The Last Jedi gets a 60% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes..........

• 173 results
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Aside from a few scenes that I liked, largely for superficial reasons (Holdo's kamikaze, Rey and Kylo's lightsaber fight vs Snoke's guards) the movie sucked.

If someone had told you Luke Skywalker would drink milk from an alien tit prior to the movie coming out, what you would have said?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kinda weird considering how much my theater seemed to enjoy it.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I smell ?on those so called audience scores. You no it’s bs when people are giving it 0/10. That I can guarantee is so called true butthurt Star Wars fanboys. They were upset because the film didn’t go the way they planned it to.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@tj849 said:
@amcu said:

This isn't encouraging but you should really wait for the Cinemascore. Rotten Tomatoes Audience score isn't necessarily reliable.

Oh so it takes star wars getting bad scores for people to say "RT isnt reliable"

I don't know what people have been saying. I didn't think about if for awhile but I now see why the audience score wouldn't be reliable. The average movie goer doesn't go online and give a movie as score. Primarily, only hardcore fans/fanboys would do stuff like that. On top of that anyone can vote on the audience score whether they have seen the movie or not.

Yet plenty of films get good Scores from critics and audience showings its a good movie. So........ your point?

So did the Last Jedi. It got a 93% critic score and an A Cinemascore. So........ your point?

Just so you know, I'm not saying that the Last Jedi is good. I haven't seen it yet. Its certainly possible that I'll think its complete garbage. I was simply saying that the Rotten Tomatoes audience score isn't necessarily a reliable indicator of what the average move going audience thinks of a film, and considering The Last Jedi's Cinemascore I think I was right.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@amcu: considering TLJ made so far way less money than TFA did on opening weekend, I say your Cinna score matters not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's come out, that a whole heap of trolls on 4chan made several alt accounts to vote down TLJ on RT.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

I mean, is possible that the movie was mediocre or even bad, but is hard to believe that a Star Wars movie could get this low on the audience score unless it was a complete disaster, also the high critic review many times convince a good part of the audience to change their views about the movie

Maybe is possible that is being spammed by fake accounts or something like that? That score is really bizarre.

I remember you being one of the users roasting other users who claimed the exact samething about BvS.....hmmmm.....maybe the movie just sucked?? lol

Sorry Butter but I remember no such thing.

C'mon stop lying lol

You're one of the users who consistently falls in with the roasting of other users who suggest critics/fans aren't fair to DCEU movies. Now, one of the movies you don't like is getting roasted and you're suggesting the same thing.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Oh I don't think it was ever going to match the Force Awakens opening weekend. For the most part I don't think the audience reception necessarily has a massive factor on the opening weekend. Audience reception more effects the long term legs of a film. I think the opening weekend is more based on the anticipation that a film has. The Last Jedi was never going to match The Force Awakens in terms of anticipation. The Force Awakens was the first Star Wars film in forever and it was the return of the original cast. It was just the perfect storm of circumstances that allowed it to do so well. The Last Jedi is the third new Star Wars film and it doesn't have the Star Wars is back factor working for it. On top of that The Last Jedi is still looking to come in with around $220 million opening weekend. That's the second best domestic opening of all time and only $27 million behind the Force Awakens.

The Cinemascore is more accurate than the other scores because its actually average movie goers. It's not a bunch of people online who may or may not have seen the movie. Cinemascore actually polls people when they come out of the theater and asks them what they thought of the film.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

I mean, is possible that the movie was mediocre or even bad, but is hard to believe that a Star Wars movie could get this low on the audience score unless it was a complete disaster, also the high critic review many times convince a good part of the audience to change their views about the movie

Maybe is possible that is being spammed by fake accounts or something like that? That score is really bizarre.

I remember you being one of the users roasting other users who claimed the exact samething about BvS.....hmmmm.....maybe the movie just sucked?? lol

C'mon stop lying lol

You're one of the users who consistently falls in with the roasting of other users who suggest critics/fans aren't fair to DCEU movies. Now, one of the movies you don't like is getting roasted and you're suggesting the same thing.

Sounds like you're accusing me of being some kind of Anti-DCEU Crusader, I think you got the wrong impression about me.

No Caption Provided

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@bluehope said:

56%? Seriously??

C'mon stop lying lol

Sounds like you're accusing me of being some kind of Anti-DCEU Crusader, I think you got the wrong impression about me.

No Caption Provided

Uh....what does that prove? I'm clearly talking about the controversial DCEU movies. It makes no sense within the context of this discussion to bring up Wonder Woman.

