Avatar image for primainterpares
#201 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101: I just put you contronting me after I started tracking him down. Go from there.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#202 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: "You know, they say there exists a fine line between bravery and stupidity" Ryuga looks at the man with a small tinge of disappointment. "Speed, strength, versatility, agility . . . Did you even bother learning about your opponent before you went off and started chasing him. If he was stronger than you initially anticipated what would you have done then?"

Avatar image for primainterpares
#203 Edited by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101:

"I do not have time for a lecture, stand aside." Raelius stepped to move around the being in his way. He was stalking his prey now, he needed to find where the man had gone, then he could worry about the rest. He would be careful not to be spotted. Once he found the attacker he could observe to his heart's content.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#204 Edited by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing the man jump off in pursuit of his target Ryuga decided to chase after him, once again climbing and jumping from rooftop to rooftop. It was clear that the man was faster. Regardless of that, Ryuga decided to speak up.

"It's not a lecture, but a word of advice! Over the course of my travels I've seen many people go down because they've been too reckless in their actions. Regardless of how you feel about his crimes, even you would agree that two men have better chances than one!" When the man didn't respond he had let out a disgruntled sigh.

"Kay, I'll start, the names Ryuga!"

Avatar image for primainterpares
#205 Edited by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101:

"If it is your intent to lend aid to me in this task I will gladly accept it", he continued on with his head down to the cobblestone. " For now I need you to hang back. I have the stealth to observe this man, hopefully without being detected. I will make my decision then whether to engage. You may lend help should I need it, but for now remain silent."

@emperorthanos-

Some moments later...

Raelius could tell he was drawing near, the scent grew stronger, the signs of passage more obvious. He would attempt to observe the man from a distance, using his stealth to stay out of sight.

Proof

Just a little more about tracking by scent.

Drizzt had told her that the dark elves could track enemies by their scent for miles through the Underdark's twisting caverns, and it seemed silly to Catti-brie to bath in aromatic oils and possibly aid her enemies. -R.A. Salvatore

Just for good measure, Drow can track by scent for miles.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#206 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: Judging by the man's

lean physique, sharp eyes, and pointed Elven ears gave all the signs necessary to assume he was of a certain Elven origin. Realizing this is the case Ryuga spoke as softly as he can, to the point that only those with enhanced hearing would manage to pick it up.

"How fast can you fire your arrows?" Asked Ryuga curiously. If they were to be working together then it was necessary that he knew about his partners latent abilities. "I can provide you a two second opening where this scum will be completely immobilized. However it will require that I have the first engagement!"

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#207 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Just tagging you to let you know!

While Ryuga waited for the man's response, he used 'observe' on the man he was following. Now that he was closer, the spell might be provided him with more information about the lone mysterious vigilante.

Avatar image for primez0ne
#208 Posted by Primez0ne (9885 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Felleyes woke up the next day and dragged himself over to the tavern. He asked after the boss's sister in hopes of getting an audience with her.

Avatar image for primainterpares
#209 Edited by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101:

Moments earlier...

"Perhaps, let me scout it out first and see what we are dealing with." He paused before lowly adding "I can shoot as fast as the next guy, my movements are faster than the ordinary eye can follow."

Proof

My body is fast enough to unleash 4 arrows before the first struck its target, and draw and unleash before a trained warrior can even register a thought.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

My skill is the best archer in the G.I. Joe Universe. Part of the reason Zartan's framing of him worked so well is because no one believed anyone but Storm Shadow was skilled enough with a bow to pull off the shot that killed the Hard Master. It took a bunch of fancy technology to allow Zartan to pull it off. Storm Shadow is both faster and a better archer than Zartan, and this is what Zartan can do.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for emperorthanos-
#210 Posted by emperorthanos- (16376 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for primainterpares
#211 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

We are tracking the man who killed the woman. I am going to stealthily scout out where he is and observe him without being detected if at all possible, while Dementor is hanging back and waiting for me to complete my recon.

Avatar image for emperorthanos-
#212 Posted by emperorthanos- (16376 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for primainterpares
#213 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jacthripper
#214 Edited by Jacthripper (14969 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

Kyvek approached the mercenary. He didn't like it but he needed the money. He pulled his blood red sword and planted it in the ground squarely in front of the mercenary. "I heard you're looking for men? I can swing a sword damn handily, and it's always better to have an orc on your side than not."

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#215 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Aw man . . . Was it a story character or was it one of the users on this thread?

Avatar image for sazzmi
#216 Posted by Sazzmi (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: I knock on my left cell wall. Do I get a response from any fellow prisoners that may be there?

Avatar image for emperorthanos-
#217 Edited by emperorthanos- (16376 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan

" Goblins usually attack in parties of 6. They like using poisoned weapons and attacking from range. They are highly intelligent, and love setting up elaborate ambushes. They are skilled, agile, and train for bringing down enemies more powerful than themselves. Most goblin encounters just involve them just getting into mischief, messing with cattle, sabotaging carriages, stealing, etc, usually not even looking for a real fight. It's because of this, many novice adventurers underestimate how dangerous it can be to hunt them in their own territory. It's almost impossible to sneak up on a goblin, as they can sense you by your emotions. It's this same ability that lets them operate under the cover of smoke. Some of them have the ability to perform minor illusions. Usually things like invisibility or taking the appearance of children. The latter are called changelings. They usually don't leave the forest." Your mentor explains.

"Word has gotten around that a few members of the Heroes Guild went after some Goblins all got killed. "

@oldkaiser

"All participants from numbers 60 to 90 it is get ready." You hear a man speak. He leads you to a room filled with the weapons " Hand all you weapons to Luther at the door, for this round you can only use what is provided here. Don't worry you will get them back should you make it out alive."

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

"Rules are simple, 30 of you go into the arena. Only 10 leave. Oh and no magic. Win by whatever means necessary"

You are taken on a boat to the main ring. You hear loud music all around you as well as the cheers of the audience. It's a full house.

No Caption Provided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij3_VIJxd9s

The average gladiator you will face has MCU Daredevil physicals and is equipped with a sword and shield. Your job is to prove your character can take on two gladiators simultaneously and win. Which simply means killing them or knocking them out the ring. You can also attack on another if you choose but that will result in a cav style thread/debate.

Here's a respect thread to give you an idea of their strength, speed and durability. You can ignore everything else

@manaman

A man approaches you " Going after the Steel Dragons are you? I can help you with that. I have a score to settle with them anyway."

@higorm 1200

In an odd turn of events the man who decided to stop the butcher decides not to fight but rather just leave the butcher alone and moves a way. The Butcher is confused and hesitates before he makes the next move. That offers you the opportunity to come up behind him and kill him. You are not sure what happened but it seemed to have worked in your favor as you managed to catch the killer. You see the other 2 approaching together now, their actions had aided you in getting the killer. But will you share the bounty?

@just_banter2000

" The cat belongs to Elia Arara. Her family is one of the more wealthy ones Tarrin. She was playing with her cat in the park until it went missing. I suggest that is where you look first. The blue circle is where the park is." The receptionist says whilst handing you a map.

No Caption Provided

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps

" I suppose the first thing we should do is scout the building. Make sure there hasn't been any changes since your last time there. Assuming everything is in order we need to plan how to get in and out. I will leave that to you since you know the place better."

@lunacyde2200

You head on the Arena. " Ladies and Gentleman please welcome Saoirse for her first fight in the Heaven's arena." The Crowd cheers as you step on to the ring. " And now welcome her opponent, Corym" You see your opponent step on the ring and it's the young Gladiator from earlier. " Well hello again. Fancy seeing you here." Before you can reply the announcer shouts " Fight."

No Caption Provided

Race: Nephilim

Body: MCU Captain America

Skill: Maximus(One,Two,Three)

Weapons: Steel Sword and Shield

Like last time prove why you will win.

