Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vaeternus said:

Again, just going by what other Jean Grey experts and what I've read have said. But hey, I'm sure you're right.

I'm not saying that at all, I'm just asking you really think Mimic will just stand there?

If this is so onesided then why not demand it be closed?

Now just because Mimic isn't going to stand there that means Thor won't hit him? Thor is going to hit him and when he does it, it's over.

Because I don't care if it gets locked or not.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* lol

@amonset said:

Mimic from reading all the posts

What this guy said :)

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By isaac_clarke

So in order for MKF30 to post evidence of his claims, I have to post scans of Thor doing something he can't and I haven't claimed he could. Absolute nonsense and I have no idea why Mods entertain it.

@vaeternus: I know he has TP, i said that, but because of what i quoted, I said it would be jean's tp and not xaviers.

Marvel Girl's Telepathy isn't retained by current Mimic. Namely why he had to mimic Rachel's powers to have it.

No Caption Provided

He's trolling me. That's the only reason he's posting in this thread.

Are you aware of what mimics powers are?its the most powerful version if you read the op youd know this

Not what the OP said. The OP copy pasted Mimic's power-set - which consists of mimicing mutants powers and the knowledge they have to apply that power.

That's not how Mimic's powers work.

He wont suddenly start manifesting the Phoenix Force because Jean has and his mimicry is subject to being over-loaded. There's a reason why he didn't solo the Phoenix Five in AvX and was stuck getting kicked around by the Falcon.

You repeating a generic copy / paste of Mimics power-set as in the OP, insisting he as the Phoenix Force, Xavier's TP, all of Iceman's, Beast's, Angel'ss, Cyclops', Jean's additional mutations for no reason isn't an argument.

The way you're arguing Mimic works is completely different than the way Marvel writes him.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Vaeternus

I wasnt the one who.bumped the topic days later mr. Isaac.

No? Cause im quite sure youve said on here that thor odin etc can reshape the universe?

But it matters not. As I said now a few times now mimic can win due to tp among the other powers.

Whatever you say. You act as if im the only person in here who has argued on mimics behalf.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasnt the one who.bumped the topic days later mr. Isaac.

Me refreshing the page and responding to your post two days later isn't trolling. Following me into this thread, immediately taking an opposing stance no one was on and trying to antagonize me every other post is.

No? Cause im quite sure youve said on here that thor odin etc can reshape the universe?

Quote the post and provide a link to the thread / page.

But it matters not. As I said now a few times now mimic can win due to tp among the other powers.

And I've posted scans that prove he has no telepathy and even if he did it would be from the character who has failed twice to do anything with it to Thor. Feel free to post scans of those other powers he doesn't have or channeling the Phoenix Force for no reason.

Whatever you say. You act as if im the only person in here who has argued on mimics behalf.

You are.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Vaeternus

Right...right "refreshing it" days later lol uhh No Isaac:

Not just me, I suggest you read the thread more carefully.

Posting a view isnt trolling nor Antagonizing. Youre obviously paranoid if you think im 'following' you. I couldnt care less where you post. If anything the opposite could be said you stalking my yt page, comments. I love hypocrisy lol. You do the same thing with Wardemon in the Superman vs Avengers topic because you can't accept the fact that MOS stomps your precious Avengers...lol

I just feel Mimic can win here. That is all. Just accept it that not everyone on here feels "the mighty Thor" wins every single battle...we get it you're a Thor fanboy.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I agree with you mimic wins. Mimic has a whole array of powers that, mixed in one power-set can take Thor. Similar to how wolverine can take hulk and rhino, etc. His power-set is meant for guys like those. Those powers combined should do the trick.

@isaac_clarke Forgot the fact "Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets." So mimic should win.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By isaac_clarke

Ignoring MKF30's usual flame bait.

I agree with you mimic wins. Mimic has a whole array of powers that, mixed in one power-set can take Thor. Similar to how wolverine can take hulk and rhino, etc. His power-set is meant for guys like those. Those powers combined should do the trick.

@isaac_clarke Forgot the fact "Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets." So mimic should win.

How about you posting scans of Mimic having powers that will score him a win here.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Vaeternus

Funny how some people on here think counter points, different opinions is 'flame baiting' no it isnt.

@thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo: I agree. I will hit you up with an pm to give you a heads up on something you should know :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Or you can go to his bio since these are well known things that he can have 5 powers at a time and has half of each power but has a finer control. And adaptability to them

Better yet read the whole thing

Powers and Abilities

Earth-616 Mimic can copy powers, abilities, and skills of anyone within close range. Also, he often takes on the unique physical characteristics, and to some degree the appearance of those he copies. Mimic's ability to copy abilities however is limited to 5 different powers at a time and they are only half as powerful as the original power.

