Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil gets targeted by Superior Spider-man

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Not being a big follower of DareDevil would someone mind putting this into context?

Since when has DD been considered mentally unstable?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Oh the irony at her being uncomfortable with the thought of a delusional vigilante running around and yet she's talking to Superior....seems legit!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

@Strider92: Basically,

Daredevil and this chick were sort of dating, Foggy told her that Matt was Daredevil because he thought Matt was going nuts, and as a cop, she feels it's her duty to get DD off the streets and into an asylum. The other cops won't do anything about it, so she went to Spider-Man to see if he can talk some sense into Matt. What she didn't know, it seems, is that this Spidey is different than the old Spidey, and Superior Spider-Man wants DD's blood.
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

@Strider92: In the most recent Daredevil story arc, a character called Coyote kidnapped Spot, strapped him to a machine and started using Spot's powers for himself. He then targeted Matt and made it seem to the rest of the world like Matt was slowly going insane. He stole Matt's father's bones from his grave and left them at the Murdock & Nelson law offices, making it seem like Matt had dug them up for whatever reason. Foggy started worrying about Matt's mental stability as a result. Then he teleported to the mental asylum where Matt's wife Milla was a patient, and teleported her to Matt's bedroom. Matt found Milla there and assumed she must have broken out, so he called Foggy and asked him to see if there was anything he could do to have Milla taken back to the asylum without any legal penalty or punishment coming down on her. By the time Foggy reached the asylum, Coyote had already teleported her back into her cell and made it seem like she was there all along. So Foggy started to believe that Matt was hallucinating things that weren't there, and then he told that cop about it too. So now basically there's an NYPD cop with reason to believe that Daredevil has lost his mind, because Matt's best friend told her so.

Hopefully these two scans can sum it up:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@Gambit1024: @CitizenBane: Cheers guys!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@CitizenBane: So thats Spot now? What happened to him?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren

@Strider92: No, that's Coyote. Spot was strapped to a machine that allowed Coyote to use his powers. He was helpless and unable to stop Coyote from leeching off his abilities. In Daredevil #21, Matt freed Spot but the machine did something to him, morphing his body and giving him multiple limbs and stuff. Then Spot took Coyote away for revenge.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@CitizenBane: Ah ok. It's just I saw Spot's profile now has Coyote's picture on it and the summery says Spot is now called Coyote: Spot

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

lol, I like the end, very Bane.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@Strider92: That should be updated. It's no longer true as of the latest Daredevil.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@Omega Ray Jay said:

lol, I like the end, very Bane.

Maybe you have figured it out! Superior Spider-man is Bane!

@CitizenBane: Hopefully someone will upadte it :)

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By powerflux

ive heard rumors that it might be ben riley

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@powerflux: ASM 700 and AvSM 15.1 has actually been released in some areas (including mine) so his identity is now out. I won't spoil it for you but I will tell you that its not Reilly!

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Daredevil might be the first person to figure out spider-ock

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@Death Certificate: Or this could be a wordless preview. For example Spider-man might be saying something out of character like "i'm going to tear you limb from limb" and Matt having known Peter will recognize his heartbeat and the fact that he is telling the truth. His shock could simply that Peter is completely at ease with hurting/potentially killing him.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@Strider92 said:

@Death Certificate: Or this could be a wordless preview. For example Spider-man might be saying something out of character like "i'm going to tear you limb from limb" and Matt having known Peter will recognize his heartbeat and the fact that he is telling the truth. His shock could simply that Peter is completely at ease with hurting/potentially killing him.

I tend to agree with that, but you also have to remember, Matt has worked with Peter quite a lot. They've known each other for a long time and I think Matt will figure something out. He may not know immediately but I think he'll be one of the first to know what's going on. This preview has been out for like a month and they have kept it unlettered. I think there are going to be spoilers in that scene they want to keep hidden.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I feel like Daredevil/Superior's confrontation will obviously be big. I'm not even beyond saying that Murdock will actually have to kill Ock.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

more crap

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Well Superior Spider-man is going to destroy Shadowland in July so it'll be interesting to see how Matt gets involved.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Well Superior Spider-man is going to destroy Shadowland in July so it'll be interesting to see how Matt gets involved.

I didn't know that

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep Superior Spider-man 14 apparently. Not sure how Superior plans on destroying it tbh....short of blowing it up lol but I think Matt may have a few things to say about thats.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Yep Superior Spider-man 14 apparently. Not sure how Superior plans on destroying it tbh....short of blowing it up lol but I think Matt may have a few things to say about thats.

I hope so

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By gotwillpower

@daredevil21134: I can't wait for that fight. I hope Daredevil wins, because I'm really unhappy with Superior Spider-man.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I can't wait for that fight. I hope Daredevil wins, because I'm really unhappy with Superior Spider-man.

I hope he wins too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.