The Splatman and Tormenta RPG

Tormenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tormenta

The Black-Clad Assassin stalked through the crowds. They had signs and were screaming as loud as they could. They obviously wanted someone's attention. He was at fairly public place in Washington D.C. He, and all the people around him, were at the gates of the White House. The white arches, the green grass, and the white picket walls were familiar in Tormenta's mind. He had seen it on TV a great many times. The President signed treaties, met with important officials, and made decisions in this building  for the good of the people. This building was his fortress, and because of the nature of his work, also the People's Building. Today, the people were protesting. At least on this side, the side nearest the walls, they were protesting for an Anti-Mutant Act. They wanted the President to sign the bill and set it in motion. "Those abominations don't deserve to live here!" "How can we live with people we can't trust!" "Put mutants in collars and chains!" They chanted rhythmically in no particular order.   

In this sort of place, the Disciple of Deception had decided to wear a large overcoat and Detective's hat in the chilly morning, winter air. The garments concealed his weapons and his suit; which would be very recognizable, since he was an up-and-coming superhuman. If he waltzed through the place without the extra clothing he knew he would get scathed by the Anti-Mutant crowd. It, however, was surprising to him that so many people could show up on the basis of hate. They all shared a particular hate in Mutants. He could see it as they spat out the chants. It was as if they reviled all Mutants, even if that Mutant was their best friend. It sort of disgusted him. At sort of events, Tormenta knew there would be an outbreak of violence. That was the only reason he had come. This crowd could easily turn into a mob. He had come especially to make sure nothing of the sort happened. 

Unnoticeable, The Disciple of Deception slipped across the street into another crowd. He saw the familiar faces of mutants. Most of the people here were against the Anti-Mutant Act. Most had visible defects; green skin, extra limbs, bigger frames. They were very much different from the crowd amassed on the other side of the street. Tormenta kept a steady pace through this new crowd. He heard their chants, antonyms to what he heard across the streets. "Mutants are just tax-paying Americans!" "We are trustful, we can help with do good with our abilities!" "Chains are not humane! We are humans too!" Tormenta continued to cross the street, walking through both crowds which seemed to get larger as the day wore on. At the climax of the day, at two o'clock, he realized things were going to get violent. People were throwing objects across the street at the other group. 

Bottles and signs were smashing into helpless people. People were getting hurt. Angry voices were now building up. Tormenta saw it before anyone else did. He knew some in the two groups would come to the middle of the street and start an all-out brawl. Then the two crowds would merge into one large mob. It happened quickly, the most aggressive protesters running across the street in a frenzy. Then the fighting started. Tormenta's vision flew to the nearest fight. It was a very unfair one. Five Anti-Mutant protesters had cornered a helpless-looking Mutant and were closing in on him. The Black-Clad Assassin reacted quickly. He slid through the crowds which were now focused completely on the fights. He was just in time. As the first punch came towards the young Mutant's face, Tormenta punched the arm and it moved in an unnatural way away from the Mutant. Tormenta heard a familiar crack. "Ahhhh! You freak!" His prey yelped in pain and backed away.

Tormenta had shattered his elbow, and the arm was completely broken. Th Black-Clad Assassin jumped in-between the fallen youth and the four remaining protesters and then he raised his hands. "Who's next?"

The Splatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The Splatman
"Those abominations don't deserve to live here!" Well, that's not true, we're normal people. "How can we live with people we don't trust!" You live with each other, don't you? "Put mutants in chains and collars!" Well, that's just unnecessary. We're people too. 

The other side of the road was covered with such a hating flock that Matt hadn't even considered the possibility of the overflow. He expected the lines to remain expertly drawn, until he saw five guys walking towards him, wearing leather jackets. Real tough guys, by reality TV standards. As the lead guy made his way closer, Matt clenched his fists, not one to allow a fight. He was surely outnumbered, and he wouldn't start it, but he wouldn't hesitate to fight back. Or would he? 

"Hey freak! Lookie what we have here, boys... A kid with a gene problem. What're you gonna do little mutie? You gonna yell for help? You gonna blow up half of America with a sneeze? Well? Answer me!" The guy shoved him, and his friends chuckled. Matt sighed and shook his head. 

