• Adamantium Coating (Eraserhead) (4)
  • Choose Character Not on List (2)
  • Choose Battlefield (4)

Rules

1. 16 Participants
  2. 8 Character Points to spend
  3. 10 Perk points to spend
  4. 10 Day Deadline to post
  5. No unfair Hax(You should know what this means, if you are using hax abilities obviously over limits, you will be kicked)
  6. No Time Manipulation
  7. No Space Manipulation
  8. No Reality Warping
  9. No Matter Manipulation
  10. No Cloning
  11. No Summons/Constructs
  12. TP is limited to Mind Reading
  13. Standard Gear, which means any gear consistently used for a long period of time(like an entire run for example) and still qualifies as street tier
  14. Teamwork is a complete factor. The only rule with teamwork is that characters will not directly fight each other.
  15. Tie-In comic feats for Live Action characters allowed
  16. Anime characters are Anime/Manga composite
  17. DC is composite Post-Crisis/New52/Rebirth
  18. Marvel is Earth 616 unless stated otherwise
  19. For each round there will either be an extra obstacle to deal with or there will be a certain goal to reach
  20. If you have a problem with a character's pricing, let me know, I'm open to change.
  21. Requesting a Character costs a perk point and I will need either an RT or a CaV with a majority of the character's feats

Voting Rules

1. Vote for the better debater not who you think would win
  2. Explain your vote
  3. Any votes that seem bias will be discounted by me

Battlefield

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Remove my SWAT team cause I have two non-list characters. Also my Adamantium Coating is for Eraserhead now.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: @major_hellstrom: lol thats actually perfect ok so Lady Deathstrike will start directly in front of Backlash... and ill have a post up pretty shortly

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tag for every post.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Warlockmage

@major_hellstrom

My Team

No Caption Provided

Backlash

Marc Slayton is the key to my victory ok now since he's behind Lady Deathstrike and not directly in Aizawa's sight he's gonna mist, it makes sense for him to do this since he knows how Aizawa's quirk works (at least he knows its based on vision) thats pretty basic

No Caption Provided

as you can see Misting is where Backlash goes intangible and uses it to gain favorable positions over opponents in combat, but he is conventionally unhittable while intangible and he can attack while intangible as well

Striking Strength

Backlash is able to hurt Venom, and casually one shot guys like Cannon, Cannon's base durability could be roughly equalized with Winter a solid mid-tier as he and Winter were both tanking blasts from M.A.D.-1 back in Stormwatch 20... they both were in the same state.

so both Eraserhead and MCU Cap will only need about 1 or 2 hits from Backlash to KO (and Lady Deathstrike will only need 1 slash for each one)

Durability (not that you'll touch him but just in case)

Backlash did fairly well against Helspont's blast considering in Stormwatch 22 Helspont easily disposed of Fuji and Hellstrike with one blasts...

Backlash was also able to tank punches from Venom... again Cap and Aizawa will never even tickle him...

Speed

Backlash is incredibly fast

No Caption Provided

he was running through hallways of bullets before Luther Strode made it cool

Backlash was also fast enough to easily take down Pike before he could react, now how fast is Pike?

Pike was able to easily dispatch of Zealot

Psionic Tendrils

another big factor you will have to deal with is Backlash's psionic tendrils they pack a wallop

No Caption Provided

Backlash was able to hurt Warblade with his energy shocks, his tendrils have many other uses like being used for Incap or as blunt instruments but his shocks are the most powerful

No Caption Provided

Backlash was able to temporarily restrain Black Halo, the guy who went toe to toe with a Majestic Class character (Lord Saebos) and didn't immediately die, for an amount of time...

No Caption Provided

and Backlash can incap 2 people since he can conjure 2 tendrils (and since no one is packing anywhere close to Black Halo strength he'll be able to get the shocks off (this is bad news for your team)

Lady Deathstrike

Yuriko is very dangerous and her Adamantium Claws should trouble you

they are made of the same material as Logan's and can extend...

No Caption Provided

Yuriko's claws near fodderized someone with a potent healing factor like X-23... Laura was able to get a lucky blow in thanks to Yuriko's CiS but this is clearly a win for Yuriko

this also doubles as a speed feat since Yuriko was clearly faster than X-23

Speed

Yuriko sports near Wolverine speeds

Lady Deathstrike proved she was too fast for Sunfire

Lady Deathstrike was also notably faster than Valkyrie, shes your average class 80, casual bullet timer with a plot device sword (which Yuriko pretty much no sold since she was seen running with it still in her)

Durability and Healing Factor

like 99.999999% of Wolverine villains, Yuriko sports a healing factor... how good is it?

No Caption Provided

shes able to heal from injuries like cutting out her heart in seconds (technically 7 times... which is moderately impressive)

Yuriko was also able to tank a bullrush and a subsequent punch from Cannonball in X-treme X-men #29

shes a bitch to put down... Marvel sure loves their healing factors don't they

My Strategy

ill have the 3 swat members form a line in front of Yuriko and Marc and Marc will be behind Yuriko

ok so this battlefield favors me so largely im still trying to figure out why you chose it. Basic knowledge tells me everything about Eraserhead. Like how his powers don't affect technology (aka the nanites in Lady Deathstrikes blood) and it has never been shown to work on Intangible Mist opponents (so since Backlash starts behind Lady Deathstrike and swat members this will cause absolutely no problems. and Since Backlash knows about Aizawa's power, he'll have absolutely no reason to leave his mist form until hes taken care of.

and since while misting Backlash is conventionally untouchable the first thing hes gonna do is sneak behind Aizawa and attack him

meanwhile Yuriko is gonna speed blitz straight ahead since thats pretty much in character for her to do... and shes gonna fodderize who ever you have in front (im assuming its Aizawa since anyone in front of his gonna not only block his view but also be depowered) im sure you'll try to incap her with Adamantium bandages... but considering how slow he is and hes the main target of 3 attacks he won't get to do it in time.

the swat members are also gonna open fire... i don't expect them to hit much but you will have to defend agains them, while still trying to avoid Adamantium Claws and an Intangible opponent. and if Eraserhead goes for the incap on Yuriko he could potentially leave himself open to a bullet hitting him, SWAT Teams are accurate enough to get the bullets in the right target grouping.

