How Long Could Sypha Last Against Korra?

• 65 results
JohnnyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How Long Could Sypha Last Against Korra? (33 votes)

sypha gets rekt immediately 6%
korra toys with her for a while then beats her decisively 9%
sypha gives korra a good fight but loses 39%
sypha wins 45%

korra starts in base form; sypha is bloodlusted; korra in-character

random encounter

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Hayabusa77

Korra has more raw power and elemental control but she is cocky, sloppy, and tries to subdue people, and her enemies rarely tried to kill her.

Sypha is precise, deadly, has more focus, will mock people but never gets overconfident, she is also much more strategic and clear headed. And Korra might not be able to bend sypha's magic considering both fire and ice seems to materialize from her while being able to control true elements. Sypha also fights to survive, Korra fights because it's her job

Korra: regular humans, animals, above average humans with element powers, Mechas, helped fight a giant mech, and an evil tentacle spirit.

Sypha: regular humans who want blood, demons, creatures that wouldn't hold back from ripping your head off, monsters that are tougher than normal weapons, super human vampires with different powers including superior stats, and helped fight mother fucking dracula.

Also sypha can manipulate air also. So Korra only has earth as an element advantage

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic:

- 1) I gave more than one reason why I thought she is one of the worst,

And your first reason was absolute garbage.

nd it’s funny how immediately above this quote of yours, I also wrote “her temperament prevents her from utilizing strategy in a fight,” yet you completely ignore that. Or, the part where I mention she likely doesn’t have the patience, or training, to redirecting lightning. It’s easy to argue when you pick and choose what to argue against.

I didn't "ignore" anything, you just can't read, I already addressed this in post 23. Also we've never seen her even try lightning redirection. Also below is what I previously posted, you're just factually wrong on strategy.

Spoiler

Granted many of the earth waves are also designed to mess up an opponents footing but here I'll list more concentrated and singular usages

Toddler Korra trips up a White Lotus Sentry
Toddler Korra trips up a White Lotus Sentry
Korra launches a triad member up in the air
Korra launches a triad member up in the air
Korra BFR's Jinora and Ikki(they weren't hurt don't worry)
Korra BFR's Jinora and Ikki(they weren't hurt don't worry)
Korra launches the protestors table stand sky high
Korra launches the protestors table stand sky high
Korra catches the lieutenant by surprise and smacks him into a metal wall
Korra catches the lieutenant by surprise and smacks him into a metal wall
Korra uses a boulder under an equalist to put him down in CQC
Korra uses a boulder under an equalist to put him down in CQC
A tour de force of earthbending here, Korra spams multiple pillars in CQC and from afar in tandem with earth waves to
A tour de force of earthbending here, Korra spams multiple pillars in CQC and from afar in tandem with earth waves to "unhorse" the motorcade of bandits, and large earth walls to separate them from Asami
Korra uses an incredibly discrete and quick environmental attack that leaves a hard to notice dust trail up until it got to Zaheer and raised a boulder to trip someone even with his speed and senses
Korra uses an incredibly discrete and quick environmental attack that leaves a hard to notice dust trail up until it got to Zaheer and raised a boulder to trip someone even with his speed and senses
And even from afar Korra can raise large boulders to try and flank Unalaq atop his spout
And even from afar Korra can raise large boulders to try and flank Unalaq atop his spout

Strategy:

Korra creates a twister of fire to blind Kuvira, and her two elite guards, so that she can quickly dispatch them with her follow up attack
Korra creates a twister of fire to blind Kuvira, and her two elite guards, so that she can quickly dispatch them with her follow up attack

Beat's Unalaq by bidding time for him to over extend, in order to dismount him from his spout neutralize him, with an impressive freezing/redirection technique

Both a technique and an example of precision Korra freezes the water around Unalaq's arm while leaving the rest of the water arm unfrozen to maintain it's flexibility to drag him down to her
Both a technique and an example of precision Korra freezes the water around Unalaq's arm while leaving the rest of the water arm unfrozen to maintain it's flexibility to drag him down to her

2) As far as people “seeing through me,” what is there to see through from posts on a battle forum? Oh no, I hate a cartoon character, my true evil nature has been revealed in an online avatar battle!

None of this was said, I quoted something in regards to your malignment of Korra's story.

Seriously, I don’t need an apology, if anything apologize to everyone else on this thread as, if you reread the posts before you joined the discussion, everything was fine until you came in with your BS.

