Who is the strongest character Superman can take a full-force punch from, without flinching?

• 156 results
TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DBS Krillin.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By RR79

@supermanforever said:
@masterskywalker said:
@rr79 said:

@masterskywalker: Goodbye, enjoy outright lying. I'd be ashamed if I had to resort to lying to try to win a debate. You aren't worth my time.

I hope you have a good day too. Yes, you should be ashamed of yourself for outright lying. And thats not very nice. I was getting a chuckle out of this 1/10 attempt.

the guy is always like that he cant argue anything and throws couple of bs statments then as it gets debunked. His response is "goodbye i dont argue with you cause you are ignorant". Its useless to debate with that guy

Maybe if you knew how to read you would know that I am not going to continue the argument with someone that can't even tell the truth in their posts. Then again, you are the one that tried to claim that a nuclear missile that had been decomissioned 24 years before BvS was used in BvS not knowing that a nuclear missile(even saying one was still around) that was decomissioned that long ago would be absolutely useless in 2016. Then called me an idiot for telling you it was decomissioned in 1992, so you are as bad, if not worse than he is. You don't like me, that is fine, don't tag me then.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest said:

@rr79: The majority of your claims are borderline ridiculous (a lot of cherry-picking and out of context scans). There are so many wrongs in your arguments, I don't even know where to begin. Likewise you seem to lack the ability to distinguish between a low end showing and a high end showing.

Which claim is ridiculous? The one saying that the OP asked for the characters most powerful hit? Or the one saying that Superman has done more than flinch many many many many times for far less powerful attacks? Because both of those are perfectly true statements. I have no problem distinguishing between low end showings and high end showings. This thread is asking specifically for the characters most powerful hit. Nothing was cherry picked, I could easily post at least 10 times the scans I posted of Superman doing more than flinching from less powerful attacks.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: That was some pretty bad low balling. The Aquaman Scan is Rebirth Superman before he was combined into his current form, and thus a significantly weaker version that current Superman.

There was no lowballing involved. The point of using various incarnations of Superman is to show that he has consistently flinched or more to much less powerful attacks than a planet busting strike.

Atlas’s only real feat is stomping Superman, so you can’t really use that to lowball.

Again, I'm not sure you know what lowballing is.

Batman has a massive amp and that was a cover on a real Scan.

Venom does NOT put you on a planet busting scale.

Doomsday is a powerhouse well above Hulk, who would fodderize Gladiator, also again that’s a cover.

I agree Doomsday is a powerhouse, but none of their punches in that battle were even city busting, much less planet busting.

Lex’s suit doesn’t really have any other feats apart from doing that to Superman, and Clark didn’t even take any damage, and the last two are non canon.

Lex's suit also fought those two that came from the future claiming Lex would be the next Darkseid. Again, consistently Superman has flinched or worse from far less than planet busting punches.

That was truly contextless garbage debating.

So doing what the OP asked is garbage debating? Arguing against what the OP asked must be truly horrendous debating then.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: oh I know. It's just amusing to see him backtrack, throw fallacies then concede then rinse repeat to try and scrape up the leftovers of his already faltering argument.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman: no he would flinch ben is in the martian manhunter level strength

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

Here he destroys a planet, which would easily rock Superman, and to say otherwise would just be ignorance on your part.

There he destroys a lifeless and almost dead planetoid in space, after several mid-tier repeated strikes. I know its hard to accept, but even his highest end punch is largely unimpressive in the long run.

I don't care whether you operate by consistency, in this thread you take their absolute best striking feat, to argue otherwise would just be for your sake and not in the parameters set by the OP of this thread.

And I don't care if your reading comprehension makes Ray Charles look good. I see you're like the other one, but I'll humor you. Even if we did use that best striking feat, you're telling me that a mid-tier would punch Superman so hard that he'd flinch? I don't buy it.

Yes they do exist, but in this thread they are useless since the OP specifically said

"It has to be their absolute strongest punch."

Correct, and his absolute strongest punch isn't that great.

