Vergere Respect Thread

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By WollfMyth209

Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me.

-- Vergere

No Caption Provided

Note:This is best viewed in blog form.

Power

Vergere is Thracia Chom Lee's most able apprentice:

Vergere was my most able apprentice.

Rogue Planet

Vergere’s connection to the Force is as profound as Jacen Solo's, and she crackles with power:

Suffering and exhaustion had bled away Jacen's capacity for astonishment; he did not care how Vergere knew what he was doing. He opened himself to the Force, let its clean cascade wash through him, dissolving his pain and confusion... and found at his side a connection to the Force as profound as his own. Vergere crackled with power.

New Jedi Order: Traitor

Vergere appears to Jacen Solo as a Force Ghost, indicating a strong connection to the Force:

Vergere, seeking to save a struggling Jacen, commandeered an A-wing starfighter, and crashed her vessel into the barren moon. The resulting explosion decimated the Yuuzhan Vong forces and killed Vergere, though her spectral form would appear to Jacen shortly thereafter.

Star Wars Databank: Vergere

Solo was later visisted by Vergere’s spirit and pledged to honor her memory by following the Force to achieve his own destiny.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

"You chose with your heart. And you achieved your object, did you not? Your sister lives." She looked at him solemnly. "And I achieved my object as well. You are free to pursue your destiny."

Truth struck Jacen. He looked at Vergere in shock.

"I just realized," he said. "You're dead, aren't you?"

New Jedi Order: Destiny’s Way

Physical abilities/Force Valor

Vergere reacts to Force Lightning, using her lightsaber to deflect it:

Jaina sneered at the creature, then raised her hand and loosed another bolt of Force lightning.

Anakin's lightsaber snapped to life in Vergere's hand and rose to intercept the attack. Then, eyes going wide, she turned and fled into the warren, the lit blade wagging behind her like a tail.

New Jedi Order: Star by Star

Vergere evades blaster fire by leaping:

Four blaster bolts lanced down into the mortuary pit, but Zekk's hand crashed down across Jaina's barrel and her shot went wide, burning into the ground next to Vergere's feet. The creature was already jumping to one side, Anakin's lightsaber coming around smoothly, as though she actually knew how to use it - a notion that was dispelled when she let it slip from her hand and clatter bladeless to the ground.

New Jedi Order: Star by Star

Vergere deflects blaster fire:

In the maze of walkways below the dome's oculus window, blaster bolts darted and crisscrossed in the tinted light. Others glanced from a lightsaber's green blade. Sparks showered down on the drummers and trumpeters like a benediction.

Sei screamed.

Jedi Masters Adi Gallia and Vergere rushed forward, their swords ignited.

Cloak of Deception

Vergere uses her powerful legs to catapult herself to the beach shore:

Vergere floated in like a water fowl until she reached the stony beach, then she called on her powerful reverse-articulated legs to catapult her ashore.

Cloak of Deception

Vergere leaps over Han Solo:

Han hurled himself at her, but Vergere executed an agile leap that carried her out of reach, then another that front-flipped her straight into the escape pod.

New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial

Vergere uses her powerful legs to leap from dome to dome, with such speed and agility it was as if she was wearing a rocket pack:

Off to his left, he spied Vergere leaping from dome to dome, as if she were wearing a rocket pack.

Cloak of Deception

Vergere outruns Jacen Solo, and several Yuuzhan Vong warriors:

After one last glance through the hole above at the black, lightning-lashed clouds, he did. Deep into the planet, deep into the darkness...

Running.

Glow globes dead, or pulsing feebly; flashes of rooms, bare and sterile, the only life flattened cartoons of foliage spidering across walls in mosaic tiles; hard clap of boots on stone, harsh breath rasping through dust-filled throat, over lips and teeth coated with sand...

Running.

Sweat burned in Jacen's eyes, blurring Vergere's back; she streaked ahead, turning corners, ducking through doorways, diving down stairwells, leaping into abandoned turbolifts to slide the guardrails, and he followed desperately...

Deeper into the planet. Deeper into the darkness.

Running.

That calm open hollow at his center evaporated somewhere along the way; he didn't feel the Yuuzhan Vong anymore. Gasping, losing Vergere and catching sight of her again, his sprint dipping into a stagger, he couldn't know if the Yuuzhan Vong were gaining, falling behind, circling ahead. His imagination crowded the corridors at his back with fierce sprinting warriors, but to look behind risked losing Vergere forever. Daggers of fire stabbed into his lungs with every step. Ragged black blots danced in his vision, growing, blending, twisting until they suddenly billowed and swallowed him whole.

Deep in the darkness...