"Look, I don't want any trouble fellas. I didn't do anything wrong. Had I not shown up, you guys would never have known I was any different." Apparently, the guys didn't really like being compared to a "mutie". The leader got really aggressive, and shoved Matt again. And right after, another grabbed him, holding him open for the attack. As the leader reared back for the big punch, Matt loosened the molecular attraction of his face, and anybody watching him would notice that all of his facial features, except his eyes, disappeared from his face, so that nothing broke. However, nobody checked. Matt closed his eyes, and as he expected the punch, waited. He heard a sick crack and flinched, waiting for the pain. It never came.  

"Ahhh! You freak!" Matt opened his eyes and reformed his face, thinking he had somehow inadvertently hurt his assailant. He realized that another had joined the little party, a man dressed in a trench-coat and hat. Very Sherlock Holmes. The leader grasped his broken elbow, beginning to cry. 

"Who's next?" The man's voice was fluid and controlled, dangerous by any standards. Matt looked at him, then the group, which scattered very quickly. Shaking off the fear of getting beaten, Matt turned to the man. 

"Hey, alright, man. I appreciate the help. Matt Malign, man. Nice to meet you." Matt held out his hand. Without waiting for acknowledgement, he continued. "How often do you come to mutant rallies and just break Sapien arms, man? You could make a full time job of it from what I hear. Uh, let me thank you properly, lemme buy you a beer." Matt didn't know how to thank a stranger. And as he was planning a pretty big roadblock very soon, Matt needed to get away. It wouldn't  be long before Splatman made his appearance and the American government got yet another thorn in their side that they'd need to cover by saying terrorists. Exactly one minute later, every car that belonged to a human spontaneously set on fire, causing many injuries and no deaths, yet. As Secret Service agents ran around, trying to figure things out, Matt nods the other way. "Bar that way." He smiled and walked.
Tormenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tormenta

The Black-Clad Assassin's recent victim nursed his arm as he glared towards Tormenta. His eyes burned with fury; but he turned, no doubt realizing that the group was no match for this new addition. One freak was enough. The one on the ground had been easy to push around. This new figure wasn't going to be that easy to push. His fluid movements were wickedly fast; despite a large over coat hindering some of his flexibility. Even without minimal flexibility, Tormenta's victim knew all too well, didn't also mean he lost his strength. The Mutant-hating human quickly fled. His friends didn't expect him to back down with their numbers, and only after he was ten feet away, did they finally realize he had gone. They quickly followed their leader.

The Disciple of Deception looked towards the Mutant he had saved. The man seemed to shake off his fear of almost getting beat; however he still had a few words to say. "Hey, alright, man. I appreciate the help. Matt Malign, man. Nice to meet you." The boy, Matt, held a hand out. Tormenta took it and shook it respectfully with his gloved hands. Matt continued eagerly. "How often do you come to mutant rallies and just break Sapien arms, man? You could make a full time job of it from what I hear. Uh, let me thank you properly, lemme buy you a beer."  Tormenta grinned. He felt naked with his mask in his pocket and not on his face.  The two stood there for a moment. The Black-Clad Assassin studied Matt for a moment. Tormenta shook his head and relinquished his evaluation as Matt finally broke the ice. "Bar that way." 

The police had begun to show up to disperse the fight. Tormenta decided that the local police had arrived quickly because the Secret Service, posted on the White House lawn just inside the gate, had probably alerted them of the disturbance. The police sirens wailed, louder and louder, as the police arrived. The crowds quickly ran to escape arrest. Many of them did, but the unfortunate ones faced a few days in jail as they were processed. Tormenta and his new accomplice, Matt, didn't have to worry about that. They were already at the bar by the time the arrests started. "I'm John Stoudemire," the Disciple of Deception said as he opened the door to the bar for Matt.

Matt entered and Tormenta followed. They sat on stools, the waiter slowly sifting towards them as he dealt with other bar patrons. "I break 'Sapians' arms everyday. Plus there legs. And usually there heads," the Black-Clad Assassin finally conceded.

The Splatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Splatman
"I'm John Stoudemire." The promised land. A name meant a friend. Matt knew it probably wasn't his real name, most people operated under different names in different areas, but it was a start. He glanced at the bar patron, who finally made his way over, taking Matt's look to be one of annoyance. With a rather rude tone, the waiter asked what they would have. Matt told him two brews and be quick. After Abraham Lincoln became acquainted with the waiter's hand, he left the two at the bar, with three seats in between them and the closest patron. 

