Noh-Varr  

No Caption Provided
 Vs. 

Gorgon

No Caption Provided

Details: Round 1
Noh-Varr before becoming the Protector 
Morals off 
Start at opposite ends of a theater. (Opposite Exits. No one is on the stage.) 
All powers and regular equipment for Gorgon, Noh-Varr gets only his gauntlet
No Prep. 

Round 2 
Same Noh-Varr 
Morals off 
Start in streets of New York 500 ft apart. 
30 minutes to look at a file on the way to fight. 
Both get all equipment.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chaos Prime

im tending to favour the Kree in both scenarios here unless the stone stare gets to him? 
O wait no prep for the first encounter? then that could go either way :-)

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

Gorgon. Homeboy took Elektra and Wolverine to school....At the same time...When both had prep....How badass is that?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime
@OhItsThatGuy said:
Gorgon. Homeboy took Elektra and Wolverine to school....At the same time...When both had prep....How badass is that?
Indeed but  there so much more to the Kree than just H2H skills imo..
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
@Chaos Prime

You're right, but The Gorgon is also a house of much power. The guy has super speed, super strength, incredible reflexes, a mighty healing factor, telepathy, a genius-level intellect, and vision that can turn one into stone. Gorgon also has the Godkiller: A divine weapon.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime
@OhItsThatGuy said:
@Chaos Prime

You're right, but The Gorgon is also a house of much power. The guy has super speed, super strength, incredible reflexes, a mighty healing factor, telepathy, a genius-level intellect, and vision that can turn one into stone.

Very true thats why imo this is a solid contest given the scenarios.. 
Will make a case for the Kree tomorrow on how i think he at least wins the second scenario.. :-)
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By YoungGunna

Round 1 I'll say Gorgon...Noh Varr really doesn't have a answer to Gorgons stone stare, TP, or skill...  

Round 2 I say Noh Varr since he gets all his equipment...

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
@OhItsThatGuy said:
@Chaos Prime

You're right, but The Gorgon is also a house of much power. The guy has super speed, super strength, incredible reflexes, a mighty healing factor, telepathy, a genius-level intellect, and vision that can turn one into stone. Gorgon also has the Godkiller: A divine weapon.

Not sure what telepathic abilities Gorgon has, but I'm pretty sure Noh-Varr has better strength and speed feats. They both have some very unorthodox abilities. It depends on who uses their first.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungGunna
@hydrabob said:
@OhItsThatGuy said:
@Chaos Prime

Not sure what telepathic abilities Gorgon has, but I'm pretty sure Noh-Varr has better strength and speed feats. They both have some very unorthodox abilities. It depends on who uses their first.
Well Gorgon was able to read Wolverine and Elecktra's mind pretty easily and can make a target feel unpleasant sensations but don't know if he can mind control...
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungGunna: Noh-Varr can reroute his pain receptors so he hears music. I don't think feeling unpleasant is going to be a problem for him. Noh-Varr can also fight from a far which Gorgon can only use the stone stare from a distance.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By YoungGunna
@hydrabob said:
@YoungGunna: Noh-Varr can reroute his pain receptors so he hears music. I don't think feeling unpleasant is going to be a problem for him. Noh-Varr can also fight from a far which Gorgon can only use the stone stare from a distance.
Range still won't help much Gorgon can read all his moves and come in with his speed and deliver quick blows for the kill....
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungGunna: Where are you getting that Gorgon can read his moves? Noh-Varr has White Run which would focus all of his senses so he can avoid Gorgons attacks. He also is capable of running at over 80 MPH. Agility feats 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoungGunna
@hydrabob:  
What do you mean reading moves Gorgon has always been able to do that he was reading Wolverine and Elecktra's....
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kajitatsu

Round 1: Gorgon closely.
Round 2: Noh-varr in a stomp.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungGunna: Do you know in what issue he did this, cuz I read everything he did in Secret Warriors and I never saw anything like that.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By YoungGunna
@hydrabob said:
@YoungGunna: Do you know in what issue he did this, cuz I read everything he did in Secret Warriors and I never saw anything like that.
Wait I'll give you the scans...
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungGunna

Heres the one were they talk about his move reading 
  Heres the one were they talk about his move reading 
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
@hydrabob

The Gorgon uses his TP to create great psychological trauma for his opponents, and also uses it to see moves ahead of time. I've never seen him use it to control a person. He's very arrogant and a sociopath. He called Reed Richards an idiot, simply for being human, and killed his family and friends. It could be that he simply doesn't like to use his TP that way, for he feels it would get in the way of his “fun” and that he doesn’t need it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By Final Arrow

Great thread

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By YoungGunna
@hydrabob said:

@YoungGunna: Where are you getting that Gorgon can read his moves? Noh-Varr has White Run which would focus all of his senses so he can avoid Gorgons attacks. He also is capable of running at over 80 MPH. Agility feats 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I also don't think the speed would be a problem Gorgon has tag speedsters(cut ones hand off) so 80mph shouldn't be to difficult and his TP seems to both slow reaction time and dull senses completely...  

