Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Shatoya_Jasper

Fasha System, Planet Urik - Present Day

No Caption Provided

Paladin's Log: I've finally made my way to the Fasha System, I've taken refuge at what could be considered an airbnb? on the planet Urik. My ring sent out a message to shelter in place, so unless I magically learn how to operate a spacecraft; I'm here until I can resume operations. Ring charge is sustained at 96%. I have enough juice to make it to my next destination. Other than my current location, I have nothing major to report. I will venture out in plain clothes today to update Paladin files on the planet Urik. Shatoya out.

I look up from my bed, and there's a woman with fire for hair, but that's not the crazy part she this wing and fin combinations going on--it's wild. I'm still trying to figure how I went from sitting on the couch watching Power to sharing a room with a winged-dragon fire-lady; no matter how hard I try, I can't make it make sense.

"Would you like something to eat?" She asks. I shake my head no, but I'm thankful for this ring. I don't speak winged dragon lady--hell, I don't know any of the languages on Earth. My 'roommate' is pretty cool; she is from another system; she was on her way to the Keilan System when the travel advisory went out. I'm not on an official mission; therefore, I was forced to shelter in place. I blow a massive sigh of boredom before I can feel my ring buzzing, I'm getting a transmission. I have to duck away to receive the message; otherwise, my winged friend might get curious.

Incoming Transmission from Emerald Drake: Agent Jasper, I've entered the Fasha System. Rendevous with me on the Planet Urik at these coordinates.

I resist my cultural urge to ask 'who's all going to be there', As the green light on my ring wanes, I'm standing in awe at the thought of meeting another member for the first time since Psalm. Psalm, just the name makes me shudder, but that grumpy old moon seemed to think I was ready for the big time. I slip on my boots and throw my jacket over my shoulder, and head towards the door only to have my roommate call out from behind.

"Be careful," She says; I simply nod before disappearing beyond the door.

6 months prior.

No Caption Provided

I slowly stir awake and I'm blinded by the sun's rays as they penetrate our blinds. Instinctively I use my hands to flush the sleep from my eyes, I can hear the bed quaking slumber from my husband Titus resounding like cybals in my ears. Poor guy he never stood a chance.

Last night was our "Date Night" a night which we turn off all distractions and simply focus on each other. After several rounds of drunk uno we proceeded to try our hand at baby making. Not entirely sure if it's working, but I love trying.

I ease out of bed just enough to free myself but not enough to wake Titus, he's one of those people who wake up violently. The James River beside our apartment is steady, steady enough to bring the fisherman out from all over the city. From time to time I watch them jump with joy as they've landed a fish, I can also see the Bike Race from my apartment--It's as beautiful as it is expensive.

Neither of us have to work today, which is good because I don't feel like dealing with people. My job isn't the best, I work as a cashier in Food Lion, while Titus works at the Great Value plant down near the Squirrels Stadium. My paychecks are typically only good for extra-curricular activities, he makes more than enough but acts like Julius from 'Everyone Hates Chris'.

I glance at my phone and see I have 4 missed calls from my Mother and one from my Dad, It's been 2 years since I spoke to either of them, after what they pulled on my wedding day I don't think I could ever talk to them again. They weren't very found of Titus, he has a past; he got caught up in those cash app frauds circling around years ago and did a bit of time. We met shortly after my 19th Birthday, got married when I turned 21 and we've been together ever since.

"Damn girl you just gonna smash and dash?" His raspy morning startles me. I turn with a curious brow wondering how the hell he managed to wake up even after I went through the trouble to not be extra?

"I was going to make breakfast, but considering it's the middle of the day. You can treat me to wherever." I say placing the grits back in the cabinet. I begin a stroll over to him when there's a police-like pounding at the door. My head immediately darts in the direction of the pounding. I then glance back at Titus and give him a look as to ask 'are you expecting someone' he shrugs his shoulders and then we both yell out in unison. "WHO IS IT?" No answer. I know it's not any of our friends, because they would simply say 'It's me' and you'd have to rack your brain about who me is.

