dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By dusk_zephyr

No Caption Provided

Darkness descends on the city of Los Angeles, and yet, it was in the dark that the city of Angels was at its brightest. Swinging through the city, the Dusk Zephyr glided effortlessly across the gleaming buildings and concrete rooftops. Moonlight reflecting off his form as he moved like a shadow in the night. The sounds of the city blended in a wild symphony as he sailed through the cool air. Daemon grinned as he swooped through the air, reveling in the freedom of the night sky .

Man, this is the life. I can see why some superheroes like flying so much. It's gotta be one of the best feelings in the world. It’s as nice as curling up with a good book. Heh, nothing really beats that. Well, maybe curling up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee-

No Caption Provided

His thoughts were harshly interrupted when he heard a cry for help somewhere down below. Scanning the streets below, he pinpointed the source of the sound. Diving down and perching on top of a lamppost, he surveyed the alleyway beneath him.

Under the dim glare of the streetlights were a group of three boys backing a younger kid into a corner. The group looked like the usual rich teenagers who frequented the streets, acting all tough to intimidate the more impressionable youth. Assessing the situation, he quickly singled out the muscular boy holding a pocket knife and waving it menacingly; he would presumably be the biggest threat and would probably have motivated the two other smaller scrawny kids to join him.

Well, this is gonna be a cakewalk. Just frighten off the ringleader and they'll move on.

Concluding his train of thought, the Dusk Zephyr leaped off the lamppost and landed gracefully between the two teens. The larger teen's eyes widened in surprise and he stumbled a few steps back from the sudden intrusion. His compatriots also had the same look of surprise mirrored on their faces. Taking advantage of the situation, the Zephyr reached out and grasped onto the knife blade, twisting it out of the grip of the teen and tossing it aside; disarming him smoothly without giving him a chance to react. Daemon fixed his icy gaze on the ringleader and spoke calmly:

"Sorry to interrupt your little gathering but you really shouldn't be waving knives around. You could poke someone's eye out. So I suggest you leave the kid alone and go on your merry way."

The belligerent youth scowled and spat obscenities at him.

"This is none of ya business! Get the hell outta the way!"

The teen lunged at him and threw flurry of jabs. Daemon just smirked, ducked under the punches and grabbed onto the collar of the boy, pulling him face to face with him.

"Seriously. Don't. Even. Try."

The armoured hero growled at him, punching the concrete wall for emphasis with each word, leaving a large spiderwebbed crack in it. Fear shone from the teen's wide eyes as he glanced at the fissure in the wall and back at the hero, letting out an involuntary gasp of terror. His previously hostile expression turned into the frightened appearance of a deer in the headlights as he shrank back in fright.

"P-please, don't hurt me. Just let us go and you won't see us again."

The Dusk Zephyr's menacing gaze softened and he nodded, releasing the teen.

"Alright. But only because you said 'please'. "

The youth cautiously backed away and then turned tail and ran just as his friends seemed to have the very same idea.

Daemon sighed and turned back to the teen they were previously harassing, who was currently cowering in the corner of the alleyway. Crouching down beside him with a look of concern, he reached out a hand to the boy.

"Hey, you okay? Sorry for scaring you." He retracted the spikes from his suit as he spoke to try and appear less intimidating. "The suit probably looks pretty terrifying but I assure you, it's just for the theatrics."

The kid raised his head, gazing up at him speechless.

"T-thanks" The boy regained his composure and stammered out a response after a second and took his hand as he helped him to his feet.

“So why were they after you anyways?” Daemon inquired.

“Uhhhh… they kinda caught me trying to pick their pocket." The youth admitted nervously, shuffling his feet with his head bowed as if waiting in anticipation of a punishment.

"You...tried to steal from them?" The dark suited hero spluttered in surprise, clearly not expecting the answer. He rubbed the side of his nose in bewilderment.

Crap, I guess I misjudged the situation.

"So what? Those guys are just rich dicks anyway. Who cares if they lost a few dollars? Besides, I needed the money more than them. If you're gonna report me to the police then do it already." Looking up, the boy's voice raised to an indignant tone and he glared at the masked hero.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to report you to anyone. I'm just trying to help.” Daemon held out his hands in protest, he spoke in a reassuring voice to try and calm down the boy.

The teen scoffed. “Yeah right. You’re a superhero and you have powers. How can you help people when you're so far above us?"

“I know what it’s like. I’ve been in your position, in fact. It’s rough to scrounge for money to get by everyday. It took me a while to get off the streets and get on the right path.” Daemon sighed. "Hell, I still struggle to make ends meet. Swinging around and saving people every night isn't really a profitable venture. "

The boy's glare softened into a curious gaze. "But then, why do you do it? Isn't it tiring to do it everyday?"