I may make a counter post.

@thetruebarryallen 1200

"Well it seemed like a way to make more coin while staying in Tarrin so I figured why not. And sure we can team up." Leo explains. The man who recruited you approaches you both " I'm sure you know who the steel dragon are by now but if you don't, we are the biggest and oldest mercenary group in the entire kingdom. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Our rules are simple take what ever contract you get and 10% of the reward comes to us. Right now our biggest customer is ourselves. The Shuraretsu has come in this kingdom from a foreign land trying to usurp as number 1. But we aren't going to let that happen. The first thing you are going to do is killing their new recruits. Send a message to everyone who thinks it's a good idea to join them. You will head out by the docks at night and attack."

@primez0ne

You are taken upstairs where you see a group of people. With a women sitting on a makeshift throne. You can only assume this is the woman you have come to see. As you approach, she speaks to you in a tone that makes it seem like she is mocking you. " I heard you wanted to see me. Well here I am, who are you and what do you want?"

No Caption Provided

@sazzmi

" Quit knocking, I'm trying to sleep!!"

@jacthripper

"So you wish to join the Shuraretsu, well before we can make you one of us you must prove your worth. Spar with my partner here and shows us what you can do."

Just a brief opener on what your character can do.

@darkdementor101@primainterpares

Your search eventually leads you to the killer. Only to see that he has already been killed by someone else. Now the question is whether he will share the bounty with you.

Moderator
Avatar image for primainterpares
#218 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for manaman
#219 Edited by ManaMan (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

"You are just the man I was looking for. The names Marco." Marco introduced himself while trying to hide his releaf that someone was willing to work with him. Marco was just about to give up when this savior of a man showed up in his life.

"Nice to meet you, im ________" Said the man.

"I actually don't know much about the Steel Dragon's but I have more reason than most to hate evil organizations. I'm new to this city, maybe you can fill me in." Confessed Marco.

"Sure, I'll tell you what I know. But I need to know if you can fight. Steel Dragon members are no pushovers." Said the man.

"I know a few spells." Marco said casually, turning invisible and then returning visible after a few moments to demonstrate.

No Caption Provided

"I also know a flashbang spell that will leave your head ringing like a Orcen Church Bell." He paused, adding the next statement almost as an afterthought. "Oh I can also conjure electricity, so I should be fine in a fight. So what do you say, wanna team up?"

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#220 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

Could you describe the person that killed 'The Butcher'

Avatar image for emperorthanos-
#221 Posted by emperorthanos- (16376 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#222 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31571 posts) - - Show Bio

@menos_kegare:

As soon as you leap down, the orcs are already upon you. The first one swings his axe, missing your neck by a mere few inches. You immediately retaliate with a backhand, the force of the blow sending him crashing into the wall with a loud bang. As the others stare in shock, you seize the opening; dashing forward and decapitating one orc, before slicing the other in half, straight down the middle.

The orc in the back retaliates with an axe throw:

No Caption Provided

With your quick reflexes, you grab the other remaining orc, and use his body as a meat shield:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

The final orc begins to flee, only for you to unleash a powerful blast of mystical energy, striking him in the back and causing his body to explode, staining the hall red with gore.

As you continue onward, the tunnel splits into two pathways. With your keen sense of smell, you can tell that the tunnel to the left is the one that is most used, while the right is the one that leads to the captives.

Avatar image for menos_kegare
#223 Posted by Menos_Kegare (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Firstly, I'd like to grab a few of the axes off the orcs corpses.

Use shakkaho to collapse the tunnel on the left. We're taking the right path.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#224 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: "Looks like someone already beat us to it" spoke Ryuga in a disappointed tone! "No matter, at the very least, that's one less killer out on the streets, amirite!" Ryuga said sounding happily, turning to face @prima. "Oh by the way, I never caught your name"

Avatar image for jacthripper
#225 Posted by Jacthripper (14969 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

"So you wish to join the Shuraretsu, well before we can make you one of us you must prove your worth. Spar with my partner here and shows us what you can do."