The movie is mediocre af but there were no threads or accusations being made about fake accounts/conspiracies and blah blah. You know exactly what movies i'm talking about lol

You don't even have to admit it. This site isn't as big as it once was. It's easy to associate usernames with certain types of threads or posting dispositions. You scoff(ed) at users who suggested that critics/audiences had agendas against BvS/MoS. Now, when it comes to Star Wars you're suggesting the same thing. It's just funny lol

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh....what does that prove? I'm clearly talking about the controversial DCEU movies. It makes no sense within the context of this discussion to bring up Wonder Woman.

The movie is mediocre af but there were no threads or accusations being made about fake accounts/conspiracies and blah blah. You know exactly what movies i'm talking about lol

You don't even have to admit it. This site isn't as big as it once was. It's easy to associate usernames with certain types of threads or posting dispositions. You scoff(ed) at users who suggested that critics/audiences had agendas against BvS/MoS. Now, when it comes to Star Wars you're suggesting the same thing. It's just funny lol

So you don't mean DC or DCEU movies, you mean Zack Snyder movies.

There is a difference beetwen an audience score where dozens to hundreds of thousands of anonymous users getting spammed by bots(happens all the time) and implying that most critics are biased against some especific director without any clear reason at all

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Last Jedi is better than Force Awakens by a huge margin

NakedSnek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Oh I don't think it was ever going to match the Force Awakens opening weekend. For the most part I don't think the audience reception necessarily has a massive factor on the opening weekend. Audience reception more effects the long term legs of a film. I think the opening weekend is more based on the anticipation that a film has. The Last Jedi was never going to match The Force Awakens in terms of anticipation. The Force Awakens was the first Star Wars film in forever and it was the return of the original cast.

ANH 1,554,475

ESB 4,910,483

Or

TPM 64,820,970

AotC 80,027,814

These are opening weekends of the first and second films of the OT and Prequels. Yet the Second Film ALWAYS made more by a large amount. Not this time.

So much for that theory of second film always will do worst. Did not apply to the OT or Prequels :/ Maybe the word of mouth of TLJ and TFA was simply bad films that turn people off. Either way, its not good and no one seem to support it. Unlike TPM to AotC or ANH to ESB openeing weekends.

Money Spent > Scores on Websites in general.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#115 frozen  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: TLJ had the second largest opening of all time. There's no bad way to spin that.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I didn't know that the second star wars films opened higher or the exact circumstances as to why they did. I do know that I have been reading articles and box office forums for several months and almost everyone has been 100% certain that no matter how good it was TLJ had no shot at matching TFA opening weekend. It's simply too high and there never was going to be enough hype to get it there.

I'm sorry but how can the word of mouth be bad on films that both have 90%+ critic scores and A Cinemascores? Word of mouth is great there simply wasn't enough going for TLJ like there was for TFA.

Again I'm not saying that The Last Jedi is good I'm simply saying that the audience think its good based off of what they have said when they came out of the theater. Do you have any reasoning for why the audience would lie and say that the movie is good if they dislike it?

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen a couple people call it the worst Star Wars ever. I think these are people who bought into the "best Star Wars since Empire" hype and people who have been reading endless fan theories and expecting certain answers for the past two years. The Rotten Tomatoes audience score seems to be a lot of 1 votes dragging down the score but that's just my guess.

To be clear, this is far from the worst Star Wars ever. It's too long, there is at least one cringey moment and one unnecessary subplot but otherwise it's very well made. The final act is great IMO. You get answers, they may not be what you hoped, but they are there. To me, it's on par with Force Awakens and I'd have to see it again to decide which one I prefer. I'd put it behind Empire and a New Hope, on the same tier as Force Awakens and Rogue One, better than ROTS and ROTJ and miles and miles above AOTC and PM.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly I see people on extreme ends of the spectrum between love and hate here and I don't get either. The movie was mostly meh. Some are calling it the most compelling of the saga. The plot was dumb, the characters were stupid, most of them, the answers underwhelming and I felt like I was rewatching Empire or RotJ at times. I did, mostly, enjoy Luke, Rey and Kylo but an okay third of a movie with two thirds bad parts is at best a meh movie.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

There is a difference beetwen an audience score where dozens to hundreds of thousands of anonymous users getting spammed by bots(happens all the time) and implying that most critics are biased against some especific director without any clear reason at all

Nah...I meant DCEU movies...since Zack Snyder directed two of them lol

That's a hypocritical stance. It was literally proven that BvS had twitter bots and RT bots affecting it's marketing and score. You don't think that applies, however, because you didn't like BvS?? You think it all comes down to fanboys being delusional about critics having a bias against Snyder, when over half of comicvine is scratching it's head over how the critics could possibly give TLJ it's ratings when the audience differs by roughly 40%....you don't think there's maybe some truth to bots/haters/critic leanings?? Or do these things only apply when it comes to movies you like??