Reply to this if you want, but no matter how hard you try and argue it won't make you right and it won't prove me wrong since the OP has set a very specific rule.

Well see, thats not how this works. If you're gonna act like the other guy and play the "haha i'm right ur wong xD" game it just shows some Google+ tier debating on your end. They use the same fallacies and spread misinformation devoid of context. I mean those guys up and copy arguments from Reddit or other sites and pass them off as their own.

Yes the OP's rule has been acknowledged and your post has been replied to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: oh I know. It's just amusing to see him backtrack, throw fallacies then concede then rinse repeat to try and scrape up the leftovers of his already faltering argument.

its usless anyway, the guy was crying about the nuke feat in bvs even though i explained that point blank range nuke yield size doesnt matter. Then i repeat myself about 50 posts and gave up.

He will be ignoring you even when you literaly post writers opinion.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darth_omega_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: I know who you're talking about,One (censored) Man.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_omega_47: Superman could, but I was thinking about a certain spikey haired anime hero. Keep in mind that I’m just joking around.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman has made supes flinch so someone less than aquaman

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan-: I'm pretty much done, but your comment isn't needed.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: that gladiator feat is an outlier and he hasn't been written at the same level so you can take comfort in that rather than trying to discredit a clear planet busting feat, the planet was also the biggest in the solar system and lol at them being mid tier punches, I guess no one in dc has high tier punches since they don't have any punches that come close, the best is supermans planet shaking feat which is severely overshadowed by glads feat

But like I said, don't get mad, glads hasn't been written at that level anymore

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos: Correction, it was a dead husk of a planetoid. And you may wanna rescind that statement because dozens of characters have better striking than Gladiator does.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DarkseidThanos

@masterskywalker: it was a planet, marvel clearly wanted to show glads planet busting and they did, show me superior striking to planet busting the biggest planet in a solar system from a dc character post crisis, won't even ask for new 52 or rebirth cause I know there arent any

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is not tanking a punch from Gladiator, Hyperion, or Blue Marvel without flinching.

I think he would be undamaged, but he's going to flinch.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos: What proof is there of it being the largest planet in the solar system? Thats a new one. And show you superior striking than a mid-tier smashing a dead planetoid? Ok. Well for starters theres Zolomon punching Diana across the planet which is better striking than Superman off the top of my head. Then theres a multitude of others, some of which aren't pure destructive capacity like Clark punching Diana from the Earth to the Sun.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: what proof? Did you not see the scan posted in this thread, we see that its the biggest one there lol

Zoom punched a Diana that doesn't have planetary durability feats to the next state and failed to ko her, how is that better than planet busting?

How is punching someone a certain distance compare to planet busting? That superman feat of punching would be comparable and better if Diana was punched and went straight through the planet rather than creating a building sized crater

I'm curious about the multitude of others cause you haven't shown a dc character showing superior punching to "mid tier punches"

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@masterskywalker: agreed, saying someone is wrong with no proof is blue sky conjecture.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos:

Zoom punched a Diana that doesn't have planetary durability feats to the next state and failed to ko her, how is that better than planet busting?

Its in character for Zoom to hold back against his opponents. He was testing her and could've defeated her at any given moment, I mean hes toyed with and stomped Superman and Wonder Woman before together not to mention Diana has personally felt how hard Clark punches several times before. Its not a destructive feat, but the striking puts anything Gladiator has done or is capable of to shame, especially when he didn't planet bust on top of it.

How is punching someone a certain distance compare to planet busting? That superman feat of punching would be comparable and better if Diana was punched and went straight through the planet rather than creating a building sized crater

He punched her from the sun to the Earth which one shot her. Thats about 90 million miles. Something hes never performed.

I'm curious about the multitude of others cause you haven't shown a dc character showing superior punching to "mid tier punches"

Well theres Clark and Doomsday creating earthquakes across the US before their resurrections for one which tops Doomsday. Theres Superman's fight against Konvict who was stomping the JLA in Trinity which was said to be able to destroy small planets. Theres Pied Piper destroying Apokolips, John Stewart destroying a planet.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: agreed, saying someone is wrong with no proof is blue sky conjecture.

