Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By The_Ghostshell
 Wonder Woman can now drop it like its hot
 Wonder Woman can now drop it like its hot
After the Beyonce/Wonder Woman scare, I started thinking about comicbook characters and their perspective races and whether or not it was important. The answer I came up with was yes, HELL YES. Hollywood has tried to sell us a line that its not important what color the actress/actor is portraying the character, but whether or not they can capture the essence of the character. But isn't part of a characters essence the way they look? In comicbooks image is everything. The way a character looks, appeals/captures the reader just as much if not more then the dialog. We all know and have accepted that when Hollywood makes the movie adaption of a comicbook that it will inevitably have some changes. Gambit not having an accent, Deadpool........well, we all know about Deadpool.
 What the......
 What the......

But to completely change a characters race is something that's always bothered me. I'll go one step further and say it bothers me when a director sticks a token character in any movie. Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood? Seriously? I remember watching as well as reading all sorts of Robin Hood stories, I remember Big Jon, I remember Fryer Tuck, but I don't remember Morgan Freeman. It seems to me like an attempt to appear progressive or something. Like hey look, we've righted the wrong that was no ethnicity  in (insert movie name here). So when we remaid it we decided to add a new ethnic character. It feels forced and out of place. But is that simply because of the attachment to the history of the material? For example, Disney is releasing a new animated film based loosely of the "Frog Prince." Most of us have heard the story of the Princess who kisses a frog and he turns into a Prince. But in the latest version the title has been renamed to the "The Princess and the Frog" and the story is set in New Orleans. Tiana (changed from Maddy) is now black, and the change doesn't bother me one bit. The Princess from the original story has an established history as a white character and yet here she is, changed for the sake of change and it doesn't bother me. Yet had it been say......the Black Panther, and Hollywood decided to change T'Challa to Trevor I would be pissed.  

The new Black Panther
 The new Black Panther

Which leads me to my next question. Why does it seem like its only white characters who find themselves replaced? Did they audition Matt Damon for the role of "Blade?" What about Jet Li as "Luke Cage?" I'm not being racist I'm simply questioning the thought process behind what appears, to me anyway, to be pointless Hollywood meddling. When they decided to make a Catwoman movie what in the hell happened between the time that they read Catwoman, liked it, and then decided to completely $#@! it up? Sure Halle Barry is a huge movie star, but so is Danial Day Lewis, it doesn't mean he should play Bruce Lee in a remake of "Enter the Dragon." And what really cracks me up is their attempt to explain the obvious race reversal. "Oh, well, its not Selena Kyle, in fact its got nothing to do with the original Catwoman at all. Basically we're just taking the name and the idea of a woman who fights crime and steals sh!t and turning it into a epic motion picture."FAIL.

I don't understand how the powers that be go through a comic and love it so much that they want to make it into a motion pictures, and then stop and say, "You know what, this comic is great but how bout we take Wolverine and, are you ready? We make him Jewish. Its brilliant."

Mazel Tov
 Mazel Tov

So what are your feelings? Does it bother you when a character's race has been switched for what appears to be no reason at all? Is there something untouchable about a comicbook characters appearance?
LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LauraX23

WHAT BEYONCE AS WONDER-WOMAN?!?!?!

I'd rather it be Megan Fox, :)

LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LauraX23

what are you saying about Ryan Reynolds ................ I do not feel like reading all that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@LauraX23 said:
"  

what are you saying about Ryan Reynolds ................ I do not feel like reading all that.

"
LOL nothing about Ryan Reynolds, its about the way Deadpool was portrayed in the Wolverine movie.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@TheDrifter said:
"   "
Hahahaha I wish I would have found this when I was searching for pictures. Nice
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Jewish Wolverine Vs. Black Wolverine.

Coming to a battle thread soon.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@aztek the lost said:
" @Gambler said:
" @LauraX23 said:
"  

"
LOL nothing about Ryan Reynolds, its about the way Deadpool was portrayed in the Wolverine movie. "
he was cool at the beginning... "
Yeah he was. But technically he was "Wade Wilson" in the beginning. He didn't become Deadpool until the end.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Vortex13

It bothers me, but not all the time, but if they were going to change Luke Cage's race I would be pissed. Same with Black Panther it's essential to there characters to be black really. Actually now that I think about it it always annoys me.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

Did you guys hear Steve Buscemi got casted as Luke Cage?

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vortex13
@aztek the lost: Oh right, that's the one I was trying to remember thank you. I was ok with that for two reasons. 1 Micheal Clark Duncan is a really good actor, and 2 he has the perfect build for it
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vortex13
@geraldthesloth: stop lying lol
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@CATMANEXE:  What year was that?

