User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By oldwasher
Superman and Batman team 1
Superman and Batman team 1

Thor and Captain America team 2
Thor and Captain America team 2

battle takes place in new York city during the day

No Caption Provided

both teams have 1 day prep but no outside help teams must prep amongst themselves

both teams are in character

all standard gear

start 50 feet from each other

win by KO no BFR

who wins?

note: I know this battle may seem kind of unoriginal since thor vs superman and captain America vs batman threads have been around for a while now but I figured id try to combine them both together into this thread so who do you think wins?

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

B&S. They have better teamwork andWhile I think Cap>Bat the big dogs are in DCs favor.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zaied

Superman solos.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: even against thor? I doubt it

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Could've swore this has been done.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

The World's Finest.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By comicace3

yep

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batmansuperman-vs-captain-americathor-667200/

sorry man.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: it's ok I tried searching for this thread before and never found it. Oh well I guess I didn't see it

BlackJudas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 would dominate here.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Boy Scout and The Dark Knight

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

with prep team 1 stomps easy

Mongoose

BlackJudas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackjudas: why exactly?

A lot of people will say it'll be Superman vs Thor/Batman vs Captain America, I see it differently, it's a team vs another team, and in my opinion, Superman and Batman have a much better team chemistry between them than their counterparts here, so that will allow them to make tactics more easily. Plus following the popular Sups vs Thor/Bat vs Cap etc Superman is faster than Thor and Stronger, it would be a good fight between them as always, but I think Superman would emerge the victor, in this case he's more durable, and Batman will outclass Captain America, especially with prep time. (Mind you this is my opinion, I'm not going to go down the "Thor is better,faster and stronger than Superman and you are wrong" road been there done that, just how I see it really)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: Bruce is a prep master himself and Superman can build anything Bruce needs in nanoseconds.Spend most of the time in the sun getting more powerful,etc.Steve is absolutely useless here and Thor is the only one who can make a slight difference

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

due to the prep team S&B but without prep Thor and the Cap for the win

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldwasher

@reaverlation: @blackjudas: both great explanations I have to agree especially on team 1 having a better chemistry and teamwork factor

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@blackjudas said:

@oldwasher said:

@blackjudas: why exactly?

A lot of people will say it'll be Superman vs Thor/Batman vs Captain America, I see it differently, it's a team vs another team, and in my opinion, Superman and Batman have a much better team chemistry between them than their counterparts here, so that will allow them to make tactics more easily. Plus following the popular Sups vs Thor/Bat vs Cap etc Superman is faster than Thor and Stronger, it would be a good fight between them as always, but I think Superman would emerge the victor, in this case he's more durable, and Batman will outclass Captain America, especially with prep time. (Mind you this is my opinion, I'm not going to go down the "Thor is better,faster and stronger than Superman and you are wrong" road been there done that, just how I see it really)

I completely agree. Many times when it's a team on team battle, people pair up the ones who are similar (powerhouses vs powerhouses etc) but in this case, Supes and Bats have outstanding chemistry together. They even have code words and phrases they use in battle to compliment each others' strengths and weaknessess.

For Example:

Loading Video...

Then there's this.

Loading Video...

Although animated, both fights are based on Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, so it's canon, I just don't feel like looking for scans.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldwasher

@the_stegman: I have to agree thinking about it now superman and batman may be one of the greatest partnerships in comics

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 because of Superman

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: I doubt superman solos them all atleast not easily

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zaied

@oldwasher: I say he solos this. Captain America isn't a threat here at all so he'd really just need to beat Thor. He could also just take Cap's shield away to make life easier for Batman, and I don't see Cap contending with a prepped Batman, anyways. World's Finest FTW.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: I see Thor possibly posing a problem for superman because of magic and fighting skill but other then that I agree

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Superman himself has got a bunch of gadgets and, with the help of Batman, they could be utilised effectively enough to beat the opposition.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldwasher

@thedandyman: just curious but what kind of gadgets does superman have that can help him beat Thor and cap?

