• 76 results
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Edited By DoomDoomDoom

A couple of things right off, I don't want this to be a place where we condemn conspiracies and just pass them off as crazy...there is already a thread for that HERE. Nor do I want this to be a place where we simply promote conspiracies and fervently give into the hype that surrounds most of them...I don't think there is a thread for that.

My goal: Provide a place where we can discuss conspiracies rationally and draw on facts and the multitude of resources on the web to maybe come to conclusions or to just simply educate ourselves. Hey, if we prove or disprove something that's cool too.

Alright, now that I've gotten that out of the way it's time to put on your tinfoil hat, loosen up, and for (insert deity)'s sake have fun.

"Civilization is a conspiracy. Modern life is the silent compact of comfortable folk to keep up pretenses." - John Buchan

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman

Do you believe in god? Cause you're really going to need a miracle for this one. :p

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@DoomDoomDoom: You're going to attract all the weirdos with this thread.
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Dernman: LOL! I know right? I figure the worst that can happen is this thread sinks into oblivion and I get branded a nut, but were all nuts here.

@sesquipedalophobe: I figure everyone on the site is a little bit weird to begin with, might as well hold out a lightning rod for the really weird ones. You know separate the eccentric from the insane.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman: :P

PAUL MCCARTNEY DIED IN 1967 AND WAS REPLACED BY A DOUBLE.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jack16ichigo

Does the ancient alien thing count as a conspiracy ?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@DoomDoomDoom: I don't know any good conspiracies I back personally. I'll bookmark this for later.
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dernman
@NlGHTCRAWLER:  *rages, creates a 14 paragraph long post belittling you  on how wrong I think you are without actually reading what you said then waits for you to respond so I can do it again* :p
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: *rages, creates a 14 paragraph long post belittling you on how wrong I think you are without actually reading what you said then waits for you to respond so I can do it again* :p

14 paragraphs is child's play buddy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman
@NlGHTCRAWLER: That was just the opener to start things off to prolong the experience.
Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does HAARP exist?

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@NlGHTCRAWLER: EHM! It's 1966 dude! I'm not a Beatles by any means but a friend of mine encouraged me to check this out a while back. OK so ignoring all the "hidden messages" and what not and trying to be at least somewhat scientific my first thought was a DNA test would completely clear this up. Paul McCartney did take a DNA test in sometime in the late 70's/early 80's to establish his relationship with Bettina Wohlers, the daughter of Erika Wohlers, whom McCartney had an affair with in '61/'62. The DNA test proved he was not the father, but what's kinda funny is Bettina Wohlers claims the person who showed up to take the test simply wasn't Paul McCartney. The documents involved in taking the DNA test were signed by a right-handed person and any Beatles fan worth their salt can tell you McCartney is left-handed.

That's really all I've got.

@jack16ichigo: Depends on how you look at it truly but we might as well include it.

@sesquipedalophobe: You don't have to back a conspiracy to be interested or intrigued by it. I can't think of any I back honestly.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Does HAARP exist?

Yes the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program does exist. Here's their webpage.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

There's no such thing as the Illuminati.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Vance Astro: Historically there is, just not in New World Order vibe most people link it with.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jack16ichigo

@DoomDoomDoom: I've found it very plausible that alien once visited us and our ancestors thought of them as Gods or how they describe them led to future generation to believe they were Gods,I think there's some solid evidence that clearly depict modern astronauts hundreds of years before,there's also feets that ancient man achieve that seem impossible even by today standards and theres even similar cultural aspects across the ancient world with civilization that had no contact to each other.....

I find it more believable than actually Gods existing.....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: That was just the opener to start things off to prolong the experience.

Is there a Power Point at some point?