Sounds like a you problem, don't post things that would attract criticism. Also you're factually the one who went off topic.

3) I never mentioned depression or any other Avatar except Aang.

Examples

Your very first post: Korra, in my opinion, is one of the worst Avatars.

Your second post: However, the fire nation already had other nations under their dominion when Aang was avatar, so he had muc more of an uphill battle.

Except you did. This thread was about Korra and Sypha. You are the first person who brought up other Avatars and the first to mention Aang directly. You can't even look back at your own posts?

You turned this into an argument in which you want to paint yourself as the hero and/or heroine that’s fighting for some just cause. Again: It is a fictional battle forum, I clearly stated her past trauma caused her to lose to people she should have beat. Yet, you somehow interpret my comments as “shaming,” a word you must have picked up from countless hours on TikTok or Instagram. Surprised you didn’t “break the Internet” by “clapping back.”

Blah blah blah, all you're doing is whining, no one cares. I countered your points, and explained how your argument made no sense in regards to mental health, and wasn't relevant in battle just like it isn't with other characters at low points.

All the time you’ve spent posting on this site, maybe you should actually have spent in face-to-face interactions with people. Then you’ll realize, in the grand scheme of things, there’s more to life than being a crusader for a Nickelodeon character.

Is that why you tagged me after I dusted this conversation? You can't move on, and any adult would know you can multi task in real life.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LOL

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and sypha is much more attractive than korra

jwillis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jwillis12

@tektonic: “Except you did. This thread was about Korra and Sypha. You are the first person who brought up other Avatars and the first to mention Aang directly. You can't even look back at your own posts?”

1) agreed, this thread was about Korra and Sypha, whom you stated you didn’t even know. Again proving my point that you posted simply to remove any fun that was possible and make sure the almighty Korra was not disrespected. “I sense a besmirching of Korra, I must protect my lady’s honor!”

2) Does your reading comprehension decrease with each response? I wrote I never mentioned any OTHER AVATAR EXCEPT AANG. I used the term “avatars” in general. Besides Korra and Aang, not one specific avatar was discussed or named by me. I’ve made this clear.

3) I’m the whiner, says the person who posted earlier about how offensive “wanker” is. Yes, wanker. A term so cruel that it’s been banned in 17 countries.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Tektonic
@jwillis12 said:

1) agreed, this thread was about Korra and Sypha, whom you stated you didn’t even know. Again proving my point that you posted simply to remove any fun that was possible and make sure the almighty Korra was not disrespected. “I sense a besmirching of Korra, I must protect my lady’s honor!”

"almighty Korra" Well if you say so.

I came to debunk your nonsense(which I did), within the context of one part of the matchup which is on topic by definition. Nothing you wrote was fun or funny I didn't remove anything. Truth hurts.

2) Does your reading comprehension decrease with each response? I wrote I never mentioned any OTHER AVATAR EXCEPT AANG. I used the term “avatars” in general. Besides Korra and Aang, not one specific avatar was discussed or named by me. I’ve made this clear.

Avatars is plural therefore you are referring to more than just Aang in your very first post. The fact you were the first person to change the topic of discussion means all the blame falls solely on you. And you didn't even actually think about the history of the other avatars before you wrote it. Your only job was to stay on topic and you failed. There is no way around it, everything was on you.

3) I’m the whiner, says the person who posted earlier about how offensive “wanker” is. Yes, wanker. A term so cruel that it’s been banned in 17 countries.

Bad joke, you're trying too hard. And no it was too prove how ridiculous Geek's claim that I was oh so rude when I didn't say any actual insult.

jwillis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic:

“Which wasn't fun or funny like anything you've written here. Truth hurts.” - actually, HP and I were engaged in a debate prior to you joining the thread. Since we were going back and forth, with no insults utilized, it was a common interaction from what I’ve seen on this forum.

Who are you to determine what was fun for that person or I? Again, once you joined, the tone of the whole thread changed. That’s the truth, and Geekryan pointed that out as well.

“The fact you were the first person to change the topic of discussion means all the blame falls solely on you.” - The topic was still Korra, HP and I were debating about her accomplishments and abilities as an Avatar. This pertained to the bigger picture, of Korra vs. Sypha.

After you joined, it went from a debate with another individual to ridiculous back and forth with you.

“Bad joke, you're trying too hard. And no it was too prove how ridiculous Geek's claim that I was oh so rude when I didn't say any actual insult.”

