How nerfed is the Infinity Gauntlet gonna be?

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will it be "yep this is dat dere nigh-omnipotence" like in the comics, or will it just be the combined power of the MCU Infinity Stones? I hope it's the former so we get to see some straight up planetbusting/reality overwrite etc.

And I wonder if MCU Thanos with the IG will be strong enough to fight against comic book characters like PC Darkseid or Odin

I doubt it though.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone assuming he is going to get a full gauntlet? I think there's already been various statements from producers saying he won't complete it and in the teaser thing he only has like 2 of the gems. Chances are we are not going to see him get all the gems because then he's just too powerful to beat.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Why is everyone assuming he is going to get a full gauntlet? I think there's already been various statements from producers saying he won't complete it and in the teaser thing he only has like 2 of the gems. Chances are we are not going to see him get all the gems because then he's just too powerful to beat.

He most definitely will, we've seen him teased with the full set back in 2014

Even if it's not in this movie, it's gonna be in Infinity War 2 in 2019

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

It's okay for Thanos to become too powerful to beat. His character flaw in the comics is that he subconsciously does not deem himself worthy of total power, so he always unconsciously leaves holes in his plans and actions and gives his opponents opportunities to thwart him. In the Infinity War comic event, where Thanos was literally omnipotent and faced the entire Marvel universe, you can replace his opposition with the MCU Avengers, and he still would have "lost" because his opposition does not matter, he plans his own defeat.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

It's okay for Thanos to become too powerful to beat. His character flaw in the comics is that he subconsciously does not deem himself worthy of total power, so he always unconsciously leaves holes in his plans and actions and gives his opponents opportunities to thwart him. In the Infinity War comic event, where Thanos was literally omnipotent and faced the entire Marvel universe, you can replace his opposition with the MCU Avengers, and he still would have "lost" because his opposition does not matter, he plans his own defeat.

I know all that but I think that sort of thing actually works better in a comic than it would in a movie. In the comics Thanos was the center of the story along with Adam. In a cbm the heroes are generally the center and meant to defeat the villain through some work of their own rather than seeing Thanos become an Eternity like being and then one of the Avengers just walking over to his body and taking the glove off of him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@nickzambuto said:
@spambot said:

I know all that but I think that sort of thing actually works better in a comic than it would in a movie. In the comics Thanos was the center of the story along with Adam. In a cbm the heroes are generally the center and meant to defeat the villain through some work of their own rather than seeing Thanos become an Eternity like being and then one of the Avengers just walking over to his body and taking the glove off of him.

I get what you mean now.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why everyone keeps asking how they'll defeat Thanos when they never beat him in the comics

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's won't be omnipotent. I think it will be heavily nerfed to like planet level at its maximum.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mimisalome

They probably stripped about 30% to 50% of its comic book cheesiness

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not expecting him to be one-shotting multiple planets or cutting Celetials in half or any of the other ludicrous feats he pulled in the comic. ...tho I am not opposed to seeing that lol

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theCrazyBean

@slayz: Planet level at its maximum? Well, power gem by itself is planet level, so he should be way above that if he completes the guantlet.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah definitely going to be needed just not sure to what extent

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are people talking about? the power gem alone is planet level.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

from trailer we can clearly say

1. he got Tesseract from Loki as per Avengers 1 deal.
  2. He should have definitely got the Soul gem from Ragnarok considering Thor's status in trailer.
  3. He could easily get power gem and reality gem from collector and Nova Corp.

So he should at least have 2 - 4 gems before he reaches the Earth.

If infinity gauntlet isn't nerfed to their the whole Avengers + GOTG gets one shot based on their current feats.

Unless Thor , hulk gets major upgrade.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

What did the power gem do?

No Caption Provided

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Laiks Stake

@slayz: The power stone alone is easily planet buster.

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yosefscion

Maybe it wouldn't be nerfed? IIRC FOX Magneto is as powerful as his comic counterpart (both are planet-level).

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yosefscion: fox Magneto is still very below his comic counterpart..

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Why do people get so triggered over characters being "nerfed"? You seriously think they're going to show Thanos blowing up universes in a movie? That sounds like a terrible movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: True, but look at all the possible MCU Thanos threads, am I right?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Why do people get so triggered over characters being "nerfed"? You seriously think they're going to show Thanos blowing up universes in a movie? That sounds like a terrible movie.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Seriously enough of these threads...

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: Nah man. All the MCU fanboys will be able to say Supes beats Thor...but Thanos!

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Isn't limited to just Thanos though. Thor fans get triggered as hell because he isn't strong enough according to them

TwotoneZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Agree so very much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If Thor lasts 2 seconds against Thonos (even if Thanos stomps) we can scale Thor to make him a casual planet buster because if Thonos is universal, that would only make sense.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If Thor lasts 2 seconds against Thonos (even if Thanos stomps) we can scale Thor to make him a casual planet buster because if Thonos is universal, that would only make sense.

lol.

Thanosfan500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just no

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lukehero said:
@fallschirmjager said:

This ^ Comic book fans are dumb. I remember when BvS was in development and all the CavEl fantards where moaning about how "Superman would get humiliated on screen" and that they would leave the film if Batman wasn't defeated within a couple of seconds.