CCC #128: In Demigods We Trust

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrmonster
No Caption Provided

For this CCC, your task is to create a demigod, the child of a god and a human.

Only rule is that at least 1 character in your story must be the be the demigod offspring of a real god. Okay, not a literal real god, obviously, but a god who was actually believed in and worshipped at some point in human history. After that, you're free to make up whatever gods you want, but at least 1 character must be a child from an actual god.

• Your demigods/gods can be from any mythology; Greco-Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese, Celtic, Aztec, Incan, some type of Native American, or any other of your choosing.
  • Your story can be set in any place or time period. It can take place in Ancient Egypt at the dawn of civilization, or in modern day New York City, or anytime/place inbetween.
  • Don't feel you have to contain yourself to one pantheon. If you choose, you may set your story in a Percy Jackson/God of War type world where gods of various cultures exist, somehow. But you don't have to, choice is yours.

Stories due Saturday, January 14th, at noon (which is a half day longer than a normal CCC; my reason that a normal two weeks would have this end on a Friday the 13th, and we're not tempting fate like that , Orlando, Florida time.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wildvine or @owie: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 127 voting thread? Thank you kindly. :)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

Done

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By wildvine

Now this is an idea

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Coolio, will attempt to get to work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coolio, will attempt to get to work

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrmonster

Might edit this later, but here goes.

Private O’Sullivan: Hero of the North African Campaign

Year: 1942

I’ll never forget the day my mom told me the truth about my dad.

I had always noticed weird signs, like how sometimes the weather responded to my emotions; how once when I got angry I became strong enough to punch through a brick wall at school; how almost every dying plant I touched seemed to perk with life. But I never thought much of it; at least, until my mom told me the truth.

“Son, it’s time I told you the truth about your father.” She said.

We didn’t have much at the time; my mother was a poor Irish woman, she and her husband gave up everything to move to America, only for her husband to die in a factory accident. We may not have had much, but if nothing else, we always had each other.

But, unbeknownst to me until I was a man, there was something else who’d been secretly looking out there who met my mom shortly after her husband died; someone who’d been looking out for me my entire life.

_____

“COMPANY!” my company commander, Captain Jones shouted.

“PLATOON!” the platoon sergeants exclaimed.

“ATTENTION!” Captain Jones shouted.

And then, the one hundred and eight men in our platoon all stood at attention, eyes facing forward.

“Gentlemen, today is the day we force the Axis out of Africa.” Captain Jones opened. “There will be a series of American & British coordinated attacks to take out the remaining Italian bases in Libya. From there, Tripoli will be ours to capture, and the North African campaign will be over.”

“Our company has been ordered to take out General Giordano’s camp.” He continued. “But be warned, we received an intelligence telegram last night that says one of the General’s men is a demigod. We don’t know who he is, or what god he may be the son of, so we have to be ready for anything. On the command of fallout, fallout and resume your daily duties. FALLOUT!”

____

That morning, I prayed to my father. There’s very little privacy on military bases, but if I looked hard enough, I could always find a quiet spot to talk to him.

“Hello, my son.” The Dagda, Celtic god of the Earth, told me.

“Hi Dad.” I replied.

My dad had been looking out for me, my mom, for quite some time. These days, he mostly just hopped around to cities around the world where Irish immigrants were struggling, but he kept a special watch on my mom and I.

“I sense something worries you.” He replied.

“Tomorrow, we’re going to battle.” I said. “There's a rumor that someone in the Italian base we’re attacking may be a demigod.”

“Oh, yes.” The Dagda told me. “This war has created a fierce schism among the gods; we Celtic gods used to get along well with the Roman gods, but most of them are supporting Mussolini.”

“Father, can you help us tomorrow?” I asked.

“Son, you know the rules.” He said. “I can’t help directly, none of the gods can. I can only help indirectly. “

“Such as giving you a gift.” He said as he extended his hand. He handed me a coin with a Celtic rune on it.

“If you’re feeling hopeless, throw it on the ground.” He said before disappearing.

