Donald Trump General Discussion thread

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's wrong about 90% of stuff. If you pay close attention to his predictions you'll notice this. He blurts out predictions at high speed, then cherrypicks it when they're partially correct. As for the election, he was gearing up to use fraud as an excuse if trump lost. Therefore, he'd have been able to claim being correct either way.

You nailed it. Alex Jones's thing is to say that everything is a conspiracy, everything is falling apart, everyone is out to get you, and predict everything he can so that eventually when one of his contradictory predictions is right... he can say that he was right all along. But he conveniently forgets the other 99% of the times when his batshit-crazy ramblings were dead wrong.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3552  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@asgardianbrony:

he gets emotional and says some stuff, but when he is reporting on the important news he shows the truth.

He's been predicting WW3 being about to happen for a decade. That's important news by any measure, but he's never gotten it right.

well there was voter fraud. CNN even accidentally showed it live during the election.

Whether or not there was localised voter fraud, it obviously wasn't systematic or significant enough to swing the election. Don't give me Alex's current line that '5 states were stolen' either. He seems to think cherry picking one random woman who agrees with him validates his perspective and claims.

well the world is getting to be a darker place, if he believes we could get nuked soon and you disagree who cares? he is right about the important stuff.

Uh, impending nuclear war is about as important as stuff can get. He isn't right about important stuff either. He hones in on small details and loses larger issues. He's intellectually sloppy, he constantly takes people out context. I think even his biggest fans would have to admit that the guy is a little unstable.

Basically, InfoWars is a pretty poor source of actual news.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

He was endorsed by the KKK. Whether or not you think he's racist or dumb or fit to lead; He was endorsed by the KKK. Something about him or his policies warranted an endorsement from the KKK.

Just let that sink in for a second...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3554  Edited By dernman

@night_thrasher said:

He was endorsed by the KKK. Whether or not you think he's racist or dumb or fit to lead; He was endorsed by the KKK. Something about him or his policies warranted an endorsement from the KKK.

Hilary Clinton's friend and mentor Robert Byrd was a KKK leader and recruiter......

Also Ku Klux Klan leader Will Quigg endorsed Hillary Clinton for presidency.....

So you should really let the fact that the KKK was supporting both sides of the fence sink in.

TheNatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donald elected a top climate change skeptic to lead the EPA transition....

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenatty said:

He did promise to scrap the Paris Climate Change deal... which is really scary. That's the best progress we've made in recent years towards doing anything significant about climate change, and now it might all fall apart.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@night_thrasher said:

Hilary Clinton's friend and mentor Robert Byrd was a KKK leader and recruiter......

Also Ku Klux Klan leader Will Quigg endorsed Hillary Clinton for presidency.....

So you should really let the fact that the KKK was supporting both sides of the fence sink in.

Robert Byrd quit the clan 1952 and constantly apologized for his past actions.

“Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous was quoted at the time of his death in June 2010. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.”

https://donate.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-mourns-the-passing-of-u.s.-senator-robert-byrd/

David Duke on the other hand

Not to Mention there only side that has people chanting this crap

Loading Video...

Spare me the whole "both sides are the same" bullshit

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't care if Trump is an actual KKK member. I care more about the policies and what they can do to improve the economy, I also don't care if Trump could profit from it. The world is not always black and white. BlackLivesMatter and Trump supporters both have racists and extremists who support both groups. If he could improve the economy, even in a way that affect big corporations outside of his own corporation, I would be okay with that. What's important is how we could deal with the accumulating debt, the illegal immigration, the terrorist attacks, outsourcing, etc. Hillary and Trump are both back by big business, Trump is a big business himself while Hillary is backed by Wall Street people, however, Trump's policies will likely related to things that will benefit his company while Hillary will have to answer to a bunch of big business lobbyists. I'm giving him a chance, I'd see if he could keep his promise and tighten the border, limit the immigration from high risk countries, and can improve the economy. That are the issues I'm concerning with.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump's supporters are now trying to stop the recounts by saying that they're "frivolous". If Trump had lost the election, he'd be crying and screaming about fraud and calling for a recount the minute after the winner was called. But since he won by a narrow margin of votes (actually losing the popular vote by 2.3 million votes) then they want to stop the recounts.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I googled `Supreme Leader' and found this

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure racist black people supported Obama, Al Sharpton definitely did. Did anyone complain about that??

