MCU Hulk-Buster vs RWBY

• 65 results
red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@tparks: These guys were adults and Jaune was only able to join beacon because of some trick.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: That makes sense enough. I was just hoping you knew of some bit of lore that might explain that the fodder they have fought have shields. It would just be a nice bit of info to know.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: True but I resent the new animation software honestly. Feels different, not that it is bad. And that RWBY went downhill using it so yeah.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Would you like to read my CAV so you have a bit of RWBY knowledge. I believe I tagged you there if you were interested.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tparks said:
@thewatcherking said:
@tparks said:

I thought I heard Ruby got a power boost sometime after season 1

And I’m not too impressed with their cutting power for me to think they could easily cut through that armor. I know aura shields are part of that reason, but even the fodder don’t get cut. I’ve seen mixed opinions on whether the fodder have aura shields.

Which is why I’m not sold on them easily cutting the armor.

Because we all know that Ruby is actively trying her hardest to murder fodder people right? It's not like good guys are known for holding back?

The fodder get hit with blades. Holding back wouldn't cause the blade to become a blunt weapon. And it's never been implied that the characters hold back.

The fact that they have aura means their piercing attack can be used as blunt force attack.

Just look at when Emerald used her bladed weapon to knock out coco.

No Caption Provided

And it's never been implied that the characters hold back.

And it's never been implied that they fodder they take down don't die,not once has that been remotely suggested. In fact, it has been suggested that the fodder Ruby took down in the fjrst chapter of the series were killed.

Here the guy who lent Roman torchwick the men that Ruby beaten outright says they never cane back(and that he doesn't know where they).

Loading Video...

Either way your logic doesn't work, there is zero indication that they use lethal force on fodder. But even if we say they do those fodder have never been shown to been alive afterwards regardless,so it's not an anti feat.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: @thewatcherking:TWK: Sorry man, but I can’t follow what you’re trying to prove here. But I’m content with RRP’s explanation. It’s the same one I got from Jashro44 in another thread a while back.

RRP: I just saw I was tagged in it. I’ll read it as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for tagging me.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: It's pretty simple but okay.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: I don’t want to be rude and ignore your comment. Sorry.

Here are the issues I have and why it gets confusing to figure out what you’re trying to prove.

You give three explanations, and all of them if true, mean the others can’t be true.

If the characters are holding back, then the enemies live, which means your next point that we don’t see the enemies die, is not true, and if they have aura shields, then neither of those explanations are true.

Any of those explanations are fine if that’s what you believe, but you gave three separate contradicting explanations, but use them to say that another contradicting explanation can’t be true. It comes off like you are only willing to accept explanations that end up with their cutting power not being called into question.

I personally think that the explanations that they hold back or that their enemies die is pretty weak. There is nothing beyond speculation to indicate those arguments hold up. And I give the writers more credit that they would show this at some point, if that is what is happening.

At least the aura shields is a plausible explanation supported by the lore. Unfortunately there is the Juane example that does weaken it somewhat. Since aura shields are not inherent among the characters and do need to be learned. The only characters we see crystal clear examples of using them come from highly trained schools. So that’s why I won’t say I 100% agree that the fodder have aura shields and know how to use them enough to resist strong cutting power.

Its fine if you disagree with any explanation, but arguing against another explanation with three contradictory explanations that aren’t anymore supported then the one you are disagreeing with, is confusing to read. Which is why it’s difficult for me to understand what you are trying to prove.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@tparks:

I don’t want to be rude and ignore your comment. Sorry.

It's not a big deal to me, so there is no need to apologize.

You give three explanations, and all of them if true, mean the others can’t be true.

If the characters are holding back, then the enemies live, which means your next point that we don’t see the enemies die, is not true, and if they have aura shields, then neither of those explanations are true.

I didn't say I beleive in all of those possibilities equally. But they can have aura shields and either of the two explanations I gave can still be true. If they truly hold back but the fodder they face has aura shields, that merely means they hold back enough to not kill them through their aura.It's not like people can't get one shotted through their aura if their aura isn't that strong, the fact that their fodder would mean their aura isn't all that.

On the other hand if huntsmen did go for the kill it merely means that, once again, someone like Ruby is strong enough to kill people through their aura. Mercury killed someone with a single kick back in Vol 2 chapter one(it was confirmed later that the guy did die) so having aura shields(something every living thing on remnant has) doesn't contradict either thing I said.