Well the burden of proof falls on the person making the claim.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: martian manhunter only has like 1 feat that is beyond the thing that i know of and he had help from stronger people to do it.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DarkseidThanos

@masterskywalker: why does punching harder than superman make zooms punches more impressive than planet busting? You'll need to show me superman punches being superior to planet busting then, stomping Diana and supes and that holding back thing is really irrelevant cause we are talking about striking feats and that feat alone isn't superior to planet busting

Why is punching someone so far superior to "mid tier planet busting"?

Destroying small planets compared to destroying the biggest planet in a solar system?

I guess pied piper destroying apokolips is good even tho I don't recall it but I'll take your word for it and the John Stewart feat, so I guess superman, Diana and shazam all have "mid tier punches"

Even less since they haven't planet busted

I hope you see the fail in calling them mid tier now which was the whole point of this discussion

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By KrleAvenger

@comic_book_fan: If you are talking about that Brainiac Mothership feat, yes, he had help from Superman, but that is not a factor? New 52 Superman was never outright confirmed to be stronger than New 52 Martian Manhunter. And even 50% of it dwarfs everything Ben has done. J'onn has like a ton of other strength feats that are way above Ben's level. Saying he has just one is incorrect.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By comic_book_fan

@krleavenger: i was talking about the planet pull.

but lets see these tons of feats

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos:

why does punching harder than superman make zooms punches more impressive than planet busting? You'll need to show me superman punches being superior to planet busting then, stomping Diana and supes and that holding back thing is really irrelevant cause we are talking about striking feats and that feat alone isn't superior to planet busting

Why is punching someone so far superior to "mid tier planet busting"?

Destroying small planets compared to destroying the biggest planet in a solar system?

Why are you under the impression that Gladiator planet busted when thats been debunked here already? Gladiator cannot planet bust, period. All he can do is shatter dead planetoids with 3+ strikes and never perform that way again. You're comparing him to characters that operate on a consistent planetary scale (not planet busting) as opposed to someone with the striking power in the Teen Colossus range.

I guess pied piper destroying apokolips is good even tho I don't recall it but I'll take your word for it and the John Stewart feat, so I guess superman, Diana and shazam all have "mid tier punches"

Supes, Wondy and Billy aren't mid-tiers for one, so you would be wrong to lump them in that category,

Even less since they haven't planet busted

I hope you see the fail in calling them mid tier now which was the whole point of this discussion

So the point of the discussion was for you to to point out things that have already been talked about and debunked in the thread or are common sense to others here? Alright.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: the biggest planetoid in the solar system

Show me the 3 I mentioned doing something more impressive than "mid tier" planet busting, all you've done is take feats and try reach that they're better than smashing a planetoid bigger than all the other planets in the solar system, if you can't they're mid tier due to your scaling, not mine

Since when is smashing the biggest planet/planetoid in a solar system with 3 punches mid tier?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman has been written to be almost invulnerable to being able to be hurt by gorilla grod. he could possibly take a full punch from any high tier without flinching or none of them.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos:

the biggest planetoid in the solar system

Give me proof of this. Stop dodging the question.

Show me the 3 I mentioned doing something more impressive than "mid tier" planet busting, all you've done is take feats and try reach that they're better than smashing a planetoid bigger than all the other planets in the solar system, if you can't they're mid tier due to your scaling, not mine

Sure thing. John Stewart killing Mogo an actual planetary body.

No Caption Provided

Pied Piper destroying Apokolips which makes Earth look like a speck of dust.