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: EHM! It's 1966 dude! I'm not a Beatles by any means but a friend of mine encouraged me to check this out a while back. OK so ignoring all the "hidden messages" and what not and trying to be at least somewhat scientific my first thought was a DNA test would completely clear this up. Paul McCartney did take a DNA test in sometime in the late 70's/early 80's to establish his relationship with Bettina Wohlers, the daughter of Erika Wohlers, whom McCartney had an affair with in '61/'62. The DNA test proved he was not the father, but what's kinda funny is Bettina Wohlers claims the person who showed up to take the test simply wasn't Paul McCartney. The documents involved in taking the DNA test were signed by a right-handed person and any Beatles fan worth their salt can tell you McCartney is left-handed.

That's really all I've got.

Woah, woah, woah. I meant 1966... I was just testing you Doomy because I wanted to see what you know. :P

There's a sh*t ton more to the story. In 1967 The Beatles hosted a Paul look-a-like contest. Also, they look totally different and have different heights. I'm not complaining or being a dick about it because I think Paul #2 is waaaay more talented than pop bowl cut dead Paul.

I have a video somewhere around here...

You watch this too buddy. Merry Christmas.
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman
@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yes and it even has "expert" speakers.with "valid evidence" the man himself all while I recruit other users to gang up on you.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@jack16ichigo said:

@DoomDoomDoom: I've found it very plausible that alien once visited us and our ancestors thought of them as Gods or how they describe them led to future generation to believe they were Gods,I think there's some solid evidence that clearly depict modern astronauts hundreds of years before,there's also feets that ancient man achieve that seem impossible even by today standards and theres even similar cultural aspects across the ancient world with civilization that had no contact to each other.....

Did you know many people believe that aliens are actually from a different dimension (realities) and not from outer space? NASA hired these two famous European scientists in the 70's to study UFO's and they determined that they were from an alternate reality and that the UFO's were the aliens themselves. According to them, they can take on the shape of whatever it is they want and can even disappear and bend space and time. They also came into agreement that the aliens were hostel because they were trying to pretend to be something that they are not. Many current Native American cultures believe in something really, really similar. I need to look for the link.. It's pretty interesting. I'm not sure what I believe, but either way imma need to see some real proof before I put my faith in anything like that.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yes and it even has "expert" speakers.with "valid evidence" the man himself all while I recruit other users to gang up on you.

Well damnnn.... Is there a reason for all of this madness or what?

lol Seriously though, is this about the underage thread?

Because if it is, me and you need to have a long talk about forgiveness.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jack16ichigo

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Inter-dimension aliens ? thats a new spin on thing its as plausible as outer-space,as for the UFO being the aliens themselves I once saw a thing that said an alien that lived in a gas giant (like Jupiter) would resemble a giant jelly fish which would look similar to the typical UFO.I may have do some research into this :)

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Loki9876

Maria Magdalena was probably the wife of Jesus. That's the only one I believe.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Didn't know about the look-a-like contest. The Paul McCartney double is referred to as Faul sometimes though.

@jack16ichigo said:

.I may have do some research into this :)

Please do if your into it, and let us know what you find!

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By superstay

@NlGHTCRAWLER:

No Caption Provided

You trying to hurt me with all this phony baloney bull huh? d?_?b

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@DoomDoomDoom said:

@Vance Astro: Historically there is, just not in New World Order vibe most people link it with.

Yea, I meant this modern day Illuminati that people think celebrities are a part of. 
jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jack16ichigo

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Didn't know about the look-a-like contest. The Paul McCartney double is referred to as Faul sometimes though.

@jack16ichigo said:

.I may have do some research into this :)

Please do if your into it, and let us know what you find!

I will if I find anything interesting :D

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@jack16ichigo: As do I. If I find that link I will PM it to you... It could have been a video too. Gotta check my hard drive tomorrow.

@DoomDoomDoom: YES. Supposedly Harrison was almost murdered and Lennon WAS murdered because they wanted the secret out. That part might be "too" far, but anything is possible if this Faul thing is real.