I still say Gorgon takes round 1 

Noh-Varr takes round 2
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By progenitorigin

1.) The Gorgon, especially with morals off. 
2.) Noh-Varr.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By difficlus
@progenitor said:
1.) The Gorgon, especially with morals off. 2.) Noh-Varr.
I agree. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Final Arrow

This thread has been spotlighted...CONGRATS

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Final Arrow said:

This thread has been spotlighted...CONGRATS

Bravo :-) 
well done hydrabob :-) 
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sherlock

Hey Its Hydrabob i havnt seen you in ages congrats on the spotlight

Gorgon prolly takes round one
Noh varr round 2

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daak1212
@hydrabob said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Gorgon slashed off Yo-Yo's arms in Secret Warriors
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Superskrull86
@YoungGunna said:
Round 1 I'll say Gorgon...Noh Varr really doesn't have a answer to Gorgons stone stare, TP, or skill...   Round 2 I say Noh Varr since he gets all his equipment...

What i'd say too
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spiderbuck1
@progenitor said:
1.) The Gorgon, especially with morals off. 2.) Noh-Varr.  

We might have a consensus here.
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, first really cool that this got spotlighted. I'm pretty psyched about that, but now everyone seems to agree that Gorgon wins first round against my guy and I don't like that. Noh-Varr actually could probably tell that Gorgon has stone stare, because he was able to identifies what Wiccan, Hulkling, and Karoline's powers are and takes them all down in less than 5 seconds. So, that's extremely precise speed, agility and power. 

So, I'm not up to date on how much of a scan we can show. If I can show the whole Noh-Varr display of White Run on the Young Avengers and Runaways I will. Somebody just tell me, but I'll show where he identifies powers and takes them out.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Also not seeing how Gorgon with no morals is badder than Noh-Varr with his gauntlet that screwed up several blocks of New York. Noh can just run up to with in his range and flamethrower or cosmic bullet with would definitely be able to kill Gorgon and I don't believe Gorgon is fast enough to evade an attack like that. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
So, who still believes Noh-Varr can't win round 1?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Hydrabob No to be honest i thought the first encounter could go either way but u are making a very good case for me to award both encounters to Noh-Varr.. 
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YoungGunna

But how is the White Run going to work when Gorgon can read all his moves having and like I said he has tagged speedster before if Noh-Varr comes in to close he's likely to get his head cut off buy Gorgons God Killer...Gorgon has remarkable speed and reaction times plus his TP  both slows reaction time and dull senses it could prove to be the perfect counter for the White Run... 

But in all honestly after seeing that scan of the range of Noh-Varr gauntlet it seems to be a little unfair...

Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mr_Mold
@Ren said:
The same Gorgon that sliced three bullets in half in one panel? Ummm, I'm thinking he's getting lowballed here a little.
I saw that I thought it was only one bullet. 

@YoungGunna said:
But how is the White Run going to work when Gorgon can read all his moves having and like I said he has tagged speedster before if Noh-Varr comes in to close he's likely to get his head cut off buy Gorgons God Killer...Gorgon has remarkable speed and reaction times plus his TP  both slows reaction time and dull senses it could prove to be the perfect counter for the White Run...  But in all honestly after seeing that scan of the range of Noh-Varr gauntlet it seems to be a little unfair...
Well Noh's gauntlet can turn into a sword as well and if he is in Hand to Hand range Noh can grow his nails, stab them into Gorgon and then they will explode. Now Gorgon could read that he was going to stab him with his fingers, but I don't think he could know the nails would explode. I think Noh's brain would be ignorant to the sense dulling since it also ignore pain. Yeah, his gear is his best weapon.  

You want a round with unarmed combat? 
@Chaos Prime: Thank you.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@Ren said:
The same Gorgon that sliced three bullets in half in one panel? Ummm, I'm thinking he's getting lowballed here a little.
I saw that I thought it was only one bullet. 

@YoungGunna said:
But how is the White Run going to work when Gorgon can read all his moves having and like I said he has tagged speedster before if Noh-Varr comes in to close he's likely to get his head cut off buy Gorgons God Killer...Gorgon has remarkable speed and reaction times plus his TP  both slows reaction time and dull senses it could prove to be the perfect counter for the White Run...  But in all honestly after seeing that scan of the range of Noh-Varr gauntlet it seems to be a little unfair...
Well Noh's gauntlet can turn into a sword as well and if he is in Hand to Hand range Noh can grow his nails, stab them into Gorgon and then they will explode. Now Gorgon could read that he was going to stab him with his fingers, but I don't think he could know the nails would explode. I think Noh's brain would be ignorant to the sense dulling since it also ignore pain. Yeah, his gear is his best weapon.  