____

Moments after, I ran into my platoon sergeant.

“Private O’Sullivan, a word.” He said.

“Yes, Sergeant Willis.” I said.

“Tomorrow, we need you more than ever.” He said.

“Yeah, of course, we need everyone…”

“Don’t play dumb with me.” He said. “I know your secret, I’ve seen him before when you thought you were hidden. I don’t know who your dad is, but I know he’s a god.”

I had tried to keep my demigod side hidden. Demigods were often sent on the most dangerous missions.

“Kid, I understand that you’re worried. That’s why I haven’t told anyone else. But if the rumors are true, we may need you tomorrow. Understood?”

“Yes, sergeant.” I said.

____

We took the Italians by surprise. Our fighter planes hit them from above; then, our tanks rolled in, damaging their remaining defenses. The Italians hurried to get their tanks out to match us, but it was too little too late. Then, it was time for the infantry to enter the camp.

We ran in, and started shooting the enemy everywhere we saw them. It looked like we were winning; but that was when the lightning bolts started raining down from the sky.

The General came out and shouted "WELCOME, I HAVE A GIFT FROM MY FATHER, JUPITER!" before more lightning struck our forces. It turned out that he didn’t have a demigod in his ranks, he was the demigod.

It was hopeless. If he was a son of a lesser god, we might have been able to stop him, but there was nothing we could do against a son of Jupiter. Well, there was nothing they could do.

I threw my coin on the ground. It broke, but in its place, it transformed into a mace.

I summoned all my courage, and charged towards the General. At one point, he blasted me with lightning; if I were mortal, it would have killed me. But thanks to my powers, it stopped at just being painful.

He tried to stop me, but I reached him, and hit him right across the face with my new mace.

He was sent flying backwards, but he then stood up and started chuckling. “That was very good; now let me return the favor.”

He then dashed towards me; he cleared about fifteen feet in just a second or two. Then, he picked me up by my throat.

“What is the problem, little boy?” He asked. “Did your father never train you? Did he not mold you into a warrior, like my father did to me?”

He then called upon a lightning strike that made all his others look weak by comparison; afterwards, I could barely move, and had a hard time even staying conscious.

“Time to die, little runt.” He said before raising me into the sky, effectively making me a human lightning rod.

Sergeant Willis then started firing with a handgun. The bullets weren’t strong enough to kill the General (or even break through his near impenetrable skin), but they were powerful enough to knock him down. He dropped me, and I rolled away.

The General then blasted Sergeant Willis with another bolt of lightning; my platoon sergeant was dead before I even had the chance to thank him for saving my life. But I couldn’t waste time mourning him; not with the General right in front of me.

For a moment, for just a moment, he appeared to forget about me as he made sure Sergeant Willis was dead. That moment was all I needed; I picked up my mace, and slammed it into the back of his head as hard as I could.

“AHH!” He shouted in pain after the tip of my mace collided with his skull. After that, he was stumbling, desperately trying not to fall unconscious. From there, all it took was one more powerful strike for me to send his head flying off.

_____

The battle was over soon after. Without their General there to rain lightning on us, the remaining Italians surrendered.

While we were cleaning up the bodies, including that of Sergeant Willis, Captain Jones came up to me and said “Son, you saved us all today. We’re very thankful.”

“I’m sure any of us would’ve done it.” I said. “Just look at Sergeant Willis.”

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us.” He said. “The official report will be that a tank blast killed the General, nothing more.”

“Thank you.” He said.

“Besides, I just radioed my liaison to the British Army; Tripoli has been captured, so it looks like we may be able to breath a short sigh of relief; we may have earned ourselves a much needed bit of relief.”

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile at the Royal Academy...

Principal Nous Semler looked at the email that pinged to the top of list on his whiteberry device and sighed as he skimmed over the details. “Another janitor gone, dammit!”