No Caption Provided

Now, these are legitimate planet busting feats. All used on healthy and confirmed planets and in John's case he was inexperienced and using residue from dead Black Lanterns. Piper had the ALE when he destroyed Apokolips, but I think it just goes to show you have next to no idea about what you're going on about if you think no character in DC has ever planet busted or operates on a planetary range. And then place Gladiator at that range.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making people flinch in comics is not hard to do. Superman can flinch from a lot of things but there's a big difference between flinching or taking damage. If superman is just standing there even batman can lift him and throw him or move him with a punch, even though no damage would actually be done there. Weaker characters have made stronger ones move or flinch all the time in comics.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By DarkseidThanos

@masterskywalker: what do you mean you need proof of it being the biggest?? We can clearly see it in the scan, the scan is the proof..

I already took you word for it and I know the John Stewart scan, it wasn't striking which is what I asked for but lets move on from that

So no feats for superman and Diana and Billy having more impressive feats than mid tier busting the biggest planetoid/planet in a solar system, I guess by your scaling they're mid tier too or even below than that since they dont have planet busting feats lol

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RR79

@odin619360: Who are you talking about providing no proof? I provided several scans showing the proof and he chose to ignore it.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MasterSkywalker

@darkseidthanos:

what do you mean you need proof of it being the biggest?? We can clearly see it in the scan, the scan is the proof..

We see Gladiator approaching a planet with several others in the distance and a couple others when hes about to perform the feat of smashing the planetoid. Since you're the one claiming that its the biggest in an undefined solar system I want you to prove it. Otherwise claiming its just the largest is just a silly notion with no substantiated evidence. Surely this isn't hard right?

I already took you word for it and I know the John Stewart scan, it wasn't striking which is what I asked for but lets move on from that

So no feats for superman and Diana and Billy having more impressive feats than mid tier busting the biggest planetoid/planet in a solar system, I guess by your scaling they're mid tier too or even below than that since they dont have planet busting feats lol

I mean I've shown on my end characters with superior striking than Gladiators and somehow you equating WW and CM to being mid-tiers when thats not the case. Comics don't just measure striking based on the damage it caused to the environment we go by how they affect other characters and if given the areas they effect and produce. You will never find another panel of Kallark smashing a nearly dead planetoid because off the top of my head.

• His own striking couldn't put down Wonder Man another mid-tier. He had to BFR him into the planets crust so he would get stuck.
  • Couldn't put down a Bannerless dying Hulk.
  • Couldn't put down Teen Colossus.
  • Couldn't overwhelm Black Bolt with the element of surprise on his side.

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By DarkseidThanos

@masterskywalker: it was the biggest planet in the picture, we see literally 10 planets there and its the biggest one, its the biggest planet compared to 10 other different planets

You still haven't shown superior striking from the 3 I mentioned, YOU are the one who called planetoid/planet busting punches mid tier, not me so going off YOUR scaling the 3 I mentioned aren't even mid tier since they don't have superior feats than a feat you called mid tier

Why don't you read my first post to you again before you mention those gladiator feats, I already told you glads hasn't been written to the same planetoid/planet busting levels you call mid tier

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By phillip33

@masterskywalker: you keep saying dead husk of a planetoid like it isn’t a solid chunk of of rock... being a healthy vs being a dead planet have no differences, they are both solid chunks of rock with a molten core. The only difference is that one can support life on its surface and the other no longer can, whether it’s because of the loss of its sun, being gravitationally pulled out of its orbit, or something happened on it, or if it never had life at all.

On topic I’d say colossus, thing, Namor is the cutoff.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: The one from JLA Vol. 1 #75? That's Pre-Flashpoint instance. He had help from Wonder Woman and Superman. The former is far from being stronger than him and the latter is barely stronger than J'onn, so it is still way more impressive than the Thing. Anyway, since you were talking about Pre-Flashpoint J'onn, I'll list Pre-Flashpoint feats only. I won't post any scans, but I'll provide caption so you can check out the issues yourself in case you feel skeptical about some feats I'm about to mention.