The pounding gets louder, finally Titus wraps the bedsheets around himself and moves to open the door. When the door swings open we're greeted by a mammoth of a man. White skin, polished black hair and eyes as blue as the pacfic.

No Caption Provided

I look at Titus who's dark skinned but his flesh has glazed over, before turning back to the unknown visitor. "Are we being audited?" I ask with a furrowed brow. The two of them share a tension-filled stare before the man finally says.

"Do you want to tell her or should I?" I immediately think the worse and I smack them both, I'm not entirely sure what I need to be told but if it's what I think it is, someone is going to die.

The White Man didn't even react to my slap it didn't even phase him. The irritation in his eyes subsides before finally he says something I don't think anyone would be prepared for. "General Titus, we've analyzed the line in succession. You are the new King of Kandrosi. Your people need you." His jaw drops, my jaw drops and our nosey ass neighbors periodically peek from around the corner. What a day.

Planet Urik- Present Day

No Caption Provided

Because this is an official meeting I come adorned in my Paladin gear, Green was never really my color but I'll be damned if I didn't make it mine. On Psalm, the miserable moon explained that most Paladin Knights went their entire careers without encountering another Knight, so what's the meaning of this meeting?

I can't resist the urge to stop tapping my feet, the last time I saw another knight was on Psalm we were all training together, though I'm sure I set some sort of record for the Order. Most Knights leave Psalm after two years, I left after two months! Psalm told me there was a determination in soul, one he hadn't seen since Emerald. He doesn't know what I lost. I'm completely dialed in to find what was taken from me.

The woman that I'm meeting was the previous record holder Emerald Drake, aka Emerald Canary. She managed to get of Psalm in just under a year. I knew better than to get here on time, because the Canary is late. But given her position in the Order I wouldn't dare risk being late considering she's something of a legend.

I chose a swamp as our meeting place, the noises of the alien animals, and the toxic gases will make it hard for any one to pick us out. Luckily for us we can turn down the annoying Emerald glow as we see fit.

In the distance I can see her beautiful emerald light, It's quite awe inspiring to see for yourself, though I don't think I'll ever be able to tell the difference between us and the Sentinels.

No Caption Provided

As she lands I notice that she's human! It's kind of surprising considering almost all of the Knights on Psalm were alien. She's fair-skinned with blonde hair, but even from far off I can tell she's mixed with a little something.

I stand to greet her, but she motions for me to sit. She then proceeds to walk around me with her hands behind her back as if she's sizing me up.

"What planet are you from?" She asks, my ring pings the Portaguese accent in her voice which confirms for me that she's an Earthling.

"I'm from Earth" I reply keeping my answer short, I don't know what protocol dictates meeting senior members--or if there is a protocol.

"Just as I thought. You were on Psalm when the events took place. We need to get you spun up. Earth was attacked by the Imperium and the Talmut Empire"

She looks at me as if she's waiting for me to express some shock, but when you LIVE on Earth, you get used to it being attacked. "You don't seem surprised" She says, I think my calm demenor disarmed her.

"Well, Earth is always being attacked. Let me guess? New York?" It's always New York. She simply shakes her head, I feel like I've agreed to some sort of galaxy gossip meeting, but playing the role of the rookie I ask.

"What's the Talmut Empire? What's the Imperium?" The Canary takes a seat next to me, before using her ring to show me various space empires, and honestly I only recognize Earth.

"The Talmut Empire is a gang of organic brutes that own this entire area of space" Once I see the sheer size of the empire, and realize how close I am to it, I struggle to keep my eyes in my head.

"The Imperium is a machine empire that spans thousands of sectors, they raze organic life" She says showing a few of the Imperium Hotspots, as I watch small recollection of both empires I immediately regret that the decision to take the ring.

"Why did they attack Earth?" I ask now concerned that these two forces succeeded in doing what no one had done before.

"They were lead by the exhiled Ninjan Queen Madison, she became the Avatar of Fear and sent the Yellow Impurity flying across the cosmos. Apparently a group of famous heroes from Earth stopped her"

Ninjans? Queen Maynard, I don't know where but I've heard those names before. "Maynard usurped the Talmut throne. With her death, she's left a power vacuum in the Talmut Empire. You new mission is to infiltrate Alzidium and assassinate the leader of the Revenge Party. This'll ensure we deal with the Talmut threat once and for all. Though the batteries have been destroyed, be careful of any lingering Yellow Sentinels.