"You say you hurt Sapiens all the time... err... Sapiens. Do you use the term to describe non-mutants? It's a term I picked up from an old friend, who... Well, he didn't make it. Anyways, you say you hurt them often... Is that your job? Sapien hunter? I know a few of our kind are really getting into the... business." He shook his head. He wasn't much for hurting people. He'd much rather hurt The Man. But who was he to judge a man? As the bartender brought the drinks back, he set them down. He waited for another tip, and when Matt just looked at him, he got angry and stomped away. Sapien. Matt looked around the bar, quickly taking into account that he and this John Stoudemire were the only two known Superiors in the bar. Everyone else seemed normal. Then again, so did Matt if you didn't know he could turn into anything he wanted. Literally. 

He turns back to look at John, who is casually drinking his beer. 

"So what is it, man? I mean, what brought you to that rally? Are you a Superior, or...? Just someone who doesn't give a damn about anyone?" Matt would rather hear the man was mutant, but... He had to ask. Better safe then sorry.
Tormenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tormenta

Tormenta remained quiet for a moment. He didn't like to be too obvious. No matter what the case, too much information would mean a lethal weapon for all of the Disciple of Deception's enemies. He wanted to take it easy. The bartender eventually found himself in front of the two companions. He had a naturally looking scowl on his face. There was a dull scar across his neck, showing a bit of his past. Coupled with the facts that the bartender looked dirty enough not to have had a bath in a week and he smelt like liquor made him seem like a bitter drunk. "So what'll it be kids," Tormenta watched as the bartender snapped towards Matt.Any other timeTormenta would have straightened the bartender out but he didn't want to scare away a free drink. "Two brews and be quick," Matt generously retorted. Tormenta's new friend slid across a five dollar bill towards the waiter and the bartender went to fulfill the order. 

Just as he expected the young man to, Matt turned to Tormenta."You say you hurt Sapiens all the time... err... Sapiens. Do you use the term to describe non-mutants? It's a term I picked up from an old friend, who... Well, he didn't make it. Anyways, you say you hurt them often... Is that your job? Sapien hunter? I know a few of our kind are really getting into the... business." Tormenta could see it bothered Matt that the Black-Clad Assassin was so open about hurting people. The Disciple of Deception could see under the tough, outer exterior of Matt. A side of rebellious nature, one that Tormenta could blindly see; he was an observer after all. Tormenta almost responded but the bartender returned. He put the two drinks on the table rudely, contents splashing out of the bottle. The Black-Clad Assassin looked towards Matt. He expected the bartender to leave. Out of the side of his eye, he caught no movement though. 

Tormenta looked at the man who had his hand outstretched towards Matt expecting another pay off. Matt stood his ground though, and finally the bartender scurried off seeing his influence too weak to handle the two newcomers. Matt continued to stare at the man, watching his back as he walked off and began conversing with new customers. Tormenta grinned exasperated and grabbed one of the bottles. He put it to his lips and felt the stench of alcohol as it wafted to his nose. Tilting his head back, Tormenta poured the liquid down his throat. It burned his throat's wall for a few moments as he gulped it down. The Black-Clad Assassin finally exhaled out, satisfied at the taste.  "So what is it, man? I mean, what brought you to that rally? Are you a Superior, or...? Just someone who doesn't give a damn about anyone?" Tormenta blindly guessed that Matt wasn't exactly into humans. He called them Sapians. The Disciple of Deception could see Matt wasn't to enthusiastic about even talking to humans. The fact he thought his powers made him a Superior also told Tormenta a little bit about his personality.

"Well I don't define myself as a Superior. Whatever that slang is you use. I am a Mutant. I'm proud of it." Tormenta continued with another gulp of alcohol which silenced him for a moment. He bit his lip as the taste flared in his throat, ceasing anymore words. Recovered, the Disciple of Deception continued. "I am in the business of hurting people...and when I mean "people," I mean all people. Sapien or Superior. If you do something wrong, expect to see me in front of you. I broke that boy's arm without any effort. That's a little example." Tormenta turned in his tool and faced Matt. He took one more gulp of the alcoholic drink and then waited as his throat recovered. Then he spoke again. "Now, I knew there was going to be at a fight at that rally before anyone else. I also know you have a secret demeanor underneath what you're showing me, I can see it in your eyes. Anyways, that's what brought me to the rally. I was trying to keep the peace; I'm a peacekeeper. One that offers ultimatums. My ultimatums only have two choices."