Oh, so you want to see what I can do? Kyvek left his sword in the ground. He approached the sparring partner, who seemed to be part human and part nephilim. Good, he will heal then "I am Kyvek" he stated flatly. The dismantling that followed was finished before a sword was drawn or a drop of blood spilled. His opponent took a knee and stared up at him in confusion. This confusion was how he had ended up on one knee, which seemed to be attached to a broken leg in a mere matter of seconds. Kyvek knocked him out and said simply to the recruiter; "Don't worry, he'll heal within a day or two. Tharking fake angels." Kyvek had killed many Nephilim, and this man was nowhere close to the proud Nephilim warriors that he had slain over the years. This was going to be an interesting trip...

Avatar image for lunacyde
#226 Edited by Lunacyde (28178 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-

Like a Wine Glass on a Wedding Dress

She was ready and willing to make a mess. Saoirse goaded her opponent, beckoning him toward her with a gesture. “Come and get it.” She offered playfully.

“I intend to.” He smirked casually before dashing towards her, closing the space in a fraction of a second.

She had been waiting for this moment for what seemed like forever. It was actually about a day, but her youthful exuberance had drawn out the hours in painful tedium. “I guess we get to see if you’re as good as you think you are.” Her lance parried the first violent swing of his sword. She stepped to the side bringing the spear around to block a second blow.

“Why don’t you lay down your spear and we can talk about this over dinner?” He offered suavely, attempting to bash her with the shield.

“I’ll pass.” She grimaced. She could feel his strength through the blow, even as her spear intercepted it and turned it aside. She rotated bending with its force. “Impressive, you might not be an easy kill after all.”

“Why thank you, it means so much to impress you“ He countered sarcastically, slashing at her with a series of aggressive attacks. “But where are my manners, I should address myself in front of a lady”, he stabbed his blade forward seeking to curl around the spear, but again it turned aside the attack. “The name is Corym, at your service”, he mocked feigning a blow to her left, then attacking to the right.

“I don’t know what you think you know, but I’m no lady,” Saoirse grunted and she blocked the strike, transitioning into an attack. She went on the offensive for the first time, stabbing her spear forward until it was rebuffed at the last second by his clanging shield.

“Clearly”, he smiled, retreating as another attack reverberated against the shield. "You're sure I can't interest you in some fine food and wine?" He rooted his feet pushing back at her and taking the initiative once more. She was knocked off balance for just a second but quickly regained her footing in the powdery dirt.

"You just can't imagine someone would say no, can you?" She glowered. "Remember, I'm not your average girl." She flexed the lance, creating separation.

“You are not a warrior either”, he taunted hoping to draw her into a rage.

“Is that so?” She remarked. He could hear the malice growing in her voice and lunged forward with a long horizontal slash of his sword, hoping to land a strike as her mind clouded with anger. The devastating blow missed barely, cutting the empty air as she leaped over it, scoring a twisting kick to her opponent’s head. “You can quit anytime gladiator, I won’t hold a grudge”. Her voice dripped with venom as he stepped back, staggered by the blow.

Corym touched his eye, feeling a warm wetness on his fingers. He held it out in front of his face, “A bit of blood and you grow bold little girl.” No sooner had the words left his mouth than his wound had healed. “Perhaps you need a reminder of your place”. He charged her ferociously. A strange anger had taken root in his heart and he beared little resemblance to the man who had calmed her just minutes before the fight.

“Still with the girl jokes? You disappoint me Corym.“ She let out a roar as she met his onslaught head-on, redirecting him to the side. Still, he succeeded in piercing her flesh, inflicting a shallow gash to her bicep. It healed in seconds. Lunging forward she struck with the blunt side of her lance, then snapped the spearhead around, grazing his neck and drawing a slow stream of blood.

“Come now Saoirse, is that truly all you can do?” He laughed at the superficial attack, a mere flesh wound.

