Man of Steel is the standard everyone compares to.

• 55 results
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kgb725 said:

@superadam: Lol ok they've been beating DC for awhile now

Past tense. Age of Ultron is the beginning of the end for Marvel. They've gotten too big. They've lost touch with their fanbase. Its over for them. Reminds me a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog, for some reason.

i really hope this isnt true but i cant deny AoU was a let down.

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@roth said:

haha Wow. Like I said, I lean DC, but dude, some folks are just ARDENT about what they need to like in this thread! I loved the 8-bit NES, but on the other hand, the Sega Genesis was the system for me in the 16-bit era. Doesn't anyone around here have different time periods where they find some company efforts more fond than other time periods?

Anyway, I LOVE Man of Steel! The action, the first 20 minutes devoted to Krypton, him humbling himself to the military, him feeling the need to kill Zod because Zod was going to kill others... It was a great ride!

He didn't seem very humble. He seemed pretty smug.

mmmmm.... yeah, maybe so, now that you mention it as smug. I think the point is still the same, though, that he gave himself up, which would be humbling for any of us. Maybe not so for him though, as you point out. It was a grand moment in the movie, though. He just basically said, "take me," and there aren't many folks that would give themselves to authorities willingly.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superadam said:
@kgb725 said:

@superadam: Lol ok they've been beating DC for awhile now

Past tense. Age of Ultron is the beginning of the end for Marvel. They've gotten too big. They've lost touch with their fanbase. Its over for them. Reminds me a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog, for some reason.

i really hope this isnt true but i cant deny AoU was a let down.

If you don't like the current trend of Marvel's comic books, with political correctness, pandering to political groups, change for the sake of change, etc, then you won't like the future of the MCU, because I guarantee all of the changes made in the comics will eventually make their way to the MCU. It really looks like the source of the changes (Such as Thordis or downplaying Mutants, if not outright getting rid of them) is Disney. They want to play politics with Marvel rather than entertain people. Disney is heavily involved in the MCU. So ALL the changes made at Marvel will make their way to the MCU, at some point.

In addition, people are getting tired of superheroes. I mean, we aren't inventing new heroes, we are adapting the same old heroes we've always used. So people will, sooner or later, get tired of superheroes, and move on to different movie genres. It looks like its already started to happen for Marvel.

This doesn't mean DC will automatically trump Marvel in movies. DC might face similar fatigue of the superhero genre. Also, DC still has to prove itself. But the reaction to the Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman has been nothing but positive, online.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By mickey-mouse

Ah more MOS threads. The never ending **** storm.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's one of the best comic book movies in existence.

...yeah. I said it.

:-)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@spambot said:

The fanboy is strong in you.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts