Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

Note- Some of the dialogue is written in Japanese. Check the spoilers for translation.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 69- Resurrection

It was sometime in the 18th-century. The ancient sorcerer and blacksmith named Muramasa had crafted powerful weapons back in his secret home. He was an old man, and to be trusted by the noble lords of Japan. However, there was one person who had set his eyes on him, and his name was Romulus, the immortal mutant, who came to Japan in order to seek out Muramasa himself. The old mystic had noticed this, and said, "Nandeshou?" Romulus said in Japanese, `Watashinonamaeha romurusudesu. Mura Masa-san, anata no koto o kiita koto ga arimasu. Koko ni kite, onegaishimasu.' The mystic didn't know what the wild mutant was really asking for. But then he got a pretty good idea. He also realized that Romulus was currently leading the bodyguard unit to protect the current Japanese Emperor. Muramasa said, `Ā , naruhodo. Anata wa tadashī basho ni kimashita, watashi no yūjin.' Romulus smiled at him, and was allowed to enter his house. The house wasn't big enough that most rich, Japanese citizens could afford, but this one was quite mysterious by the looks of it. In such a small place, the mystic had the opportunity to make forbidden weapons of Japanese history. He was also said to be the greatest warrior of all time, since he fought among the Emperors of ancient Japan.

Romulus was pleased to meet both the old sorcerer and the blacksmith. Muramasa had said that he created the Black Blade, which grants superhuman strength and invulnerability to the wielder. But there was always a price. If the wielder had used the weapon for too long, then he or she would become possessed by Muramasa's mad soul. It happened one day when a swordsman wielded the Black Blade for practice. And that the swordsman went berserk, killing the innocent villagers out there. Romulus had witnessed those events alone, which was why he sought out to seek the blacksmith in the first place. He hoped that one day when the time comes to defeat certain enemies like him, he would have to use that particular weapon against them. Romulus knew the outcome of course. There was always a price to pay, and that was his soul.

Muramasa heard the wild mutant's request. He said, `Kore dake o otsutae shimasu. Sōdesu, watashi wa tamashī no ichibu o chūshutsu shi, nan'nen mo mae ni burakkuburēdo ni haichi shimashita. Sore wa kutsūna purosesudeshita. Shikashi mahō wa kinō shimasu. Sore ga anata ga watashi ni nozonde iru kotoda to omoimasu ka?' Romulus nodded and said, `Hai,-mura sei. Sore ga watashi ga hoshī monodesu.' Muramasa thought for a while and then said, `Ryōkaishimashita. Kurayaminonakade watashi ni aimashou. Tōchaku suru mae ni junbi o shimasu. Sorekara purosesu o kaishi shimasu.'

And there was that. Romulus had his piece of his own soul, implanted in the new weapon called the Romulus Blade. The great and powerful blacksmith said, `Kono ha wa anata no chiyu nōryoku ni eikyōwoataeru kanōsei ga arimasu. Chīsana kirikizu demo kaifuku suru no ni jikan ga kakarimasu. Purosesu ga kanryō suru to, atomodori suru koto wa arimasen.' Romulus nodded at the current information that he was given. The blacksmith smiled and said, `Yatte mimasen ka?' Romulus stared at the new blade for a while and then said, `Hai. Chīsana katto de jūbundesu.' Muramasa nodded and took his new weapon carefully, and aimed at the right hand of Romulus. He cut the skin slightly, and the great Romulus winced in pain. Muramasa said, `Itaidesu yo ne?' The wild mutant looked at his wound, and found that it didn't heal right away. Muramasa was right.

`Anata wa yoku yatta,' Romulus said and smiled. `Dōsureba hensai dekimasu ka?'

Murasmasa shook his head and said, `Watashi no yūjin, anata wa sudeni sore o shimashita. Anata no tamashī no ichibu o teikyō suru koto ni yotte. Sore wa watashi ga anata kara hitsuyō to shita subetedesu.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 1940s, Muramasa was now serving the leader of the Yashida Clan. Lord Shingen heard the news about the blacksmith and ordered the great Muramasa to fashion his blades for the entire clan. The weapons were made eventually, but not in magic. These ordinary weapons were only forged to defend the clan itself. However, Lord Shingen said that he could use a magical sword after he had learned the secrets of the Black Blade and the Romulus Blade. Muramasa said, `Watashi no omo yo, romurusu no ha wa ubawa remashita. Shikashi, watashi wa kuroi ha shika motte imasen. Anata ga sono buki o tsukaunara, sore wa anata o anata jishin no soshiki ni sakarau kamo shiremasen. Soshite anata wa sore o nozomanaideshou. Watashi o shinjite kudasai.' Lord Shingen understood the blacksmith's point, but he had told Muramasa of what he had found about the ancient forest of Kaji.

`Ā ,-sōda,' Muramasa said. `Kaji… sono basho o yoku shitte imasu, watashi no omo yo. Shirubāsamurai no yoroi wa kodai jiin no doko ka ni kakusa rete ite, 16 seiki no 7-ri no senshi ni yotte mamora rete ita to kikimashita.' He looked at his master for a while and said, `Anata wa sore o te ni ireru tsumoridesu ka?' Lord Shingen looked outside the window and said, `Hai,-mura sei. Watashi wa sore o te ni iremasu. Soshite watashi o tomeru koto ga dekiru hito wa dare mo inaideshou.' By making his promise, Lord Shingen have successfully obtained the armor after ambushing the seven warriors of Kaji. From that time onward, Lord Shingen became one of the most powerful beings in Japan, and there was nobody else to stop him.

But there was someone who arrived in Japan, according to Muramasa's vision. His name was Logan. He had warned Lord Shingen that his vision will come true, no matter how Lord Shingen would try to stop it. For that, he had to form the Dawn of the White Light, a group of Japanese mutants, who would give their part of their souls, in order to bring Shingen back from the dead. Shingen had no choice, but to recruit the young Kikyo Mikage to not only join the dangerous group, but the Yashida Clan as well. It was the only way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After recruiting Gorgon, Sunfire and Daken to the team, Kikyo led them to the secret stronghold of the Yashida Clan. They had stolen the armor from Kaji, and carried it to the hidden place, where Shingen's corpse lied on the floor. Muramasa watched them carefully, carrying the armor, and then placing it on the floor next to Shingen's corpse. Four Japanese mutants were then ordered to remove all of their clothes. They stood naked around Shingen's corpse and the Silver Samurai armor. The great Muramasa chanted the words of forbidden magic. The part of the souls that got transferred from the four mutants, have reanimated the corpse. The process of reanimation took only a couple of minutes. Then the corpse opened his eyes, and said, `Watashi wa modotte kimashita.' He got up slowly and looked at the new members of the Dawn of the White Light. He said to Kikyo, `Otsukaresamadeshita, kikyō. Ogenkidesuka.' Then he looked at his precious armor, and wore it with ease. The legendary Silver Samurai have finally returned from death.

A few months later, Muramasa had another vision. He was shocked to see it, and that he hadn't seen it coming before. He thought Kikyo was the catalyst in forming the Dawn of the White Light, so that Lord Shingen could come back. But Kikyo was also the betrayer. Dōshite kon'nani baka ni naretadarou ka? Muramasa thought. Kore ga kuru no o mite itara... He woke up from the bed immediately, hoping to warn Lord Shingen in time. However, Kikyo had hid himself in Muramasa's room carefully enough that he couldn't be seen in plain sight. The silent assassin walked slowly behind the great Muramasa, and cut his head off.

Now, all Kikyo had to do was wait for the opportunity to kill Lord Shingen. Of course, he could have killed him years ago, but needed to buy some time before he could successfully kill him. After all, the great Muramasa had visions of the future. Even though, Kikyo can't sense or see these visions, he could calculate them in a way that no warrior could have done before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the silent, mutant assassin slashin' his teammates, over and over again. There were some blood spillin' all over the floor. Daken cried out in animal anger, and slashed Kikyo's back. But Kikyo's injury healed instantly, and he swing his adamantium swords around him. I have neva seen him doin' that kinda trick before. He must be a real, good assassin if ya ask me. Sunfire threw a blast on him, and Kikyo moved away as fast as a hoppin' rabbit. He used his katana to strike the flyin' fiery mutant on the leg. Sunfire winced in pain and fell down on the floor. Then this Tomi guy, also did katana skills on the mutant assassin. Kikyo jumped over him, and slashed his back. Tomi cried out in pain. Then Kikyo stabbed his chest, right through the heart. Tomi stopped, and stood there. His glasses began to fall down. Kikyo shouted in English, "Logan! Yuriko! Close your eyes!" Yuriko and I closed our eyes, even though we didn't know what was going on. There were a lot of screamin' and runnin' feet all over the place. Then a few seconds later, Kikyo said, "You can open your eyes now." We opened our eyes and found out that some of the Hand ninjas were frozen like statues and the Yashida ninjas were also turned. I don't know if some of them escaped or not. But it looks that way.

It seems that Tomi can turn people into stone, which explains why he wore the sunglasses in the first place. Anyways, he was dead now as he lied down on the floor. The Silver Samurai was not affected because he probably had worn his mystical armor to protect himself from Tomi's gaze. Who knows? Right? Eventually, Shingen thought that he had the upper hand in beatin' me along with his Dawn of the White Light crap. And speakin' of that damn group of his, I can see that both Daken and Sunfire were already gone. The Silver Samurai grumbled in anger. He charged his katana with pure energy. And guess what? The armor healed itself.

The Silver Samurai said to Kikyo, `Bakada! Naniwoshita no?!' He charged his katana again with so much energy that he struck the floor down. Kikyo got hit by the energy wave, and fell back. Yuriko and I were also got hit.

"WRAAARGH!" It was intense pain with that kinda energy. Yuriko must have felt the pain too. She got up slowly and said, "Are you alright, Logan?" I said, "Yea... We gotta stop Shingen before he takes any more damage." Yuriko nodded and we both went to attack the Silver Samurai. We slashed him a couple of times, but Shingen punched me on the face, and then kicked Yuriko on the gut. Shingen keeps coughin' blood, since Kikyo stabbed him twice earlier. Instead of hittin's us again, he went after the silent assassin. Then Kikyo immediately got up, and stabbed on Shingen's armored neck. He stopped.