Also, what is it with people and still mentioning the KKK?? They are a group with maybe a couple of thousand members at most, some of which are probably FBI plants, and haven't done nearly anything other than have shit tier rallies in years. They are like this ominous boogeyman that liberals and non whites just throw out at random times. If you are a minority in the US you have a better chance of getting killed by someone OF YOUR OWN FREAKING RACE than you do of getting killed by a group of racist white people. In fact, according to FBI statistics, white people are usually the biggest victims of inter racial crime, with black males being the perpetrators.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Members of the KKK and other pro white groups probably supported Trump because he isn't some cucked out, white guilt ridden feeb that panders to minorities for votes. When you are a white person and your family has lived in a small town in the US for generations and you watch that same town turn into a third world ghetto from uncontrolled Somalian or Mexican immigration, you're likely going to vote for the white guy who is against immigration.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it laughable the rebuttals of my comment. I merely pointed out that the most notorious domestic terrorist group in the country's history endorsed trump. Take with that what you will. Also he got endorsed by Putin!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3565 Lunacyde  Moderator

@cattlebattle: Immigration isn't the problem facing rural America, the inherent contradictions of capitalism are.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3566 JediXMan  Moderator

@lunacyde:

The problem with rural America and unemployment in general is automation and technological advancement. We have under educated people who can't find work, and the only jobs for them were taken by computers and machinery. Fact is, these types of jobs are dying, and they aren't coming back.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3567  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: Exactly, which is but one of the many internal contradictions of capitalism. The pursuit of surplus value leads to mechanization and automation in order to cut costs. However, with fewer people earning wages fewer people can consume the products of labor. Hence the rise of credit in the 1970s and 1980s.

There are more people who need work than jobs for them to fill, particularly when considering skill sets. Since higher education itself is commodified those who don't have financial means to attain it are stuck in their position with no available means to change their prospects. This entrenches and perpetuates class hierarchy and stagnates social mobility.

Furthermore unemployment is a structural requirement for the functioning of a capitalist system.The societal superstructure and cultural hegemony work to maintain and perpetuate the existing mode of production. Hence why convict leasing has seen a resurgence in America.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@lunacyde:

The problem with rural America and unemployment in general is automation and technological advancement. We have under educated people who can't find work, and the only jobs for them were taken by computers and machinery. Fact is, these types of jobs are dying, and they aren't coming back.

This is 100% right. When it comes to manufacturing, the U.S. now does about 2x as much as it did in the mid 1980's. It just happens that most of it these days is done by machines. For the rest of the jobs, they're subject to competition with labor costs across the world... and no amount of protectionism or isolationism will change that. If we started manufacturing all the things here that are done elsewhere with human labor, all that would result would be much higher prices for consumers. The solution is not to wish for the good old days when you could get a good-paying job with no education or training, it's to make sure everyone has access to the training and education they need to do what they want.

Same kind of thing with coal mining jobs. Those jobs are going away because of technology and very low natural gas prices, as well as new emerging renewable energy sources. Trump telling coal miners that he's going to bring their jobs back is fantasy that will never happen. Fracking for natural gas made sure of that. A lot of people willingly bought Trump's bill of goods, and they have a rude awakening coming to them when it never materializes.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3569 JediXMan  Moderator

@lunacyde:

One of our biggest problems is overproduction. Most products go into the trash. It's a waste of resources, manpower, and money. The rest I'll address when I'm on my computer.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3570 JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

True, though I wouldn't say fracking is necessarily the better alternative to coal; it has its own share of problems.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3571 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: overproduction is a consequence of consumer culture ;)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3572 JediXMan  Moderator

@lunacyde:

True. Companies should try to match or at least come close to matching the annual demand curve, rather than overproduce and flood the market with things that won't aid the economy.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I brought him a friend

No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@willpayton:

True, though I wouldn't say fracking is necessarily the better alternative to coal; it has its own share of problems.

Absolutely. But people need to realize that it's one of the main reasons why the coal jobs are going away and why coal-fired plants arent being built. It's not Obama's fault, it's not over-regulation, it's not a "war on coal". It's just what happens as technology evolves and certain industries become obsolete. And instead of telling people that we can turn back the clock and they can have their old jobs back, politicians should be telling people the truth. Of course, selling a fantasy is usually easier than telling the hard truth.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3575  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@willpayton: People love the free market until it is what deprives them of a job. Then they still love it but blame the government.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3576 JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

The question is, tbough, what do we do with the people who are incapable of doing anything but these obsolete jobs?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: It's not the free market itself that's hurting people. It's like free range chicken. Except the range is in the middle of a toxic waste dump

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3578 Lunacyde  Moderator
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: The free market itself is what made the country what it is. However, the bastardization of a free economy has allowed companies to act not in the interest of competition but only for profit. Deregulation and lobbyists have made it easier for a company to make a bad product that may be dangerous or unfit than to make a good product because of profits.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@willpayton:

The question is, tbough, what do we do with the people who are incapable of doing anything but these obsolete jobs?

Man, that's always a hard question. I'd say government subsidies for vocational training programs and education.