Vergere endures the Force Lightning of an enraged Jacen Solo, although she is heavily damaged:

He remembered a long gathering breath: inhaling a galaxy of hatred and rage--And he remembered channeling that whole galaxy of rage down his arms and hurling it at Vergere. He remembered watching her writhe in the electric arcs of his hatred: remembered the sizzle of his own hands burning as lightning burst through them: remembered how that pain had only fed his anger. And he remembered how good it had felt.

Force Sense

Vergere senses darkness inKrayt:

Legacy #18
Legacy #18

Vergere senses Jacen Solo:

There was something wrong about this crater. Jacen backed up along the notch in the crater's rim wall, frowning. Vergere, a few paces beyond, stopped when she sensed Jacen was no longer following, and she looked a question back at him. He shook his head.

Vergere seems to sense clear and safe paths to run through:

Jacen couldn't know if his next step might fall on a loose chunk of duracrete and trigger an avalanche, or send him tumbling through a crust of fibertile into some semi-intact room below. Vergere never explained how she was always able to find the safest path; Jacen assumed she was using some kind of Force-sense.

Sever Force

Vergere severs Jacen Solo of the Force:

Beyond that, he heard and saw no more. A silent supernova erupted within Jacen's brain, and blasted away the universe. Seconds or centuries passed in oblivion. Consciousness swam back into him, and he opened his eyes to find himself still hanging in the Embrace of Pain, Vergere still standing below him, on her face the same alien facsimile of cheerful mockery.

Nothing had changed. Everything had changed. The universe was empty, now.

"What?..." Jacen croaked, his throat raw as though he'd spent days screaming in his sleep. "What have you done to me?..."

"You have no business with the Force, nor it with you. Let you have the Force? The idea!

It must be some kind of human thing... you mammals are so impulsive, so reckless: infants teething on a blaster. No, no, no, little Solo. The Force is much too dangerous for children.

A great deal more dangerous than those ridiculous lightsabers you all seem to like to wave about. So I took it away from you."

The emptiness of the universe howled inside his head. There was nothing out there. Only vast interstellar vacuum. All his training, all his talent, his gift, meant nothing to the limitlessly indifferent cosmos; the Force was only the ghost of a dream from which he had now awakened. Jaina... He thrust desperately into the bond that had always been there, seeking his sister, his twin; he poured his terror and loss into the void that yawned where that bond had always been.

Only silence. Only emptiness. Only lack.

Oh, Jaina Jaina, I'm sorry... With the Force-bond between them shattered, even Jaina would think he was dead. Would know he was dead.

"You.... there's no way.... you can't possibly..."

He barely recognized this tiny, lost-in-the-dark whisper as his own voice.

"But I have. Really, this Force business, you're better off without it. If you're a good boy, I'll give it back when you grow up."

"But..." How could his universe be so fragile? How could everything he was be so easily broken? "But I'm a Jedi..."

"You were a Jedi," she corrected him. "Haven't you been paying attention? What part about being dead do you not understand?"

"I don't..." Jacen's eyes drifted closed. Tears gathered in his eyelashes, and when he opened his eyes the tears dripped straight from his eyeballs to splash on the floor beside Vergere's feet. One of the room's prehensile eyestalks twisted itself lower to examine them.

"I don't understand anything... Nothing makes sense to me anymore..."

Vergere straightened her back-bent legs and rose onto her toes, bringing her wide whiskered mouth within a decimeter of Jacen's ear.

"Jacen Solo. Listen well." Her voice was warm and kind, and her breath smelled of spices grown in alien soil. "Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

She came close enough that her whiskers tickled his ear, and whispered, "Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith on this."

Jacen stared into eyes as blackly encompassing as interstellar space. He whispered, "What are you?"

"I am Vergere," she said simply. "What are you?"

She waited, motionlessly patient, as though to confirm that he had no answer, then she turned away. A hatch sphincter dilated in the wall--a wet sound like lips opening for a kiss--and Vergere left without a backward glance. The walls and ceiling creaked like an old man's joints as the grip of the Embrace of Pain tightened again.

Jacen Solo was once more swallowed by agony. Now there is no more Force for Jacen -- no more cool breath of life and sanity, no more Jaina, no more life. Where Jacen is, there is only the white.

Tapas

Vergere, alongside other Jedi, uses Tapas -- the ability to warm yourself through the Force in a cold environment:

Warming themselves through the Force, the Jedi huddled on the stone floor of the island's ruined summit temple, with the judicials pressed in among them.

Cloak of Deception

Art of the Small

Vergere can use Art of the Small to rearrange molecules:

"Very good, young Master," Vergere said. "Yes. In that state I can rearrange molecules, take them apart, and build new ones bit by bit. I use my tears because they are convenient, but I can accomplish the same thing with other material."