Tormenta smiled softly to Matt, letting the Mutant absorb the information. Then he grinned, "Oh, I really don't give a damn about anyone too."

The Splatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Splatman

Matt shakes his head, realizing that the man thought he had Matt's personality pegged to a T. Matt looked behind John, seeing three Sapien women, rather attractive, staring at the two of them and giggling. He turned back to John. 

"You see, the thing is... You're wrong about me. I lay it all on the line. I can tell you think I don't like Sapiens. Well, I do. I admire them for their candor to stand up against people who have, at their disposal, what might be weapons of mass destruction. Although, Sapiens have been doing that for ages, just against themselves. But I can tell you think I'm some "I'm Above the Humans" creep. I'm really not. I'm not into even hurting them, if I don't have to. Notice that I didn't attempt to fight those guys back? Consider what I can do..." 

He holds out his left arm, which instantly reshapes into a knife, then a hammer, then a mace, then a saw. 

"I had nothing to be afraid of, other than there was six of them. You see, I'm more interested in hitting them where it really hurts... Their government. The American Government. Fat, lazy bureaucrats with all the money they could want? I WANT. I want to show them that America is the people's. I don't know if you watch the news, John, but in seven states there have been over sixty fires, none of which resulted in death. I'm careful, John. And you tell me that you like to hurt people, Sapiens and Superiors alike... Well, I--" 

He stops when he notices the three women coming over to them, sauntering sexually with no regards to other patrons. They only had eyes for the two. 

"Hey boys... We were just wondering if we could buy you drinks?" Matt could tell they were drunk. He agreed, however, and they took seats around them. Matt smirked and looked secretly at John, giving him a "Watch this" glance. 

"So ladies... Where are you from? No, better yet, where are your parents from?" The girls took the odd question into consideration, and when they answered, Matt grinned. He turned to John, reconfigured his face to look exactly like John's, and turned back around. The girls noticed, but before they could say anything, Matt's face was normal. They all blinked and rubbed their eyes, thinking the drink had gotten the better of them. 

"Well, I'm Matt and this is John, and we're what you call... Mutants. Do you know what that is? Have you heard about us?" 

The girls just nodded, amazed as his bluntness and the fact that they were terrified of mutants. One of the girl's father was even a mutant bounty hunter. She didn't mention it. 

"Now, let me ask you something, John. Could you hurt these innocent women? Or do they have to do something wrong? Consider that two are prostitutes, and I've seen the other at an Anti-Superior rally. What do you think?" The girl didn't have to mention her father. Matt had a photographic memory.

Tormenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tormenta

"You see, the thing is... You're wrong about me. I lay it all on the line. I can tell you think I don't like Sapiens. Well, I do. I admire them for their candor to stand up against people who have, at their disposal, what might be weapons of mass destruction. Although, Sapiens have been doing that for ages, just against themselves. But I can tell you think I'm some "I'm Above the Humans" creep. I'm really not. I'm not into even hurting them, if I don't have to. Notice that I didn't attempt to fight those guys back? Consider what I can do..." Tormenta defiantly watched as his companion retorted his words. However, as Tormenta continued to watch his companion, the Disciple of Deception could see what Matt was trying to explain.  His arm transformed into a whole new thing all together. Tormenta watched as Matt's hand converted into a knife. The weapon looked sharp and very realistic. Then it quickly fluctuated into a hammer. Following that came two more conversions into a mace and then a sharp saw. The Disciple of Deception could see Matt's hand quickly revert back into a normal hand as the man took another gulp of his beer.

"I had nothing to be afraid of, other than there was six of them. You see, I'm more interested in hitting them where it really hurts... Their government. The American Government. Fat, lazy bureaucrats with all the money they could want? I WANT. I want to show them that America is the people's. I don't know if you watch the news, John, but in seven states there have been over sixty fires, none of which resulted in death. I'm careful, John. And you tell me that you like to hurt people, Sapiens and Superiors alike... Well, I--" Tormenta shook his head. Even with those abilities, you need to hone them in order to properly use them. The Black-Clad Assassin could see Matt going down a thin line, and he hoped his similarly youthful companion wouldn't fall off of it. As Tormenta heard the words though, he knew that Matt was consumed with hurting the Government. Matt's attempts were futile in such a large country such as America. Like causing a few fires would stop a whole Government? Tormenta couldn't really believe in Matt's cause. To get through to people, you had to significantly threaten them. Tormenta was a master at this sort of thing. A veteran would inform officials of his intentions; if they didn't listen, then a veteran dealt them hefty, hurtful blows to their egos and their bodies.  That was just the way it was, the Black-Clad Assassin had learned. And so Tormenta had adapted to that way of life too. 

