?

Apart from its very muddled pacing, something that causes critics to shoot down a film like few other things, there is the simple fact that its a cheesy, summer blockbuster. Critics do not like these vehicles, and in their defense, are probably forced to review far too many of them to appreciate when one is trying something different.

I liked the film fine, but even I have to admit it was more of a setup for the next big thing than its own complete film. It tried to be a Guardians of the Galaxy kind of film, but felt more like the Wolverine movie (the not so terrible one) just a little too generic for its own good. I would have left the commandos completely out of the film, just give us pyschos going at it the whole time, we don't want to hear about their handlers. When the Squad is front and center the movie's great! But a bunch of commando movie cliches and unnecessary exposition keep it from being the crazy ride I was hoping for.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zur_en_arrh: Makes sense. I liked it I figured it was cause the critics didn't understand the characters like the fans though.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@righteous300 said:

@blacharrt: your post literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but whatever I don't really care, motor am I in the mood for arguing.

I don't recall replying or tagging you on my comment, so why would you have anything to say in the first place?? the two people i tagged are relevant to the post i made, which was a conversation they were having.

I was tagged in it.

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally a review that gets it

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Is it okay for an 11 year old?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By BullPR

@dd208: I went with my older one (13 yo) and without the second one (11yo).

But I don't think it would have been a big problem to go with both.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saw it yesterday in Leicester Square; am a massive Harley fan so just seeing her live-action for the first time (Arrow?!) was amazing; but yeah, it was a wrong-take on their relationship, like Joker was more obsessed with her than she was with him, whereas normally he's trying to kill her. Also true that Margot Robbie and Will Smith carry this movie.

No movie this year has topped Deadpool for me, but this was great fun. Will be good to see Leto's deleted scenes though...

Ashr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest; the concept of the Suicide Squad has never appealed to me. I can't reconcile portraying villains as heroic no matter how popular they might be.

With that said, I'd rate the movie as a 3/5 stars.

1. Plot pacing was disjointed and there wasn't enough effort to properly develop the villain threat.
  2. Amanda Waller's technique to ensure team's participation was eerily reminiscent of Snake Plissken (Escape from New York).
  3. Character development of Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Diablo was enjoyable but I felt Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc were simply along for the ride.
IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came back from the theater a bit ago, and I must say I'd give it a 3.5/5. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. I did enjoy it more than Batman v Superman. Will Smith certainly did a great job and really made the role of Deadshot his own. Viola Davis was also quite good. Harley was nice, not over the top, and The Joker was...okay. I was never a fan of how they made this Joker look, and as far as how he acted, he was okay. I never got a real Joker vibe from him. I really did not like the relationship between Joker and Harley and feels it hurts any chances of Harleys character growing into her own in the future. By changing the relationship, it definitely changes the feel of The Joker overall. The rest of the cast wasn't bad. The soundtrack didn't do it for me. It felt like they were trying for a soundtrack that would be "cool" or "catchy" , but didn't feel organic or like it fit with the movie. I really wanted to like this movie a lot more. I'm a little disappointed in it, but I din't dislike it.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Personally, I hated Suicide Squad as a comic book adaptation but really enjoyed it as a movie ignoring the character flaws and whatnot.

As to the Marvel thing, yeah they've been hitting it out of the park for the most part and I only get to see a handful of movies in the theater a year, so I usually pick Marvel's movies and skip DC's which I don't expect much from. But I'm glad I decided to see Suicide Squad in the theaters and I didn't have a hard time watching it or get the urge to leave and ask for my money back, as I would have did if I saw Batman vs Superman in the theaters.

tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad was better than Batman Vs. Superman but not by much. Deadshot, Harley, and Waller carried the movie. The other characters were not fleshed out well. They seemed like they were tacked on. The villain was weak. I did not like the take on the Joker. Leto did not live up to the hype. I agree with the critiques on the soundtrack. I hope the next movies for DC get better. It would be nice to really enjoy a DC movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it tonight, I thought it was fine, a solid C or 3 stars in my opinion. I would have given SvB a D- or maybe 1 1/2 stars to compare.

It had issues yes, and it didn't stand out as good in any particular way, but also not terrible in any way either. It was a decent flick. It had strong points like Deadshot, Harley, and Waller getting the screen time and they worked out well, acted well, portrayed their characters well. The rest kind of got bundled up and glossed over, but again, if you've read the books...in my experience that's how it often is in the books, they go, "Here's a new guy, his name is Yo-Yo" and you know "This guy isn't last" and indeed he does not. Not a lot of building character going on there where they plan on killing off the guy anyway.

The most off putting parts of the movie was the villains, the two big baddies. One was just a blank slate, generic, CGI big bad guy who did and said nothing interesting. No real drama there with his fight. Also not sure why they felt the need to make like 5 different costume changes to the main enemy...or what they were doing or why. They didn't really explain it, just wanted to take over the world because reasons not explained really. The minions are also as generic as possible.

Also there wasn't really a second act. They missed a part where the team kind of broke up midway through only to come back together for the end battle. They had strife but it lasted just a few seconds of screen time.

I don't know how else they could have done the beginning, how else to give backstory to like 10 people to any degree. They tried, running down the list of people and giving a bio. It was odd though that they added two people right at the end without talking about them in said bio sequence. Though it made some sense in the story given the device they used to talk about them...eeeeh, from a viewer's standpoint it would have been head scratching as to who these people are and why we should care.

Really, the main problems with the movie are also problems in the comics, lack of character development because most of them are going to be dead anyway before you can learn to care about them.

There were some editing issues later one, stuff that just didn't make sense when you thought about it, like when one character was suspended upside-down with magic-tech tentacles all in their brains and then with nothing showing how, they just show up totally fine and unharmed seconds after being freed.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It was pretty good. I just wish they fixed the pacing issue. The Director's Cut of BvS: Dawn of Justice made the cut.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally saw this movie, and I would give this a 3.5. The pacing could have been better; it felt rushed at times. I like the direction DC is taking with their movies. DC is trying; not there yet, but trying. I liked Leto's Joker, and Deadpool was nice as well. Waller was spot on. Overall the characters made up for the direction, but I liked it. Definitely not as bad as some of the reviews were saying.

LilTWill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G-Man is the critic that I'll trust... Shout out to my boy Tony.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw the movie and liked it. It seems some are just bent on hating it though. Pretty much all the superhero movies I've watched this year have been not too far from each other in comparison.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By VioletPhoenix

This gets 4 stars on CV but X-Men: Apocalypse gets 3?

To each his own I guess CV..

But Harley, Joker and Deadshot were epic gotta say.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

all i've been hearing from everyone is how much they thought this movie sucks. but i saw it today and i thought it was great! characters that really grew on you, humor but not so much that you can't take it seriously...

so is everyone ragging on a movie that doesn't deserve it, or am i the crazy one?

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good one