I stand up and throw my hands up. "Yellow Sentinels? that sounds like a job for the Corps. Not us. No disrespect ma'am. I don't work for you" no sooner than I say it I can hear my ring rattling off the same mission specifics--embarrassing.

6 Months Prior

No Caption Provided

"So let me get this straight, you come from a species of all males?" I say it, and he knows what I'm implying. I'm pissed off not exactly because of THAT, but also not not because of that--It's complicated.

"My people were created by the Spirit Current. It created a male embodiment named Derrekken and under it we served our King as the Kandrosi. Current also created a female emboidment named Ninjeta and her people served her as the Ninjans. Ninjans and Kandrosi are the same, but the Ninjans don't see it that way. They are the most Xenophobic species I've ever met. Anyways, there was a war between our King Mannahar and his twin sister Zavanna (Madison) and she destroyed our homeworld. 98% of Kandrosi were wiped out, the 2% of us that are left were living elsewhere when the destruction came."

His story leaves me with more answers, and now tears. Damn it, I hate tears. So many things going through my head, and the only clear thing is that my parents were right. "W-why do you have to leave?" I can barley pick my head up from the table, this feels like one of those situations where your date sucks; so you have your homegirl call you with a fake emergency.

"I've been made king. I need to find my people a new home. Find a way to replenish our numbers, and when I do I will come to get you my Queen" the other Kandrosi steps into view Titus touches my face, and it's like I suspended in time. That is, until I realize that's exactly what he's done. He knew I wouldn't let him leave, but now he's gone.

Tears fall from my face, but my head involuntarily shakes no. I won't let this happen this way!

To be continued.

Alexander_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retired my ass.

Brilliant work as always!

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retired my ass.

Brilliant work as always!

I said I wasn't doing any RPG's I never said I'd stop writing blogs lol

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art though. Helps set the entire vibe. Cool stuff

Levi_Laos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

+1 on what G said, the aesthetic is dope. Nice work :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art though. Helps set the entire vibe. Cool stuff

I know right!?

+1 on what G said, the aesthetic is dope. Nice work :D

Thank you.

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome! I feel like I'm finally starting to comprehend some of this interstellar stuff that's been going around the Vine for forever! That was a really useful little recap for people like me that always wondered what the Talmut, Ninjeta, and Kandrosi were.

Man I wish you weren't retired so I could get on Farseeker and start helping with his database of viable planets.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@humansfirst: We can do an interaction. I think my "retirement" was lost an translation. I'm just not participating in anything major. I'm down for something small

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: Nice! I'll run something by you asap. Hopefully today, Wednesday at the latest.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Reading this when I get home 👀

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

I've said it once I'll say it again. Freaking love your writing

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Campbell is a dope AF artist for real though

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Love how you touched on so much space info and got new info in Derrekken is somebody I remember from Trinity days. And this artwork is so special because it shows textured Black hair outside of a blonde fade and the Soul Glo fro. Sadly rare in comic art.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I approach alongside him, but as we reach the edge of the manicured lawn I allow myself to trail farther and farther behind my newest associate. I watch as the ivory titan raps his knuckles on the door of the modest home, eventually pounding on it with greater and greater impatience.

Not exactly the way you'd normally call the attention of a king, but the current circumstances merit urgency, not decorum.

When the door finally opens I can see what had caused the delay, and what might sabotage our current objective altogether. A rather impressive looking female of Terra's dominant species strides to the side of the recently crowned king, both dressed in garments (or a lack thereof) that leaves little wonder as to the nature of their relationship. I am not surprised when the woman's level of aggression increases, though it is with some unease that I watch her lash out at both the King of the Kandrosi and his servant.

She is spirited, passionate, and clearly in the throes of love, or more accurately, love soon to be lost. It is a feeling I am familiar with, but one that died long ago.