For what felt like a couple of minutes, the Silver Samurai fell down on the floor after Kikyo took the adamantium sword out. The great Lord Shingen had finally come to an end. I stared at Kikyo and he didn't say anythin' about what he just did. He walks away. I was about to stop him, when Yuriko said, "No Logan. Let him go. It's over." Yea... I'm glad it was over. Even though I didn't need help from the Kaji warriors as before, we certainly gotten help from an unlikely ally, who also turned out to be an assassin.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 70- Behind the Mask.

Alright folks! The Silver Samurai is finally dead. Now that's over, what will happen next? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I'm glad that tin can is dead fer good. SNIKT!

Translation

1. "Nandeshou?"

"What do you want?"

2. `Watashinonamaeha romurusudesu. Mura Masa-san, anata no koto o kiita koto ga arimasu. Koko ni kite, onegaishimasu.'

"My name is Romulus. I've heard about you, Muramasa. I've come here to ask you a favor."

3. `Ā , naruhodo. Anata wa tadashī basho ni kimashita, watashi no yūjin.'

"Ah, I see. You've come to the right place, my friend."

4. `Kore dake o otsutae shimasu. Sōdesu, watashi wa tamashī no ichibu o chūshutsu shi, nan'nen mo mae ni burakkuburēdo ni haichi shimashita. Sore wa kutsūna purosesudeshita. Shikashi mahō wa kinō shimasu. Sore ga anata ga watashi ni nozonde iru kotoda to omoimasu ka?'

"I will only tell you this. That yes, I have extracted my part of the soul, and placed it on the Black Blade years ago. It was a painful process. But the magic works. I assume that's what you want from me?"

5. `Hai,-mura sei. Sore ga watashi ga hoshī monodesu.'

"Yes, Muramasa. That is what I want."

6. `Ryōkaishimashita. Kurayaminonakade watashi ni aimashou. Tōchaku suru mae ni junbi o shimasu. Sorekara purosesu o kaishi shimasu.'

"Alright. Meet me in the hour at dark. I'll make some preparations before you arrive. And then we'll start the process."

7. `Kono ha wa anata no chiyu nōryoku ni eikyōwoataeru kanōsei ga arimasu. Chīsana kirikizu demo kaifuku suru no ni jikan ga kakarimasu. Purosesu ga kanryō suru to, atomodori suru koto wa arimasen.'

"This blade can affect your healing abilities. Even a small cut will take time to recover. Once the process is done, there's no turning back."

8. `Yatte mimasen ka?'

"Do you want to try it?"

9. `Hai. Chīsana katto de jūbundesu.'

"Yes. A small cut is enough."

10. `Itaidesu yo ne?'

"Painful, isn't it?"

11. `Anata wa yoku yatta.'

"You have done well."

12. `Dōsureba hensai dekimasu ka?'

"How can I repay you?"

13. `Watashi no yūjin, anata wa sudeni sore o shimashita. Anata no tamashī no ichibu o teikyō suru koto ni yotte. Sore wa watashi ga anata kara hitsuyō to shita subetedesu.'

"You have already done that, my friend. By offering your part of the soul. That's all I needed from you."

14. `Watashi no omo yo, romurusu no ha wa ubawa remashita. Shikashi, watashi wa kuroi ha shika motte imasen. Anata ga sono buki o tsukaunara, sore wa anata o anata jishin no soshiki ni sakarau kamo shiremasen. Soshite anata wa sore o nozomanaideshou. Watashi o shinjite kudasai.'

"The Romulus Blade has been taken away, my lord. but I only have the Black Blade with me. If you use that weapon, it could turn you against your own organization. And you wouldn't want that. Trust me."

15. `Ā ,-sōda'

"Ah, yes"

16. `Kaji… sono basho o yoku shitte imasu, watashi no omo yo. Shirubāsamurai no yoroi wa kodai jiin no doko ka ni kakusa rete ite, 16 seiki no 7-ri no senshi ni yotte mamora rete ita to kikimashita.'

"Kaji... I know that place very well, my lord. I have heard that the Silver Samurai's armor was kept hidden somewhere in the ancient temple, and being protected by the seven warriors of the 16th-century."

17. `Anata wa sore o te ni ireru tsumoridesu ka?'

"Are you planning to get it?"

18. `Hai,-mura sei. Watashi wa sore o te ni iremasu. Soshite watashi o tomeru koto ga dekiru hito wa dare mo inaideshou.'

"Yes, Muramasa. I will get it. And there will be no one, who can stop me."

19. `Watashi wa modotte kimashita.'

"I have returned."

20. `Otsukaresamadeshita, kikyō. Ogenkidesuka.'

"Good work, Kikyo. You have done well."

21. Dōshite kon'nani baka ni naretadarou ka?

How could I have been such a fool?

22. Kore ga kuru no o mite itara...

If only I had seen this coming...

23. `Bakada! Naniwoshita no?!'

"You fool! What have you done?!"