@aztek the lost: I thought Weapon XI was Deadpool?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Vortex13: I have to tease you guys it's my job
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost said:
" I liked Kingpin to be honest... "
loved him. same reason as the film makers. they werent going to go with
Micheal but they said his attitude and charm was just so awesome they had to
have him for the role.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@aztek the lost said:
I think lots of people did. Maybe cause he's a secondary character? But what about if it had been Superman? Or Jonah Hex? I mean I just dont understand the reason behind it.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Gambler said:
" @CATMANEXE:  What year was that?

@aztek the lost: I thought Weapon XI was Deadpool? "
I can't remember where but there is one line in the movie that referred to the name Deadpool.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vortex13
@Gambler: He was, they do in fact call the project "The Deadpool" at one point.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Gambler

..I made a similar point in the "Beyonce is Wonder Woman thread".Beyonce doesn't fit obviously because she's black but then people come in and suggest people to play the part who still don't fit.You don't make a better Wonder Woman than Beyonce simply because you're white.A bad Wonder Woman is a bad Wonder Woman regardless.I honestly hope who ever they pick..she's not on out radar.There isn't a single A-list actress than can be Diana and actually fit the part.  
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lunacyde said:
" @Gambler said:

@aztek the lost: I thought Weapon XI was Deadpool? "
I can't remember where but there is one line in the movie that referred to the name Deadpool. "
Stryker calls him that. its also his name in the movie credits.

@Gambler said:
66 if im reading it correctly.

answer to the question though. yes and no.
if it matters to us, it doesnt really matter.
what matters is demographics and market research.
if a Beyonce Wonder Woman is believed to sell more than
a Caucasian one, then Beyonce is what we'll get.
Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By darth_brendroid

If race is an integral part of the character, then you can't change it. Black Panther has always been African. His entire character is rooted in this African heritage. Making him white for the hell of it sort of kills the mythology. Wonder Woman was (technically) Greek. Greek mythology is at the root of the character. If you're going to cast an 'exotic' looking actress, at least cast a Greek or someone from around that region of the world. We want to have the Greek atmosphere, this clash of cultures. The clash of Amazon 'pacificism' (for look of a better word) and Humanity's 'violent ways' is at the root of the series. The only reason she was sent to Man's World. And it'd be a plus to have an accent there - helps to create the atmosphere ^-^

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@CATMANEXE: I agree to an extent. Did they really think making King Pin black would boost sales? I'd wager they would have made more if they had taken (insert white A list actor here) and put him in a fat suit. But that's my opinion. But when studios start meddling with a movie in hopes of making more money, it usually backfires. The original Star Wars nobody, not the actors or the production crew thought it would amount to anything. But Lucas had a vision and he didn't care about opening week sales.

@Vance Astro said:
"  

@Gambler

..I made a similar point in the "Beyonce is Wonder Woman thread".Beyonce doesn't fit obviously because she's black but then people come in and suggest people to play the part who still don't fit.You don't make a better Wonder Woman than Beyonce simply because you're white.A bad Wonder Woman is a bad Wonder Woman regardless.I honestly hope who ever they pick..she's not on out radar.There isn't a single A-list actress than can be Diana and actually fit the part.   "
That's a great point. Whatever happened to discovering that next big thing? No one knew who Hugh Jackman was before he became Wolverine. They could do the same with Wonder Woman.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

To me rac eis important, not because I am racist in any way, but because it just doesn't feel right to have a character you've known and loved for years have something changed so drastically about them. It just doesn't sit well with me. That would like having Spirit from G.I. Joe being white instead of Native American.....it just isn't right.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin wasnt for a boost in sales no. they just really got a kick out of Mike. later though they figured
it did work because in modern times the Kingpin of Hells Kitchen NY probally wouldnt be a fat white dude who grew up in the Bronx.
Catwoman however was because of a demographic marketing scheme, as well it was a hat tip to Kitt.
point is however, Holly Wood ultimately doesnt care. if they believe it will make more money, thats what theyll do. then comes the math part. like it or not, the larger part of the worldwide consumer viewing audience at blockbuster super hero action movies, are not comic fans in fact, nor persons familiar with the books nor origins.

edit to reinforce my statement, as ive said it before and for whatever reason there was offense taken:

X-Men 2 grossed  $407,711,549 in the worldwide box office.
how many of the people that went to the theater and saw that would one wager read X-Men comics,
given the amount of money the X-books pulls in isnt any where near that?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TazzMission

all they would have to do is do what they did to the wayans bros in white chicks. and no race dosent matter. i read will smith is rumored for capt america and honestly im cool with that. and besides beyonce in a thong = mega ticket sales
Coldheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Coldheart

Great article Gambler!! I agree with what you're saying. Race is an important part of the character & if they;re going to change it should have a very good reason behind it. I think that Disneys movie was changed partially because of political correctness, they have a bunch of white princesses, 1 asian & 1 indian. It just makes sense to include other races.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TazzMission
@Coldheart said:

"Great article Gambler!! I agree with what you're saying. Race is an important part of the character & if they;re going to change it should have a very good reason behind it. I think that Disneys movie was changed partially because of political correctness, they have a bunch of white princesses, 1 asian & 1 indian. It just makes sense to include other races. "

they had one arabic also from aladin.
Coldheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Coldheart
@TazzMission said:
" @Coldheart said:

"Great article Gambler!! I agree with what you're saying. Race is an important part of the character & if they;re going to change it should have a very good reason behind it. I think that Disneys movie was changed partially because of political correctness, they have a bunch of white princesses, 1 asian & 1 indian. It just makes sense to include other races. "

they had one arabic also from aladin. "
Thanks!! I thought I was forgetting one.
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Editman

It does matter!!!!!!!!!!

When i posted this as a status on Face book the first thing everyone said, was "Beyonce is Black" 

I'm not a racist (At least not consciously) but it just throws off everything. You wouldn't watch a dragon ball Z movie if Master Roshi was Black would you? OR if The black Panther was Asian.

Then again i would, but they'd have to throw me out for Boisterous laughter

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TazzMission
@Editman said:
"It does matter!!!!!!!!!!  When i posted this as a status on Face book the first thing everyone said, was "Beyonce is Black"   I'm not a racist (At least not consciously) but it just throws off everything. You wouldn't watch a dragon ball Z movie if Master Roshi was Black would you? OR if The black Panther was Asian.    Then again i would, but they'd have to throw me out for Boisterous laughter "

my attitude is hollywood will never get a comic book film right and you know that. as far as beyonce as ww i dont care as long as the acting is subperb. im only gona see it just to see her in a red white blue thong. like cat woman the movie was terrible but halle berry was rocking that banging body in the cat woman outfit
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Editman

Eh, I'll wait for the bootleg

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" To me rac eis important, not because I am racist in any way, but because it just doesn't feel right to have a character you've known and loved for years have something changed so drastically about them. It just doesn't sit well with me. That would like having Spirit from G.I. Joe being white instead of Native American.....it just isn't right. "
I agree with this also.I hate race changes in movies.I think it's cheap and unnecessary.I was pretty pissed when Jade was asian in the Mortal Kombat movie and when the Kingpin was black in Daredevil.When you got to see a movie based on something you are expecting all the elements to resemble what it's based on.Race changes ruin that completely.On the same note I wouldn't even mind if they made a race change and it was good but they almost never work out...Look at how bad both Street Fighter movies there was so many race changes were.The acting was horrible.I cry blood when ever I watch Van Damme's Street Fighter.Also though the movies weren't just bad because of the race changes it was bad because the people they picked to play the parts didn't look anything like who they were supposed to be.I think people just need to make good casting judgements over all.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

There are soo many talented actors from all different races that putting together a good cast that's faithful to race and looks really shouldn't be as hard as they make it.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Agent Buttons
@Editman said:
"Eh, I'll wait for the bootleg "

Ha
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if it were true, and Beyonce was going to play WW.
but it was also confirmed that there would be a 5 to 10 minute scene
with full frontal and back nudity? would race be important then (and can
the guys here answer that question honestly)?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@CATMANEXE said:
" what if it were true, and Beyonce was going to play WW. but it was also confirmed that there would be a 5 to 10 minute scene with full frontal and back nudity? would race be important then (and can the guys here answer that question honestly)? "
I take it this question is just for the guys? Cause I'm pretty sure most women (straight) have no desire to see Beyonce's nude scene. And it doesn't really change the point. So she has a nude scene, so what? She's still the wrong color to play Wonder Woman. All the nude scene would mean is that there would be a ton of pirated WW clips of Beyonce.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler said:

All the nude scene would mean is that there would be a ton of pirated WW clips of Beyonce. "

um, no it would mean alot more than that actually. understand im moving this point with my last statement as well.
ill tell you two things a large amount of people like to see.
1. Beyonce
2. Beyonces body
and anohter
* controversy
fact is color doesnt matter, and the reason it doesnt is because the majority of the people that would pay to see the movie
dont actually read comic books. thats an actual fact right there. so what appeals to the consumer audiance goes first.
and they dont read the comics, so they dont really truly care about continuity or accuracy like we here do. they care
about other things in general, all of which are tested, marketed and approved. and really one coud say im jaded
for saying that the large part of the consumer audience eats up controversy but i can prove it as well. 

Beyonce to play WW.

theres one. guess what? Beyonce isnt playing Wonder Woman anyways. in fact there is no green lit WW movie at all.
its an internet rumor. someone just like us awhile back said they should make a WW live action movie. another person read that.
pretty soon it carried along and a rumor started that there was going to be one, and it was reinforced when one was actually announced (but that was the animated DVD, its just that those people forgot to mention this to anyone). then it extended.
someone said Beyonce would be perfect fro WW. see stage one. and here we are, in this thread, which is one of many on the web.
most ive read say shes confirmed, shes filming it now, and they even give a release date.

the actual movie in the works is Justice League. the only actress to have any scrap of actual on air, recorded connection to
play Wonder Woman is actually Megan Gale.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Gambler said:

All the nude scene would mean is that there would be a ton of pirated WW clips of Beyonce. "

um, no it would mean alot more than that actually. understand im moving this point with my last statement as well. ill tell you two things a large amount of people like to see. 1. Beyonce 2. Beyonces body and anohter * controversy fact is color doesnt matter, and the reason it doesnt is because the majority of the people that would pay to see the movie dont actually read comic books. . "
I respectfully disagree. Wonder Woman's core audience is women and kids. Little girls who look up to this iconic female role model. Dudes looking to see 5mins of Beyonce's nude body would just wait for the leaked photos to come out online. Megan Fox has a nude scene in her new movie, hows that working out for the film? Controversy would destroy a Wonder Woman film, are you crazy? Mothers and feminists would go ape sh!t if the studios through in a pointless Beyonce nude scene. Youre trying to tell me color doesnt matter simply because people (men) wanna see Beyonce naked? How does that make any sense? "Here's the new Wonder Woman, sure she looks darker then the iconic classic you all know and love, but hey, she's naked. I mean come on people, she gets naked." Yeah that will go over big ;)

@CATMANEXE said:
" @Gambler said:

thats an actual fact right there. so what appeals to the consumer audiance goes first. and they dont read the comics, so they dont really truly care about continuity or accuracy like we here do. they care about other things in general, all of which are tested, marketed and approved.  "

It is? Where did you pull this from? That you can change an icons race as long as they cause controversy and get naked. If someone made a Wonder Woman movie the consumers would be people who read or at the very least heard of Wonder Woman. She's a pretty recognizable figure. Halle Barry was decked out in a skimpy outfit and they even have a a semi-tessing shot in there as well. How'd that movie do? I'm sure that was tested, marketed and approved. Its not a fail safe formula. Especially for someone like Wonder Woman.

@CATMANEXE said:
"  and really one coud say im jaded for saying that the large part of the consumer audience eats up controversy but i can prove it as well.   Beyonce to play WW.  theres one. guess what? Beyonce isnt playing Wonder Woman anyways. in fact there is no green lit WW movie at all. its an internet rumor. someone just like us awhile back said they should make a WW live action movie. another person read that. pretty soon it carried along and a rumor started that there was going to be one, and it was reinforced when one was actually announced (but that was the animated DVD, its just that those people forgot to mention this to anyone). then it extended. someone said Beyonce would be perfect fro WW. see stage one. and here we are, in this thread, which is one of many on the web. most ive read say shes confirmed, shes filming it now, and they even give a release date.  the actual movie in the works is Justice League. the only actress to have any scrap of actual on air, recorded connection to play Wonder Woman is actually Megan Gale. "

Its only controversially in the comicbook industry/websites. Outside of them no one is paying any attention to who's playing Wonder Woman. And its not even a controversy. Its a bunch of us comic fans expressing our feelings on (if it ever happened) a pointless race change of a comicbook icon. Hypothetically the studio that would produce a WW flick wouldnt want the kind of controversy a Beyonce nude scene would cause. You think horny comic nerds and dudes who wanna see 5mins of Beyonce without clothes are the core audience? Hell no. Women and little kids are the target audience here.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the question was specific, but meant to illuminate the point. and be slightly humorous.
sorry the mention of nudity is offensive to you, noted for the future. the point, for the fourth time is,
the majority of persons who view the comic movies are not comic fans. so by the companies
numbers, what caters to that majority, which is way larger than the one that encompasses the actual readers,
is what goes first. hence why are comic characters are "changed" or "butchered" in films. and what does that majority care
about? yes, controversy. the point is Beyonce playing Wonder Woman in a movie would sell more because she is black.
thats why they did it with Catwoman. the movie had little hope for it as it was, and they needed something people would talk about
to get word of it out. note: the target audience isnt woman and kids. i have no clue what would give you that idea. you would be talking about a worldwide opening here. much like the Transformers film, it would be responsible for catering to a vast diverse group of persons. the animated movie itself had a larger consumer group of males, as did the Wonder Woman action figures that sold via
the animated series. 

