Logic vs. Kendrick Lamar who's the better rapper ?

• 69 results
Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cloakx14

who do u like more logic or Kendrick ?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm feelin logic right now. he's good.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OrdinaryAlan
Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Jphu8414

Kendrick by a mile

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Kendrick

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know who Logic is and I just started really liking Kendrick so.. Kendrick.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kendrick.

I downloaded Logic's last mixtape " Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever " the day it dropped last year and I couldn't even finish it.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Logic in my opinion.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Logic has meaning behind all of his songs, whereas Kendrick........... 2:45

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaied

There are many MC's better than Kendrick, and Logic is one of them.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

@captain_batman_ftw: besides tthere is logic behind his Rhymes.

Except for some of them, but it's mostly Kendrick of these to fellas that talks about drugs, women and stuff like that.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper alive. No one is touching him, on any level.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

There are many MC's better than Kendrick, and Logic is one of them.

Pray-tell, who are those many MC's? To be honest, they're very few MC's dead or alive, that can touch Kendrick's artistry and story telling ability.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

@captain_batman_ftw: besides tthere is logic behind his Rhymes.

Except for some of them, but it's mostly Kendrick of these to fellas that talks about drugs, women and stuff like that.

That's naive of you to say, usually when I hear Kendrick talk about drugs and women there's a message behind it.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good kid, m.A.A.d city ( all that needs to be said )

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, no.

I love Kendrick, he's one of my favorite rappers of all time, and easily one of the best "New Generation" of rappers.

But Kendrick would be lucky to be put on the top 10, let alone the best rapper alive.

As for the OP, Logic has skill, and arguably more skill when it comes to wordplay, but Kendrick has him beat when it comes to flow and his ability to convey a story.

So I'm gonna say Kendrick by far for now, but maybe one day Logic can give him a challenge.

Jmarshmallow

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jmarshmallow:

Lol, no.

I love Kendrick, he's one of my favorite rappers of all time, and easily one of the best "New Generation" of rappers.

But Kendrick would be lucky to be put on the top 10, let alone the best rapper alive.

Name me 10 MC's you would put over Kendrick? Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas, etc,etc aren't touching him when it comes to song making and story telling ability. Not now at least. Songs like Sing About Me, blows anything either of the three of them have put out this decade. Don't get me started on the Masterpiece that is good kid m.A.A.d city.

Not to mentioned, in terms of technical skills, he also have most of them beat. His use of word play, intricate internal and multisyllable rhymes, and so on and so forth blows most out of the water.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Lol, no.

As for the OP, Logic has skill, and arguably more skill when it comes to wordplay, but Kendrick has him beat when it comes to flow and his ability to convey a story.

So I'm gonna say Kendrick by far for now, but maybe one day Logic can give him a challenge.

Jmarshmallow

Name me 10 MC's you would put over Kendrick? Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas, etc,etc aren't touching him when it comes to song making and story telling ability. Songs like Sing About Me, blows anything either of the three of them have put out this decade.

Not to mentioned, in terms of technical skills, he also have most of them beat. His use of word play, intricate multisyllable rhymes, and so on and so forth blows most out of the water.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

right now, i think Logic will be one of the great ones. i'm looking forward to get his debut album.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Love em both but c'mon. KENDRICK.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meh.

I still think Eminem is the best rapper alive.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011

Eminem aren't touching him when it comes to song making and story telling ability.

You're kidding here, right?

Eminem never has bad songs. The only things he has are songs that aren't up to his usual par, but even those songs are above what most rappers can do.

As far as story telling ability, Stan >>>> Sing About Me.

Eminem has far more versatility than Kendrick when it comes to the songs he makes. He can make pumping songs, story-telling songs, funny songs, songs focused on mostly wordplay/technical skill, etc.

Kendrick is good at what he does, and the Kendrick flow can't be copied, but he doesn't really switch it up all that much. He does, just not to the extent Eminem does.

Name me 10 MC's you would put over Kendrick?

Eminem, Jay-Z, Andre3K, Kanye, Big Pun, Mos Def, AZ, Big L, Nas, Rakim, T.I., DMX, etc. are all rappers that could easily be put above Kendrick depending on who you ask.

