Superman vs Hulk [ARM WRESTLING]

• 67 results
Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

- Let's abstain from the symbolism argument for a bit and assume Superman literally lifted an infinitely heavy book. It still flies in the face of everything else he has done or will do. Superman does not have infinite strength. Hell, in the same miniseries, he couldn't even stop a giant ship's rapid descent, which had enough momentum to crack a planet's crust and core. That's a sub-planetary feat right there.

As I mentioned, hyperbole is fine when your arguing a hulk feat, the only hulk feat presented mind you, but when its superman people go nuts.

- Superman never held a black hole in his palm. He held a device which contained it. His only claim to fame was using every ounce of his strength for assisting the device in holding that thing. With John Stewart's help.

He did. The device was failing, hence why he needed to grab it. It was directly stated that if he let go, the entire solar system would be gone. Also, we directly see time and space warping before he grabs it, so it certainly wasn't contained.

- Breaking realities is not a feat. There is no way to even quantify that. Hulk has done it countless times too. The same goes for breaking time or whatever.

Alright.

- Superman didn't lift the Spectre; Wonder Woman and he tried and failed to stop his descent from space. Big difference. Still, I don't believe Spectre's mass was stated so there is no way to tell how good (or bad) this showing is.

They slowed him down. The same panel directly states that he is contains eternity itself.

- Superman didn't move an actual solar system; he moved a mini sun to space (it was reduced in size and mass) and the rest of the gravitationally bound planets followed suit. All miniature.

Bound planets do not just move on their own. To move a sun in that way, would require you to effectively move all things bound to it. Think of it like two balls connected by a string. The 2nd ball will follow the first if you throw it, but you are exerting force on all of them, and both of their weights are a factor.

Also, completely ignoring the fact that the solar system came from a compressed universe. Compressed matter has more mass. But even if that "mini" sun was only compressed by 50%, it would weight more then 100,000 earths. Hell, if it wasn't compressed at all it would still weigh thousands of earths.

- Why is Hulk's star feat a hyperbole? Proxima (or was it Corvus?) gives a detailed description of how the whole thing worked. It was clearly intended to be as literal as described.

Corvus said it, and it wasn't detailed in anyway. It was stated as the weight of a star holding him down, and thats it. It also incapacitated Hulk, so he didn't "lift it". Also, it has never worked in this way before or since. Not only that, but a few pages later Captain America is hit by it. If it was truly the weight of a star, it would have killed him instantly.

And don't take this the wrong way, but I find it interesting that you accuse others of being a "Marvel fanboi", despite using the "infinite book" feat or "reality busting punches" with a straight face.

Anyway, carry on.

I didn't, no worries. I accuse others because there was one feat, which was obviously also hyperbole, that Hulk didn't even lift. There were no other feats presented in the realm of what New 52 Superman could do, much less Post Crisis Superman. Presenting a singular feat with no evidence to support the statement.

You have noticed that no other Hulk feats have been posted in this thread at all, right? Despite being asked for them. Their argument essentially is "because I said so", which is the very definition of of fanboi and a terrible way to have a debate.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First round is definitely Superman.

Second round depends on how long a Sundip superman had, was it for a few seconds, minutes, hours or days? Supes strength rises exponentially when in Sun. I would say if Supes had sun dipped for an hour or more, he would win the second round as well.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Hulk

R2: Hulk

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

R1: Could go either way, leaning on Superman

R2: Could go either way depending on the length of Superman’s sundip, leaning on Hulk though.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Aristeaus: As I mentioned, hyperbole is fine when your arguing a hulk feat, the only hulk feat presented mind you, but when its superman people go nuts.

Hulk's star feat is definitely not a hyperbole though. I mean, they definitely exist, but this ain't it.

He did. The device was failing, hence why he needed to grab it. It was directly stated that if he let go, the entire solar system would be gone. Also, we directly see time and space warping before he grabs it, so it certainly wasn't contained.

The device's magnetic field was broken -- but not completely. It still contained the black hole, with Superman's and John Stewart's assistance. The black hole only escaped containment (for good) after the device was thrown into deep space.

They slowed him down. The same panel directly states that he is contains eternity itself.

Eternity is a measure of time. Not weight or mass. That statement is simply a grandiose way of describing his immense power. I have never heard or read about him being infinitely heavy. We just know he was too heavy for Supes and WW combined. That's it.