Their deadly dance went on like this for a few minutes more; each trading blows and barbed words, the clang of steel cutting through the rumbling arena. She landed 3 hits to his every one, but each wound of hers knit itself shut. Corym grimaced as his wounds accumulated, refusing to heal. “A cursed spear is it?” His breathe began to grow heavier. “Should have known...a treacherous little witch.”

“You figured it out”, she spat, “you deserve a medal”. She spun the lance expertly in her hand deflecting his somewhat lessened blows until she saw an opening. SLITCH, like a bolt of lightning she drew the spear tip across his wrist, severing the tendons and causing him to drop his shield. His fingers fell limp, scarlet blood dripping from them to the dirt below.

“Goddamnit”, he bellowed hacking at her wildly with the sword in his good hand. She weaved around each slash, her lance tip striking like a viper as a rapid series of strikes landed to his chest and legs.

“You can forfeit now... perhaps the healers can save you”, she teased, knowing full well that there was nothing that could be done.

“I’d rather not” He grumbled lowly. “GRAH”, he grunted lashing out in last-ditch effort to kill his foe, but she was ready, reversing her spear and using the blunt end to disarm the sword from his hand. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could the lance pierced his chest, drawing the wind from his lungs. Nothing but blood escaped from his mouth as he keeled over onto the dirt.

“Hell yeah!” Saoirse threw her hands in the air triumphantly as her foe drew his last breath. The crowd went wild. Quickly she spun the spear, centrifugal force cleaning the crimson blood from her spear tip.

Strategy and Evidence

  1. Not a whole lot of strategy here. She’s going to duke it out with him for a while, feel him out and enjoy the fight. She will be taking notes on his style and tendencies as the fight progresses. This is exactly what Cu Chulainn's master ordered him to do in Fate: Stay/Night. Considering her advantage in speed bursts(1, 2) she should be able to keep up with him and land some quick hits throughout the fight. Her reflexes should be superior as well, having displayed superior feats against bullets. Given the spear’s reach advantage and superiority to his weapons, Saoirse should be able to keep him at bay for a while until she decides to really push and finish it. Any minor hits he may land will heal almost instantly, but the hits from my cursed spear will not. The idea will be to use her superior speed and agility (1)to slowly accumulate hits, weakening her opponent and outlasting him. Then, she will finish him with a quick and overwhelming flurry of speed and precision.

    1. Since I could not find a video with English subtitles for the cursed spear I'll post the description here for you to understand what was happening.
      1. ""No, the healing did work. Saber, your current state is one of full health." "..." Saber did not dare to keep her guard down as she kept appraising Lancer with caution, and at the same time stared at the injury on her left arm. The wound did not bleed much and was quite shallow, but the problem was that her sinews were severed. The most important digit on her hand, the thumb, cannot be moved; therefore Saber cannot exert enough strength to grip the sword hilt. Saber knew that there is nothing wrong with Irisviel's healing methods, but the arm was not cured. Her left thumb felt as if it was born crippled, turning completely immobile."
  2. Physically it’s a pretty good match. Saoirse should be a bit faster in bursts and more agile with better reflexes, but Corym is decidedly stronger in raw strength. Durability is pretty close, as is stamina. In regards to speed, Snake-Eyes was capable of flash-stepping Storm Shadow, someone who can deflect bullets with a sword and move faster than normal humans can perceive. I also showed he has impressive agility, able to easily leap over an opponent's head with ease. I provided durability and stamina feats in previous fights, I will provide them again if asked here. I may not be as strong, but I still strike hard enough to punch through stone, and my other advantages are enough to compensate in this fight.

  3. Weapon-wise I clearly have the advantage. My cursed spear will negate his healing factor and gives me a significant reach advantage against Maximus' gladius, which is a short sword. Lancer has experience against short-sword wielders, particularly Archer, who dual wields short-sword and was disarmed 27 times. Eventually, both of these things will grind him down.