While I personally would put him Top 10 above lots of those guys, saying he's without a doubt the best rapper alive is ridiculous. J. Cole and B.o.B. are both two rappers from the New Gen that could already give him a run for his money, as they both have flow, technical skill, and story telling ability comparable to Kendrick, and in some areas superior.

Not to mentioned, in terms of technical skills, he also have most of them beat. His use of word play, intricate multisyllable rhymes, and so on and so forth blows most out of the water.

He's good, but he isn't Em. I'd put him more around Jay Z when it comes to technical skill.

But Jay Z also has him beat in versatility, because he can hop on a track of any kind and sound good. Kendrick sticks with what he does best.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Meh.

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dboyrules2011 said:

Meh.

Current Eminem isn't touching Kendrick on a level as far as artistry goes. Come on now. The only thing I would give you is technical skill, even then, it debatable.

Songs like m.A.A.d city,good kid, Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst are ridiculous in terms of technical lyrical skill with meaning behind the words.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Straight-Fire

@dccomicsrule2011:

Please. I would take "Bad Guy" over all those songs you just named. Period.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zaied

@dccomicsrule2011:

Pray-tell, who are those many MC's?

Recent artists? Lupe Fiasco, Wayne, B.o.B, Logic, and Lecrae were who I had in mind. "Many" was an exaggeration, however. Those are just guys I prefer listening to over Kendrick.

To be honest, they're very few MC's dead or alive, that can touch Kendrick's artistry and story telling ability.

Lupe, Logic, Lecrae, and B.o.B possess great storytelling ability themselves, and Andre 3000, Mos Def, Jay Z, and Eminem can certainly be argued as superior MC's.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jmarshmallow:

You're kidding here, right?

LAL.

Eminem never has bad songs.

Don't be ridiculous. Everyone has had bad songs. What's good and bad is purely subjective anyway.

As far as story telling ability, Stan >>>> Sing About Me.

Not even close. Sing About Me had a much greater message is is much more touching than Stan.

As I've said before:

This is easily one of Kendricks best songs, and one of the greatest songs in Hip-Hop history. The story telling ability, the lyricism, the negative and positive message juxtapose beautifully against each other, as they paint a vivid portrait of the ordeals that black males and females do through in a facked up city like Compton. Kendrick response in the third verse is easily one of the greatest verse in Hip-Hop history. The Dying of Thirst part is just......Wow. ----DCcomicsrule2011

Eminem has far more versatility than Kendrick when it comes to the songs he makes.

I disagree.

He can make pumping songs,

So can Kendrick.

story-telling songs,

The whole good kid m.A.A.d city album is a story. Not to mention Keisha's Sisters, and so on and so forth. K.Dot is a superior story teller to Em.

funny songs,

So can K.Dot.

songs focused on mostly wordplay/technical skill, etc.

Kendrick can do that as well...except it has plenty of substance, and not just random bullsh!t like Rap God (which, I might add, wasn't even on point with the instrumentals)

m.A.A.d city,good kid, Sing About Me, Monster Freestyle, etc,etc. All are great technically with intricate multisyllable and inner rhyme schemes and actually have meaning, excluding Monster Freestyle.

Name me 10 MC's you would put over Kendrick?

Eminem, Jay-Z, Andre3K, Kanye, Big Pun, Mos Def, AZ, Big L, Nas, Rakim, T.I., DMX, etc. are all rappers that could easily be put above Kendrick depending on who you ask.

Big L isn't even alive, neither is Big Pun......

T.I? Are you kidding me? DMX? He hasn't dropped anything great in years, and even in his prime he isn't touching Kendrick as far as technical skills go. Big L lacks the substance to match Kendrick, nor is he really touching his artistry, most of that is because he didn't live long enough, but regardless, the facts are the facts. This is from someone who has Big L as his 3 favorite rapper behind Jay-Z and Nas.

Also, current Jay-Z, Nas, or Eminem aren't better than Kendrick. Again, I'm talking about CURRENTLY. Of course he isn't touching the likes of Jay-Z, Nas, etc,etc as of whole, but he is better than they are currently.

While I personally would put him Top 10 above lots of those guys, saying he's without a doubt the best rapper alive is ridiculous. J. Cole and B.o.B. are both two rappers from the New Gen that could already give him a run for his money, as they both have flow, technical skill, and story telling ability comparable to Kendrick, and in some areas superior.

LAL. No. I don't think you have any idea what technical skills even is.

