The Last Jedi gets a 60% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes..........

• 173 results
stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Only score I care about is my own damn score. [said in my best old man curmudgeon voice]

RT and audiences hate AoTC even more than TPM, yet I mostly like AoTC.

For the new movies, I'd say Rogue One is the best, TFA was good but a clone of ANH which kind of killed it for me (especially with how my favorite SW character goes down, i.e. a predictable mirror moment of Obi Wan's last moment) and TLJ is... a love/hate thing. Funny enough, I can't even totally agree with anyone else on what I love about it vs. what I hate about it.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Dang, it's that bad? I haven't seen it yet.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think Disney is paying them, but there is some bandwagoning going on.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not suprised it's Disney critics wanked this movie so hard the film is sub par and the creative decisions made were just dumb between Snoke, Rey , and Luke only good things are Kylo Ren, the visuals, and the Star Wars brand if this didn't have Star Wars in the title it would be a bomb

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Go in and judge for yourself. I didn't love it but I hope others do?

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

You're questioning whether you hope others like it? Man, this is a polarizing film.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I had no idea. So if it's less than an A- consider it bad? I don't want to believe you....but then you mentioned catwoman.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#59 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

You're questioning whether you hope others like it? Man, this is a polarizing film.

Just saying I guess I hope others enjoy it. I have no idea how other people will feel. It's subjective, after all.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh I think it's the 2nd or 3rd best SW movie.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By infantfinite128

@k4tzm4n said:
@infantfinite128 said:
@k4tzm4n said:

Just saying I guess I hope others enjoy it. I have no idea how other people will feel. It's subjective, after all.

haha. It's a good attitude to have.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@heatforce: green Lantern also has a B CinemaScore. You have to be downright awful to get less than s B-... like Mother got an F because the audience found it down right offensive...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, can't fool the audience unlike these moron critics

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: @lukehero:to be fair i really have no trust in rotten tomatoes. Sure they right many times, however its pretty flawed imo. So ill watch it probably to form own opinion. Rotten tomatos and critics in general have gave some alltimers that i literaly love to death bad reviews. Example original predator movie with Arnold is to me a masteripiece yet was pashed on many levels by critics. The thing with Kurt russel was bashed by critics yet imo its not only a genius scifi horror but also a genius plot.

Critics gave thor and thor dark world mediocre reviews yet those are probably 2 of my top 5mcu favorite movies

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@supermanforever: I think you might just be a different kind of guy. Thor the Darkworld is terrible.

Here’s the thing movies cost money. So yes I And many other people will use critic reviews to gauge whether we spend our hard earned $$$ on something or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this movie had a lot of flaws, and they made almost every wrong turn in my mind. So many things could've been better. 6/10

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a DCEU movie the RT score would be like 20% lol.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't encouraging but you should really wait for the Cinemascore. Rotten Tomatoes Audience score isn't necessarily reliable.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh I think it's the 2nd or 3rd best SW movie.

Really? Man I almost fell asleep during parts of it. It had absolutely no reason to be that long.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a DCEU movie the RT score would be like 20% lol.

lol

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

This isn't encouraging but you should really wait for the Cinemascore. Rotten Tomatoes Audience score isn't necessarily reliable.

Oh so it takes star wars getting bad scores for people to say "RT isnt reliable"

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@amcu said:

Oh so it takes star wars getting bad scores for people to say "RT isnt reliable"

People have been saying RT isn't reliable since Man of Steel. Have you lived under a bridge all your life? Don't answer.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's now 56% and 3.3/5.

Revenge of the fallen has 57% and 3.5/5.

Looklike Disney already empty their cash on critics.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@tj849 said:
@amcu said:

People have been saying RT isn't reliable since Man of Steel. Have you lived under a bridge all your life? Don't answer.