- Not really ridiculous, you pretty much are a rude wanker

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Tektonic
@jwillis12 said:

@tektonic:

actually, HP and I were engaged in a debate prior to you joining the thread. Since we were going back and forth, with no insults utilized, it was a common interaction from what I’ve seen on this forum.

And it's common to have others respond which I did.

Who are you to determine what was fun for that person or I?

Who are you to determine that I came in here to ruin the fun? If you asked anyone else you know that isn't true. I can't read your mind, therefore that clearly wasn't my goal. You're saying nonsense at this point, I came to debunk your claims, if that ruined your fun, than you made the wrong claims.

Again, once you joined, the tone of the whole thread changed. That’s the truth, and Geekryan pointed that out as well.

And I already addressed him.

The topic was still Korra, HP and I were debating about her accomplishments and abilities as an Avatar. This pertained to the bigger picture, of Korra vs. Sypha.

This is a fight, nothing you brought in terms of her mental state factor in because she is currently not in that state or regressed to it in any fight. Nor were your claims about fighting style which were also objectively wrong with picture evidence, that I've posted twice.

After you joined, it went from a debate with another individual to ridiculous back and forth with you.

You chose to start it again. Do you want to end it mutually at this point?

- Not really ridiculous, you pretty much are a rude wanker

Already addressed.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Aystarr

What is going on? lol

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly idc, they're both good and are very close, regardless of who wins, if anyone thinks one would stomp the other or would win effortlessly against them then they're lying to themselves.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and sypha is much more attractive than korra

... Literally who asked?🤨, And how is that relevant here?.

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: idk. Seeing if anyone got upset and decided to defend Korra about that for no reason while watching the chaos. Why do you care?

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is hilarious lmao. Everyones ganging up on the pseudo intellectual

jwillis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayabusa77: Oh and sypha is much more attractive than korra

- lol, agreed

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: @vengefulshot - the debate was regarding their accomplishments, not about what occurred due to lack of inaction. It’s true, Aang ran off and because he was not around, this allowed the fire nation to become the dominant force in the world. This shows, if anything, a character flaw with Aang as someone the world depends on. However, we need to look at intent/causation: Aang didn’t intend to get frozen for 100yrs. In my argument, I stated facts: Korra did not directly cause the re-emergence of air benders, for example. Her intent was the opposite in fact: she wanted the portals sealed during harmonic convergence. While Aang was in fact a founder of republic city with zuko. Just like Korra beat a giant, merged Unalak, Aang beat the fire lord during the day of the comet. Both of these are facts. The logic I utilized while I looked at their accomplishments was applied across the board, how does that make me a “Korra hater?” I argued that Aang was more accomplished, stated the reasons why, and argued as to why Korra’s accomplishments were lesser. I left the contributions of both “team avatars” out of the argument. It’s a debate, of course I am going to favor one side, the person I was debating presented their arguments for Korra yet you don’t see me calling them an “Aang hater.”

Im late.

Anyway, I never said you were a Korra hater, but I do feel that you among many others have very rose tinted goggles on when it comes to Aang and has achievements and flaws. I don't agree that Aang was more accomplished. His achievements include: Ending the 100 year war by defeating Ozai, and subsequently saving the EK from destruction. Founding republic city. Stopping supreme bloodbender Amon.

Korras are: Stopping the nonbending revolution and bringing together benders and nonbenders in rebuplic city in a peaceful co-existence, by defeating the even better than Yakone bloodbender Amon. Saving the world from 10000 years of darkness and choosing to leave the portals open in the end, bringing together mortals and spirits. Stopping Zaheer from initiating worldwide chaos through the elimination of world leaders (partially successful, since the EK and Ba Sing Se did fall to chaos). Stopping Kuvira from invading Republic City and breaking her hold on the Earth Kingdom.

Even by her early twenties, her resume is significantly more impressive than Aangs was in a lifetime, and we dont know what she will accomplish in her late 20's-death. She has a lot of time to surpass herself.

I also think its disingenuous to ignore their support system and friends. Aangs friends were some of the most talented benders (Katara, Toph), prestigious minds (Sokka), and most politically powerful (Zuko) people in the world. He relied on them to do a lot of the heavy lifting in his adventures, which isn't a knock on him, it would be foolish to ignore and not utilise his friends talents. But Korras team was significantly less impressive and was used a lot less, to the point where, whilst she relied on her friends, she utilised them much less than Aang did his and did much of the work by herself. Mako and Bolin felt like a hindrance in early seasons more than anything else.