  4. Given my level of skill with the spear, he should not be able to break my defense. My skill set was capable of holding off all of the other servants in one to one combat, even while handicapped by Kirei’s command to hold back, and mediocre mana supply. Heroic Spirit Emiya declared that there were not 3 spearmen in all of history who were as skilled as him, and he was holding back at that point. The gladiator is very skilled with sword and shield, but not more skilled than some of the opponents my skill set has defeated, or matched. Yes, Maximus fought 6 men at once and is very skilled, but Cu Chulainn defeated entire armies on his own, through sheer skill and athleticism and killed a hound said to have the strength of 10 men, as a child and unarmed. (Fate: Complete Material III) This should at least be enough, coupled with my other advantages to pull out a contested win against this worthy opponent.

Moderator
Avatar image for darkdementor101
#227 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for primainterpares
#228 Edited by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-

@darkdementor101: "The name is Raelius," he sighed. The elf turned to the other who had clearly slain their prize. @higorm "You there, how did you kill this man?" Raelius strode toward the stranger, eyeing him up the entire time, but putting on a friendly face best he could. "He assaulted a woman earlier, I caused that wound". He pointed to the bloody puncture where the arrow had pierced the man.

Tl;Dr

  1. Raelius questioned the man who had slain his prey.
Avatar image for higorm
#229 Posted by HigorM (8915 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for higorm
#230 Edited by HigorM (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: @darkdementor101: @emperorthanos-:

I'll be honest with you, I wasn't aware of the two of you when I started to chase the Butcher, and believe me when I say, I couldn't reveal myself until de very end, otherwise he would have escaped and more victims would've died, this was the only way to kill him. That being said, I don't mind to share this bounty in the proportion of 50% to me and the other 50 between you guys. I mean, it's only fair considering I did the heavy work.. What do you say?

Avatar image for primainterpares
#231 Edited by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm:

"Seems fair", Raelius' keen elven eyes focused upon the stranger as he spoke. He hesitated a moment, then replied, "Killing that butcher was the most important thing, I should be thanking you for finishing what I started. Perhaps we could work together, it seems we have a talent for it."

OoC- You're not trying to hide anything are you @higorm?

Proof

Storm Shadow can read Baroness' reactions to make conclusions about her truthfulness, even though she has been trained in deceit by "the best".

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

He can also hear heartbeats and breathing patterns, something useful in detecting lies.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#232 Edited by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: @higorm: "you two can keep the bounty! In exchange just treat me to a drink and dinner at a local bar or restraunt! How does that sound?" Said Ryuga, not caring in the slightest about the gold. He looked over towards the corpse of 'The Butcher' and silently activated 'observe'. After scanning his body for any possibly useful information (EmperorThanos- looking at you) he aimed his palm at the now lifeless corpse and fired off a single 'spinning Mana arrow'. "Just double tapping to make sure" said Ryuga to the duo, hoping his actions did not seem off!

Avatar image for primainterpares
#233 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101: "As you wish", the elf replied, eyeing him inquisitively. He was a bit odd, but harmless and he seemed friendly. "A few drinks of the finest ale and some cottage pie sound like a fine idea."

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#234 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darkdementor101
#235 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrimaInterPares: "Uhh. . . Ale . . . Is it alcoholic, because I don't really like being intoxicated!" Said the teen disapprovingly. "It's led to some pretty embarrassing situations in the past"

Avatar image for just_banter
#236 Posted by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:(Assuming that she also told me what the cat looks like)

Gan nodded. "Well, sometimes it's good for a little change of pace, I suppose." Taking the map and thinking the receptionist, Gan left the building and headed towards the park.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#237 Posted by DarkDementor101 (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos- What time of the day is it?

Avatar image for menos_kegare
#238 Posted by Menos_Kegare (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Oh! Probably should have mentioned this - this entire time, Goblone has been breeding the other females I captured previously. lol

Avatar image for higorm
#239 Posted by HigorM (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares: I'm more of a lone ranger but considering the circumstances I guess it should be wise to form some sort of an alliance.