It'd also be interesting to combine those training/education funds with some form of guaranteed minimum income. After all, people need money to live on while they're training or going to school.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3581 JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

I want to address minimum wage, because I don't think it's very clear cut. I'll do it when I'm at a computer.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3582 Lunacyde  Moderator

@night_thrasher: I hate to burst your bubble, but the capitalist system is intrinsically organized around the profit motive. This is not a bastardization, it is the nature of the beast. Regulation is an oppositional force to the free market, not a component of it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3583 JediXMan  Moderator

@lunacyde:

To be fair, we (in theory) have more of a hybrid system than a pure free market.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3584  Edited By willpayton

@jedixman said:

@willpayton:

I want to address minimum wage, because I don't think it's very clear cut. I'll do it when I'm at a computer.

Minimum wage is an interesting topic on its own, but just to clarify... I was talking about guaranteed minimum income, which is not the same as minimum wage.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3585  Edited By Night Thrasher

@lunacyde: The bastardization isn't the motive. It's the buffer that the government is supposed to provide between the consumer and unsafe business practices has eroded. I.E. The pipeline in ND

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3586  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: Oh certainly. There is not a nation on Earth that operates a completely free market.Free market economies exist on a spectrum.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely free market is a stupid idea anyway since monopoly will happen as a natural course of progression, as well as buying out small business and pattern stealing and hoarding. Some of these things have already happened in the current form of capitalism in America, but there is some form of control in place for it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3588 JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

Ah, I misread it. I see your point. Still, I'll address minimum wage anyway later.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@jedixman: Oh certainly. There is not a nation on Earth that operates a completely free market.Free market economies exist on a spectrum.

Somalia might come close.

A total free market only leads to anarchy and eventually tyranny. For a market to function properly it needs balanced regulation and oversight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3590 JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

A lot of third world countries come close (third world in the contemporary sense, not in the cold war sense).

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3591  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@night_thrasher: Yes, but that governmental buffer is an outside check upon the free market system. The free market system has contradictions inherent to its structure. Governmental regulation over hazardous working conditions, excessive hours, minimum wages, child labor, etc arose in opposition to a pure free market because the free market was undermining it's own continued ability to function. Government regulations paper over these contradictions so they are not as glaring, but fail to correct the root causes. Neo-liberal efforts to valorize the free market and de-regulate will continue to perpetuate the crisis prone capitalist mode of production.

TheNatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3592  Edited By TheNatty

@thenatty said:

He did promise to scrap the Paris Climate Change deal... which is really scary. That's the best progress we've made in recent years towards doing anything significant about climate change, and now it might all fall apart.

Donald crazy man, he's crazy. Good luck to the US though, for his 4 years in term.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3593  Edited By comic_fan123
poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3594  Edited By poeticwarrior

Chinese government is bigger ass than Trump anyway. I could care less what they think. They're bullying a lot of nations in Asia. One thing I hope Trump could do is diverting business from China. Even if I'm against outsourcing, those money grubbing big business like Apple goes to other countries like Vietnam would be better than contributing the the oppressive regime in China.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3595  Edited By dernman

@frogdog said:
@dernman said:
@night_thrasher said:

“Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous was quoted at the time of his death in June 2010. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.”

https://donate.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-mourns-the-passing-of-u.s.-senator-robert-byrd/

Loading Video...

Spare me the hypocrisy and the bullshit excuses. Also I noticed you didn't mention the other leader who supports her..

Didn't watch the video. Since you were posting all that fake ass news shit about Trump after he got elected you don't really have any credibility left for me to give it the time.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@frogdog said:
@dernman said:
@night_thrasher said:

Loading Video...

Spare me the hypocrisy and the bullshit excuses. Also I noticed you didn't mention the other leader who supports her..

The other leader is just a troll:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/30/is-this-hillary-clinton-kkk-supporter-just-an-elaborate-troll.html

Spare everyone else please.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3597  Edited By dernman

@revan2424 said:
@dernman said:
@frogdog said:
@dernman said:
@night_thrasher said:

Loading Video...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/30/is-this-hillary-clinton-kkk-supporter-just-an-elaborate-troll.html

Yeah how about spare us an article that is nothing but one persons speculations and assumptions without any actual proof. Oh wait but it was written on the internet so it must be true.

Seriously you're using a rag like the Dailybeast?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donald Trump is an utter buffoon. That is all.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if I'm against outsourcing, those money grubbing big business like Apple goes to other countries like Vietnam would be better than contributing the the oppressive regime in China.

Working for Apple in itself is oppressive enough for the Chinese people. Apple should stay in the US, not make people work for hours upon hours in a hot sweaty factory for f**k all wage and have some people die around them. Fu**ing big companies like that, so un-ethical as hell.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@revan2424 said:
@dernman said:
@frogdog said:
@dernman said:
@night_thrasher said:

Loading Video...

Yeah how about spare us an article that is nothing but one persons speculations and assumptions without any actual proof. Oh wait but it was written on the internet so it must be true.

Seriously you're using a rag like the Dailybeast?

So them using direct quotes is an opinion? He's obviously trolling. He tweeted this he literally said it was a lie. But go ahead deny it. Like you do best.