Thats critic score.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good movie.. don't get the hate.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Yeah I really enjoyed it. But each to there own I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Though this movie was not really that good, it's still better than Justice League imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Apparently there's a campaign to bring the score down.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: That campaign sounds familiar. Can't put my finger on it, but I know something happened with the dceu before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS > TLJ

Dont @ me

Mate you are literally asking for @ here :D

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:
@amcu said:

I don't know what people have been saying. I didn't think about if for awhile but I now see why the audience score wouldn't be reliable. The average movie goer doesn't go online and give a movie as score. Primarily, only hardcore fans/fanboys would do stuff like that. On top of that anyone can vote on the audience score whether they have seen the movie or not. I think they can also use different accounts and vote multiple times. That means that any fanboy that just wants to hate a movie can go and say it was horrible and give it 1 star. Or a fanboy who just wants to say the movie was an amazing and wonderful masterpiece can go online and say the movie was a 10/10 and the best film of all time. That simply makes it less accurate. I think its best to wait for the Cinemascore if you really want to know what the general movie going audience thought of the film. From what I understand Cinemascore actually goes and polls people that come out of the theater and asks them what they think. That means that they are less likely to be the hardcore fanboys and more likely to be regular people. They also have to have seen the movie unlike the people who vote on imbd and Rotten Tomatoes audience score.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Good. It deserves criticism.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

56%? Seriously??

I mean, is possible that the movie was mediocre or even bad, but is hard to believe that a Star Wars movie could get this low on the audience score unless it was a complete disaster, also the high critic review many times convince a good part of the audience to change their views about the movie

Maybe is possible that is being spammed by fake accounts or something like that? That score is really bizarre.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect that it's one of those pieces of media a reviewer may be afraid of speaking critically of.

You may get some honest criticism in a view weeks when moods have tempered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

I mean, is possible that the movie was mediocre or even bad, but is hard to believe that a Star Wars movie could get this low on the audience score unless it was a complete disaster, also the high critic review many times convince a good part of the audience to change their views about the movie

Maybe is possible that is being spammed by fake accounts or something like that? That score is really bizarre.

Or maybe and I might be going out on a limb here....

Wait for it....the audience really didn't like the movie.

I know right. Mind = blown.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@farkam: From what I've heard, most people really hated that episode because of the slow pacing and lack of action going on.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shamshi said:
@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

Or maybe and I might be going out on a limb here....

Wait for it....the audience really didn't like the movie.

I know right. Mind = blown.

Woah, woah, woah Shamshi. Slow your roll, buddy. You're speaking nonsense. Let's not get too crazy here. Lol

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I was disappointed in this movie

Left Episode VII super pumped for the franchise and excited for Episode VIII. Left this one with an entirely "meh" feeling about the next one. I'll see Episode IX because it's Star Wars, but am I excited? Nah

NakedSnek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible Movie!

Mark Hamill - If you're a long time starwars fan then you're in for a dissapointment > Last Jedi

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

I remember you being one of the users roasting other users who claimed the exact same thing about BvS.....hmmmm.....maybe the movie just sucked?? lol

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

I remember you being one of the users roasting other users who claimed the exact samething about BvS.....hmmmm.....maybe the movie just sucked?? lol

Sorry Butter but I remember no such thing.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Why is it rated so high by critics though ??

I haven´t seen the movie btw

Critics suck. Always have, always will. They panned most of the great comedies that have ever come out.

As for this film. The first 2/3s are pretty mediocre, I thought. The last act is very good, but even then, there's one or two things I really didn't like. The Star Wars hype train has to help with ratings, as everyone is pumped by the atmosphere and ridiculous number of people in there.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It sounds like Star Wars: The Last Stand.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Spambot

I can almost guarantee that audience score was over 90% on Wednesday too because of how RT calculates it. So its been going down sharply.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@tj849 said:
@amcu said:

I don't know what people have been saying. I didn't think about if for awhile but I now see why the audience score wouldn't be reliable. The average movie goer doesn't go online and give a movie as score. Primarily, only hardcore fans/fanboys would do stuff like that. On top of that anyone can vote on the audience score whether they have seen the movie or not.

Yet plenty of films get good Scores from critics and audience showings its a good movie. So........ your point?