You want a round with unarmed combat? 
@Chaos Prime: Thank you.
Why would Gorgon allow himself to be stabbed in the first place he has remarkable reaction times coupled with his move reading that would be highly unlikely to happen in the first place...The range just seems a little unfair if you just allowed Noh-Varr to only be able to change his gantlet into a sword everything would be fine...
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: Well at close range I think Noh-Varr could do it. Wolverine and Elektra are no where near his hand to hand speed and all he has to do is get one finger on him and them Gorgon blows up. Well that gives Gorgon a huge advantage of stone stare and godkiller which noh would only have close combat and speed.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: Well at close range I think Noh-Varr could do it. Wolverine and Elektra are no where near his hand to hand speed and all he has to do is get one finger on him and them Gorgon blows up. Well that gives Gorgon a huge advantage of stone stare and godkiller which noh would only have close combat and speed.
But Noh-Varr is no where near there pure skill and Gorgon has no trouble with speed, I'm still thinking that if Noh gets to close he's probably losing a limb or his head...I  guess it really doesn't work either way then...
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: Ok, not sure how you want me to show you Noh's pure skill. The guy took out 4 of the strongest people on the Runaways and Young Avengers in less than a minute. Noh can deal with pain. He did keep fighting with an arm phased into his chest. 
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: Ok, not sure how you want me to show you Noh's pure skill. The guy took out 4 of the strongest people on the Runaways and Young Avengers in less than a minute. Noh can deal with pain. He did keep fighting with an arm phased into his chest. 
I was referring to them having greater fighting skill...Will he keep fighting even if his head's cut off?
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: Well there is no way to prove his skill is higher or lower than Gorgons.....I don't think he would, but i don't think Gorgon would keep fighting if his head was cut off either.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: Well there is no way to prove his skill is higher or lower than Gorgons.....I don't think he would, but i don't think Gorgon would keep fighting if his head was cut off either.
Does Noh-Varr have any impressive H2H skills against anyone worth noting?...Gorgon isn't getting his head cut off thats the point he has a counter really for everything Noh-Varr has to offer although I don't think Gorgon can get past that range of Noh-Varr's its seems to effect a very wide radious....
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: He took out three guys who are supposed to be Captain America level fighters and one of them did something that increased made him the size of Hulk. He also took on She Hulk, but I call PIS on him losing to her.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: He took out three guys who are supposed to be Captain America level fighters and one of them did something that increased made him the size of Hulk. He also took on She Hulk, but I call PIS on him losing to her.
Thats all cool but I was referring to him actually using only pure H2H skills not his powers to aid him... Seeing as there fighting inside a theater Gorgon could quickly close in on him....
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: Well he fought the Young Avengers and Runaways without his gear and his powers for most of it. He only did the White Run for little bit. Noh-Varr can move faster than people can see and he can walk on walls if anyone is sneaking on someone he would be doing it.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:

@YoungGunna: Well he fought the Young Avengers and Runaways without his gear and his powers for most of it. He only did the White Run for little bit. Noh-Varr can move faster than people can see and he can walk on walls if anyone is sneaking on someone he would be doing it.

So your telling me that Noh-Varr White Runs automatically at the beginning of his battles with no info of the oppositions skill set(as they both have no prep) because anything less than that will result in this match being over in a couple of seconds....Like I said Gorgon has dealt with faster and he can easily tag Noh as Gorgon knows his moves and has the physical attributes and skill to do so....
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: Well he doesn't always have to, but yeah he could as soon as the fight starts. And Noh-Varr isn't just going to try and run and hit him. He would know that distance is his advantage. Also he could spit on Gorgon and get control of his mind. I really doubt Gorgon is going to know that their nano tech in Noh-Varrs saliva.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: Well he doesn't always have to, but yeah he could as soon as the fight starts. And Noh-Varr isn't just going to try and run and hit him. He would know that distance is his advantage. Also he could spit on Gorgon and get control of his mind. I really doubt Gorgon is going to know that their nano tech in Noh-Varrs saliva.
The point of it is he's not going to White Run at the start of the fight but it is in character for Gorgon to come in slice Noh head off.... The only thing Noh has working for him is his range which could be enough because they are in a small space but Gorgon could block them with his God Killer...Gorgon isn't going to let Noh spit on him his physical attributes and move reading simply would't allow that to happen..
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: I really don't see how godkiller can block a flamethrower.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:
@YoungGunna: I really don't see how godkiller can block a flamethrower.
Gorgon could get close enough and just stone stare Noh Varr before the Flame thrower could even affect him as Gorgon would be reading Noh like a book...
Mr_Mold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mr_Mold
@YoungGunna: i haven't seen anything that suggests Gorgon can move that fast.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By YoungGunna
@Mr_Mold said:

@YoungGunna: i haven't seen anything that suggests Gorgon can move that fast.

Well I've seen Gorgon deflects the bullets of S.H.I.E.L.D agents with his katana and pwn them in no time and .He gave Elecktra a weapon, proceeded to dodge all of her attacks even multiple attacks within the same panel not getting hit once, showing some pretty good speed...Gorgon has moved and struck with the speed that has impaled and fatally wounded Wolverine before he could even comprehend it....