He's good, but he isn't Em.

He's better than current Eminem. Comparing any album Eminem dropped post Eminem Show to good kid m.A.A.d city in terms of pure artistry is a crime. There is far more to rap than just technical skill.

I'd put him more around Jay Z when it comes to technical skill. But Jay Z also has him beat in versatility, because he can hop on a track of any kind and sound good. Kendrick sticks with what he does best.

Current Jay-Z is nowhere near Kendrick, and this is coming from someone who has Hov listed as number one of his all-time rap list.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dboyrules2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011:

Please. I would take "Bad Guy" over all those songs you just named. Period.

Give reasons instead of just screaming I would take this over that, as always with Hip-Hop discussions. Please explain why it's better than poetic songs like Dying of Thirst and good kid.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: To be fair, I dunno if we really can compare Eminem to Kendrick right now. Eminem has put out songs with a lot of substance throughout his career, but he's changed his angle completely with the last album. Which is just something an artist does from time to time.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Eminem would dust Kendrick on a track, and yes I have heard love game but that song was hot garbage, hardly a good showcase of their rhyming ability to begin with. Tech N9ne would too.

I like Kendrick (A lot more than Logic) but Kendrick wouldn't be in my top 10, maybe if we are talking about current rappers but of all time he probably wouldn't even be in my top 20.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@dboyrules2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: I would. Too bad I don't feel like it right now.

Sure you would.

@i_like_swords said:

@dccomicsrule2011: To be fair, I dunno if we really can compare Eminem to Kendrick right now. Eminem has put out songs with a lot of substance throughout his career, but he's changed his angle completely with the last album. Which is just something an artist does from time to time.

Of course Eminem as a whole is better than Kendrick, simply because K.Dot has only just started. But I simply find Kendrick far more enjoyable than Eminem if we're talking current Em.

GKMC is Illmatic and Blueprint level good imo.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Kidd

I like Logic flow but Kendrick is just more versatile and a better lyricist by a mile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Fair enough. I do dig Em's current material though, songs like Headlights especially. Maybe not his best but it's not too shabby.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011:

LAL.

Lol I don't understand why you say that!

Don't be rediculous. Everyone has had bad sings. What's good and bad is purely subjective anyway.

And Em's are so sparse they might as well not exist. Besides, this entire thread is subjective.

Not even close. Sing About Me had a much greater message is is much more touching than Stan.

The "message" isn't what makes a storytelling song great, it's the ability to deliver it in a moving and talented way, while still holding actual entertainment value and not getting too "preachy."

Eminem does just that in Stan, Yellow Brick Road, Mockingbird, Sing for the Moment, Bad Guy, etc.

If the message was what made an artist a great storyteller, than MGK would be better than both Kendrick and Em with his song "The Return." And that is far from true.

Kendrick can do that as well...except it has plenty of substance, and not just random bullsh!t like Rap God (which, I might add, wasn't even on beat with the instrumentals)

He has plenty of songs that have substance and FAR superior technical skill.

E.g. Monster, Won't Back Down, Rhyme or Reason, 25 to Life, No Love, etc.

m.A.A.d city,good kid, Sing About Me, Monster Freestyle, etc,etc. All are great technically with intricate multisyllable and inner rhyme schemes and actually have meaning, excluding Monster Freestyle.

And Eminem has TONS of those, with an equal if not superior story telling ability, and a FAR superior versatile flow and wordplay.

Big L isn't even alive, neither is Big Pun......

I wasn't aware we were solely doing people that were alive, my mistake.

T.I? Are you kidding me?

Dead and Gone conveys an absolutely brilliant message, with a fantastic flow, and fantastic technical skill.

While he has plenty more like that, I cite that one specifically because I'm assuming you're not a fan of his and aren't aware of some of his less mainstream songs.

DMX? He hasn't dropped anything great in years, and even in his prime he isn't touching Kendrick as far as technical skills go.

So I'm getting the feeling we're only talking about current then, right? That's my mistake, I thought you were implying Kendrick is the greatest of all time.

Big L lacks the substance to match Kendrick, nor is he really touching his artistry.

He doesn't have Kendrick's substance, but his flow and technical skill along with his ability to jump on any beat surpass Kendrick.

Also, current Jay-Z, Nas, or Eminem aren't better than Kendrick. Again, I'm talking about CURRENTLY.