With a twinge of remorse, I watched Titus, the towering raven king, slip his hand from her face, leaving her to watch as we take our leave. There is much pain in that stare, but much determination as well. I watch as the regal Kandrosi, one of the last from what I am told, departs without looking back. He had promised to return for her, but some instinct tells me that we will not have to wait that long.

The hiss of a pressurizing cabin interrupts my thoughts. I board the Sanngetal and follow my allies, beaming them the coordinates to the first of many planets with an environment suitable to their kind. I am determined not to allow the fate of my people to become theirs, refuse to watch as another of the universe's few civilizations meets a slow death, lingering death.

We agree on the first of the coordinates, slip into sub-space, and push on.

Still I cannot push the image of her eyes from my mind. I know we shall see her again. I do not know when. I do not know how. I only know that if there is any possible method of pursuit, she will take it, and she will succeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shatoya_Jasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker

6 Months Later

No Caption Provided

They just managed to circumvent the massive Talmut and Imperium fleet that blew through Ninjan defenses as they barreled toward Earth. He hadn't said anything, but the small assortment of shipmates knew his mind was placed solely on his Teran based spouse--Shatoya.

"Your highness, we've scanned Teran multiple times. We can't source the whereabouts of Shatoya Jasper; either she's no longer or Earth or..." His finger paused the messenger, he didn't want to come to terms with any of it. With very few spaceports it was unlikely that his Earth-born wife managed to evacuate the planet in time. But it was easier to accept that she fled than for him to believe his wife died shortly after he left.

"Thank you for the report," He said not caring to hear the conclusion. Against the will of his advisors, he probed planets that were just on the fringes of the Solar System, most weren't viable; and even the viable planets he did find would simply require way too much terraforming.

His crew consists mostly of refugee Kandrosi, most he'd never actually met. A great score of people he once knew died, when the Ninjans destroyed New Haven. These were third and fourth generations that possessed mixed bloodlines. Titus was one of the few, his mother was a Ninjan; his father a Kandrosi their genetics together combined to create him--a purebred. He was no scientist, but he hypothesized that without Ninjan cooperation the Kandrosi would eventually evolve into a new race.

The rest of the refugees consists of Talabeths, a few crattians; and a couple of species that who's origin were outside of Titus' knowledge. Then there was the man who accompanied Pilate to retrieve him from Earth, his origins were also unknown but the vast majority of them placed their faith in him as their pathfinder.

"Where are we headed to?" Titus asked slowly approaching the navigator from the rear. "And what dangers can we expect to face?"

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 Feral Nova  Moderator

HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT SHE'S OK! T___T

I love this so much! I love how you always incorporate so many of your prior canons into each other. It just flows so gracefully into one another and dives deeper into your stories and just expands what you already have even more.

I'm excited to see what comes next!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: They messes up when I found Sojo, cause now i might have to get it poppin in space for real lol

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FarSeeker

@shatoya_jasper: I listen to the reports streaming in. It seems the woman we found him with, the one I'd found so impressive before, has perished. Or so the evidence seems to suggest. I doubt it, but to make that doubt known would only complicate matters.

Much time has passed since we departed, and that time has made the crew antsy. At all times I sense the eyes on my back. Refugees of all types. Warriors. Bandits. Kings.

Victims of dead worlds, or outlaws, dead to theirs. It doesn't matter to me. All that matters is that they have placed their faith in me. It is a trust I must reward.

I am reminded of this as King Titus himself addresses me. Inquiries about our destination. The dangers that might reside there. I wonder for a moment what to tell him, then decide plainly on the truth. He is king. The difficult decisions are his to make.

"Our destination is one of the planets I scouted for Rechta, for my own people. I haven't heard a response from them for some time, so it's doubtful it's been scouted or settled."

I hope he doesn't hear the guilt in my admission. It was my task to guide my people to worlds where they could be safe as our own died. Instead, I abandoned them. Fled to Terra to forget my duties, only to fail the people there as well.

This is my chance to finally fulfill my purpose.

"AE-8871. I uploaded the navigation data to your computer, so that shouldn't be an issue. The planet is heavily forested. Oxygen levels were exceedingly high last I approached the planet, and local flora and fauna are sized appropriately."