OoC: not lying, Goran is being honest and acting accordingly to his personality and morals.

Avatar image for higorm
#240 Posted by HigorM (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdementor101: sounds like a good idea. I can't refuse a good drink after a bloody fight, tastes better. We should be careful though to not draw too much attention towards our recently formed group.

Avatar image for primainterpares
#241 Posted by PrimaInterPares (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: "I am as well, but Tarrin is a dangerous place. It may be beneficial to have someone with similar ideals to lean on in a pinch and trade information." He smiled reassuringly at his companion at the mention of worry. "Moderation is the word." He winked. "No worries, we will speak in hushed voices."

Avatar image for higherpower
#242 Edited by HigherPower (12297 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

No Caption Provided

"The circled area is where the Mafia operates in near Tarrin. I'd be careful about going after them alone though."

"Can I put in a request for backup before I go? I'll head there now but send assistance the moment you can."

Avatar image for primez0ne
#243 Edited by Primez0ne (9885 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

"You can call me Tigraloth Felleyes. And you ask what do I want? I do not want for anything. I am but a humble creature bound to satisfy others. This organization of yours seems to be the most of need of my abilities so here I am."

While he talked Felleyes drunk in the contents of the room. He made sure to take note of the people's eyes especially. Their every blink, causal dalliance, and the varying lengths of focus they gave to any object. An especially uncomfortable amount of time was spent with Felleyes locking his own gaze with the woman. Usually Felleyes always had at least a twinkling of mischief in his expressions, but now every subtle movement was precise and cold. Even his smile no matter how genuine would have sent shivers down anyone's spine.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#244 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

The Docks

Having been given her first mission Viola went straight to work, gathering what information she could about her target(s) and the location she'll be "greeting" them at.

She asks the following questions of her literal partners in crime:

  • Do we know anything about the recruits; their skill(s), their abilities, their style of fighting, anything that she may need to know before launching an attack on them.
  • Do we know who is meeting the recruits; assuming it's a known gang member, what should I be aware of regarding them?
  • She also asks if there is an armory where she can get some gear before embarking on this task, as of right now she still only has her basic bow, do members get any discounts on equipment, perhaps some black market trading?

Once she's found (or not found) the answer(s) to these questions she heads out to the dock (assuming it's still day) to get a feel for the area; taking note of the vantage points, routes of entry, escape, etc., so that she's well versed in the location before she attempts an ambush later that night.

Once night comes, she'll set up on one of the vantage points (if she found one) and will have Leo (if he joins her on this) setup on another one so they can attack from two different angles. If possible, they'll both remain within eyesight of one another in case one needs to run to the aid of the other.

Viola: Can we just get crackin' already?

Sure, Viola, sure we can.

@emperorthanos-

Avatar image for lan_fan
#245 Edited by Lan_Fan (13272 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

" Goblins usually attack in parties of 6. They like using poisoned weapons and attacking from range. They are highly intelligent, and love setting up elaborate ambushes. They are skilled, agile, and train for bringing down enemies more powerful than themselves. Most goblin encounters just involve them just getting into mischief, messing with cattle, sabotaging carriages, stealing, etc, usually not even looking for a real fight. It's because of this, many novice adventurers underestimate how dangerous it can be to hunt them in their own territory. It's almost impossible to sneak up on a goblin, as they can sense you by your emotions. It's this same ability that lets them operate under the cover of smoke. Some of them have the ability to perform minor illusions. Usually things like invisibility or taking the appearance of children. The latter are called changelings. They usually don't leave the forest." Your mentor explains.

"Word has gotten around that a few members of the Heroes Guild went after some Goblins all got killed. "

"Whaaaa!?? Killed by goblins? That just made me rethink my decision all over again. That's a really bad way to die. How did that even happen?" I replied worriedly.

