Thanos should win this.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pooty

This is Thanos tanking Thor's lightning. Even asking for more. The second blast is considerably larger then the first. I'll take Thanos over them both.

P.S. You will have the same two people saying Thor = Thanos.

No Caption Provided

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should win.

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should win.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Thor should've hit him with the same lightning he used against Chaos King. Oh and with the same blows he dealt to Gorr.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pooty

@pooty: Thor should've hit him with the same lightning he used against Chaos King. Oh and with the same blows he dealt to Gorr.

I have a hard time thinking Thor holds back against someone as deadly as Thanos.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

@pooty said:

@bigcimmerian said:

I have a hard time thinking Thor holds back against someone as deadly as Thanos.

Agreed.

Though I haven't decided who wins.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Then why wasn't Earth crushed by their blows or why didn't he summon lightning miles wide? :P

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

thanos did you see how he flicked hullk off of him in infinity 6?

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins he already regularly owns Thor and Superman won't be much harder.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhaigo99 said:

But what about both of them at the same time?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dextersinister

@bigcimmerian said:

@pooty said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Then why wasn't Earth crushed by their blows or why didn't he summon lightning miles wide? :P

That fight was based on Earth, collateral damage is more exaggerated when a fight takes place off Earth. Other planets job.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah guys this would have been better if it was warriors madness for and superboy prime.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jhaigo99 said:

You can't really equate that to fighting both simultaneously.

Giving it to Thanos 7/10 though.

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I think he can probably focus on one while the other uselessly attacks him so if he attacked Thor first he can pretty much deal with him like usual then take Superman once that's done so I give Thanos an 8/10 because Superman could technically leave and Sundip for as long as he needs to and Thor could repeatedly Godblast him but that's pretty out of character for both of them.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jhaigo99 said:

@rogueshadow: I think he can probably focus on one while the other uselessly attacks him so if he attacked Thor first he can pretty much deal with him like usual then take Superman once that's done so I give Thanos an 8/10 because Superman could technically leave and Sundip for as long as he needs to and Thor could repeatedly Godblast him but that's pretty out of character for both of them.

Neither of their high end attacks are anything close to useless, even excluding sundip & Godblast, which they don't necessarily need to use in my opinion.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really if they know the threat they're facing? So the question is could Thor hold Thanos off long enough for Superman to power up?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Experio

I say its a tie. Both the team and Thanos posses means of defeating each other. Thanos can straight up go full power and use shields as defense, Thor can use God blast or max weather ability while Superman sun-dips etc.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well honestly unpowered Thor and Superman would lose. Is Superman allowed to sundip?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dondave

That wouldn't be smart considering he'd be destroying the very planet he's trying to save.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins, but maybe one dies. Thor and Supes are more than capable of winning together.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@bigcimmerian said:

That wouldn't be smart considering he'd be destroying the very planet he's trying to save.

Exactly. Space feats are often different than Earth feats (especially for heroes).

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos doesn't have morals/in character as whats to stop Thanos mind controlling someone on team 2 to fight for him ? even in Infinity #6 Thanos was one shotting everyone with ease .I see Superman being a slightly bigger threat due to his combat/speed but i mainly side with the Mad Titan .

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Forgive me because I really don't know too much about Thanos but I heard Galactus needed to exert himself to penetrate his shields and What I was trying to say in that comment that while the God-blast and Sundip would probably destroy Thanos those aren't Thor and Superman's go-to methods.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigcimmerian

Well honestly unpowered Thor and Superman would lose. Is Superman allowed to sundip?

They have no prep, but if you think he can sundip during battle than sure.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reikai

Thanos 10/10

Avengers and JLA together, and Thanos would still murder them all. Thor and Supes on their own? That's scarcely an appetizer.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Experio

@beezlebub said:

God-blast would take a while to charge - but Superman could buy time, though his weather abilities are near instant. Now in the other scenario, Thor would buy time for Superman to sun-dip (angrily and quickly)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bigcimmerian

@reikai said:

Thanos 10/10

Avengers and JLA together, and Thanos would still murder them all. Thor and Supes on their own? That's scarcely an appetizer.

You're underestimating team too much. Thor alone proved to be threat to Thanos, together they could atleast hold their own.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pooty

@jhaigo99: Thor can't continually godblast. Usually after one Thor is exhausted. It's very unlikely that Superman will sundip mid battle. before supes thinks of that the battle is over IMO. And you're correct Galactus had to exert himself to get through Thanos shields.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: You very much don't know about Thanos. He can drop Thor easily. Superman even moreso. And if Supes even tried to sundip, Thanos would port ontop of him, wring his scrawny neck with just three fingers, port back and smack Thor with Supes' twitching body.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pooty
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Thor alone proved to be threat to Thanos

That scan I showed was just the start of the fight. If you saw the rest you wouldn't make that statement. Wanna see it?

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying Thor and Superman win, but Thanos shrugging off Thor's lightning that way is BS. A dying and younger and less powerful version of Thor one shotted Gorr. Thor is able to hurt sky father level beings(or even above that level), so Thanos should at least be a little injured after a lightning strike from a serious Thor. I wonder what would happen if Thor hits Thanos with these lightnings.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yes, I know this had an upgrade(Norn stones) on this lightning, yet honestly, Thor could do better than that by his own.

No Caption Provided
UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By UberHulk

Superman and Thor. What has Thanos done without an external power source? He beat the Silver Surfer after a cheap shot and managed to knock Galactus off his feet, though people seem to forget once Galactus recovered he easily blasted through Thanos' shields and Thanos begged for mercy. Thanos also struggled against Morg and was killed by Drax TWICE. Thanos is durable yes but he's not Galactus level as many seem to think so those who claim Thanos beats both Superman and Thor, based on what exactly? As for Superman sun-dipping, it took him 15 minutes in Our Worlds at War. If he sun-dipped mid-battle it would take him even longer as he would have to recover from the injuries.

The key to victory for Thanos could be mind control. I don't know how resistant Thor is but Superman has struggled against high level telepaths such as Despero.

@alessandro_souzamarques Thanos shrugging off lightning is not necessarily BS, remember it was the start of the fight.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@uberhulk said:

Superman and Thor. What has Thanos done without an external power source? He beat the Silver Surfer after a cheap shot and managed to knock Galactus off his feet, though people seem to forget once Galactus recovered he easily blasted through Thanos' shields and Thanos begged for mercy. Thanos also struggled against Morg and was killed by Drax TWICE. Thanos is durable yes but he's not Galactus level as many seem to think so those who claim Thanos beats both Superman and Thor, based on what exactly? As for Superman sun-dipping, it took him 15 minutes in Our Worlds at War. If he sun-dipped mid-battle it would take him even longer as he would have to recover from the injuries.

Drax is Thanos Kryptonite so using him as an example is low balling Thanos massively as Thanos is around Skyfather level .Current Thanos took three screams from black bolt one shotted nearly every avenger & knocked Thor down with one punch as to my knowledge there was no amping for Thanos .

No Caption Provided

Thor couldn't hurt Thanos with four attacks so i don't think Superman could hurt him either ..

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What was so special about the lightning used against Chaos King, there was no indication that it hurt him or anything, also i dont see why Thor would hold back against someone like Thanos despite having said:

No Caption Provided

It was also made clear the team would have lost against Thanos there though, its hard to discount hsi superiority against Thor. Thanos has always been his superior.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Add Thor and Superman this collage of pimp-slaps.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

What was so special about the lightning used against Chaos King, there was no indication that it hurt him or anything, also i dont see why Thor would hold back against someone like Thanos despite having said:

No Caption Provided

It was also made clear the team would have lost against Thanos there though, its hard to discount hsi superiority against Thor. Thanos has always been his superior.

Do you know how I figured out that Chaos King was hurt? If you read Chaos War and if you look closely every panel where there is CK you will see him with his mouth closed. His mouth were closed when he's speaking, fighting, even when he's tanking assaults from various opponents. The only time I saw him with his mouth wide open in the shape of scream was when Thor hit him with lightning and when Hercules was wrestling with him. Several people on the Vine ignored me when I said this, I'd like to hear your opinion about this theory.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan said:

@uberhulk said:

Drax is Thanos Kryptonite so using him as an example is low balling Thanos massively as Thanos is around Skyfather level .Current Thanos took three screams from black bolt one shotted nearly every avenger & knocked Thor down with one punch as to my knowledge there was no amping for Thanos .

No Caption Provided

Thor couldn't hurt Thanos with four attacks so i don't think Superman could hurt him either ..

Thor would definitely hurt Thanos with his hits if he was depicted correctly....

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: A threat? Thanos was slapping him around and easily tanking his blows.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@bigcimmerian said:

No Caption Provided

@pooty said:

That scan I showed was just the start of the fight. If you saw the rest you wouldn't make that statement. Wanna see it?

@bigcimmerian said:

@hellionvulcan: Thor wasn't KO'd.

Could someone post the entire fight, please?

Infinity arc issues aren't released in my country yet(I live in Brazil).

Thanks.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@bigcimmerian said:

No Caption Provided

@pooty said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@hellionvulcan: Thor wasn't KO'd.

Could someone post the entire fight, please?

Infinity arc issues aren't released in country yet(I live in Brazil).

Thanks.

Yea I would also like someone to post the scans of the entire fight...Cap and hulk both had some pretty good feats as well....It would be much appreciated!

All though just for the record it was made quite clear thanos would have won....I wont say much else encase of spoilers though.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan said:

@uberhulk said:

No Caption Provided

Thor would definitely hurt Thanos with his hits if he was depicted correctly....

99% of the time when Thor fights Thanos this is how it goes. Thanos is tanking his blast, stopping Mjolnir or knocking Thor around. Look at the people Thor and Thanos have both fought. Silver Surfer, Hulk, Odin, Champion. Thanos has beaten the people who beat Thor and has done much better against people who beat them both. Thor has high end feats but I think Marvel makes it clear who is superior when the two meet

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@alessandro_souzamarques said:
@hellionvulcan said:

@uberhulk said:

No Caption Provided

99% of the time when Thor fights Thanos this is how it goes. Thanos is tanking his blast, stopping Mjolnir or knocking Thor around. Look at the people Thor and Thanos have both fought. Silver Surfer, Hulk, Odin, Champion. Thanos has beaten the people who beat Thor and has done much better against people who beat them both. Thor has high end feats but I think Marvel makes it clear who is superior when the two meet

Yup this