@superstay said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER:

No Caption Provided

You trying to hurt me with all this phony baloney bull huh? d?_?b

It's real Superstay! Accept it and you might even learn to like it.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jack16ichigo

@NlGHTCRAWLER: thanks that'd be great :D also if Paul was replaced what advantages would there be to replacing ? just curious to why they would do it....

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Vance Astro: Yeah it's not something I'm buying either, but I will dig up some more information on it.

Nice to see a mod in the thread by the way!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Governments have far more control over us than we realise 

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Governments have far more control over us than we realise

Understatement of the century. Any aspect your thinking of in particular though?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dernman
@NlGHTCRAWLER said: 

Well damnnn.... Is there a reason for all of this madness or what?

lol Seriously though, is this about the underage thread?

Because if it is, me and you need to have a long talk about forgiveness.

O__o I think the joke has been lost somewhere. Wasn't even sure that was you or not.
jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jack16ichigo

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Understatement of the century. Any aspect your thinking of in particular though?

You know I've never understood what people mean by this.....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@DoomDoomDoom said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Well this is an interesting site TheyRule.net
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@jack16ichigo: Basically, everything around you is government regulated. Don't get me wrong though the majority of it is beneficial.

@Jonny_Anonymous: Wow...that is quite an amazing site. Good find!

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jack16ichigo

@DoomDoomDoom: Well the government does control what comes in and what go's out.....

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By superstay

@NlGHTCRAWLER: naw dude its fake IMO, it's the same paul.

It's fact that John hated people searching for things in their lyrics, pictures, interviews, so it's not unlikely he said "Hey lads they [the public] wants to play Sherlock Holmes, why don't we give them something juicy to look for" the other four liking the Idea jumps on the bandwagon. Now we're chasing some fack conspiracy while the Beatles lol at us in John's House over a cup of tea and some Fish & Chips [Figuratively]. dO.Ob

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@jack16ichigo: Basically, everything around you is government regulated. Don't get me wrong though the majority of it is beneficial.

@Jonny_Anonymous: Wow...that is quite an amazing site. Good find!

Thank Jonathan Hickman, he brought it to my attention lol

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Jonny_Anonymous: Nice!

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ringo Starr was an Evolved Ape...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

A friend of mine was freaking out over the illuminati theory that London would explode last Saturday.

When I rubbed it in his face, he denied ever saying it.

Lulz.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ms__omega

The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!!!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Ms. Omega said:

The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!!!

Iv'e seen this before you thief. :P

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ms__omega

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Ms. Omega said:

Iv'e seen this before you thief. :P

LOL most awesome Justice League quote ever!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#44  Edited By SC  Moderator
@jack16ichigo said:

I've found it very plausible that alien once visited us and our ancestors thought of them as Gods or how they describe them led to future generation to believe they were Gods,I think there's some solid evidence that clearly depict modern astronauts hundreds of years before,there's also feets that ancient man achieve that seem impossible even by today standards and theres even similar cultural aspects across the ancient world with civilization that had no contact to each other.....

Thats pretty interesting. As a counter theories a big issue would be that Erich von Däniken is one of the biggest proponents of such theories, but his scientific capabilities were incredibly lacking and he use to draw a lot of dodgy conclusions. He would basically misinterpret historic evidence through lack of knowledge. Sort of like saying that trees are sentient and they have powerful wind abilities, because when trees move a lot they make it windy. Modern anthropology also tends to suggest that as peoples develop, even independently of each other they will share common ideas, themes and patterns that will show up in art. Even believing in gods falls under that.  

Of course I could just be saying all of this so you don't catch on to me and my celestial deity buddies....  