He adjusted his official lavender robes as he stood on the steps of The Royal Academy awaiting the new intake of students from across the everywhere. Hundreds of years ago, or possibly minutes as time at times was meaningless here, because of where the school had been built, which was on an ancient nexus point above a hell-portal near a rip in the dimensional fabric. Anything/one/body could come here and get a first-class education to suit their needs.

No Caption Provided

The air seemed to burp as two men walked out of nothing and up the stairs. One was a young man; slender, skin like polished dark wood, movie star looks while the other one seemingly blipped between being Taika Waititi and Temuera Morrison.

“Welcome to the Royal Academy!” Semler proclaimed. “You must be, and please forgive my pronunciation Tūmatauenga.”

“Not bad bro,” said Taika as he flattened out his mustache. “See…” He elbowed the boy in the arm playfully. “Can’t be all that bad here, eh? This is Derek, my boy.”

Principal Semler bowed slightly at the young man who was an emotionless wall. “Welcome, Derek.”

“Whatever…”

“You watch your tone!” Temuera snapped pointing a finger near the boy’s eye.

“No need for that, Tūmatauenga, it’s a perfectly normal reaction.”

“Must be his human side being all stubborn,” Tūmatauenga said now in the guise of Russel Crowe.

No Caption Provided

“Can you go now?” Derek snapped causing Russell to morph into Flight of the Conchords member Brett McKenzie.

“Alright, chill! You’re to learn God stuff okay. No human nonsense, okay. I’m looking at you.”

Principal Semler smiled. “We will do our best. Good hunting!”

Tūmatauenga slammed a meaty fist into his pectoral as he was now in the form of former All Black Jonah Lomu. “Good hunting!”

Derek and Principal Semler watched as the big man ran down the stairs barreling over several people coming up before vanishing in a burst of light.

“Sorry about that,” Derek said softly

No Caption Provided

“It’s alright, family can often be embarrassing,” Semler said as he watched himself greet other parents and children as they came up the stairs. One of the perks of being Principal of the Royal Academy was physical omnipresence.

“What would you like to learn, Derek?”

The young man shrugged. “Dunno.”

“Well, we have hundreds of courses, no need to rush, but let’s get you a guide to orient you around campus.” Semler clicked his fingers and fish in a cube of yellowish water appeared.

“Hello Principal Semler. Hello Derek. How can I help?”

“Derek, this is Fucube..”

“Fuc…”

“Close,” Semler cut him off quickly. “Fucube. He’ll show you around. Fucube, please take Derek around the grounds the show him to the Demi God Dorm, room 6174.”

“Orbly Dorbly!” bubbled Fucube and Principal Semler wafted off to greet some new students and parents some needing a hand up from the charging NZ winger. Derek looked around and groaned audibly. It was bad enough that his deadbeat dad was back in his life, but now he was at a school for other similar kids even though he was nineteen and should be out doing things other than school. He felt the phone in his pocket and contemplated ringing his mother, but she did make him promise that he’d at least try his dad’s way.

“Okay Fishbowl, show me round.”

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh the Māori Pantheon, pretty cool.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@sundown89: Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian have been done. Time to try something new

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck guys, and good writing!

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrmonster

No Caption Provided

Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian have been done. Time to try something new

Maui would be proud.

Loading Video...

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've got a little over 2.5 days guys. Still plenty of time, but be wary that the clock is ticking.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twilight of the Gods

New Radosha, Valkinstina

What was left of the old communist architecture that had made up the worker housing around the old tractor factory had been flattened by a continuous bombardment. Both sides, the faltering Radoshan Governmental forces, the last bastion of communism in Europe, and the fascist Ultranationalists, had bombarded the territory, the war fifty days old, and already a bloody stalemate of artillery strikes and street fighting. The great human powers; NATO, China even Russia didn’t care, none of them wanted to get involved in a fight between two despotic ideologies over a piece of land that only was 22km² in area.

But Nocturne, the shadowy cartel had, and because Nocturne had entered Valkinstina, fleeing divine retribution for their slaying of Athena, slain the heads of both factions taking control of both of them, and was now literally carrying out a war against itself, the gods had also taken notice.