And if I am not mistaken, they didn't slow him down. He crash landed anyway.

Bound planets do not just move on their own. To move a sun in that way, would require you to effectively move all things bound to it. Think of it like two balls connected by a string. The 2nd ball will follow the first if you throw it, but you are exerting force on all of them, and both of their weights are a factor.

Also, completely ignoring the fact that the solar system came from a compressed universe. Compressed matter has more mass. But even if that "mini" sun was only compressed by 50%, it would weight more then 100,000 earths. Hell, if it wasn't compressed at all it would still weigh thousands of earths.

Pretty sure he simply moved the sun and the rest of the planets followed suit by themselves. Regardless, their combined mass would still be below the sun's mass anyway.

50% nothing. The sun was massively smaller than the Earth. Barely city block level iirc. Superman had to take it away before it grew to full size and destroyed the city with it's gravitational pull alone. Thar suggests that being compact sized served him very well. So no, it most certainly was much lighter than usual.

Corvus said it, and it wasn't detailed in anyway. It was stated as the weight of a star holding him down, and thats it. It also incapacitated Hulk, so he didn't "lift it". Also, it has never worked in this way before or since. Not only that, but a few pages later Captain America is hit by it. If it was truly the weight of a star, it would have killed him instantly.

He may have not bench pressed it but the fact that he wasn't flat on his face or turned to fine green powder is a testament to his strength and toughness. Captain America was never hit by the force of the star. The spear can do a lot more than just drop star level mass on people. It was a simple energy attack.

I didn't, no worries. I accuse others because there was one feat, which was obviously also hyperbole, that Hulk didn't even lift. There were no other feats presented in the realm of what New 52 Superman could do, much less Post Crisis Superman. Presenting a singular feat with no evidence to support the statement.

You have noticed that no other Hulk feats have been posted in this thread at all, right? Despite being asked for them. Their argument essentially is "because I said so", which is the very definition of of fanboi and a terrible way to have a debate.

Well, Superman has never held the weight of a star on his back. But again, why do you think Hulk's feat is hyperbole?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whoever wins, the table loses.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's star feat is definitely not a hyperbole though. I mean, they definitely exist, but this ain't it.

Sure it is.

The device's magnetic field was broken -- but not completely. It still contained the black hole, with Superman's and John Stewart's assistance. The black hole only escaped containment (for good) after the device was thrown into deep space.

You should look up what Contained means. If it was escaping, it was not contained. Even a partial leak of a black hole is immeasurably powerful.

Eternity is a measure of time. Not weight or mass. That statement is simply a grandiose way of describing his immense power. I have never heard or read about him being infinitely heavy. We just know he was too heavy for Supes and WW combined. That's it.

And if I am not mistaken, they didn't slow him down. He crash landed anyway.

Except it was specifically stated to have weight. Also Eternity isn't just time.

Pretty sure he simply moved the sun and the rest of the planets followed suit by themselves. Regardless, their combined mass would still be below the sun's mass anyway.

50% nothing. The sun was massively smaller than the Earth. Barely city block level iirc. Superman had to take it away before it grew to full size and destroyed the city with it's gravitational pull alone. Thar suggests that being compact sized served him very well. So no, it most certainly was much lighter than usual.

That isn't how physics works.

Size =/= mass. A Neutron star is much, much smaller then our sun, but far more massive. Our sun is about 700,000 km. A neutron star is about 20km, and yet is 1.4 times as much mass.

The mass of a star determines its color. For it to be the same color as our sun, would require similar mass, despite its size. Real world science, mind you, but still.

Also, even if that mini sun was .0001% the size of our sun, it would have more mass then the earth does. That isn't accounting for it being from a compressed universe ( which is essentially the equivalency of a neutron star ) or the additional celestial bodies.

He may have not bench pressed it but the fact that he wasn't flat on his face or turned to fine green powder is a testament to his strength and toughness. Captain America was never hit by the force of the star. The spear can do a lot more than just drop star level mass on people. It was a simple energy attack.

That is only if you take it at face value, which again, you shouldn't.

1: Hulk has never dealt with that type of weight before. This either makes it a extreme outlier, or hyperbole.

2: Proxima has never demonstrated this star weight ability before, or after, or even again during Infinity. She was very clearly trying to kill them all, so for her to go easy on Captain America when she could have easily killed him with the same ability she literally just used on Hulk is again, hyperbole.