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A younger drunken thor used prep to create an axe capable of killing celestials, he could just grab the destroyer. And if there was knowledge on their enemies he could open a portal to a red sun and let it depower supes enough to beat him casually.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could've swore this has been done.

I gotta say this: the Vine community is constantly changing and growing, people leave it and people join it. And as we all know, characters have new feats every month...
Knowing this, is it that bad to repeat a thread once in a while? Specially one that is 2 and a half years old? I just think opinions may have changed after such a long time, and reopening the debate doesn't sound very bad to me at all. Why does this site have such a strong policy about repeating threads?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheDandyMan

@oldwasher: Well, I'm not an expert but doesn't he have a fair amount of stuff in his Fortress of Solitude? Perhaps I'm wrong (only just remembered All Star is not canon) but I still say Superman/Batman as a dip in the sun should boost Kal's powers quite a bit and Batman is greater prep than Cap.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surfingthehighway: I agree with this. If a thread has been done before only once and like a year or more ago I think it's ok but that's just my opinion

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: he does have quite a bit of stuff in his fortress but I'm not sure how much or what he has.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

kool_chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: once u give batman prep u lost already lol

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap > batman and even with a day of prep does nothing.... Cap is the best strategist in marvel... Thor > supes due to magic.... So no way they don't win

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axle124: I think Thor has the edge over superman in a few ways but I also think superman has the edge over Thor in a few ways like I think he is probably stronger and faster then Thor and with batman they have a much greater team chemistry

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: Bats > Cap, people say that cap wins over bats due to "superior physicals" even thiugh batman has shown to be his equal, not to mention skill > physical (unless you are a superhuman like superman or have hulk level of strenght).

Supes > Thor due to the fact that Clark can speed-blitz Thor in an instant. If they're speed would have been equal, I would say Thor without a doubt.

Not to mention the teamwork between Clark and Bruce.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldwasher

@captain_batman_ftw: I have to agree with most of this but I think thor's Magic would give him a good edge over supes other then that though I agree with you

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAZAHS117

@oldwasher:

@oldwasher:

Supes > Thor due to the fact that Clark can speed-blitz Thor in an instant. If they're speed would have been equal, I would say Thor without a doubt.

Pretty much This. I am on the side of the fence that Cap should beat Bats, however even if he does there nothing he can do against Supes once Thor is out. So Worlds Finest ftw imho.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

@oldwasher:

Pretty much This. I am on the side of the fence that Cap should beat Bats, however even if he does there nothing he can do against Supes once Thor is out. So Worlds Finest ftw imho.

I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything, but why do you think Cap ould beat Cap? I'm just a little curious seeing as Batman has superior gear and H2H.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: I don't think magic would give him the edge over superman due to the fact that superman have shown magic resistance so high that it was higher than even wonder woman's.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

@oldwasher:

@oldwasher:

I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything, but why do you think Cap ould beat Cap? I'm just a little curious seeing as Batman has superior gear and H2H.

Oui vey...It's a never ending debate Cap vs Bat lol! It's so close it's really spliting hairs between the two, but I just think Caps shield is a great defense against most of the stuff Bruce can throw at him. I do think Batman is more skilled h2h combatant between the two, but the Super Soldier Serum gives Cap the edge in out lasting Bruce. There probably is no wrong answer between these two, I just lean slightly towards Cap *shrugs*

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: really? That almost doesn't make sense since superman is supposed to be vulnerable to magic but Thor either way does have greater fighting skills then dupes imo

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

@oldwasher:

@oldwasher:

Oui vey...It's a never ending debate Cap vs Bat lol! It's so close it's really spliting hairs between the two, but I just think Caps shield is a great defense against most of the stuff Bruce can throw at him. I do think Batman is more skilled h2h combatant between the two, but the Super Soldier Serum gives Cap the edge in out lasting Bruce. There probably is no wrong answer between these two, I just lean slightly towards Cap *shrugs*

He can outlast him, but that would take more than days, because in Batman Under The Red Hood storyline, he was awake for 4 days straight trying to find out what was wrong with Jason's coffin. He also fought ninjas for 28 hours straight.

The shield can't take everything Batman throws at him, the shield can't take magnets now, can it?