Fifty days into the fighting and, as he ran from the tractor factory to the largely intact cement works building, Guillermo, son of the Etruscan goddess Vanth was nearing his breaking point, the crack of a sniper rifle sounding in the distance and speeding his retreat. Scrambling up the cement flue, a second shot rang out, this one ricocheting off the metal structure he was running up. Reaching reasonable cover, Guillermo unshouldered the metal compound bow slung over his back and poked the scope out past the cover, only for a third shot to send him back behind the metal shielding.

In that second he’d sighted his target, a man wearing the grey and brown camouflage of the Radoshan 22nd Scout Sniper Corps lying prone under a collapsed piece of masonry. Removing an arrow from his leg quiver Guillermo notched the projectile and poked his bow out just enough to release an arrow. Seconds later the sniper fired his last shot sending Guillermo tumbling backwards off the cement flue and down to the ground below, the arrow stabbing through his eye, killing him instantly.

“One in a sea of thousands.” Guillermo whispered as he struggled to his feet. His mother was a psychopomp, and while he knew not where death led, Guillermo could feel every death he was involved in; be it as the killer or simply a bystander. Hobbling into the cement works, and then into the bathroom Guillermo collapsed in-front one of the smashed sinks and broken mirrors, the silvered glass reflecting images of a man dressed in a black combat suit, long curly brown hair and hazel eyes looking back at him, and old scar slashed across his right cheek. Removing his quiver of arrows, Guillermo went to count his remains ammunition when he heard movement outside. Placing the quiver down he removed a combat knife and got to his feet, ready to strike.

“Orichalcum.” A female voice called from outside the bathroom.

“Critias.” Guillermo replied sheathing his knife, and slumping back down. Seconds later a tall dark skinned woman with cropped red hair dressed in beige combat trousers and jacket walked in, a pump action shotgun in her hand. “I didn’t think you were going to make it Tenza.” He groaned as the woman walked over and sat down next to him, placing the shotgun on the floor.

“Me?” Tenza asked with a forced half smile. “I’m the grand daughter of Atlas…”

“…Titan of Endurance, yeah I know.” Guillermo finished, his cut off forcing a dry chuckle out of Tenza, one he reciprocated. “How did it look in the ‘Projects’?” He asked as Tenza pulled up one of her sleeves to reveal a series of deep cuts.

“The Ultranationalists have started hanging civilians on the perimeter of their territory.” Tenza answered as Guillermo picked up one of his arrows and stabbed it into the wound, digging out a piece of metal.

“I see.” Guillermo sighed as he caught brief flashes of the civilians death at the end of a rope, the black and red clad Ultranationalist troops rigging the bodies with proximity charges and stringing the corpse up over a door. He then saw the door open and snap the cord, dropping the corpse on Tenza as she stepped inside.

“I know you do; I wish you didn’t have to.” Tenza replied softly. “Did you find anything up at Parliament Square?”

“New written decree for the Proletariat, all citizens over the age of five are to submit to voluntary conscription into the 192nd Shock Army.” Guillermo answered as he slipped the arrow back into the quiver. “Specifically for service into anti-armour brigades.”

“But the Ultranationalists have armour from the beginning of the cold war that barely functions, we’ve even seen them use Panzer IVs from the Second World War, literal glass cannons compared to modern rocket launchers,” Tenza stated as she rolled her sleeve down and pulled a hip flask from off her belt, “why would…Oh they are for us.”

“Kind of quashes that whole Nocture is dead theory, Elsie came up with before he made a break for it.” Guillermo told her, even as he got flashes of a figure pinned under a collapsed section of sewer. “As head strong as she was, I still wish we could have found her, she was slipping in and out of the river between life and death for days. Still if Nocturne is alive, out plan is the same, work our way up through the hierarchies until we find someone who can tell us where Nocturne is and what they are up to.”