Daemon paused in thought for a few seconds. "I guess I just want to help people. As long as I can make a difference in people's lives, then I'll choose to go out here every night to try to do something. You have a choice too, you know."

"But... how do you know that I'll choose to do the right thing? You could let me go and I might just go back to stealing from other people again." The teen asked, creasing his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't. You can call it faith or naivety but I'm going to trust you to do the right thing. You've always got a chance to turn things around. I'm just asking for you to consider it."

"I suppose I'll try." the boy said, giving a hopeful smile.

"You gotthis." He tilted his head as he heard police sirens in the distance. "Alas, duty calls and I must bid you adieu." The Dusk Zephyr gave a mock salute and a slight wave as he shot off a web and took to the sky.

"Thanks again Mr... Dark Spider" The boy grinned as he looked up and waved him off.

Shoot, I forgot to introduce myself. Ah, well.

The voice of the alien interrupted his thoughts

Interesting monologue back there. Though it was a bit on the cliche side. You never fail to amuse me.

I suppose I'll take that as a compliment.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting read. I enjoyed that.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job. :D

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-642cae21c72ce
deactivated-642cae21c72ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanguard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr: I know this is more intended to be a blog one shot, but may I add to this with you? (my outcast reply should be up tomorrow)

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr: I know this is more intended to be a blog one shot, but may I add to this with you? (my outcast reply should be up tomorrow)

Yeah, sure, that'd be interesting. Feel free to.

Vanguard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dusk_zephyr:

No Caption Provided

Vanguard would look at the hero dressed in all black hit the skyline of Los Angeles. The rumors he had heard seemed to be true. Modest. Obvious powers. He handled that situation like an ace. Probably even better than he himself.

Vanguard would set off a flare in the sky which lit up the heavens like the Fourth of July. He needed his attention. And he needed it urgently. The Dusk Zephyr would surely notice the flare, but he would greet the hero with a smile and both hands up to show no harm was meant on his end. Hey there fella, I saw what you did down there. Good stuff. Interested in some work?

A business card would appear in the grasp of Vanguard, as his smile stretched farther into a grin with hidden meaning. He would lean in, hopefully giving it to the Zephyr. I mean no harm fella. I really don't. The name is Vanguard. Vanguard Prime. Its like James Bond level, I know. Im doing some hiring in town and luckily you are in the town that Im hiring. Think it over. Call me if interested. The name speaks for itself. My number is on the back.

With that introduction, Vanguard would leap off the building he was on and spin a couple of flips before landing safely on the streets below. He didn't know if Zephyr was looking or if he could see that far but Vanguard would give the hero a wink and a thumbs up. Call me if you need work....

No Caption Provided

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanguard_prime

No Caption Provided

The Dusk Zephyr swooped through the night skies, intent on heading home after a job well done. But it seemed like the night had more surprises in store for him. A sudden bright burst of light caught his eye as he noticed a flare shoot up into the sky. Turning his head, he looked for the origin of this mysterious disturbance. He glimpsed a solitary figure standing on a rooftop, the man was dressed in quite a bright outfit, gold and blue patterned with a star on his chest. Huh, this guy doesn't look like a supervillain or anything, strange getup. Guess I gotta go down there and see what's what. Scanning the rooftop that the man was standing on for any threats, and discerning that there were none; he cautiously descended and landed gracefully, a few meters away from the stranger. The man was holding his hands up, displaying his supposed lack of weaponry and seemed to have a warm smile on his face.

Hey there fella, I saw what you did down there. Good stuff. Interested in some work?

As the costumed man approached, he seemed to be reaching out a hand which held something in it. The Dusk Zephyr took it warily, apprising that the man didn't seem to have any ill will. Turning the object over in his hands, he looked at it with a gaze of curiosity. It was a matte black business card with a name on one side and a phone number at the back. Heroes for Hire? Well, that's interesting, I've never heard of it.

I mean no harm fella. I really don't. The name is Vanguard. Vanguard Prime. It's like James Bond level, I know. I'm doing some hiring in town and luckily you are in the town that I'm hiring. Think it over. Call me if interested. The name speaks for itself. My number is on the back.

With the brief introduction, the brightly costumed man- Vanguard Prime - departed with an elaborate display of acrobatics. Daemon looked over the side of the building and saw the man give him a wink and a thumbs up from the streets below. Stashing the card away in one of his suit's pouches, he headed back home to think over the offer.