It is? Where did you pull this from?

i already said where from. look at the gross revenue on the X-men films, Wolverine, Iron man, Batman, Superman,
hell Transformers even. it extended far and beyond the original fans.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Offensive to me? Did you even read what I posted? Shame. If you had maybe you'd see that I'm not disputing the fact that the majority of people who go to watch comicbook movies are not comicbook fans. But we're talking about A specific movie, a Wonder Woman movie to be exact. And that core audience and make up, regardless of if they read her comics, would be female/child oriented. For someone who loves facts you should know that Hollywood's cash cow is kids. Not grown men looking to catch 5mins of Beyonce nude. Sorry :(

A Wonder Woman movie would be targeted towards a specific group and it wouldn't  create unnecessary controversy in hopes of selling Wonder Woman. Thats just common sense. Hollywood didnt butcher Deadpool to create controversy, they did it cause they had no idea changing his character would cause such a backlash. Hence why they are taking careful measure to stay true to his character in his solo film. 

@CATMANEXE said:

"   the point is Beyonce playing Wonder Woman in a movie would sell more because she is black.  "

Sell more then what? A Wonder Woman movie that stayed close to her original look? If they get the right script and an actress who can bring Wonder Woman to the big screen then it would be huge. Your statement above lacks any credibility. It would be a cheap attempt to cash in and the paying public would see right through it. Like I said, and you ignored, Megan Fox shows a lil some'n some'n  in her new movie. Did it cause controversy? Did it help sales in the least? No.

By your assumption they should have Captain America be Asian and show his $#@!. Hey its controversial. Who cares about the character cause the core audience doesn't know anything about Cap. He shows his junk so people will flock to the theater. Don't think so.  

@CATMANEXE

said:

"
 It is? Where did you pull this from?  i already said where from. look at the gross revenue on the X-men films, Wolverine, Iron man, Batman, Superman, hell Transformers even. it extended far and beyond the original fans. "

These movies are neither controversial nor do they stray from the original origins. Except for Superman having a bastard kid and that controversial plot twist didn't help the movie one bit. Was Batman black? Nope. Did Iron Man get nude? Nope. Was Storm white? Don't think so. Your statement that it doesn't matter what race the character is as long as there's controversy has no legs. And if the comicbook readers/fans have no pull in what direction a comicbook movie goes, how do you explain the redone Sabretooth? Storm getting more screen time in X-3? Deadpool cutting away the bs ending in Origins? A completely revamped Hulk movie that was spot on? Pretty sure that movie did okay without changing Bruce Banner into a black dude.

There's no argument about comicbook movies extending beyond its original fans, but obviously they make up more of the audience then you want to admit. Other wise why would they have bothered to dig up the original voice of Optimus Prime? Who besides the original fans would even notice? Why remake the Hulk film and have it follow closely to the comicbook version if the original fans are such a minority? Hell even my grandparents know Wonder Woman is white and they haven't seen a comicbook character in 60 years or better.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Gambler said:

" @TheDrifter said:
"   "
Hahahaha I wish I would have found this when I was searching for pictures. Nice "

Who is that man?  He looks familiar....

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@White Mage: lmao no idea. He looks like one of the Wayans brothers
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Gambler: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! 

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CortSether

I completely agree with Gambler on this one. The changing of race of a character just to appear PC is incredibly obvious, and I also noticed it was usually replacing a white character. For example, I got pretty pissed when they casted Will Smith to play the lead in "I Am Legend" because he is nothing like the character, race is different, etc. I also heard that they are thinking of redoing the story of Pocahontas but making John Smith black. WTF? There is seriously no purpose to that. 

Also, P. Diddy wants to take on the role of James Bond. HONESTLY?!?!?

http://celebrifi.com/gossip/P-Diddy-Ill-Be-Black-James-Bond-556159.html

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

There was a guy on IMDb.com that made a thread about why he thought Denzel Washington should be cast as Superman. Everyone bashed him. Race definitely matters.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@aztek the lost said:
That was Duncan right? He was amazing regardless, couldn't have casted better myself