Follow

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Team » S.H.I.E.L.D. appears in 4904 issues.

A U.N. affiliated intelligence agency dealing primarily with terrorism and superhuman threats that was originally founded by the U.S. government.

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Official Trailer

• 107 results
    owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 owie  Moderator

I think I could get into this. But I have to say that the main actors look cheesy. Not very hard-core super-agent-y. Not Nick Fury-y. More generic and vanilla. But with good writing and good use of superheroes, the casting can be ignored.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here is my analysis video on the trailer:

Loading Video...

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Birthright

Patriot?

Rampage should be Luke Cage though.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks...pretty bad.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk why people are saying this looks bad. It looks solid to me. Plus it has an awesome writing team and from the looks of it a pretty big budget. Everybody is prob gonna watch the first episode even if they say they wont lol

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfrehse: Because people want it in 3D. Seriously the series looks great and this is only the trailer for the pilot. They will probably film episodes soon with other heroes. I do stand that J.August Richards is Patriot. Now they need to bring other heroes like Luke Cage, Iron Fist and maybe even Black Panther in.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Master_Thief

@arturocalakayvee: Can't be rage... isn't that xmen territory. Maybe Patriot since he jokes about having a shield

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By slade_wilson

It's not Luke (thank the Lord). It's been confirmed that it's Rage.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jus to throw things on their head id love it if that guy was Isaiah Bradley, a recent 'failed' Super Soldier experiment.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@miss_garrick: A LMD would make more sense, Coulson died on screen during the Avengers(or the LMD "died").

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kidchipotle

@master_thief said:

@arturocalakayvee: Can't be rage... isn't that xmen territory. Maybe Patriot since he jokes about having a shield

Patriot...interesting. That would be surprising considering he's in the "Young Avenger" genre.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

Do hope it turns out to be good, the trailer looks promising.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pspin said:

I want it to be Luke Cage because seeing him in live action would be awesome but I don't want it to be him because a movie would be so much better suited for his character.

i want a heros for hire movie so effin bad

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

This looks even better than CW's Green Arrow. Can't wait!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birthright: oh nice i didnt think of that. Him being Patriot makes a lot more sense

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Well, the way I interpreted the Avengers movie, Coulson didn't die and therefore should NOT be an LMD. However this is a Joss Whedon show and it would not be impossible if he decides to make Coulson a LMD. We'll have to wait and see.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Loki2u

I was underwhelmed by this trailer actually....but I'll still watch the first episode and go from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a long standing love of shows like Torchwood, Warehouse 13, Eureka, and other crazy science/alien/mystical stuff I'm happy to see what Whedon can do with a similar show in an established Marvel Universe.

I think this show is really going to depend on who/what the team's primary villain will be. The trailer clearly indicates it may be another team or even an organization similar to S.H.I.E.L.D. Given the fact that Iron Man 3 ruined (yes, I said ruined, as I thought the use of this organization should have been on a much grander scale) A.I.M and the new Wolverine movie will be making use of the Hand (thus implying Marvel Studios couldn't use the name as they don't own the movie Wolverine rights) it's possible the tv show could introduce the modern HYDRA (possibly under the Thule Society identity), The Corporation, or even Weapons Plus (which I personally think would be the best choice as it gives the perfect scenario for why the team will be facing so many "villain/creature/monster of the week" type of situations as the project continues to churn out experiments). If they nail a counter organization or overall shadow plot early rather than stick with a first season of primarily "villain/creature/monster of the week" type of episodes I think it will help put the show on a good track.

Find it funny how many people hate Coulson. I always enjoyed the "non-superhero"/"fanboy" take his character brought to looking at the situations the films have presented so far. Also the fact that he is basically Fury's right hand guy seems to warrant the level of attention this show will bring to his character.

I don't want a Luke Cage movie (sorry)......I just think it would be horrible because it would play too far into the stereotypes that defined Cage in the 70's and 80's as a result of poor writing (sort of like the Samuel L. Jackson remake of Shaft) even if the acting was good. Putting his character in the show, however, keeps it grounded in the basics of Cage always wanting to do good and protect the people of his neighborhood without needing to build him up to an Avengers level status. The Avengers already have enough big guns and as a result his character would become lost in the masses. Putting him in a tv show would allow him to shine a lot more as the solo (or at least one of a few) superpowered characters the team calls upon from time to time as an ally. Same can be said of Iron Fist and other street-level characters as the show progresses.

RedHood1110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This looks like someone dressed up Torchwood in some Marvel memorabilia and called it SHIELD. I can only hope it comes close to being as good as Torchwood was.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This is amazing.

kanine69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kanine69

This could end up being the greatest show on television. Here's hoping!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By fodigg

If it's about as good as Arrow, then I'm sold. With the Son of Coul, it should be at least that good.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

@jamm313 said:
    No Caption Provided

PLEASE don't let that be Luke Cage. I would love to see Rampage Jackson as Luke Cage he was good in the A-Team and he has the look and the build

Rampage would be an excellent choice. And look, he already has the chains!