There was a long moment of silence. Tormenta looked up at Matt who was looking somewhere else. The Black-Clad Assassin turned and saw what his companion was looking so intently at. Three women stood side-by-side. They had their eyes glued to the two Mutants. As they walked over, they created very unique sexual connotations. Tormenta couldn't believe how the three women could totally ignore the patrons around them and totally throw themselves out there to an area of no return. The Disciple of Deception lifted an eyebrow in an interested way. One of the three women walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder. She had red lipstick on and her nails were similarly painted. She was a brunette with hazel eyes and her face was as soft and velvety as a baby. She could have been a Hooters calender girl or a Play Boy Bunny easily. Instead though, she was here flirting with him.  
"Hey boys... We were just wondering if we could buy you drinks?" Another girl said through slurring words. Tormenta could understand how drunk the girls were and it made him grin. "Sure, my friend Matt will gladly like that." Tormenta responded with a laugh. The beautiful, brunette girl sat on his lap and Tormenta caught a strong whiff of an intoxicating perfume. His eyes almost rolled into the back of his head when the girl turned and put her finger on his nose. "I like how you treat women," she winked. "I'm Eva." Tormenta smiled back at her. "I'm John." Eva smiled at Tormenta, put her hand on his thigh, and then licked her lips. "John is my favorite name for a guy...I find it so interesting." Tormenta nodded his head. "I like the name Eva." The Black-Clad Assassin conceded.

Tormenta looked over to Matt who gave him a small wink. "What is he going to do now?" Tormenta thought to himself.  "So ladies... Where are you from? No, better yet, where are your parents from?"  Tormenta only heard Eva's response. " Mine are from Florida and Georgia." However, the Black-Clad Assassin kept his eye trained on Matt who gave a wide grin and then somehow copied the Disciple of Deception's face.  The young Mutant then turned so all three women could see and then, before they could respond, his face returned to normal. Tormenta could feel Eva's grip tighten on his leg as she began to think something here wasn't exactly normal. "Well, I'm Matt and this is John, and we're what you call... Mutants. Do you know what that is? Have you heard about us?" Matt continued to talk, giving away the two Mutant's only secret. The three women nodded and Tormenta could see the muscle in Eva's neck tighten. She was becoming tense with this sort of casual change into another subject. Matt turned back to Tormenta and his face turned serious. "Now, let me ask you something, John. Could you hurt these innocent women? Or do they have to do something wrong? Consider that two are prostitutes, and I've seen the other at an Anti-Superior rally. What do you think?" 

Tormena could see Eva's face become more sullen. She was obviously the Anti-Superior protester. It didn't bother Tormenta though. He wasn't like Matt. The Black-Clad Assassin could care less about Eva being a protester. He could change anyone's opinion, no matter how deeply their beliefs  were ingrained into them.  "First of all," Tormenta said angrily. " I don't like to hurt humans. It's my job to hurt bad people." The Black-Clad Assassin didn't know how much easier to explain it. Tormenta took a long sip of beer and then continued. "Secondly, if you like Sapians in a way, start calling them humans." Eva turned to Tormenta. He gave a sorry glance, attempting to sooth her tense body with a soft back-rub "Your little attempts at destroying the Government is futile, Matt. You have no direction and with the stunt you've just pulled; no class either. If you want to be careful, you attract as little attention as you can. That's what I learned and that's what you should learn too. I know how to deal with Governments because it's my job." Tormenta lowered Eva back onto the ground cautiously and got up from his stool. He gave her a small paper with his number on it and then looked towards Matt. "If you want to learn how to deal a hurtful blow you'll listen to me and call me tomorrow. By then you won't be as drunk." He offered Matt an identical piece of paper and put it on the table. 

Then the Black-Clad Assassin left the bar. He hoped that Matt would realize his wrongs and, even more, hoped that Matt would just follow him out so they could talk now and not later. The bar was getting to hectic, Tormenta noticed this fully when a thousand and one faces followed him until he exited the bar. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, Tormenta took a left down towards a parking lot where he had valeted his valuable car.