Ah, I gotcha. But I would argue that Em and arguably Jay-Z still are, even currently.

If you listen to some of Jay's newest stuff, or even go back as far as Watch the Throne (which would still be considered fairly current), you'd see he's still ahead of his game.

And Em's new able was gold. It wasn't his best, but there were only like two or three songs that didn't shine on that album.

Oh, and need I bring up Love Game? Kendrick's verse was pretty much on par with Em's first, but Em's second verse pretty much blew him out of the water.

Now I'll grant you that that's Em's song so he had an advantage, but it's clear Kendrick brought his A-Game and it still couldn't beat Em.

Jmarshmallow

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dboyrules2011 said:

Meh.

Current Eminem isn't touching Kendrick on a level as far as artistry goes. Come on now. The only thing I would give you is technical skill, even then, it debatable.

Songs like m.A.A.d city,good kid, Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst are ridiculous in terms of technical lyrical skill with meaning behind the words.

Don't forget the Heart Part 2.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still logic > kendrick, in my opinion. Logic is young and he has a huge amount of potential. His songs are already incredible. It's funny how people have the nerve to say logic < kendrick when they haven't even heard songs such as: Man of the year, used to hate it, walk on by, numbers etc etc.... individually > M.A.A.D City, money trees, swimming pool etc etc.....

Logic is young, man. He is what eminem used to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be honest in saying that I'm starting to find Kendrick somewhat overrated at this point, but he's still pretty damn good and I'll take him here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jmarshmallow:

Lol I don't understand why you say that!

I'm a hipster. Q_Q

And Em's are so sparse they might as well not exist. Besides, this entire thread is subjective.

Ehh. Fair enough.

The "message" isn't what makes a storytelling song great, it's the ability to deliver it in a moving and talented way, while still holding actual entertainment value and not getting too "preachy."

I never said it was. I was saying why I preferred Sing About Me over Stan.

He has plenty of songs that have substance and FAR superior technical skill. E.g. Monster, Won't Back Down, Rhyme or Reason, 25 to Life, No Love, etc.

What is technical skills to you exactly? Word play? Intricate use of syllables or what? Because I honestly don't see how songs like No Love is lyrically superior to m.A.A.d city or good kid.

Lines like this is m.A.A.d city

"Warriors and Conans, hope euphoria can slow dance With society, the driver seat the first one to get killed"

Look a little deeper into the line and you get this:

Warriors/Euphoria

Co/slow

Nans/dance

Society/Drivers seat

All rhyme, and all happens in a single rap lines that is intricate in terms of multisyllable and inner rhymes schemes.

Or others rhymes that's heavy with consonance such as he show cased in good kid

"Of a prisoner on his way trapped inside your desire

To fire bullets that stray, track attire just tell you

I'm tired and ran away, I should ask a choir

What do you require to sing a song that acquire me to have faith

As the record spin I should pray for the record I recognize"

Let's not forget his use of Homophones as well

"I animosity building, it's probably big as a building'

Or a clever use of alteration

"Picking up the f*cking pump, picking off you suckers

Suck a d**k or die or sucker punch, "Aye y'all, duck"

So again, what makes those songs so much more lyrically superior to good kid and m.A.A.d city?

And Eminem has TONS of those, with an equal if not superior story telling ability,

I disagree with the underline. But that is really a matter of opinion.

and a FAR superior versatile flow and wordplay.

Ehh.

Dead and Gone conveys an absolutely brilliant message, with a fantastic flow, and fantastic technical skill.

While he has plenty more like that, I cite that one specifically because I'm assuming you're not a fan of his and aren't aware of some of his less mainstream songs.

Correct. I don't really find T.I. appealing or interesting to be honest, and he never struck me as someone technically skilled from what I have heard from him. So yeah, I admit ignorance on this front.

So I'm getting the feeling we're only talking about current then, right? That's my mistake, I thought you were implying Kendrick is the greatest of all time.

No, I was talking about currently. He has ways to go before he topples Jay-Z, Nas, etc, etc for me. But I do think he can get there, and I'm rooting for him to do so. GKMC is a step in the right direction for sure, as it's in the class of Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic and Blueprint for me at least.

He doesn't have Kendrick's substance, but his flow and technical skill along with his ability to jump on any beat surpass Kendrick.