"Life there is sentient. Dangerous. Clever. But not advanced enough to form anything resembling civilization. Not yet. If you can tame the wilds, it will make for a good home."

"There are of course other options. Tidally locked worlds where life is only possible on the terminator line. Your people would live in eternal twilight. Life would be hard there, and your population limited, but life is possible..."

"Worlds of ice present a possibility as well. The water would be trapped, but with enough effort, you could carve a home from the ice, if only a temporary one. Terraforming also presents a concern. My vessel doesn't have such capabilities...."

I look up to the proud man who towers before me. There is pain writ in his gaze, buried but present. He carries a heavy burden carried for his people, discarding his own personal desires for the sake of those who rely on him.

We are the same. Only where I falter, he stands fast.

"I've set the coordinates for the jungle planet, as it is the only one I have come across that I know for certain can support your and your people's anatomy. It would likely mean displacing the natural order of things. I can, of course change our direction, if you prefer. So, Titus, King of the Kandrosi, what is it to be?"

Shatoya_Jasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker:

No Caption Provided

Titus ran his hands through his freshly cut hair, as their navigator ran down his options. It was all still knew, all of it. As per Kandrosi custom he had to cut his locks to show his position as the wedded king--even though his wife was not present.

Also, he never had anyone counting on him to make decisions no one except Shatoya.

"Given our anatomy, any world composed of mostly Ice and water is not ideal" He cautioned. The Kandrosi carried the same abilities as the Ninjans, and with that, they carried the same weaknesses--Water and Ice. The double hydrogen compound in water negated their abilities. Living like that was fine on Earth, but out in space was filled with dangers.

And twilight? Nah.

"I've set the coordinates for the jungle planet, as it is the only one I have come across that I know for certain can support your and your people's anatomy. It would likely mean displacing the natural order of things. I can, of course change our direction, if you prefer. So, Titus, King of the Kandrosi, what is it to be?"

Titus brought his index and thumb to his chin clearly in thought. He didn't want to wage war and displace anyone. But he knew that exact trait was what cost the Kandrosi New Haven in the first place. Their female counter-parts pillaged 21 planets from various empires to craft the Ninjan Empire.

He would shoot a quick smirk to the navigator before calling a meeting in the command deck. All of them gathered around to hear the Kandrosi King speak, all hoping they would soon have a place to rest their heads.

"Our Navigator has set course for a jungle planet. We will land and establish a base of operations. All Soldiers will see to the protection of the camp, We will establish a 500 feet perimeter around our camp to ensure we don't get taken by surprise."

For a moment Titus glanced back at their pathfinder silently acknowledging his course of action. "This may or may not be home. This may or may not be someone else's home. Should we draw hostile intent, return it. We're not here to take this planet. We're going to establish ourselves. With that being said I'm going out with the exploring party. There may be a need for diplomacy. I should hope that you will come too?"

Titus said turning to Farseeker. "You might as well be one of us now"

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FarSeeker

@shatoya_jasper

"To hear you say so is quite the honor, but I would prefer it if you saved the praise for after we succeed."

I turn back to the situation at hand, careful to hide pride blossoming in my chest. The pressurized helmet I wear certainly conceals the smile well enough.

Orders come. Stations are manned. The atmosphere curls in orange flames as we plummet toward the surface before correcting. Their ship is impressive. We land with a feather's touch in a clearing I utilized on my last visit.

All at once the familiar ecology of the planet swarms us. Gigant Wasps, sensing the immense heat bleeding from the metal seed which has carried us here, swarm what they believe to be a new contender for their territory. The ship's automated defenses and shields dispatch them easily enough. Their stubborn nature ensures that most die in the initial assault.

Though their number troubles me.

"There are far more of these creatures than I previously encountered, and we are not near enough to their underground nests to draw this many defenders besides."

A change in their ecology? Perhaps. Something is pushing the wasps up from below, though I do not care to ponder what. For now, establishing the king's perimeter takes priority.