3: The planet they are on would not be able to support the weight of a star standing on it. It would shatter instantly.

All of these things add up to Hyperbole.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, if Super Man lifted a book with infinite pages (which in turn has infinite mass as Aristeus said) the only thing I have to say to that is Hulk is speculated to have potentially unlimited strength as he can always get angrier. And there's a reason he says he's the strongest thing there is. And if that theory is tested you better bet he will get mad. And when it starts to be proven correct he will get angrier and get stronger. And the more Super Man wins the stronger Hulk gets which is why I think he wins this.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Steve40L

Also, a book with infinite pages also has infinite matter and takes up and infinite amount of space. So How did that even fit in the universe?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Aristeaus: You should look up what Contained means. If it was escaping, it was not contained. Even a partial leak of a black hole is immeasurably powerful.

That is why I said: "Superman and John assisted the device in keeping it contained". Now there is no way to say how much force the two of them were exerting, but this wasn't what you initially argued, was it?

Except it was specifically stated to have weight. Also Eternity isn't just time.

Uh, I never argued otherwise. Of course he had mass and he was too heavy for Superman and WW combined. How heavy? We do not know. So I am not quite sure why you think this is a noteworthy feat. It can't be quantified.

Eternity has always been used in time related contexts. What else is it supposed to mean here exactly?

That isn't how physics works.

Size =/= mass. A Neutron star is much, much smaller then our sun, but far more massive. Our sun is about 700,000 km. A neutron star is about 20km, and yet is 1.4 times as much mass.

The mass of a star determines its color. For it to be the same color as our sun, would require similar mass, despite its size. Real world science, mind you, but still.

Also, even if that mini sun was .0001% the size of our sun, it would have more mass then the earth does. That isn't accounting for it being from a compressed universe ( which is essentially the equivalency of a neutron star ) or the additional celestial bodies.

Where did neutron stars come from? That sun was never said to be one or as dense as one. It was literally just a compact sized yellow sun. If what you are stating is supposedly true, I'd love to see scans.

Listen, I am no expert, but I am pretty sure mass and gravity are directly proportional. The sun wasn't exerting the city destroying gravitational force while it was still on Earth. Ergo, it wasn't that heavy.

So I don't think it was heavier or as heavy as an actual star.

1: Hulk has never dealt with that type of weight before. This either makes it a extreme outlier, or hyperbole.

I mean, you could argue it to be a high end/outlier but then again, how many times has Superman lifted planets/stars and not struggled with far less on a more regular basis? By your logic, I guess his Earth weight pressing feat is a hyperbole too. Or an outlier.

At least Hulk's rage amp could explain these inconsistencies. Well, not everytime.

2: Proxima has never demonstrated this star weight ability before, or after, or even again during Infinity. She was very clearly trying to kill them all, so for her to go easy on Captain America when she could have easily killed him with the same ability she literally just used on Hulk is again, hyperbole.

Bruh, what kind of argument is this. Why would she need a freaking star to kill an enhanced street leveller? She has like 20 different, and more efficient, ways to deal with him.

3: The planet they are on would not be able to support the weight of a star standing on it. It would shatter instantly.

Come on, you're not seriously resorting to the collateral damage argument now. I guess 95%+ of all Superman's feats are hyperbolic; because they don't obey real world laws. The same applies to nearly every superhero.

Writers decidedly don't account for these things. For good reason.

Anyway, better to just agree to disagree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f75367284014
deactivated-5f75367284014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before I would probably say Hulk, recently Superman broke chains that were strong enough to move stars. I’d put that above Hulks feat of lifting the weight of one.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is why I said: "Superman and John assisted the device in keeping it contained". Now there is no way to say how much force the two of them were exerting, but this wasn't what you initially argued, was it?

I didn't argue anything. I mentioned the feat, which is still a valid strength feat. Hard to quantify, but valid.

Uh, I never argued otherwise. Of course he had mass and he was too heavy for Superman and WW combined. How heavy? We do not know. So I am not quite sure why you think this is a noteworthy feat. It can't be quantified.

Eternity has always been used in time related contexts. What else is it supposed to mean here exactly?

I just mentioned some of PC Supermans higher end feats. Eternity is another word for Infinite. And no, I am not saying he has infinite mass.