"Hmmm, judging from your description, they're certainly tricky to deal with, but I still think any group of average monster hunters can take care of them as long as we're careful. With that said, I'm still gonna go with goblins for now. Although, now that I think about it, you didn't answer my question about going in a group or solo. I certainly hope I will be put in a group. Goblins are still scary to some extent." I added.

Avatar image for sazzmi
#246 Posted by Sazzmi (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

"Sleep is nothing but folly, surely you wish to have your freedom once more. No? And to get what you desire, action is required... Action and faith, of course but that's neither here nor there... Anyhow, if you're willing I have something to ask of you..."

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#247 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2582 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

"Sounds about right, only the 2 of us go, don't need any extra dead weight weighing us down. I know a bunch of secret entrances the guards shouldn't know about, so if we follow them we can get in fairly quickly. I assume you're good at stealthing about, cause if you ain't then we're gonna have some issues." Měinǚ responded, quickly and efficiently, almost as if she was desperate to get into the fray.

Avatar image for gaoron
#248 Posted by Gaoron (8809 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-:

Gabriel then whispers to you " I was going to go out and hunt Giants today. If that interests you we can team up for it. "

"Sounds good, let's go"

Avatar image for the_red_viper
#249 Posted by the_red_viper (12620 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: At the mention of assassin groups at war, Támerlein's interest was peaked, and he kept on listening as the two slightly drunk locals went on with their conversation.

Person 1: "Have you heard of the skirmish two days ago down at the eastern market district? Bloody mess, that was. Those assassins came at each other's throats just as the shop owners were closing. Three innocent men were killed in the mayhem, and two stores were all but burned to ash."

Person 2: "Heard about the skirmish?! I was there! Barely got out with my life, I did. City's getting too dangerous."

Person 1: "You're not wrong, no. Starting to get too bloody risky showing your face outside after dark."

Person 2: "Yes, no doubt about that. I would have taken my wife and the boys and seek a new beginning elsewhere... but where would a fisherman make a living other than this bloody city?"

Támerlein decided he had heard enough. Assuming the most innocent face he could muster, he approached the two men.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, I couldn't help but overhear what you just said about that battle. I happened to arrive in the city yesterday, after being driven out of my home by scum of the very same ilk you're describing... I would hate to run into such men here as well. Would you be able to help a poor newcomer and advise me on what areas of the city are best avoided nowadays?"

The two men looked at Támerlein suspiciously for a few moments. Luckily, one of his greatest assets as a spy has always been his strikingly ordinary appearance; he was fit, but not overly muscled, and his face had no unusually prominent feature. All in all, he was just the opposite of what most people would imagine a killer of his caliber would look like, and it didn't take the two men more than a few seconds to come to the conclusion that Támerlein was, in fact, just an ordinary man.

Person 1: "Well, the entire bloody city is plagued, I'll tell you that. But some areas are worse than others. You've already heard about the eastern market district. The White Square, down at the southern end of the city, had also seen its share of violence lately."

Person 2: "Indeed. But most importantly, no matter what you do, make sure you stay well away from the wharves. This is a heavily disputed territory among the assassin gangs and the mafia... there are killings there nigh on every night. You'd do well to stay as far away from there as you can."

Támerlein nodded, thanked the men and left the alehouse. As he started walking down the street, he smiled to himself. "To the wharves it is, then."

Moderator Online
Avatar image for shirso
#250 Posted by shirso (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: Walter gives the lady a once over with his well trained eyes from years of outsmarting much older merchants back in the Capital. She seemed like a native of these parts, she might have some valuable information if only he approached this carefully.

"Well hi there miss", Walter said in his most honey smeared tones, which had made many a rich hostesses' heart skip a beat, "I came to this great city in search of fortune like many others. I wonder if a kind, gracious lady like you could point me in the direction of a honest man's work. You know, I am an excellent cook, I have traveled all over the world and cooked for Kings and Gods alike. I am sure there's room for a man of my talents in Tarrin" Walter finished while flashing his sweetest smile.