Vergere had the ability to control the molecular structure of her tears to her desire, creating poisons as well as salves from her ducts.

Through Art of the Small, Vergere heals the bruises of Elan, the Yuuzhan Vong priestess she served as a familiar to:

Gingerly, Elan examined the raw bruises the assassin's powerful fingers had left on her neck. "I know the one Harrar sent," she said after a moment. "He apprenticed under the Shai."

Vergere pressed her hands to her eyes and applied some of her tears to Elan's abraded flesh. "The same sect that spawned Commander Shedao Domain Shai."

New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero’s Trial

Through Art of the Small, Verge heals a man’s blaster wound:

Vergere was suddenly beside him, her slanted eyes brimming with tears. "Let me help you," she said.

Cupping her delicate hands, she held them to her eyes. Then she rubbed her moistened palms together and pressed them to Showolter's wound. He locked his teeth against intense but short-lived pain, then he took a long, shuddering breath.

"Better?" Vergere asked.

"Yes," he told her, plainly astonished.

[...]

"We do have a clue," Luke said. "Vergere used her tears to mend a blaster wound suffered by an intelligence officer aboard the Queen of Empire. She applied them by hand."

New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero’s Trial

Vergere supposedly uses Art of the Small to heal Jacen Solo’s injuries after staying in the Embrace of Pain:

Often, she is incongruously kind to him, tending his raw flesh herself with oddly comforting efficiency; he sometimes wonders if she would do more, would say more, if not for the constant monitoring stares of the eyestalks that dangle from the ceiling.

Vergere heals herself:

"Nom Anor," Vergere said with the patience that grows of wounds and exhaustion, "you are alive, and uninjured save for bumps and bruises." She wept a continuous rain, mopping away her burns with tears.

Through Art of the Small, Vergere saves Mara Jade Skywalker from deadly coomb spores:

Vergere escaped at the last instant, but not before giving Solo a vial of her tears. The strange gift sent Mara Jade Skywalker's Yuuzhan Vong-induced illness into remission.

The New Essential Guide to Characters

"But you..." he rasped. "You saved Mara..."

Vergere accompanied her and gave Han Solo a sample of her tears, which cured Mara Jade Skywalker of a wasting disease that had crippled her.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Vergere had left behind a vial of her tears, which proved to be the successful in slowing a deadly disease plaguing Mara Jade Skywalker. Vergere had the ability to control the molecular structure of her tears to her desire, creating poisons as well as salves from her ducts.

Vergere had been involved in one of the Yuuzhan Vong's first efforts to assassinate the Jedi, but she had also been the one who had given their father the healing tears that had first put Mara's illness into remission. To this day, there remained disagreement over whether Vergere was a friend or foe of the Jedi, a mere pet of the assassin or an agent in her own right.

New Jedi Order: Star By Star

These healing tears of Vergere’s cannot be replicated:

"Whatever is contained in Vergere's tears can't be replicated. The chemical action is as puzzling as anything we've seen from the Yuuzhan Vong. We can only hope the effect is permanent."

New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse

Vergere can use Art of the Small to hide herself in the Force:

"I call it making myself small. I narrow my focus bit by bit until it becomes, well, microscopic. Tiny. My mind and Force-awareness I shrank to an infinitesimal size. An enemy has the same chance of finding me as his chance of finding one molecule amid billions of others."

Vergere uses this power so that Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalkercannot sense her:

But what Luke could not detect was Vergere. She seemed to have vanished completely from his Force-awareness, even though he could plainly see her sitting on her stool across from him.

[...]

"She doesn't feel anything. She's practically invisible. We only sense what she wants us to sense."

Telekinesis

Vergere manipulates a lightsaber hilt:

Jacen reached for the lightsaber, but not with his hand. The handgrip seemed to levitate, bobbling in the air above Nom Anor's palms--then it flipped away, hurtling toward Vergere. She caught it neatly, and set it on the table at her side.

Vergere Force grips Jacen Solo’s shoulder:

"Jacen, wait."

The words were spoken not loudly, but so perfectly resonant that they chimed in his ear as though the speaker were at his side. And she might as well have been: in the Force he felt an invisible hand take his shoulder. He nodded to himself. "I should have known, somehow. I should have known you'd be here."

Vergere stood only a few meters above and to his right, on the coral-draped Senate platform that had once belonged to the delegation from Kashyyyk.

"Come, Jacen. Your sojourn in the lands of the dead is at an end. It is time once more to walk the bright fields of day."