It is a primitive world, and the allies I have brought with me display impressive physical capabilities. The local fauna which had given me trouble during my first incursion fall in droves to the Kandrosi warmen. The perimeter is quickly set and kept, though the persistence of the wasps and other large insects provide constant annoyance.

No Caption Provided

It is only after the camp has been set that the scouts bring the remains to our attention.

It is simply the hollow shell of one of the insects, oddly shaped. I know this isn't so.

"The wasps... were thick underground when I first arrived. I could not traverse far into the tunnels without..."

I trail off. Reports from other members of the crew begin to stream in. The earth has begun to collapse all around the camp. Great maws of dirt stretch hungrily open beneath them, swallowing the less capable up whole. From within those tunnels, the gaps beneath, merciless beady black eyes stare up from the chitinous white of unfathomably alien faces.

No Caption Provided

I take the scattergun in hand as pale bodies begin to flow from out of the black underground. They swarm the camp, keeping distance from the Kandrosi, but growing in number by the second. My finger settles on the trigger. I glance over to Titus, ready to follow his lead. With every passing moment the swarm grows.

King_Titus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker: (Kinda using this to create a bio for Titus)

Titus' eyes scanned the dense torrid nature of this unknown world. Despite being given the files beforehand, there was enough time to process the initial beauty of the prospect world. Even less when the Wasp attacked. 'Had to be bugs' he groaned internally. The star ship's auxiliary canons made quick work of the large and persistent pest, giving way for the crew to act on the King's orders and establish a perimeter like they were instructed.

"The wasps... were thick underground when I first arrived. I could not traverse far into the tunnels without..."

Titus turned in the direction of their pathfinder, fixing his lips to ask him a question he'd never ask. Beneath them, the ground fissured around them, swallowing those that ventured too far from the came, and cutting off the rest. The Bronze King eyed the scattergun and prepared himself for battle.

"I'd say this counts as hostile intent" Despite the situation the Kandrosi King settled into a relaxed nature, he was once a general under King Mannahar, he knew his way around a battlefield.

"Backside, blow a hole through their defenses, once you cross provide cover for our front and flanks." His specific crewmates obliged, but he needed to provide them some sort of support in his own way. Extending his hands outward a mystic like green energy began to free-flow from his hands and channeled the carcasses of the dead wasps still in his sight.

"Attack" He commanded before effortlessly taking off into the air. The Crew fired from their spear-like weapons, while the newly conjured 'zombie' wasp buzzed overhead like sentries to assist in the defense of the camp. "We need to keep them in front of us. Take charge of the backside, until we can get our men off this dirt platform" He called out, speaking specifically to Farseeker. The Navigator wasn't his to command, but he was trusting him with his crews lives.

Kasumi_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FarSeeker

@king_titus:

He speaks with a natural authority. His voice is devoid of panic, and those he orders move without hesitation. The corpses of our mute enemies, though they show little hesitation in continuing their advance.

Though now their movements are sharper, more coordinated. They close around those previously surrounded, and I can hear screams as claws and mandibles begin to close around the less armored of the Kandrosi, detaining those they grab hold of.

I do as I am told, helping those I can along the way. Heated plasma burns through their exoskeletons easily enough, as do the projectiles emitted from my allies' spears. The bodies continue to pile, though the other insects seem oblivious to this fact.

They press ever onward, clearing the largest of the tunnels and forcing the Kandrosi and their allies back. Finally, I see why. A creature, smaller than the others, frailer in appearance, peeks out of the principal tunnel just as the revivified wasps begin their assault. The insects surrounding the nearly translucent member of their species surround her, snatching the undead wasps from the air and picking them apart before they can harm the small one.

I watch as the Kandrosi gain the advantage, moving almost without resistance as the bugs that had been swarming them moments before fall back to form upon the interloper from below. That is when I catch glimpses of the Kandrosi who had fallen into the tunnels walking behind her, emerging into the cloud of wasps and gunfire, rattled but relatively unharmed.

And then, it speaks.

Though not in any way I have yet encountered. I can feel the words rattling in my mind, accompanied by images of darkness, perspectives from a million eyes on the field of battle and below it. I feel a mild pain in parts of my body that do not exist, antennae and pincers cut free, exoskeletal structures burned away.