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a brilliant movie. It had the best cinematography and art direction of any Star Wars movie ever made. They took many risky routes which i love, i don't want 2017 movie full of 1970's cliches just because it's based on that movie.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Nah...I meant DCEU movies...since Zack Snyder directed two of them lol

That's a hypocritical stance. It was literally proven that BvS had twitter bots and RT bots affecting it's marketing and score. You don't think that applies, however, because you didn't like BvS?? You think it all comes down to fanboys being delusional about critics having a bias against Snyder, when over half of comicvine is scratching it's head over how the critics could possibly give TLJ it's ratings when the audience differs by roughly 40%....you don't think there's maybe some truth to bots/haters/critic leanings?? Or do these things only apply when it comes to movies you like??

Again Audience and critics are different things, point the comment where I said that was absurd for thinking that the audience score from Zack Snyder movies were manipulated, and even so his audience score is a little high when compared to the critc concensus

MoS and BvS had a positive audience score after all

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By buttersdaman000

@bluehope said:

Again Audience and critics are different things, point the comment where I said that was absurd for thinking that the audience score from Zack Snyder movies were manipulated, and even so his audience score is a little high when compared to the critc concensus

Uh huh lol

Your hypocrisy just goes right over your head lol

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

Uh huh lol

You keep saying hypocrisy but I'm not sure if you know what this word means.You keep throwing empty accusations at me without any evidence.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from a few scenes that I liked, largely for superficial reasons (Holdo's kamikaze, Rey and Kylo's lightsaber fight vs Snoke's guards) the movie sucked.

If someone had told you Luke Skywalker would drink milk from an alien tit prior to the movie coming out, what you would have said?

There were some beautifully done scenes, like the lightspeed kamikaze and Luke vs Kylo Ren. Still not enough to make up for the incredibly disjointed first half and incredibly disappointing second half

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam nails why Last Jedi is broken and not that good.

Loading Video...

LOL funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@bluehope said:

Uh huh lol

You keep saying hypocrisy but I'm not sure if you know what this word means.You keep throwing empty accusations at me without any evidence.

You gave me evidence with what you said. You obviously don't understand why you're a hypocrite in this situation so i'll break it down.

With BvS/MoS, you think the critic/audience scores reflect the quality of the movie even though twitter/RT bots were confirmed to have flooded the sites with bad reviews and scores. You think it's impossible that maybe critics have an inclination to judge the movies harder than others since the the movies don't meet expectations and the atmosphere around them is generally controversial.

On the flip side, since you like Star Wars, you think the the low audience score must be some type of error even though the web is flooded with negative/disappointed reviews. You think the critic score is the better reflection of the movie, without even considering that maybe critics are people too, or might not want to stir the hornets nest with Disney and lose some perks. Why not give a move that everybody is bound to love a great review? It's not like anybody will question it....oh wait the movie sucked. That leads to the huge gap between the audience and critics. But, again, to you, the audience is wrong in this case because you like the movie.

See, that's hypocritical.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know why people treat their word like gods

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

You gave me evidence with what you said. You obviously don't understand why you're a hypocrite in this situation so i'll break it down.

With BvS/MoS, you think the critic/audience scores reflect the quality of the movie even though twitter/RT bots were confirmed to have flooded the sites with bad reviews and scores. You think it's impossible that maybe critics have an inclination to judge the movies harder than others since the the movies don't meet expectations and the atmosphere around them is generally controversial.

On the flip side, since you like Star Wars, you think the the low audience score must be some type of error even though the web is flooded with negative/disappointed reviews. You think the critic score is the better reflection of the movie, without even considering that maybe critics are people too, or might not want to stir the hornets nest with Disney and lose some perks. Why not give a move that everybody is bound to love a great review? It's not like anybody will question it....oh wait the movie sucked. That leads to the huge gap between the audience and critics. But, again, to you, the audience is wrong in this case because you like the movie.

See, that's hypocritical.