Aizawa will be taken care of shortly... after that Yuriko will immediately move on to Cap and Backlash will move on to Iron Butterfly. i don't have much info on Iron Butterfly but i dont think she can hit an intangible opponent that has a way to hurt her significantly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Nice post. This will certainly an interesting battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: My post will release scans on a need to know basis, meaning I won't give the traditional RT opener (mostly because if I do then I would be posting every feat since my team does have a bunch of appearances).

No Caption Provided

My Team

1. Iron Butterfly

First up is the Iron Butterfly, a ferrokinetic character from Milestone comics, basically functions like a street-level Magneto. She claims to be able to manipulate metal on the atomic level.

No Caption Provided

She is powerful enough to absolutely dismantle a helicopter with her power

No Caption Provided

And she is quick enough to form swords and send it towards an opponent in an instant

No Caption Provided

She can also fly

No Caption Provided

2. Eraserhead

Next is Shota Aizawa , AKA Eraserhead. A skilled hero from My Hero Academia, even without the use of his powers he can take out 3 mutant thugs in a single move.

He also has incredibly fast reflexes.

But his main power is called "Erasure" which allows him to erase any quirks (AKA powers) within his line of sight

No Caption Provided

Here it is in action

H
H

3. MCU Captain America

No Caption Provided

Strategy

Since Lady Deathstrike has Admantium laced claws as you say "Yuriko is very dangerous and her Adamantium Claws should trouble you" that means that Iron Butterfly will just throw her off the platform or pin her down by her claws with ease. As we know Adamantium is vulnerable to metal manipulation after all. While she is at it Iron Butterfly will also disarm your Swat team, like this

No Caption Provided

While this happens Aizawa will attempt to cancel out Backlash's Gen-Factor (the source of his misting power) using his quirk, and I do think that Aizawa should be able to, since his quirk is the ability to cancel out other quirks, which is just another way of saying that he can erase mutations, since that is basically what a quirk is, a natural genetic evolution

No Caption Provided

On the other hand, a Gen-Factor is the result of gene-splicing alien DNA to humans.

No Caption Provided

So they are basically both modifications to the human genes, meaning they are fundamentally the same. Now you might be saying that quirks are natural while gen-factors aren't, but there are such things as unnatural quirks, such is the case with Deku who was born quirkless and only got a quirk through All Might (essentially gene-splicing). And yet, Eraserhead can erase his borrowed quirk all the same.

No Caption Provided

If you still aren't convinced, take a look at how Aizawa himself explains his power.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, quirks are again just modifications to the human form (just like Gen-Factors). They are so fundamentally similar that they even have similar names. Gen-Factors have even seemingly been canceled out in the past, showing that this can happen.

No Caption Provided

Also, you say that Marc will start behind LD, but that doesn't do anything since Eraser head can erase the quirk of multiple people at once

No Caption Provided

So unless you are explicitly covering Marc (which they won't do cause you don't have prep) Eraserhead should be able to take out his power. And without his power Aizawa can simply use his Adamantium capture cloth to restrain Backlash for good, that or the Iron Butterfly can kill him with it.

However, if for some reason you are able to prove that Eraserhead won't be able to erase Marc's gen-factor, all is not lost. This is because my team will still have plenty of advantages over Backlash, the first being flight and battlefield control (as everything is metal plated), meaning Backlash will have a hard time getting into a range where he can fight my team, since he is primarily a CQC or mid ranged fighter. The second being the fact that Backlash can't actually attack while fully in mist form, the best he can do is be partially demartilialized like this

No Caption Provided

Now, he can try to go for an internal attack, but that is quite out of character for him to do. So with this in mind, all Iron Butterfly would need to do is to wait for Marc to materialize when he goes after Aizawa, then make it rain metal shards from above.

No Caption Provided

Which should at least damage Marc's hands (though it is also very rare for Marc to attack while mostly in mist form anyway). Aftwerwards, Iron Butterfly would basically use her flight to do the old Genghis Khan strategy, running away and shooting when the enemy is vulnerable.

Initial Thoughts

At the end of the day, LD and your fodder get neutralized by Iron Butterfly because of her ferrokinesis. Leaving only Backlash, who should have his powers erased by Aizawa, leaving him open. And even if Aizawa can't take away his powers, Backlash can't stay intangible forever and thanks to Iron Butterfly's flight and battlefield advantage, Backlash won't really be able to take her out, but every time he tries to take her down, his life gets chipped away.

Also, MCU Cap will be at the front lines because he is the most OP character.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn....was looking good

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage:I can give you an extra day if you're interested?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@warlockmage: Just a heads up, one of your spoiler blocks in your first post isn't working, the scan which talks about Canons durability to be specific

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers