Avengers 4: Which characters will have the bigger roles?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
No Caption Provided
  • Iron Man: Tony is strongly implied to be the main threat to Thanos. Strange chose to save him to complete the "1 scenario" where they'd win against Thanos; Tony is overall the threat to Thanos, per writer statement
  • Captain America and Black Widow: Directly stated by the Russo Brothers, the duo of the original Avengers will have a much bigger role in the upcoming movie, and more important scenes than plain fights against Thanos' top henchmen
  • Captain Marvel: pretty self-explanatory, new character, vital character called by Fury specifically, will be most powerful character in the MCU
  • Ant-Man and Hawkeye: weren't in Avengers: Infinity War, since they were in a "Government Deal", presumably Clint's family is wiped out, possibly Ronin is introduced in the MCU
  • Nebula: history with Thanos, Gamora and the Guardians, fitting that she will be a deciding factor in Thanos' defeat if they stay loyal to the comics
  • Okoye, Nakia and Shuri: The Russo brothers refused to answer wether or not the 2 Wakandan ladies are wiped out by the Snap, because it would "give away important part of the movie", and they seem to agree that Danai Gurira's Okoye has a strong role in the upcoming movie
  • Hulk: they might do him justice after fans' outrage, using him only to establish the big bad's threat level - fan theory has it that him and Banner will turn to one

Who do you think they'll focus on more in A4?

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk and both the captains and widow

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

According to me i think the main pioneers will cap and iron man since both have been divided due to civil war so they story might centers around both of them at a point and since strange realized that there was no other option therefore both of them could only lead avengers to a victory which looks inevitable............ other than that Thor was totally broken since his whole family had died in front of his eyes and neither ant man or black widow or captain marvel had that sense of responsibility to lead the Avengers in MCU

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap. America, Iron Man, and Carol.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America because I have a feeling that he's either gonna retire or die.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiracleComeBack

hulk could go WBH and more

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OG Avengers, Antman, Cap Marvel, and probably Nebula will have major roles

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony and Thor after IW

Carol is practically confirmed to be

I hope Nebula and Rocket are given some substantial roles

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

Tony, Steve and Thanos.

Steve and Tony's relationship is likely going to be central to A4 since it's probably gonna be their swan song.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Those left behind I suppose. And from those Tony and Steve.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony comes out as the MVP and uses the Infinity Gauntlet to restore the universe. Calling it now

Carol can do whatever, she’s literally a warmongering fascist and has yet to be proven otherwise

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, Bruce and Carol, with Steve and Odinson being the runner-ups.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony and Steve.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amcu

Captain America, Tony and Thanos. Maybe Captain Marvel as well but not sure.

Steve is likely going to die in this one and his relationship with Stark will be a central part of the movie.

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same people who had to largest roles in Infinity War for the most part. Thanos might get pushed to the back and replaced by Hulk since he was completely absent and they need to redeem him and do an arc so he's getting all the super realistic cgi spotlight.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaladue said:

The same people who had to largest roles in Infinity War for the most part. Thanos might get pushed to the back and replaced by Hulk since he was completely absent and they need to redeem him and do an arc so he's getting all the super realistic cgi spotlight.

I'm pretty sure they said that the people that got small roles in IW would get bigger roles in this one.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Tony and Steve are going to be the main people. Similar to Hickman's Avengers run, though probably with a more happy ending.

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@shaladue said:

I'm pretty sure they said that the people that got small roles in IW would get bigger roles in this one.

Eh bigger roles yeah but I doubt they will be the stars of the film, especially since people like Cap and Widow can't really contribute much to the bigger picture. Ironman is the MCU's biggest star and the largest threat to Thanos so his spot is secured to take up a big total, then they're tossing Carl Manvers to lead, and Antman's Quantumness, and Hulk's big comeback then they most likely might continue to push Thanos' development which rumor has it, drags in family drama with Nebula. Even with a good portion of characters dead, film will still be clustered. At best I see Cap getting Spiderman's screentime and playing sidekick to Ironman since they are to meet again. All in all, the high tiers get the spotlight.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaladue: I don't think so. Captain America has been confirmed to have a larger role IIRC. And his role in IW was small but still decently significant. He's one of their most popular characters and Marvel definitely wants to give him as much of a role as possible. The directors actually said that they originally had him enter IW at the end of the film(He apparently was supposed to have Thor's entrance)but everyone was mad at them for not having Cap in more of the movie. Considering he is likely to die in this one I'd be shocked if he didn't have a lot to do with the plot.

He also had more screen time in Age of Ultron than Tony did.

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shaladue

@amcu: I guess if they say so. His larger role will no doubtedly be intertwined with Tony's arc. Outside of that there still isn't much he can bring to the table. The only significant thing he did in Infinity War was save Vision and bring him to Wakanda, everything else was him just fighting briefly in multiple quick shots. Loki has a fangirl army behind him and was killed like nothing so I wouldn't say popularity gets you more importance.

Age of Ultron was literally them against evil Ironman Junior. Where as Thanos is a universal threat with weapons of mass destruction not to mention Infinity War is the culmination of the MCU and Tony is the center piece of it, they've been building up his fight with Thanos since A1/IM3 so Steve can't steal his moment this time. He's outmatched in power level and basically insignificant to the larger goal since high tiers Thor, Ironman, Hulk and Manvers will be doing the most in order to actually stop Thanos. The stakes are alot more personal for Stark

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

Tony comes out as the MVP and uses the Infinity Gauntlet to restore the universe. Calling it now

Carol can do whatever, she’s literally a warmongering fascist and has yet to be proven otherwise

She's authoritarian, not fascist.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tony and Steve, followed by Hulk and Thor.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laiks stake: Civil War II made her pretty fascist, arresting people before they committed crimes and imposing a police state