1. Superman stated that J'onn is the most powerful being on the planet Earth. He also stated that J'onn would be at the top of the list of people that Clark himself is afraid of facing in combat - JLA #86 (November 2003)
  2. Starbreaker stated that J'onn's power exceeds Superman's, which is not just a baseless statement considering the fact that he came to that conclusion by scanning/sensing J'onn's energies (J'onn took the identity of Bloodwynd at the time) - Justice League America #64 (July 1992)
  3. J'onn held his own against Gray Man possessed Captain Marvel Shazam, who was stated to be equal to the Man of Steel more than once by multiple people, including Superman himself. - Justice League Vol. 1 #6 (October 1987)
  4. He was able to hurt Superboy Prime with his punch. This is the same Superboy Prime who stated that Black Adam's punches tickle. Impressive considering the fact that Adam overpowered Captain Marvel, stalemated Superman and destroyed a shield capable of tanking continental level force. - Infinite Crisis #6 (May 2006)
  5. J'onn overpowered and defeated Triumph, relying on physical strength alone. This is pretty impressive considering the fact that he stalemated Superman after reacting to his high speed blitz, and was defeated only with the help of Steel - Justice League Task Force Vol. 1 #28 (October 1995)
  6. J'onn overpowered multiple White Martians with a blitz in order to save Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. This is impressive because White Martians are comparable to Superman when it comes to their stats, including durability - JLA # 57 (October 2001)
  7. He fought and overpowered the entire Justice League team mostly relying on his strength and shape shifting. The roster was composed of Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion, Steel, Wally West, Plastic Man, Aquaman and Big Barda - Martian Manhunter Vol. 2 #7 (June 1999)

Here you go. I gave you two statements (and I'm pretty sure there are two more statements about J'onn being superior to Superman, but I've never read those issues so I'm not gonna mention them) and five feats (six if you count the one you yourself mentioned), while providing caption and even mentioning feats of lesser known characters J'onn has faced in order for you to know how impressive his feats are. Keep in mind, those are all feats I noticed by either reading titles I wanted to read where J'onn happened to appear in (like the JLA and Infinite Crisis), or just reading random issues just because characters I like appear in it (like that MMH issue, since Wally West and Superman are in it).

I'm barely a casual Martian Manhunter reader and I'm far from being an expert. So I'm pretty sure there are way more strength and striking power feats that put J'onn on a completely different level compared to Ben. But six feats are more than enough. He proved to be on the same level as Superman even if we focus on strength only (whether he is equal, a bit stronger or a bit weaker than Superman is up for a debate, but you get the idea). Of course, I could always bring up feats he preformed as Fernus, but I'm not gonna do that either since some people argue that Fernus is amped Martian Manhunter, not just Morals Off J'onn who burns and doesn't give a shit about fire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making people flinch in comics is not hard to do. Superman can flinch from a lot of things but there's a big difference between flinching or taking damage. If superman is just standing there even batman can lift him and throw him or move him with a punch, even though no damage would actually be done there. Weaker characters have made stronger ones move or flinch all the time in comics.

I think we should not consider PIS.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at Superman no-selling hits from any high tier. Even saying low high tiers like Blue Marvel being no-sold is pushing it. Thing, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Colossus, etc. could MAYBE be no-sold. Ultimately, if you want to be technical, even staggering someone (moving their head to the side) is making them flinch. Everybody is going a bit overboard here.

Gallerymadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna go with Rhino.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By kgb725

@masterskywalker: Super strength and able to change her density but she can only do it instinctively that's about it

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

@comic_book_fan: The one from JLA Vol. 1 #75? That's Pre-Flashpoint instance. He had help from Wonder Woman and Superman. The former is far from being stronger than him and the latter is barely stronger than J'onn, so it is still way more impressive than the Thing. Anyway, since you were talking about Pre-Flashpoint J'onn, I'll list Pre-Flashpoint feats only. I won't post any scans, but I'll provide caption so you can check out the issues yourself in case you feel skeptical about some feats I'm about to mention.