You see, the problem with your comment is that first I never roasted anyone for thinking that an audience score could be manipulated by bots, so even if I "roasted"anyone for thinking that critics are biased then it still wouldn't be hypocrital because those are 2 different situations but you didn't even found any comment where I was doing even that

second I don't like star wars seguels

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't get why some people called it the worst Star Wars ever...does anyone even remember AOTC?? TLJ is a solid film imo

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This past weekend I finally gave up on Star Wars. Tired of forcing myself to try and like the past five movies based on my love for the original three. I'm sad, but in a way it is freeing to no longer care and move on to watching movies I enjoy.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't get why some people called it the worst Star Wars ever...does anyone even remember AOTC?? TLJ is a solid film imo

If you like the OT you will hate TLJ, if you are a disney fan and new to Star Wars you don't care and love it. It's that simple TLJ was made to kill off the old franchise and insert THIER new more mallable characters into it.

Avatar image for ppslytherin1994
ppslytherin1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It thrills my heart to see the audience score of this piece of crap drop down to 55% on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone has spoken. The Last Jedi was crap and Di$ney has destroyed Star Wars.

Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#139 JediXMan  Moderator
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, infinite amounts of salt and butthurt. Can’t wait for episode 9 so these whining fans can all get the coup de gras they deserve.

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By dark_globe

it deserves all the criticism it can get , i´m a die hard fan of SW universe (i like the OT as well as prequels and i kinda like RO as well)
but this was too much to handle: hands down the worst SW movie ever .

i wanted to really like TLJ a lot ... after disappointing TFA i was hopping this movie will redeem it a bit
and tie things together and explain why certain things in TFA were made/portrayed in "this or that way" .

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Ah, infinite amounts of salt and butthurt. Can’t wait for episode 9 so these whining fans can all get the coup de gras they deserve.

On multiple threads you seem to have a hard time accepting that a lot of fans simply dislike Disney's new take. They have ruined SW for many fans with this new film.

The Last Jedi looks like Star Wars. It sounds like Star Wars. But ultimately, it does not feel like Star Wars. Audiences have taken a dump on this film with that 55% audience score for good reason. Some die-hard fans hated on Force Awakens for rehashing A New Hope but that didn't stop its 89% audience score, nor Rogue One's 87% score.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But let’s not act like there werent also millions who loved it also. The fact that these so called true Star Wars fans have actually tried to petition Disney in making this film non canon only proves my point further. How much of a pathetic person do you have to be to pull that bs? These people need to get a life and quit cosplaying like it’s their job. It’s a friggin movie get the hell over it. Let’s see how much money this one makes when it’s all said and done. Pretty sure they’ll continue with episode 9.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@frozen: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But let’s not act like there werent also millions who loved it also. The fact that these so called true Star Wars fans have actually tried to petition Disney in making this film non canon only proves my point further. How much of a pathetic person do you have to be to pull that bs? These people need to get a life and quit cosplaying like it’s their job. It’s a friggin movie get the hell over it. Let’s see how much money this one makes when it’s all said and done. Pretty sure they’ll continue with episode 9.

Actually petitioning the film's canon is absurd, yes. The better and more realistic thing to do is to just pretend that the film doesn't exist (not for battles obviously, but head-canon). Same way a lot of people just pretend Spider-Man 3 never happened. As a fan of the original trilogy, I just pretend that the sequel trilogy didn't happen when I watch the originals. Aside from the structural flaws, I could write a few paragraphs on why this film takes a dump on the storyline of the first 3 masterpieces.

Obviously this film will be a massive box office success, I haven't allowed my dislike of the film to blind me with that. It has had the 2nd largest opening weekend ever, it'll probably do better than Infinity War tbh. And yes, Episode 9 will continue the story (who else has disputed that though?).

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think it's because a lot of "fans" (including myself) disliked how misused Finn, Poe, Phasma and everyone not named Rey were.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: You and I both know that most of these people whining will be the first ones in line when episode 9 comes out. I’m looking forward to it. I love Star Wars be it good or bad film I love them all. So I’m interested to see where this goes. It doesn’t matter to me others didn’t love it. There isn’t a movie made without its share of detractors this one obviously has a lot of true fans split. But at the end of the day it’s only a movie nothing to cry about. You don’t like what they are doing with Star Wars then don’t see the next one. Put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise don’t whine. Ps that’s not directed at you personally just the people who are whining but know very well they are going to see episode 9 and most likely will own episode 8 when it comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I've actually seen people say AOTC was better.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By dark_globe

@xwraith said:
@incursion2 said:

I've actually seen people say AOTC was better.

AOTC was actually better than this s..t because we at the very least got to see a proper lightsaber battle in the end + fighting in the arena and sand people scene ...