“I’d just settle for the locations of their two enforcers; you know Galetea and Tyto know exactly where Nocturne is set up.” Tenza stated as she handed Guillermo her flask, his hand shaking as he took the flask and took a drink, water dripping from the ceiling as he saw flashes of his best friend and blood sister Kira, the daughter of Vegoia, the nymph of lightning, running towards him pursued by a wheel of steel and ceramic.

“I mean I know Galatea is literally hardwired not to turn…” Tenza continued as the wheel unbacked into a hatchet faced humanoid that towered over Kira, its four glowing red eyes locked onto her as a small dish sprung from its right arm, sonic waves washing over its prey. Almost immediately Kira fell to the floor screaming, her eyes, ears and mouth smoking as the blood inside her body was vapourised. As Kira fell to the floor spasming in pain, the metal figure coiled back into a wheel and rolled over her, bones shattering in its wake as it continued its pursuit.

“…and Tyto, uh he’ll be tough since he grew up in an eye removing cult in Colorado,” She stated as Guillermo watched the man in a black combat suit, red puldrons on his shoulders dart down the stairs just as Galatea reached the top and unpacked. While not as personal as Kira’s death, Toru, the leader of this expedition and son of Amaterasu, had been a tough but fair leader…one who hadn’t a mistake until…

Reaching the bottom of the stairs Toru was tackled from above by a figure dressed in a white combat suit complete with gas mask shaped like an owl’s skull. Despite struggling the attack was brutal as the figure in white stabbed the obsidian knife in its hand into Toru’s eyes over and over, the Shinto demi-god already bleeding out by the time Galatea reached the bottom of the stairs.

“Tenza maybe…change the…subject” Guillermo grunted as he held his head in pain.

“I still think Thena could have hacked Galatea.” Tenza grumbled, her words causing one last set of images to enter Guillermo’s head, these one’s clearer than the rest, the bullets from the defenders around the mortar pit sounding so real that he flinched when they started flying.

Looking towards the door, Guillermo saw Thena Θ, one of Athena’s clones, long since splintered off to compartmentalise the knowledge the goddess had accumulated, taking cover behind a concrete wall, the SMG she was armed with on the floor as she cried, her head in her hands.

“Thena!” Guillermo yelled as he edged towards her, only for the mortar teams to finally zero on their location, the shell arching past the barricade and detonating only thirty meters away.

“I’m the reason we’re failing, it’s all my fault.” Thena Θ said through sobs as she reached for the sidearm holstered on her belt, put the gun to her head and pulled the trigger, blood staining her blonde hair. Screaming Guillermo started to spasm in the bathroom, his body thrashing as Tenza placed her hand on his head, silver lightning coursing through his body, eventually rendering it still. As he stopped moving, she broke down in tears, her endurance spent to fortify her last companion, his psyche weighing the deaths of the eight fallen members of the demi-god squad sent into New Radosha.

“Thena, she figured it out, she knows who Nocturne is, and what she is doing here?” Guillermo groaned as he sat up. “Thank you I wish you didn’t have to…”

“You said she.” Tenza interrupted. “Who is responsible for this little piece of Tarterus on earth?”

“She split off all her wisdom until nothing was left, nothing but war.” Guillermo told her as the cogs clicked into place.

“Athena, oh by Echidna’s womb…the headaches Thena was having, the reason Tyto and Galatea knew where we’d be, what we were armed with, Thena did the planning and Nocturne could access that since it’s her knowledge to begin with.” Tenza gasped as both she and Guillermo got to their feet.

“Yeah, I’d let the Divine Council know but Nocturne stopped that avenue of support within hours of us arriving in Valkinstina.” Guillermo stated as he strapped the leg quiver of bolts on. “We have only have one course of action.”

“I agree but you know what the punishment will be.” Tenza gulped as she sent silver lightning run over her arm, the skin where she’d been cut thickening ready for battle.

“If the Gods want vengeance on us for killing a mad dog, then let this by the twilight of the demigods.” Guillermo snarled as the rumble of heavy armour approaching the cement works sounded. “Now let’s finish what Nocturne started and kill Athena.”