As I writhe, trying to understand, I see that the Kandrosi feel it as well, though to what degree I do not know. I can see in their hesitation that they at least hear the voice.

"stopping" "no invade" "do not"

The messages are clouded with extraneous sensory information, but the concepts begin to bleed through directly to my mind. I can see the small translucent bug that must be their queen working her antennae furiously, searching for something. Then I watch in confused awe as she turns to King Titus, and delivers a subtle bow.

"King"

I freeze, but only for a moment. In the next I retrieve my rifle, set my target, and look to King Titus, hoping to lock with his gaze.

It would be easy, firing through her guards. With a single shot, we can secure this area, perhaps this world. I zero the sights on the queen's still bowed head, awaiting a sign. Whether this place is taken by force, diplomacy, or abandoned altogether, it is a decision only he can make.

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_misuti: Yup! I'm still bouncing around. How are you?

Who are you? o.O?

Luke_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Luke_Jackson

@farseeker:

(I'm good! And well, I'm everyone and no one...)

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luke_jackson: Ah, well that's a name I recognize at least. Yeah, I've been back for a bit, just on a different profile. Good to see some of the old crew!

Luke_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Titus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker:

On par with his commands, the Kandrosi quickly began defending their position; while making efforts to move the fight to a more stable area. For the young King, this wasn't how he wanted 'First Contact' to go, but given the already depleted number of Kandrosi, he couldn't afford to lose anymore.

Taking a spear in hand he sought to jam it through one of the encroaching natives, that is until his keen eyesight picked out the arrival of a much smaller--bug surrounded by the horde. More to his surprise was the men he'd lost previously were with it, unharmed and trying to get his attention. "Hold fire!" He commanded making eye contact with the Navigator just momentarily. "Hold your position". The situation was interesting, to say the least, but he wouldn't dare command them to drop their weapons until he had an accurate assessment of what was going on.

"stopping" "no invade" "do not"

It's "Words" danced across his mind painful and unclear but he sort of understood the message. Placing a hand up to notify his men of his choice to move Titus moved to greet the presumed Queen. Placing both hands at his side he returned the bow with one of his own before returning upright.

"I apologize for the encroachment. We thought this planet was abandoned. We are refugee's in a world long gone. We ask that we may be able to make safe haven here"

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_titus: It is an unconventional meeting, that much is certain. I keep my rifle trained on the presumed leader of the insectoid horde, though the gesture seems largely unnecessary. The creature timidly approaches the towering King of the Kandrosi, the gleam of planet's yellow star catching on the polished mahogany of his skin. The light suits him.

It remains mute as it inches forward with the caution known only to skittering creatures, born in the dirt, exploring the forbidden world above. Finally, it reaches out tentatively, feeling for his face with the antennae at its fore, whether or not it manages to make contact with his graceful visage, I cannot say, but when it is finally near enough to him, I feel the voice, now a much more lifelike mimicry, wheedle back into my mind. From the flickering change in the otherwise stoic monarch, I can see that the monotone, almost hypnotic tones of her voice have reached him as well.

"I see. I see pain. I see loss. I see each man a mind. Each one a... 'self'."

The appendages and antennae of the others begin to wriggle alongside her own. Her understanding is becoming theirs.

"Not like you. You see many. We one."

The creature begins to approach more closely, attempting to lay its softly glowing appendages on Titus' chest. I can feel a consciousness nestle alongside my own, and I can see that I am not alone. Hands begin to trail to the temples as her influence spreads, an equal sense of unease accompanying her probe.

"We... alone. Lonely. I think. We... they do. You different. Each think. Together with other. For other. Control by king, but self think too."

"You stay. We learn. Maybe we not be lonely."

The creature's escorts retreat, and soon only a small contingent of the swarm remains as the queen begins to amble about the camp, sating her curiosity if left unchecked. I lower my rifle and look to the King of the Kandrosi. A man I am proud of. Only a few months ago he was a man, and only a man. He was content to spend his days in the arms of the woman he loved.