1. Superman stated that J'onn is the most powerful being on the planet Earth. He also stated that J'onn would be at the top of the list of people that Clark himself is afraid of facing in combat - JLA #86 (November 2003)
  2. superman was talking about over all power not just strength manhunter would win a over all fight and but he ben is stronger.
  3. Starbreaker stated that J'onn's power exceeds Superman's, which is not just a baseless statement considering the fact that he came to that conclusion by scanning/sensing J'onn's energies (J'onn took the identity of Bloodwynd at the time) - Justice League America #64 (July 1992)
  4. again over all power not strength
  5. J'onn held his own against Gray Man possessed Captain Marvel Shazam, who was stated to be equal to the Man of Steel more than once by multiple people, including Superman himself. - Justice League Vol. 1 #6 (October 1987)
  6. i bet he used his other powers here as well
  7. He was able to hurt Superboy Prime with his punch. This is the same Superboy Prime who stated that Black Adam's punches tickle. Impressive considering the fact that Adam overpowered Captain Marvel, stalemated Superman and destroyed a shield capable of tanking continental level force. - Infinite Crisis #6 (May 2006) now were getting some where i will have to get my copy and give it a 2nd look but i don't think he hurt him really but will double check
  8. J'onn overpowered and defeated Triumph, relying on physical strength alone. This is pretty impressive considering the fact that he stalemated Superman after reacting to his high speed blitz, and was defeated only with the help of Steel - Justice League Task Force Vol. 1 #28 (October 1995)
  9. i will have to see this fight to judge
  10. J'onn overpowered multiple White Martians with a blitz in order to save Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. This is impressive because White Martians are comparable to Superman when it comes to their stats, including durability - JLA # 57 (October 2001)
  11. no they aren't in one comic the white martians had a good showing against supes he since then has killed multiple of them by his self.
  12. He fought and overpowered the entire Justice League team mostly relying on his strength and shape shifting. The roster was composed of Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion, Steel, Wally West, Plastic Man, Aquaman and Big Barda - Martian Manhunter Vol. 2 #7 (June 1999)
  13. here he was 2 martiations in one and was using his elasticity to amplify his punches kind of like when reed knocks down onslaught band knocks namor around.

Here you go. I gave you two statements (and I'm pretty sure there are two more statements about J'onn being superior to Superman, but I've never read those issues so I'm not gonna mention them) and five feats (six if you count the one you yourself mentioned), while providing caption and even mentioning feats of lesser known characters J'onn has faced in order for you to know how impressive his feats are. Keep in mind, those are all feats I noticed by either reading titles I wanted to read where J'onn happened to appear in (like the JLA and Infinite Crisis), or just reading random issues just because characters I like appear in it (like that MMH issue, since Wally West and Superman are in it).

I'm barely a casual Martian Manhunter reader and I'm far from being an expert. So I'm pretty sure there are way more strength and striking power feats that put J'onn on a completely different level compared to Ben. But six feats are more than enough. He proved to be on the same level as Superman even if we focus on strength only (whether he is equal, a bit stronger or a bit weaker than Superman is up for a debate, but you get the idea). Of course, I could always bring up feats he preformed as Fernus, but I'm not gonna do that either since some people argue that Fernus is amped Martian Manhunter, not just Morals Off J'onn who burns and doesn't give a shit about fire.

reed richards said ben was on par with thor in strength who is stronger than manhunter he has also said to be as strong as hulk before his rage increases also stronger than manhunter and herc has said he was a worthy opponent herc is also stronger than manhunter so we have him being mentioned in the same class as 3 characters who are all stronger than manhunter what does that tell you.

and he is only getting stronger by absorbing cosmic rays over time.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bet he used his other powers here as well

He didn't. He relied only on his strength, durability and flight (maybe speed as well). He was overpowered but Cap was Morals Off due to the fact that he was mind controlled, while J'onn obviously wasn't going all out against him. And at the end, it was J'onn who knocked Billy out with a punch, something even Superman struggled to do.

now were getting some where i will have to get my copy and give it a 2nd look but i don't think he hurt him really but will double check

Based on his facial expression, that punch hurt him. Maybe he wasn't able to outright damage him physically, but I'm confident that punch hurt him.