References and Provenance

Guillermo and Kira

Guillermo and Kira are both descendants from mythical beings Vanth and Vegoia from Etruscan Mythology. Being from the same Pantheon, particularly the parts that were not homogenised with the Hellenic and Latin Pantheons would potentially bring them together. I imagine they both volunteered for the mission to hunt down Nocturne for the slaying of Athena, partially to prove their worth and to keep each other safe.

Tenza, granddaughter of Atlas

Atlas was punished for siding with Kronos against Zeus and the gods, and was tasked with keeping Oranus and Gaia apart so they couldn’t spawn anymore monstrous offspring. Atlas’s own children included the Pleiades and the Hesperides, with the former featuring the likely birth mother of Tenza. While the nationalities of the others (bar Toru) is unknown, Tenza is Moroccan, and was born on the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.

Elsie’s Death

Elsie briefly appears in a psychopomp memory drowning in a collapsed sewer as she tried to escape. While her parentage is not mentioned she is likely either descended for a Gaelic, Breton or Celtic deity dure to her name. Her death was meant to be lingering to further push home how much Guillermo is struggling as she buoyed in the river between life and death.

What in Tartarus is Galatea

Hellenic mythology features a lot of automatons and machine monsters in its annuals. While the original Galatea was an artificial woman, and not a monster the one featured here certainly is. While the whole story pays homage to Dark Horse Comic’s Republic 55-58 with a war of attrition reducing the young hero’s ranks, Galatea is incredibly similar to the A-Series Assassin Droid introduced in that arc (and then never appeared again). I strongly suspect Nocturne had someone build her (and then had Galatea kill them).

Tyto and the Last Nightmare

Fans of the Patronverse may have noticed the sneaky reference to the Patron Saint of Crime ‘The Last Nightmare’. In that tale Siwang, the Patron Saint of Crime fights against the Priest of Mictlantecuhtli, who was running an eye removing cult in Cameo, Colorado. Tyto’s upringing references thus (although this is not set in the Patronverse) and his parentage almost certainly features Mictlantecuhtli at some point. To hammer home the connection, Tyto’s name is shared with the genus name for the barn owl (Tyto alba) an animal long connected with bad omens and evil.

By Echidna’s Womb

Tenza states, ‘by Echidna’s Womb’ in surprise at Guillermo’s realization. Echidna is the mother of monster birthing such wonders as the Hydra, Chimera, Ladon and Cerberus among others. As you can imagine, her womb is likely a terrible horrible place, thus being acceptable as a curse in relation to dire things.

Virgin Athena and her ‘Children’

Athena is one of the three virgin goddesses in the Hellenic Pantheon, never bearing any children…well apart from Erichtonius, whose conception is far too graphic too describe here. Fortunately Thena Θ and the other clones were created using near modern technology to store the information increase that Athena would likely experience in the digital age. Each of these Thena’s is different, with them being of decreasing potential as they get closer to Thena Ω. At that point Athena was literally just war incarnate, no wisdom or compassion left becoming the unseen villain of the piece Nocturne.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cbishop

Heroes Tonight: The Calendar Girls Special

No Caption Provided

"Welcome back to Heroes Tonight," says the voice of Sawyer Picture. "This is The Calendar Girls Special! It's time for more of...

"The Calendar Girls Pop Quiz!"

Sawyer reads the questions as they appear on the screen for the viewer.

Question 6:

"Which Calendar Girl is daughter of the supervillain Doctor December? Is it:

No Caption Provided
  • "A) Miss January?
  • "B) Miss December? Or
  • "C) Miss June?"

There is five seconds of music as the three heroines' pictures shuffle next to the question, and then Sawyer says, "We know that Miss December seems like a no-brainer, but afraid not! If you guessed A) Miss January, then you are correct!"