Now he is a proper sovereign, practiced in the art of kingcraft. He has negotiated the coexistence of his people with the creatures native to this place. I was worried about his fate, concerned that the absence of his heart would taint his decision making. That fear is settled. I clap him on the back, another violation of procedure, but at this point I have discarded those worried as well.

“I had my doubts, King Titus. I’ve seen refugees flee to the stars only to be swallowed by them, but you… You are the exception. Nerves of steel, a clear mind, and heart above all.” I sweep my eyes over the Kandrosi as they gaze upon their leader, and extend my hand.

“Welcome home, my King.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Titus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker:

A Man, A Diplomat, A King. Titus quickly dawned many hats in just a short amount of time, but thankfully his crew saw something in him. Where the citizens of Earth saw a polarizing black figure, his Pathfinder saw potential; why else would he ally himself with an unproven King. Titus nodded as the Insect placed her appendage on his chest, instinctively maneuvering to his crew to lower their weapons.

"We will stay," He called out, realizing there was a hive mind mentality amongst them, to him he saw a thriving colony, but to her, they were all one entity. Individuality didn't exist to her kind; next to the Kandrosi, perhaps they could learn.

"If it's not too much for you, your highness we would like a tour of the planet, at your convenience of course." He requested. Not long after his request, the man that made it all possible greeted him.

“I had my doubts, King Titus. I’ve seen refugees flee to the stars only to be swallowed by them, but you… You are the exception. Nerves of steel, a clear mind, and heart above all.”

He couldn't take the credit, each and every one of them was critical in getting them to this moment. Especially the pathfinder. Titus took his hand and shook it with vigor, a symbol of his on yielding thanks. "Excuse me, I have to give them something for posterity," He said breaking contact momentarily to approach not only his people but the insects as well.

"As much as I like taking credit for things. This, this isn't on me. This victory belongs to you. You who have spanned the stars in search of a King, and found one in a retired war general. You who have shown unyielding resiliency. And you, Free yet prisoners in your own home. You welcomed strangers to your world with open arms. We were different an hour ago. But now we too are one"

The Kandrosi released a War Cry, one the insects adorably tried to emulate; as they shouted in jubilation Titus met with his pathfinder. "You've traveled the stars with us friend, and I don't even know your real name. I personally gave you citizenship of this New Kandrosi civilization, but I don't want you to think you are being forced to stay here. Should you stay, or should you go. You will always have a home amongst the Kandrosi. My royal advisor" He couldn't help but release a wide grin. It was funny to him because he was sure the pathfinder wasn't expecting it, but also because he had to authority to do so. They'd have to find viable food and water, and an appropriate location for the construction of a city; but at least the hard part was over.

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_titus:

I watch him from afar, humbled by just how grand a man he is. Magnanimous, strong, but possessed of a humility and appreciation for those he would lead. I know that he will be a good king to these people, a fine ally to the natives of this planet.

I begin to move back to my ship. My work is done. At last, I have guided a people to a new home, to new hope, but before I can retreat the monarch has yet another surprise in store for me. He grips my hand, welcoming me as an advisor, granting me a place among his people, a place at his side as advisor.

I stare back at him from behind the tinted lens of my visor, pride swelling in my chest as a knot forms in my throat. To finally complete my duty was a blessing, but to have the gratitude and respect of a great man, a man I too respect, is a prize I have not known for decades.

"My name is Lordram. Lordram Vesk. I am..." I have to clear my throat before continuing, lest the emotion of the situation paralyze my speech. "I am grateful. Grateful and honored, Lord Titus. I..."

I think the woman you love still lives. I think...

"I will return, one day. Pray, be well until then, and when we meet show me the kingdom you have raised, and the king you have become. Farewell, my friend. My king."

I raise my eyes to meet his, offer him my hand once more, and turn to leave. He is a wonderous king, that much is true, but his heart still breaks over his lost lover. It is a burden he should not have to bear in tandem with those forced upon him by fate. If she lives, I will find her, and I will reunite him with his queen.

I take to the stars once more, filled with renewed purpose. Suddenly the sky does not appear so dark, the stars so dim, the endless night, so hopeless.