Instead of answering, he turned back toward the bridgeway above -- but her Force grip tightened on his shoulder. "You cannot save him, Jacen. All you can do is die with him. He has chosen this destiny. The only aid you can offer is to honor his choice. You stand at the very gates of death; life lies before you. If you turn back now--even for a single glance over your shoulder--you are lost."

Vergere uses cables to restrain Nom Anor:

"If you kill me..." Nom Anor began desperately. "Kill you? Don't be silly." Cables from the dangling jungle of wreckage suddenly writhed to life, whipping through the air to bind Nom Anor's limbs. They wrapped him tightly enough to squeeze a gasp from his lungs, then tied themselves in hideously complex knots. Vergere watched all this happen -- made it happen, Nom Anor realized -- with a humorous expression on her face and a bright orange flare of her crest.

Vergere telekinetically shoves, then pulls Jacen Solo:

Thud bugs tracked him, blasting splinters off walls, scattering chunks of sodden moss. Shouts from all sides: harsh coughs with too many consonants, half smothered in rain, half buried in thunder. He didn't speak the language, but he could feel the meaning. They had him surrounded, and were closing in. This, he said to himself, would be a really good time for Vergere to show up. As if summoned by his thought, an invisible hand shoved his shoulder, knocking his headlong dash into a diagonal stagger.Before he could recover his balance, an invisible rope hobbled his ankles and brought him crashing to the ground... Which collapsed under him with the dull rip of rotten fibertile, and dumped him headfirst four meters down to a damp stone floor that he hit like a cargo sack.

He lay there, half stunned, gasping, wind knocked completely out of him, staring at the sudden constellations that wheeled around his head but shed no light into the surrounding gloom. A section of wall slid aside, revealing another room beyond, dimly lit by glow globes in conservation mode. The light from the far room haloed a small, slim avian silhouette in the doorway.

"Jacen Solo. It is time to come in from the storm." He looked up at the Jacen-sized hole in this room's ceiling, and let the icy rain that poured in on him wash the stars out of his head.

"Vergere?..."

"Yes."

Thanks for reading
Thanks for reading

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

First.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Azronger

Awesome!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice.

Missing a feat where she uses Force-Blur to disguise a hook from Jacen Solo though.

"You see? Doubly mistaken: my time is not wasted, nor is this your schoolroom." She lifted her hand--a flickering, blurred gesture--and the two warriors at Jacen's back seized his arms in grips hard as hull metal. Then the blur in her hand resolved into that wicked hook of bone. The Force, he thought, panic surging into his heart. She Force-blurred it-- she's been carrying it all along!

Traitor
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! Where would you rank Vergere, Wollf?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice.

Missing a feat where she uses Force-Blur to disguise a hook from Jacen Solo though.

"You see? Doubly mistaken: my time is not wasted, nor is this your schoolroom." She lifted her hand--a flickering, blurred gesture--and the two warriors at Jacen's back seized his arms in grips hard as hull metal. Then the blur in her hand resolved into that wicked hook of bone. The Force, he thought, panic surging into his heart. She Force-blurred it-- she's been carrying it all along!

Traitor

Thanks... and is Force Blur an actual thing?

Good.

Nice work.

@kj27 said:

Nice! Where would you rank Vergere, Wollf?

Thanks. And I don't really know where to rank her, since she's rather vague. However, her demonstrative powers(knocking around Jacen, restraining a high-ranking Vong with cables, severing an injured Jacen's Force powers, having similar power in the Force to NJO Jacen, using Art of the Small to heal the essentially unhealable, etc.) definitely implies to me she's insanely powerful and masterful.

To be frank, I don't see characters like Vader or Tyranus dominating her, and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she's in any way close to them.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KJ27
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kj27: 'Tis a toughie. Both are vague, but implied to be damn powerful so... meh. I'll think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice RT, to one of my favorite Characters, who is imho > Dooku.

Also, also you missed the blankspace between "in and "Krayt" and called Anakins Lightsaber her own.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: Thanks, but I doubt she's > Dooku in the Force in any way. But close to him, I'm sure.

Also I didn't call Anakin's lightsaber her won, I said it's just a lightsaber hilt.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they are in the same tier.

"using HER lightsaber to deflect it"

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: Oh, I thought you were referring to the quote where she telekinetically manipulates a lightsaber.

Anyways, it technically was in her possession at the time, so meh.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive! I thought art of the small in particular was rather interesting; did Luke and other Force users learn it as well?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive! I thought art of the small in particular was rather interesting; did Luke and other Force users learn it as well?

Thanks, and yeah I know for a fact Jacen did and I'd assume he'd teach it to Luke.