I can agree with this as a whole. Though, I don't think this is the case current Em.

Ah, I gotcha. But I would argue that Em and arguably Jay-Z still are, even currently.

I strongly disagree, but fair enough.

If you listen to some of Jay's newest stuff, or even go back as far as Watch the Throne (which would still be considered fairly current), you'd see he's still ahead of his game.

I wouldn't compare any of that to what Hov was on Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint. He's still good, just not what he once was before.

Oh, and need I bring up Love Game? Kendrick's verse was pretty much on par with Em's first, but Em's second verse pretty much blew him out of the water.

Now I'll grant you that that's Em's song so he had an advantage, but it's clear Kendrick brought his A-Game and it still couldn't beat Em.

Ehh. One song doesn't equal who is better than who. Or else Nas is worse than his bodyguard. Plus, it wasn't like Love Game was a good song anyway, at least not to me.

@laflux said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@dboyrules2011 said:

Meh.

Don't forget the Heart Part 2.

Yeah, that song is sick. Kendrick has the special ability to touch me like no other artist in Hip-Hop history.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08 said:

Gonna be honest in saying that I'm starting to find Kendrick somewhat overrated at this point, but he's still pretty damn good and I'll take him here.

LAL.

The word overrated is overrated.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be honest in saying that I'm starting to find Kendrick somewhat overrated at this point

Kendrick is one of the few "big" mainstream guys who deserve his hype as of now.

Honestly I like him more than Wolf Hayley, and Tyler is my idol.....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

LAL.

When people start calling Good M.A.A.D City as good as Ilmatic, overrated is the word just comes to mind honestly. Kendrick is extremely talented(Especially when compared to the rest of the current rap landscape), but holy f%ck, the guy has just started, let's wait a little bit before we start tossing out Illmatic comparisons nonchalantly. He can drop something of that caliber one day, but he hasn't as of now IMO.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@wolverine08 said:

LAL.

When people start calling Good M.A.A.D City as good as Ilmatic, overrated is the word just comes to mind honestly. Kendrick is extremely talented(Especially when compared to the rest of the current rap landscape), but holy f%ck, the guy has just started, let's wait a little bit before we start tossing out Illmatic comparisons nonchalantly. He can drop something of that caliber one day, but he hasn't as of now IMO.

And why is good kid m.A.A.d city not as good as Illmatic? Lyrically? Story-telling ability? Why exactly? How Long K.Dot has been rapping is irrelevant in regards to a single ALBUM.

We're comparing GKMC, and Illmatic. Not Nas and Kendrick Lamar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@wolverine08 said:

LAL.

Would it be weird if I said i don't think Illmatic is that good?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Gonna be honest in saying that I'm starting to find Kendrick somewhat overrated at this point

Kendrick is one of the few "big" mainstream guys who deserve his hype as of now.

Honestly I like him more than Wolf Hayley, and Tyler is my idol.....

Tyler is still easily Top 10 material though, depending on your overall listening experience.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

And why is good kid m.A.A.d city not as good as Illmatic? Lyrically? Story-telling ability? Why exactly? How Long K.Dot has been rapping is irrelevant in regards to a single ALBUM.

Nas at his best(Which he was at throughout Illmatic) is most definitely both a better lyricist and story teller than Kendrick is as of now. Which song on GKMC can compare be called equal story telling wise to New York State of Mind or Memory Lane? Which song is lyrically equal and boasts as many as quotables as It Ain't Hard Tell or The World Is Yours?

We're comparing GKMC, and Illmatic. Not Nas and Kendrick Lamar.

I know, and I'm saying Illmatic is better. I definitely think that Kendrick can drop an Illmatic level album one day(And probably will if he can continue the way he is) but GKMC wasn't it to me. Will it go down as one of the best hip hop albums, sure, but not an Illmatic to me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Depends on the reason really. I've heard people point out that they prefer It Was Written to Illmatic before.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By laflux

@i_like_swords: Tyler's rape, violence and sexism connations often hit me from a comedic level. His comments of him not liking Dark-Skin girls always makes me smile. His songs about his Father walking out on him, not being accepted, how he's felt left out hit me on a much more personal level. Depending on what mood I'm in, I can prefer both songs. Of course he has songs which are neither. Songs like Analog and Partyisn'tover and generally charming songs which I can kick it too as well.