Where did neutron stars come from? That sun was never said to be one or as dense as one. It was literally just a compact sized yellow sun. If what you are stating is supposedly true, I'd love to see scans.

Listen, I am no expert, but I am pretty sure mass and gravity are directly proportional. The sun wasn't exerting the city destroying gravitational force while it was still on Earth. Ergo, it wasn't that heavy.

So I don't think it was heavier or as heavy as an actual star.

A neutron star is basically just a heavily compressed star. I used it as a example for why your size argument has no weight. Again, the mass of the star is directly proportionate to its color. Its why we have different color stars.

I don't think it was heavier or as heavy as a actual star either, but it doesn't need to be. It has more mass then the Earth.

I mean, you could argue it to be a high end/outlier but then again, how many times has Superman lifted planets/stars and not struggled with far less on a more regular basis? By your logic, I guess his Earth weight pressing feat is a hyperbole too. Or an outlier.

At least Hulk's rage amp could explain these inconsistencies. Well, not everytime.

Can it be a outlier if you do it for 5 days straight? Its not a singular feat at that point.

Bruh, what kind of argument is this. Why would she need a freaking star to kill an enhanced street leveller? She has like 20 different, and more efficient, ways to deal with him.

She used none of them, despite hitting him directly. Its a pretty valid argument.

Come on, you're not seriously resorting to the collateral damage argument now. I guess 95%+ of all Superman's feats are hyperbolic; because they don't obey real world laws. The same applies to nearly every superhero.

Writers decidedly don't account for these things. For good reason.

Anyway, better to just agree to disagree.

You would have a point if they haven't expressly explained Supermans ability to circumvent physics. Bio-Electric Aura and Tactile Telekinesis. They even showed this in the DCEU...

Also, if your arguing that real world physics don't apply at all then there is no point in discussing anything on this board. Ever. Even the singular Hulk "Star" feat is meaningless. We use the real world to gauge these feats, that is what these boards are all about in the end. Which feat is more impressive, and how are you supposed to know what feat is more impressive if you have no real world to compare them.

I will ask you one more time though... What other strength feats does Hulk have that even remotely put him in competition here?

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Underfire47

@kanyecosby said:

Before I would probably say Hulk, recently Superman broke chains that were strong enough to move stars. I’d put that above Hulks feat of lifting the weight of one.

Didn't that happen in a non-canon series, in the same one where Superman struggled to stop a meteor the size of a building from falling onto Earth? Where a bunch of heroes like Nightwing were killed when Earth was invaded but in the canon DC he and other heroes are alive and fine and the invasion is never referenced.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Underfire47

@Aristeaus: I will ask you one more time though... What other strength feats does Hulk have that even remotely put him in competition here?

Lifting infinite mass in a dimension with infinite density(although that's silly to even mention but i saw you mention Superman lifting a book with infinite pages that doesn't actually have infinite pages), holding back Exitar who was larger than Earth pressing his foot on the planet, overpowering a force capable of moving a planet out of it's orbit, separating 2 large balls of matter and anti-matter from one another who when colliding had enough force to cause an explosion that dwarfed the Earth, holding open a worm/black hole with his hands, jumping out of Mars atmosphere and still having enough strength to push a Moon sized ship fast enough to catch up to a planet going 500 000 km/h.

I don't really see how Superman is suppose to be stronger than Hulk(an angry one), Supermans best strength feats is the 5 day bench press stuff and Hulk has feats above that.

It's kinda funny, one of the things both Superman and Hulk writers used to agree on is that Hulk probably had more raw physical strength, but on the internet i see some Superman fans arguing that Superman has better healing feats than Hulk, so obviously convincing anyone about Hulk having more physical strength is damn near impossible, Superman has to be the best at everything, every time naturally.

Can it be a outlier if you do it for 5 days straight? Its not a singular feat at that point.

Also i found a lot of stuff you said to be either flat out wrong, contradictory or just arguing a double standard but what the fuck is this lol? It's obviously a single feat, it doesn't matter how much it's stated to last that ONE TIME it happened, that still makes it a singular feat. Just how Thor fighting an army of monsters for 2-3 years when he was younger is a SINGULAR feat despite it lasting for over 2 years.

A feat is no longer singular when it happens multiple times, not when it happens once for a long period of time.