Who is the strongest character Superman can take a full-force punch from, without flinching?

• 156 results
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@charan_: Fair enough. It doesn't matter anyway because now we are talking about Pre-Flashpoint Martian Manhunter.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@krleavenger: the thing is getting stronger he in the 80's fought himself from when he first became the thing and even reluctantly beat him in the 90's he fought his late 60's ear;y 70's self and explained how he has gotten way stronger through working out and absorbing cosmic rays then in 2007 ben from the future came back in time and they fought again and this time future ben explained the same thing only that time it was true for all the ff and more evidence in the 70's sasquatch was supposed to be stronger than ben but in the 90's ben was way stronger and sasquatch admitted he had no chance against him.

and even marvel has ranked ben as there 4th strongest hero right behind herc

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me with Kryptonite.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By KrleAvenger

@comic_book_fan:

the thing is getting stronger he in the 80's fought himself from when he first became the thing and even reluctantly beat him in the 90's he fought his late 60's ear;y 70's self and explained how he has gotten way stronger through working out and absorbing cosmic rays then in 2007 ben from the future came back in time and they fought again and this time future ben explained the same thing only that time it was true for all the ff and more evidence in the 70's sasquatch was supposed to be stronger than ben but in the 90's ben was way stronger and sasquatch admitted he had no chance against him.

Fair enough, but even Modern Thing lacks feats to put him remotely close to Superman tier, something J'onn is strength wise.

and even marvel has ranked ben as there 4th strongest hero right behind herc

So I assume Hercules, Thor and the Hulk are above him. But there are more characters that proved to be stronger than him, like Wonder Man, Red Hulk, Skaar, Gladiator, just to name a few.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By comic_book_fan

@krleavenger: wonderman isn't stronger

redhulk appeared to be last time they fought but ben holds back alot i would imagine that an unrestrained ben would be pretty close skarr is when connected to the old power but isn't normally.

and wonder woman captain marvel and black adam are all like 3/4 of superman's strength and manhunter is like maybe half of superman strength ben would be pretty close to wonder woman and captain marvel strength slightly stronger than manhunter but weaker than wonder woman and captain marvel.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan:

wonderman isn't stronger

Ionic Wonder Man almost one shotted Thor and ragdolled Red Hulk, both of which are superior to Ben.

redhulk appeared to be last time they fought but ben holds back alot i would imagine that an unrestrained ben would be pretty close skarr is when connected to the old power but isn't normally.

Ben is not a character who holds back. He doesn't have to because he does not have an extreme amount of destructive power like Superman, Hulk, Thor and Silver Surfer. Why are you under the assumption that Ben is on the same level as Skaar with the Old Power? That Skaar held his own against fully powered Green Scar Hulk and unleashed continental level force. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion but can you at least give me a reason why Ben would be remotely close to that level? Because as far as I know, he struggled with Namor and was overpowered by way weaker incarnations of the Hulk than Green Scar.

and wonder woman captain marvel and black adam are all like 3/4 of superman's strength and manhunter is like maybe half of superman strength

Where are you getting any of this from? Both Black Adam and Captain Marvel stalemated Superman every time they fought, and Clark himself claimed that Billy is equal to him. And why would you put J'onn below someone like Wonder Woman in strength? If anything, she is below Teth, Billy, Clark and J'onn. Why would you put her, or even any of them above J'onn when I showed you on panel that J'onn held his own, stalemated and even overpowered people on that level. Hell every single character you mentioned was either stalemated or overpowered by J'onn aside from Black Adam.

ben would be pretty close to wonder woman and captain marvel strength slightly stronger than manhunter but weaker than wonder woman and captain marvel.

J'onn is way stronger than Wonder Woman and is on the same level as Billy to say the least. Again, where are you getting this from? I gave you J'onn's feats that put him on the same level as Superman and I proved that Ben is well below powerhouses. It seems like you are just ignoring it while just stating your own opinion, without posting scans and/or providing caption. Again, you are entitled to your own opinion, but at the very least, give me a reason to believe it and explain why you don't agree with my. I provided feats that put J'onn well above Ben. Actually, even if we look at that Moon feat with Diana and Clark, and even if we lowball J'onn as much as we could and say that he only contributed to moving 2% of the planet, it's still equivalent to almost two Moons of the planet Earth, making him way way stronger than Ben.

At this point I'm just repeating myself, and this is already going off topic so we might as well agree to disagree.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By comic_book_fan

@krleavenger: the thing beat a mind control wonderman while holding back and trying not to hurt then had enough left to beat a mind controlled shehulk and spiderman while also trying drastically not to hurt them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
these are the highlights ben holds back and still beats a puppet master controlled  wonderman
these are the highlights ben holds back and still beats a puppet master controlled wonderman

ben does hold back his worse fear like superman is accidentally really clobberin someone for good he is an average joe he don't want to kill anybody and prove he is a monster. and he knows that if he breaks to much stuff during the fight that somebody has to pay for that these are all things he has stated during fights

here psycoman states that the thing sees himself as a monster who lost control of his powers while  hit with his powers
here psycoman states that the thing sees himself as a monster who lost control of his powers while hit with his powers

batman has stated wonder woman is stronger than manhunter she has better true strength feats and supergirl has proven stronger than manhunter but is only equal to wonderwoman .