As far as the S.H.I.E.L.D. show goes, the teaser had me excited, but the full trailer wowed me. I'm not even a Joss Whedon fan, but this show looks absolutely incredible. My only complaint (unless J. August Richards turns out to be Luke Cage) is that I can't watch this show right this minute.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this looks really good!

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patriot?

Rampage should be Luke Cage though.

I hadn't thought about Patriot but you might be onto something. Either he or Josaih X would both fit this character much more so than Luke Cage. If you notice the way he moves, he seems faster than Cage, which would fit with the super soldier serum. Also the serum has already been established in the movies, so it is one less origin to have to go in depth explaining. I would be very happy if it were either of those characters. Even if Richards is considerably older than Patriot.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

FAN BOY SQUEEL! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH...wait that wasnt a squeel...oh god what have i done...

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rage first appeared in and was originally a member of The Avengers. He then moved on to be best known as a member of the New Warriors. He could have had some history with the X-Men at some point that I am not aware of, but you are probably thinking about a different character.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Quick! Someone give me adjectives 'cause all I can think of is: Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Pretty high quality trailer, though I guess they did make a trillion dollars off of the Avengers.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By blastaar

Damnit. This show is going to be awesome.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, well, well...my interest meter has spiked.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I would have loved for that to be Luke Cage, I would rather see a different actor in the role. Still, I hope they introduce non-solo-film-worthy characters on the show so we can get them into the other MCU movies, like someone like Luke Cage or Spider-Woman.

That way we can focus on the major characters in the solo movies but still get the community vibe in the team-up movies like Avengers 2. I don't want to waste screen time in Avengers 2 explaining who characters are, I want to get to the story and the action.

DC could take a lesson here. Introduce Flash and company on Arrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asides from Clark Gregg and J. August Richards that was really some putrid acting in those trailers. This looks like a show that could be fun to watch, if the acting doesn't scare you away. However, it doesn't look like something that will last long. Regardless, my interest has been piqued.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ok, I am surprisingly excited for this.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for a television show the special effects look great. It looks cool I will be seeing this. I almost get a movie feeling from it. I think it will be like Fringe (which I like) but in the marvel universe.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Looks good so far but looks can also be deceiving. I will withhold judgment until I see the pilot at least.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Who could he be, out of every male character in the Marvel universe who could that mystery guy be? (Those mechanical looking things were attached to his arms right?) What could that be a live action representation of from the comics? Also, just because the actor is African American doesn't mean the character he is playing is one in the comics.

No Caption Provided

And who are the other agents? Made up or in the comics already? If made up for the show, I see Agent Coulsen's comic version getting friends in the future issues his comics.

And this, Having Agent Coulsen faking his death in the movie, but alive in the show gives a great reson why we wont see Chris Evans as Captain America, Hemsworth as Thor, RDJ as Stark, or the other Avengers. His death was important to the team, so the SHIELD show will be sort of hiding from the Avengers, at least in season 1 I am guessing.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see how the actual show turns out, but this trailer looks exceptionally mediocre. Even the build up for Heroes looked better than this.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@moby: arrow is killing itself with each episode. it doesnt need competition.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think about the fact that Marvel has the rights to Punisher Ghost Rider, Daredevil and Blade again *Birdman hand rub*

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it stands up. I'm not letting myself get too optimistic just yet... It looks like it has a bit of a torchwood esque vibe to it though.. and I do love me some torchwood.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

@pspin said:

I want it to be Luke Cage because seeing him in live action would be awesome but I don't want it to be him because a movie would be so much better suited for his character.

Totally agree with everything you said, and I would add despite the guy they have (potentially) playing him being a great actor, he's just a little too thin to be Luke Cage in my opinion.

He is a little small but I bet he could bulk up if he was in a movie instead of the trailer he made, Chis Evans has looked pretty skinny in some movies despite being pretty big as Cap. Same with Hemsworth, but he is always huge

@mercy_ said:
    @pspin said:

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to use the show as a testing ground for lesser known heroes that they want into introduce into the MCU as a whole and use later down the road.

That would be a cool idea but as long as they don't tie down the characters to the series it could work. The only problem I see is that it could get expensive, especially if they try to integrate it with the movie characters and Disney can be some stingy people when it comes to budgeting.

@kriminal said:
    @pspin said:

i want a heros for hire movie so effin bad

If only man, if only. That would be so much better that Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man but it isn't "epic enough." Plus who would they fight? Kingpin might be an option now but there isn't that many iconic street level villains that they could fight that don't belong to Spider-man

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see Coulson being Coulson and not the creepy fan boy from The Avengers. Still...how is he not dead?

Vermoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Vermoot

"What does SHIELD stand for Agent Ward ?" "And what does that mean to you ?"

That voice is CLEARLY Cobie Smulders, returning as Maria Hill.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Looks awesome, hope they introduce lesser known heroes like Misty Knight or Cloak and Dagger. Hope they introduce HYDRA again as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.