A few weeks ago quite a lot of people dismissed a thread about how Batman (movie) was really right wing and oppressive and something and they were right to (because the reasoning behind the premise had lots of holes), but as far as conspiracies, the idea that politics don't sneak into movies in subtle manipulative ways I think can be explored. Mainly because we know peoples perceptions are off, we know that when asked and tested a person is more emotional than they think they are. Which means that when they make decisions, despite trying to approach things intelligently, even if they think they are, they are probably just going with what they feel, and trying to think and consider things well when your being motivated by emotion tends to not be as effective. This can make people easy to exploit, and with knowledge of how you can sort of herd them a certain way. Now many people know that the news is a poor reflection on reality, but a lot of people do not. Lots of people assume as well, so some people watching the news can be prone to taking small percentages and thinking they are a majority. Movies as well, if you can use movies to home in on a persons desires, fears, motivations, resonate with them, you can sort of tug at their psychology. Considering also that rich people tend to want to stay rich, and powerful people tend to want to stay in power, and that the wealth gap is constantly getting greater, I could see how its easy to see how movies, music, TV are getting better at playing with peoples psychology even on a level so subtle most don't recognize, relying on the fact many won't just consider and those that are considering are doing it wrong. Think how fast protagonists in movies get rich, fall in love, overcome hard problems, overcome huge obstacles and get favorable resolutions? Think of how many of these sorts of stories people are exposed to? Think of how many people want similar occurrences even if on a level they consider more realistic? Its possible that most people reading this thread probably believe that in 5 years they will be richer than they are now (instead of poorer) and THATS how they get your car and house and why you should go live in a cave with foil hats... foil so shiny.                 
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Aliens.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jack16ichigo

@SC: I don't know who Erich von Däniken but we all presume things based on what we know of the world so a dodgy conclusion could be as incorrect as the mainstream presumption based what they think the world is like as for the trees thing early man made presumption suck as and where considered correct for possible long periods until proven wrong.As for man having common idea's around the world I think that can only go up to a point when it considered a coincidence.

My point is we only know the world we live in and so many things have been dis proven before it could happen again :)

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CrimsonCake

There are reptilian humanoids living in underground cities under L.A.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CrimsonCake

Beware...

No Caption Provided
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49  Edited By SC  Moderator
@jack16ichigo said:

@SC: I don't know who Erich von Däniken but we all presume things based on what we know of the world so a dodgy conclusion could be as incorrect as the mainstream presumption based what they think the world is like as for the trees thing early man made presumption suck as and where considered correct for possible long periods until proven wrong.As for man having common idea's around the world I think that can only go up to a point when it considered a coincidence.

My point is we only know the world we live in and so many things have been dis proven before it could happen again :)

Erich von Däniken popularized the idea of space gods slash alien visitors and that they aided human civilizations and left clues like images of space astronauts in walls and carvings and that they were also responsible for things like pyramids and other other ancient structures thought impossible. He wrote a series of books about such topics and because it was the 60's a lot of people were duped by his pseudoarchaeology. I mentioned him because he has claimed to have proof of ancient astronaut and spaceship depictions but thoroughly been deconstructed by people who spend their whole lives learning and studying Mayan texts, and art and so on.  

Oh I said lack of knowledge, lack of, so ignorance. Erich von Däniken was either very ignorant or a fraud (and given that he has been arrested for fraud for other reasons I would probably go with the latter) and people can presume on things that they don't know, hence. Däniken was dodgy in the sense that he would make a claim, be presented with hard evidence he was wrong, and then concede and then move on to make more claims. So its not like he was refuted by subjective popular opinion.  

Well thats the thing with my point, there is no need for coincidence because understanding and knowledge of how peoples operate in groups has increased to the point of knowing and so knowing what was likely. So unless your projecting extreme similarities?  

Thats a good last point, but naturally, my point if I were to make one generally is that peoples knowledge levels vary and because they vary sometimes people don't have to try and give answers to questions already answered, just actually having a willingness to learn and understand is enough.      
jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jack16ichigo

@SC: He may have been a fraud but I still feel there's enough evidence that it's worth the benefit of the doubt and I still feel its more plausible than actual Gods and most ignore it because its outrageous to think so like so many things once where but you raise some very valid points :) problem is we'll probably never truly understand what happened.

Geez need a bloody English degree to keep up with you guys on here ;)