Any of those explanations are fine if that’s what you believe, but you gave three separate contradicting explanations, but use them to say that another contradicting explanation can’t be true. It comes off like you are only willing to accept explanations that end up with their cutting power not being called into question.

It's not as if I gave you a completely unreasonable explanation, I will say that my saying they hold back contradicts the whole "we don't see them die" thing, but that was the alternative.

It comes off like you are only willing to accept explanations that end up with their cutting power not being called into question.

Tell me, if someone is strong enough to one shot boulders with their sycthe, slice through state of the art bulletproof mecha suits, and create shockwaves with their hits, is it reasonable to think that they can't even cut through a regular human being?

To think that someone who can do this to a nevermore

No Caption Provided

can't cut through a human is not reasonable. And while we're at it, it has openly been stated that all people have aura(skip to 0:27 of the video).

Loading Video...

So regardless of if people like Ruby try to kill or not, we do know for a fact that everyone(fodder or not) has aura. To argue that they have low cutting power is faulty, student huntsmen regularly kill bulletproof grimm, so how can it be logical to you that regular people(without aura) "tank" their attacks? If they aren't

A).Holding back.

B). Actually killing people, which is not something has ever been contradicted.

C).The people actually have aura, something that's been established from the very start of the series.

I personally think that the explanations that they hold back or that their enemies die is pretty weak. There is nothing beyond speculation to indicate those arguments hold up.

You say that as if there is evidence to contradict the claim, the fact is that that none of the people who faced Ruby ever were heard from again or came back. And it's not speculation that there is no evidence that any fodder have ever been shown to be alive after fighting people like Ruby or Weiss.

At least the aura shields is a plausible explanation supported by the lore. Unfortunately there is the Juane example that does weaken it somewhat.

The writers needed a way to introduce the idea of aura into the series, I mean it's been blatantly said that everything has aura on remnant.

The only characters we see crystal clear examples of using them come from highly trained schools. So that’s why I won’t say I 100% agree that the fodder have aura shields and know how to use them enough to resist strong cutting power.

So are we supposed to think that the guns in rwby(that have feats to put them above real life guns) are weak too? Because people like Yang have shot fodder, and by your logic they must have weak cutting power too(despite them not being shown to be alive either).

Its fine if you disagree with any explanation, but arguing against another explanation with three contradictory explanations that aren’t anymore supported then the one you are disagreeing with, is confusing to read. Which is why it’s difficult for me to understand what you are trying to prove.

I only gave two explanations that contradict each other, the third thing that "contradicts" the others is a fact that can still be true regardless of which explanation is right. I gave two explanations because either make sense to me, either the fodder they face die. There may not be strong evidence towards that being true to you, but some evidence is better than none, and nothing supports your "low cutting power" statement. On the other hand, they could hold back, which isn't hard to believe when you consider what huntsmen are supposed to be.

So again, yes those explanations contradict each other but those are two possibilities that make sense. Trying to argue that they have low cutting power, does not.

Kefka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But can any of team RWBY tear apart Hulk Buster faster than it can repair itself? Or for that matter, take the “go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep!” Punches if any of them get caught by it?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RWBY wins with high difficulty. No one is soloing.

Kefka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, last episode I watched showed that Weiss was quite penetrable once you get through that aura. On the flip side I see Blake causing nearly as much trouble with her semblance as Yang could, what with Tony wasting effort on her dust augmented doppelgängers. Would Tony be able to figure her out before then?

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still RWBY

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RWBY should win all rounds. But I just wanna say Remnant bullets are the only projectiles weaker than Call of Duty bullets

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RWBY should win all rounds. But I just wanna say Remnant bullets are the only projectiles weaker than Call of Duty bullets

Bullets in rwby have shattered boulders, and blown holes in the heads of beowolves...

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Lol yeah I know. I was going more along the lines of how insignificant the characters in the show treat said bullets. Low tier fodder can block and tank them, and it seems like all people have to do is casually jog in a straight line and the projectiles just magically miss. They just seem really ineffective.

I guess that's what happens when every weapon in existence is half-firearm

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

RWBY team wins through superior speeds and Tony's poor piercing resistance.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team RWBY pretty easy as the whole team

Each individual fighter could win mid diff, since they have all fought comparable enemies before.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They all win unless they job. Yang might've had some trouble though.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yang can solo. Weiss and Ruby oneshot.

Blake dies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Literally everyone in RWBY solo with ease. Hulkbuster is best at just holding off Hulk, not actually beating him. Tony doesn't have a way around the team's speed, piercing damage, and Yang's ability to one shot a Paladin.