New Spiderman film? A must see?

StellaDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By StellaDivine

According to Rotten Tomatoes, the new Spiderman film has been given a 77 out of 100. I'm not too sure what to think about this, I'm debating if I should see it or not. I mean it could be that the people who watched it are just out for the visuals rather than the story itself, or the film is really all together a bad film. Maybe the audience believes its a good film but it really isn't because they've never read a Spiderman comic book. Who knows what the case is, but all I want to know if it's worth the watch and if it fulfills reboot standards?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

See it. It was excellent, in my opinion.

MustardVolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By MustardVolt

I'm going to see it tonight, 77 out of 100 isn't all that bad Stella lol, thats like 7.7/10 which I'd be pretty happy with if someone was reviewing me :)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

It was good bordering on great.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

7.7 is acceptable but movie makers should be going for 110 percent. It could had been better than the dark knight.

SimmosFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SimmosFace

A lot more true to the comics than the originals, but still some differences.

StellaDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StellaDivine

@SimmosFace: I did in fact watched it last weekend, and I admit I was impressed. Yes, it wasn't perfect but it was definitely worth the watch. It is unfortunate that it didn't come out before Sam Raimi's rendition.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

I've heard that it's fantastic on the relationship side, but otherwise kind of light on the plot and villain development side. Along with messing up Uncle Ben's big (read: last) moments, I've been kind of torn about seeing it for myself, despite knowing that since it's a Spider-Man film, I'm going to see it eventually anyway.

StellaDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StellaDivine

@JonSmith: Oh yes! The relationship between Peter and Gwen is definitely there. Watching it actually made me prefer Gwen Stacy over Mary Jane. There are a few factors here an there but, it isn't something completely devastating. Definitely watch it. I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I might be.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

@StellaDivine: Now THAT'S a glowing review if I have ever heard one: "I wasn't as disappointed I as I thought I'd be." Truly, box cover quote, that.

In all seriousness though, this thread is making me think that I really should place it higher up my priority list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film was really good, much better than the Raimi trilogy and on par with the other Marvel films (even though Marvel Studios didn't produce it). However, for those that don't follow Spider-Man some of the character development can feel a bit quick, but there is enough their for you to know what the motivations for the character are even if they make a bit of a leap with the mental decline of the Lizard. Some of the stuff in the film is a modern take on the classic canon (such as Uncle Ben's line which I think the new version has a much greater impact on modern audiences than the original line does......if the meaning of Superman's S-shield can change then why not Spider-Man's tag line? It still means the same thing even if its said differently). As for the "untold origin" promised by the trailers.....its there. I don't want to spoil it for people that haven't seen the film, but again if you know the comics you'll recognize the gaps this film is filling in from the canon that we know and leaves the story open enough to keep exploring these new avenues. I know a lot of people have been stated the film doesn't fill in enough, but I enjoy the fact a simple explanation wasn't shoved in my face and that the writers have room to keep working on this specific subplot in the sequels.

So long post short, go see it. It may not have been produced by Marvel Studios, but its near identical with everything Marvel Studios has been putting out lately and much better than the other non-Marvel Studios films in the past (including X-Men: First Class).

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

I was surprised by how good it was actually. I would definitely put it as a must-see for super-hero fans not necessarily general movie fans though (but then again I wouldn't recommend the Avengers to someone who wasn't a super-hero fan either so maybe that's a mute point).

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Guardiandevil83

It was pretty good. Visually a must see..especially if your smoking Kush.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#13  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Best Spider-Man movie ever...a must see.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By longbowhunter

It really sucks this movie isn't getting more attention. It was very good.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#15  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@longbowhunter said:

It really sucks this movie isn't getting more attention. It was very good.

This...heck it is my favorite film(tied with Avengers)

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Humanoid

Can't say I enjoyed the Lizard, but I enjoyed every other aspect of the film.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMHO (and I know it's a minority one) 

Amazing Spider-man > The Avengers. Also, of all the Stan Lee cameo's..this one is my favorite. :)

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving

Finally saw it and it really wasn't anything special in my opinion a lot of minor things I didn't like. The suit, the look of the lizard, and biggest thing was Andrew Garfield I just don't think he fit the part well.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I realize many disagree, but I didn't like it.

StellaDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StellaDivine
@JonSmith: Sadly, the odds of me doing it again was probably 1 in 2 chance. But as I mentioned earlier definitely see it sometime.
lordemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By lordemp

I saw the movie but I didn't like at all.

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

Does anyone else think the Lizard looked a bit odd in some scenes?

No Caption Provided
Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Zomboid

@Manwhohaseverything said:

Also, of all the Stan Lee cameo's..this one is my favorite. :)

Definitely agree with this!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

It had everything the last 3 movies were missing, unfortunately it didn't have much of what they had going for them but its a good movie, not great but good

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Superguy0009e

The movie was good, but the characterization of Peter was bad. He was more of a punk skater than a shy nerd.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#26  Edited By Queso6p4

@Superguy0009e said:

The movie was good, but the characterization of Peter was bad. He was more of a punk skater than a shy nerd.

Yeah, I didn't quite get the skater thing but at least they did the nerd part pretty well. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie as it did well as a standalone movie (yes, yes, sequels are inevitable), didn't need outside explanation to explain character motivations as it made each characters' decisions stay aligned with their in-film development, had a nice balance of emotional weight and comedy, and had a nice sense of wholeness to it, particularly at the end. I've seen some reviews reviling it for being "too dark" but I just don't get it. Seems they were ignoring the other wonderful, funny, heart warming, and light-hearted parts of the movie.