No Caption Provided

And yet, Black Adam's punches tickle him. This was in the exact same issue by the way.

No Caption Provided

i will have to see this fight to judge

The fight is too long for me to post it. I gave you the issue number so you can check it out yourself (Justice League Task Force #28). The fight lasts about 10 panels or something like that. It was literal brawl. They were relying only on their strength and durability (aside from one panel where Triumph fired an energy blast and J'onn countered it with his Martian Vision), and J'onn beat the shit out of Triumph with low difficulty.

no they aren't in one comic the white martians had a good showing against supes he since then has killed multiple of them by his self.

Superman never killed a White Martian, even less multiple White Martians. Sure, he was able to beat White Martian in a fight, but he is not above their league by any means. I'm not sure why are you under the assumption that they were introduced as Superman level beings in one comic only. They defeated Superman at least twice, defeated Kyle Rayner, ragdolled Wonder Woman, defeated Wally West, overpowered multiple powerhouses at the same time (like Orion, Big Barda, Kyle Rayner...) and so on. It happened multiple times throughout entire JLA series/run. I don't know how many comics with White Martians you've read, but they were consistently introduced as high tiers/powerhouses, comparable to Superman to say the least. Even Wally West claimed that one is as durable as the Man of Steel. Beating at least one of them already puts J'onn leagues above the Thing in strength.

here he was 2 martiations in one and was using his elasticity to amplify his punches kind of like when reed knocks down onslaught band knocks namor around.

J'onn relied on shape shifting in that fight but that is something he uses 75% of the time. It's the part of his power set, and therefor doesn't make his showing less valid. It's still leagues above what Ben can do, as he is not even on the same level as a single member of the Justice League roster. Yes, there was another Martian (I believe he was called Malefic), but he didn't do anything, aside from hitting Wally West and Superman once, everything else was all J'onn's doing. I'm still not sure why are you under the assumption that Ben is at least comparable to him. I gave you feats, and it looks like you are just trying to find a way to lowball them, either in ways that are irrelevant or stating things that are just incorrect.

reed richards said ben was on par with thor in strength who is stronger than manhunter

Thor is not stronger than J'onn. J'onn is well above Thor when it comes to strength. Thor just has superior striking power because of Mjolnir. Either way, we know Reed's statement is not true because Thor almost killed Ben in their fight in Thor: First Thunder #5

he has also said to be as strong as hulk before his rage increases also stronger than manhunter and herc has said he was a worthy opponent herc is also stronger than manhunter so we have him being mentioned in the same class as 3 characters who are all stronger than manhunter what does that tell you.

It tells me that you have to look more into it. Hercules lacks feats to prove he is stronger than J'onn as well. Which is ironic considering the fact that Hercules defeated Ben with zero effort. So it tells me that Ben is inferior to him. Hulk statement is also not true because in Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #25, Hulk easily defeated Ben, and in the next issue, he overpowered him pretty easily. He also overpowere d him in Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #535 & Marvel Feature #11. He was also easily overpowered by the Hulk in Incredible Hulk Vol. 3 #12despite the fact that he had help from Wolverine. He was also almost killed by the Hulk with just two attacks in World War Hulk #2, the same Hulk who was stated to be holding back twice, both by Amadeus Cho in Hulk vs Hercules: When Titans Collide and Hulk himself in Incredible Hulks Vol. 1 #634. Ben was also overpowered by the likes of Iron-man and Gladiator, the former being weakling compared to J'onn and the later being well below him. Just because Ben could hold his own against a handful of powerhouses does not put him on the same level as them, especially because most of them ragdolled him afterwards. J'onn on the other hand wasn't just holding his own against powerhouses. He strait up overpowered them.

and he is only getting stronger by absorbing cosmic rays over time.

Based on showing alone, he's not becoming stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: "New 52 Superman was never outright confirmed to be stronger than New 52 Martian Manhunter."

I am pretty sure there was an instance where new 52 MMH said Superman is the strongest of them. I believe it was in a tie in issue of "Forever Evil" event.