Avatar image for twisting_spiral
Twisting Spiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Twisting Spiral

I apologize ahead of time if I'm dropping this into the wrong forum. I did a quick look in a few forums I thought it would be in but didn't find anything. At any rate, for anyone poppingot Megacon, you might want to be aware of this guy. 

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/24/who-on-earth-is-rob-granito/   
http://mlbatg.blogspot.com/2011/03/anyone-know-who-this-guy-is.html  

It looks like he's ripping off artwork from legitimate artists and is passing himself off as a guy with a lot of art credits to his name. It's pretty blatantly false (he claims his latest work is Calvin & Hobbes, for example)... all of the stuff he claims as his have been credited to other artists. Another tip off is all 'his work" varies styles drastically.

I don't think anything can be done at this point (since it seems he's already going to be at Megacon), but I thought anyone going should know to avoid his table and avoid supporting him. Just a heads up folks.

soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soundbite

lolz
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Why avoid his table when you can go and throw stuff at him?

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TypingKira

Totally go up to him and start asking him all sorts of industry-related questions, and what it was like to work with Adam Hughes, JMS, Stan Lee, Grant Morrison, Larry Lieber, and other random comic writers and artists. Doesn't matter what company, so long as it's industry-related. Ask him about capturing Batman's subtle intricacies. Oh and tell him that he messed up on Wonder Woman's eyes. And that he LOOKS like an artist (this, depending on what kind of a$$hole he is, will either make him squirm, confuse him, or inflate his ego to the point of explosion).