Mimic is best known for copying the abilities of the five original X-Men, and his appearance generally involves Cyclops head and facial characteristics, Angel's wings, and Beast's figure (body, hands, and feet). While copying their powers, he has access to Beast's agility and strength (and because of his altered body structure Beast's prehensile feet), Iceman's ice manipulation, Jean Grey's telekinesis and telepathy (he has also mimicked Professor Xavier's telepathy), Cyclops' optic blasts, and Angel's ability to fly. Other powers he has copied include Hulk, Banshee, Marrow, Gambit, Rogue, Storm, Colossus,Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Feron, Meggan, Kylun, Micromax, Marvel Girl ( Rachel Summers), Wolfsbane,Pete Wisdom, Psylocke, Risque, Siryn, Warpath, Sunspot, Cable, Caliban, Domino, Boom-Boom, Rictor,Cannonball, Shatterstar, Post, Blob, Mystique, Toad, members of the Crazy Gang, and numerous others.

Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets. For example, he is able to turn off certain powers such as Cyclops' optic blasts. This, however, could be more related to the psychological block that prohibits Cyclops from fully utilizing his powers rather than Mimic's level of control, but may also have to do with the level of control and understanding he has over his own powers.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Or you can go to his bio since these are well known things that he can have 5 powers at a time and has half of each power but has a finer control. And adaptability to them

I like how Mimic's bio contradicts itself in your post:

• they are only half as powerful as the original power.
  • Mimic has full power level of those he mimics

And yes I'm aware of how his powers work, namely he has to toggle between them and he's subject to be overloaded. None of which is a problem here because he isn't fighting a mutant he could Mimic. What power he has in 616 are pseudo versions of the original X-Men's powers (significantly weaker than the later iterations of the characters who have gone through further mutation), which he describes as a cheap copy:

No Caption Provided

Namely why the Falcon was beating him one on one in the AvX tie-in:

No Caption Provided

Mimic at best without mimicing someone worth a damn is street-level, someone Spiderman could kick to the curb.

People pretending he's in Thor's league are nuts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke said:

@thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo said:

I like how Mimic's bio contradicts itself in your post:

• they are only half as powerful as the original power.
  • Mimic has full power level of those he mimics

And yes I'm aware of how his powers work, namely he has to toggle between them and he's subject to be overloaded. None of which is a problem here because he isn't fighting a mutant he could Mimic. What power he has in 616 are pseudo versions of the original X-Men's powers (significantly weaker than the later iterations of the characters who have gone through further mutation), which he describes as a cheap copy:

No Caption Provided

Namely why the Falcon was beating him one on one in the AvX tie-in:

No Caption Provided

Mimic at best without mimicing someone worth a damn is street-level, someone Spiderman could kick to the curb.

I like how you did not piece together that it does not contradict my post when they went out of their way to say it was in earth 616. There is more than one single incarnation of mimic with some inconsistencies, and for this battle she chose the incarnation where "Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets."

First of all, it is irrelevant how much he is worth without mimicking someone because in this case scenario he is mimicking someone. And If you really want to go there about spiderman then how about this... Thor is a huge Jobber that gets his butt handed to him on a daily basis by street levelers. Mimic takes barely. He has jeans telepathy which is in fact second to Charles xavier. Which means he has telekinesis to.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By isaac_clarke

I think it's pretty cool how you just throw multiple bios for different iterations of a character for no reason. Given you're going the bio-route I suppose you don't actually have a single scan that proves any claim you'll make for Mimic right?

First of all, it is irrelevant how much he is worth without mimicking someone because in this case scenario he is mimicking someone.

He's was mimicing the same folks he mimiced while fighting Falcon. For some reason you believe he'll do better against Thor with his dated optic blasts, snow balls, wings, mild enhanced stats and telekinesis.

And If you really want to go there about spiderman then how about this... Thor is a huge Jobber that gets his butt handed to him on a daily basis by street levelers. Mimic takes barely. He has jeans telepathy which is in fact second to Charles xavier. Which means he has telekinesis to.

For one thing he doesn't actually have telepathy - the bio posted by the OP is wrong:

No Caption Provided

That's why he borrowed Rachel's. And to note - even ignoring he can't retain powers after a certain range or that he has to toggle between them - her telepathy has done squat to Thor twice now. He's KOed her with her own Psi-blast in the past.

And for the other thing: You really don't seem to know much about Mimic or Thor - so outside of trolling why would you bump this thread after two weeks to restart this argument pretending Mimic wins?

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By pastepotpete1

@inconvenient_truth said:

Does anyone know if he can mimic Thors powers?

no he cant he is barely in the top 20 for being the most powerful mutant supposedly he can only mimic mutant powers of who he is around ....then they changed it that the powers he mimic take a day or two to leave his body but the more powerful and the more numerous of abilities he mimics the more painful it is for him... even he if he could mimic someone with thor's powers its like u buying a movie that is bootleg dealer you dont get the fine features of the movie same with mimic

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Dude I sustain most of what you said about Thor's combat speed. What people must understand is that he's inconsistent in this case. Wolverine example is one of these sometimes he himself states he's slower and others he just stomps him. The same happens with his durability against TP.

For every issue where Thor is blitzed there are ones that he wasn't, including guys like Gladiator. For example recently spider-man wasn't fast enough to let Mjolnir go before he was almost in space.