The scene switches to Lotta Questionnés in another studio, she and Miss January both sitting in director chairs, facing each other. They are laughing about something said off-camera when the sound cuts in, and then Lotta says, "You've been called the Blue Beauty, the Ice Queen, and even the Winter Wonderwoman. Do you like the nicknames the public has given you?"

I didn't want to be in my father's shadow with that name.
I didn't want to be in my father's shadow with that name.

"Sure," Miss January says cooly. "Especially 'Blue Beauty,' you know?" she laughs. "I can't say it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, because what does? But yeah, I don't mind the nicknames at all." Then she leans towards the camera, pointing her finger, and says, "As long as they're nice!"

"I've got to ask the obvious question here," says Lotta. "How did you get to be Miss January rather than Miss December?"

January tilts her head to one side and back, and says, "Well, Mary Christmas is actually from the North Pole, so her being Miss December was just kind of a no-brainer. And I didn't want to be in my father's shadow with that name. So, we put our heads together with marketing, and decided, 'Hey, I'm his daughter, right? I came after him. What comes after December?' "

"January!" both the heroine and Lotta say simultaneously, making them laugh again.

"Of course!" says Lotta.

"Yeah," shrugs the Blue Beauty. "So, Misss January."

Question 7:

"Miss January isn't the only daughter of a supervillain on the team. This next Calendar Girl is so embarrassed of her father, she would rather say she's the daughter of Satan! Is it:

No Caption Provided
  • "A) Miss August?
  • "B) Miss November? Or
  • "C) Miss October?"

Another five seconds of music as the pictures shuffle next to the question, and Sawyer says, "If you chose C) Miss October, then you know that the Devilish Delight is daughter of the infamous Satan Khan."

The camera shifts back to the studio, with the red-skinned Miss October sitting across from Lotta. She says, "Would you want to tell people that your dad is a crazy terrorist trying to organize the world's monsters into an army? No, thanks."

"So, tell me about the trident," says Lotta. "Your press says it's your father's- meaning the devil's, according to the group's press release. Is it actually Satan Khan's? Is it a prop? Does it come from somewhere else?"

Holding the trident across her knees, October rolls it back and forth a little, and says, "I'd rather not say."

Question 8:

"Which of our Mighty Misses is the daughter of Victory 7 member the Star Spangled Witch? Is it:

No Caption Provided
  • "A) Miss March?
  • "B) Miss October? Or
  • "C) Miss May?

After the music and pictures, Sawyer says, "If you guessed B) Miss October again, then you have the spell for success! And yes, it's true: the heroine Star Spangled Witch was really married to Satan Khan! That should terrify anyone!"

Back with Lotta again, she asks, "What's it like to be a daughter of one of Victory 7?"

Miss October shrugs her left shoulder, "It's growing up on camera... it has it's ups and downs. On the plus side, mom could always magic up a pizza for us on movie night."

Question 9:

"Those aren't the only legacies on the team though! Which Calendar Girl is the great granddaughter of World War II icon Rosie the Riveter? Is it:

No Caption Provided
  • "A) Miss July?
  • "B) Miss September? Or
  • "C) Miss April?"

When the music and pictures finish, Sawyer says, "If you said B) Miss September, then you really know what you're saying!"

In the studio with Lotta, the reporter asks, "Is it true you're one of the top five smartest people on the planet?"

Miss September chuckles, and says, "Well, the PR guys tell me I am, but it's not something I really keep track of. I'm no Doctor Boom, but I'm up there, I suppose."

"What is your I.Q.?" asks Lotta.

"Pretty high," September says with a wink.

Question 10:

"If you think witches and supervillains are something, one of our Delightful Dozen is actually a demigod! Is it:

No Caption Provided
  • "A) Miss February?
  • "B) Miss December? Or
  • "C) Miss June?"

The music and pictures go by, and Sawyer says, "We hope you answered A) Miss February, because that's the answer we love! Miss February is daughter of none other than the Archer of Love himself, Cupid!"

Back in the studio, Miss February is sitting across from Sawyer. "Lotta has a bit of a crush on your dad."

February giggles. "Yeah, I think everybody knows that."

"That's why I'm here. Lotta said she wouldn't be able to resist asking you for his number."

The heroine reaches behind her belt with two fingers, and comes out with a folded piece of paper between them. "Well, I mean, I have it."

There's a squeal from off-camera, and the loud, stuttering clops of high heels running across the studio. Lotta rushes in, clamps both hands around the paper and the girl's fingers, and yells, "Oh, yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" She snatches the paper open, glances at it, and quickly hides it in her hands again. "You're beautiful!" she says to February. Then she jumps up-and-down in excitement, stomps excitedly, and runs off-camera again. The camera turns to follow her as she runs with her arm outstretched to the production crew. "My phone! Who has my phone?!" An intern holds it out, and she snatches it as she runs by, continuing right out the studio door, yelling, "Cupid! I'm coming, papi!"

The camera turns back to Sawyer and February, and with a good-natured grimace, the interviewer says, "We might have to apologize to your father."

"Apologize?" the girl balks. "Why do you think I had his number with me? He remembered her from the S-Corp. Superhero Charity Gala."

Sawyer's jaw dropped in overexaggerated surprise. "He did?!" He looks over his shoulder off-camera, and says, "Does Lotta have any leave saved up? She might need it."

There's laughter from off-camera.

Sorry, Sawyer. You wish.
Sorry, Sawyer. You wish.

Looking back to Miss February, he asks, "Are you as good as your dad with a bow?"

She gives a self assured smile, and says, "Well, you know. He taught me everything he knows, but he didn't teach me everything I know."

"So giving dad a run for his money then," laughs Sawyer.

"And then some," she confirms.

"I've heard you have a particularly peculiar power," says Sawyer, leaning closer.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" February returns, matching his lean.

"I've heard that if you kiss someone, they fall under your love spell," he says with anticipation.

"Is that what you've heard?" she says, flirting hard.

"Yeah, I've heard that," he says, flirting back.

"You want to find out?"

"Yeah, I do."

February leans forward a little more, only a couple feet from Sawyer's face, and beckons him forward with her finger.

He leans in, and when he's only inches away from kissing her, she puts her index finger on his lips, and says, "Sorry, Sawyer. You wish."

He leans back quickly in his director's chair, saying, "Ooooooo! Rejected!"

"Maybe off camera," she says, still playing with him.

"Oh, please don't tease!" Sawyer laughs, fanning himself. "I don't think my heart can take it! Whoo!"

No Caption Provided

The camera fades out on their shared laughter, and the scene switches to Sawyer behind the main studio desk. With music playing towards the commercial, he says, "When we come back! We talk to Doctor December himself, and find out what he thinks of his daughter being a superhero! Here, on Heroes Tonight!"

Notes

Returning OC's are Sawyer Picture, Lotta Questionnés, Heroes Tonight, Doctor Boom, and the S-Corp. Superhero Charity Gala.

Returning Open Source/Public Domain: Satan Khan; Cupid (Archer of Love).

New OC's (Open Source/Public Domain): Victory 7, Star Spangled Witch, The Calendar Girls (Mighty Misses; Delightful Dozen): Miss... January (Blue Beauty; Ice Queen; Winter Wonderwoman), February (and her bow), March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October (Devilish Delight) [and her trident], November, and December (Mary Christmas).

Other PD Stuff: North Pole, Satan, Rosie the Riveter.

The Heroes Tonight and "HT" logos were made in MS Paint, modeled after Entertainment Tonight.

The Calendar Girls and Doctor December pics were created by Corey Grant, who released the characters into the public domain (open sourced). All of the Open Source Characters used in this story were created by Corey Grant. They are public domain, and this story shows my OC versions of them. Cheers!

See you on the voting thread, peeps! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: If you want me to do the voting thread when it's time, just let me know. :)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cbishop

Whoops! Started working on the Voting Thread, but forgot to call time. We are 17 minutes past the deadline, and entries are closed! I'll have the Voting Thread up in a bit.